Cannot install MS CRM 3.0c laptopclient - SQL Server Express fails

Hi,

I'm trying to install the latest laptop client onto my PC, I
uninstalled the previous client and also made sure I removed the old
MSDE database, however on the prerequisites SQL Server Express (crm)
fails to install given the error message:
No encryption key is available. A well-known encryption key was
returned.

Various searches on the internet have not shed any light on what this
error message means or how to resolve the problem, has anyone else
encountered this?

Jon

0
Fulk
12/22/2006 5:26:53 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jon, to be able to help you, I need following info.

1. What is version of CRM laptop client?
2. What is your PC's OS?
3. What is Outlook version on your machine?

Thanks,

"Fulk" <jw.williams@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install the latest laptop client onto my PC, I
> uninstalled the previous client and also made sure I removed the old
> MSDE database, however on the prerequisites SQL Server Express (crm)
> fails to install given the error message:
> No encryption key is available. A well-known encryption key was
> returned.
>
> Various searches on the internet have not shed any light on what this
> error message means or how to resolve the problem, has anyone else
> encountered this?
>
> Jon

0
Boyoung
12/30/2006 12:11:35 AM
Hi

I encounter the same problem as Jon:
The version of CRM Laptop Client ist CRM 3.0 (would like to update to
3.0c)
PC's OS is XP
Outlook is 2003

I tried it on another machine and it was no problem.

Thanks for helping me out.

Regina

Boyoung Ko [Microsoft] schrieb:

> Jon, to be able to help you, I need following info.
>
> 1. What is version of CRM laptop client?
> 2. What is your PC's OS?
> 3. What is Outlook version on your machine?
>

> Thanks,
>

> "Fulk" <jw.williams@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to install the latest laptop client onto my PC, I
> > uninstalled the previous client and also made sure I removed the old
> > MSDE database, however on the prerequisites SQL Server Express (crm)
> > fails to install given the error message:
> > No encryption key is available. A well-known encryption key was
> > returned.
> >
> > Various searches on the internet have not shed any light on what this
> > error message means or how to resolve the problem, has anyone else
> > encountered this?
> >
> > Jon

0
Regi

MS RMS Store Operations Study Guide?
Does any one have this? I would like to get certified but I don't have the $298 to buy it. http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/retailmanagementsystem/using/rms_elearning.mspx Thanks, Jho After purchasing RMS in January I was told that the User's Guide (which could bethe basis of study) was no longer available in printed form. After finally gaining access to CustomerSource, I found it available for download (all 536 pages of it). Yesterday, my RMS tech told me that it is again being shipped with new purchases of RMS. You do have to be a support customer to access the s...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

conversion #3
I am trying to upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. When I attempt to export the data in my email files (inbox, sent,etc.)I do not have the "received" information exported - when mapping the fields I am unable to map several of the email fields; therefore, they are not exported. I have been unable to find the normal email fields to use in my mapping. How do I map normal email fields in an export operation? If I do not export this information my new computer has no idea when I received my old emails/ In the old days, the easiest way to keep all da...

BackUp #3
how i can take backup of all my company emailboxes and addresses? ...

INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS
INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS - www.InternetMillionDollars.biz Watch the VIDEO on YOUTUBE... NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQUjk5EGV0 MAKE MONEY INSTANTLY using 2007 featured INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS as a resource. WORK FROM HOME HOMEBASED JOBS AND IDEAS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY Professor James Bradley's "Quick and real way to make BIG MONEY on the Internet!" The Independent Finally you have FOUND IT! Make a FORTUNE each month... .... every month! 100% ON AUTOPILOT Read it NOW and CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Are you fed up with being short of MONEY all the time? Do you DREAM about a...

Outlook Express #135
Is there any problem with using Outlook Express for e mail retrieval but also keeping Outlook open at the same time for the calendar and task lists? I am doing this because Express has auto fill of the e mail address and Outlook 2000 does not. Also, is there a way to copy my contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express? Thanks. You can try: - exporting your Outlook contacts to a CSV file for import into OE - upgrading to OL2002 or 2003 since they both have auto-complete like OE "carolyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:292a01c3e143$d4619810$a0012...

Re-install Outlook 2002

crm consultant needed asap

Outlook Express and LAN connection
I have Outlook Express 6.00.280 installed on Win NT 4.0 SP6 which is LAN connected to another PC that has Internet connection (Proxy server). Email account on my PC is POP3 for incoming mails and SMTP for outcoming. Now the problem is that I cannot receive emails but can only send them through this Proxy. Internet Explorer and all other applications that require Internet connection through proxy are working OK. The only problem I have is to receive emails. I setup the same account on another PC which has direct connection to the Internet through dialup and no problems for both sending and rece...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Monitor Server in 2003?

Office installation and Windows 7

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

date function #3

Custom reports #3

OutLook Express #229
I get an error message I cannot seem to get rid of for mail to be sent. However, there's nothing in my sent folder. How can I refresh my outlook and/or delete the 2 original messages I tried sending if the messages are no longer in my 'outgoing' folder? The emails aren't in either the outgoing or sent folders. But when I click on the send/receiv button the comment "sending 1 or 2 ....". Only I can't find the emails to delete them. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explore...

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...