Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router

I Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router, this message appear
after typing the CRM server name  and CRM web site.

"One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is
invalid or you do not have administrator privilages on
that server.Make sure that all servers are running
properly and try again.".

I think that is a security problem, my boss was hosting
domains with the Exchange server, now i cannot install
the Router.

What to do?

 please help.
0
Nepdy
12/27/2004 9:25:40 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

the best way to install the Exchange Email Router is, to have domain admin
rights. The Exchange server must be in the same domain as your MSCRM server
is. Does the command nslookup work from the Exchang to the MSCRM server and
the other way around? To you have firewalls between your servers? If yes,
please open the following ports as minimum:

CRM Server - Port 80 or 8080 (These are commonly used ports, but with CRM
v1.2 you can specify another open port)
SQL Server - Port 1433
AD - Port 389
SSL - Port 443

Domain Controller
TCP Ports (21)
53 Domain Name Server
88 Kerberos
135 DCE endpoint resolution
139 NETBIOS Session Service
389 Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
445 Microsoft-DS
464 Kpasswd
593 HTTP RPC Ep Map
636 ldap protocol over TLS/SSL
Random Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
1046-1049 (random) Intersite Messaging Service (ismserv.exe)
Random MSTask.exe
Random DNS intersite
Random File Replication Service (Ntfrs.exe)
Random Distributed File System
3268 Microsoft Global Catalog
3269 Microsoft Global Catalog with LDAP/SSL
3372 Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2

Exchange
TCP Ports
25 Simple Mail Transfer
80 World Wide Web HTTP
110 Post Office Protocol - Version 3
135 DCE endpoint resolution
139 NETBIOS Session Service
143 Internet Message Access Protocol
443 HTTP protocol over TLS/SSL
445 Microsoft-DS
593 HTTP RPC Ep Map
691 MS Exchange Routing
993 imap4 protocol over TLS/SSL
995 pop3 protocol over TLS/SSL
1032 (random) Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
1060 (random) MStask.exe
1063 - 8400 (random) Exchange mad.exe, emsmta.exe, store.exe
1077 Inetinfo.exe
1078 Inetinfo.exe
1151 Inetinfo.exe
1216 Inetinfo.exe
3372 Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
3389 Terminal Services
7224 Inetinfo.exe (local Web-based administration)
7942 Inetinfo.exe
7943 Inetinfo.exe

--
Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps.

Freundliche Gr�sse,
Alfred G�bel (MS)

(Microsoft kann f�r die Richtigkeit und Vollst�ndigkeit der Inhalte in
dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung �bernehmen.)

"Nepdy E Gomez" <ngomez@ofinet.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router, this message appear
> after typing the CRM server name  and CRM web site.
>
> "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is
> invalid or you do not have administrator privilages on
> that server.Make sure that all servers are running
> properly and try again.".
>
> I think that is a security problem, my boss was hosting
> domains with the Exchange server, now i cannot install
> the Router.
>
> What to do?
>
> please help.

0
Alfred

Exchange 2k Journaling Problem
The company I work for is going to be moving locations in the next couple of months and, due to the move and several other factors, our email server will be down for a couple of days. As a stop gap measure, we have contracted with a 3rd party, Front Bridge AMC, to handle the email for us during that time period. The Front Bridge AMC maintains 30 days worth of email for each user and allows web access to their email, similiar to OWA. Email that arrives from an external source (hotmail for example) destined for the company I work for is captured, as is internal email destined for outsi...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and SBS 2003
My company has a server running SBS 2003. When running Baseline Security Analyzer I noticed that I needed to update our SBS Exchange 2003 to SP1 (BSL referred to our current version as Exchange 2003 Gold). I downloaded SP1 but was unable to locate any installation guidelines in the release notes. Should I just install the update during off hours? Please let me know if any installation instructions or guidelines exist. Thank you for your help. A Beck The release notes http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/sp1rn.mspx and online help http://www.microsof...

Now that CRM 3.0 RTM is out on MSDN...
Now that CRM 3.0 RTM is out on MSDN are we allowed to talk about it in this NG? Or are we still supposed to keep quiet about it?! Cheers Tom ...

Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain
We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain. We would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain. Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding anything on Microsoft's website. you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147294933.261759.288080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com.....

How do you install the Integration Assistant for Excel
I am running Gret Plains 8.0 and cannot find out how toi install the Integration Assistant for Excel. The Integration Assistant for Excel is an additional component/feature of the Integration Manager. When you install IM, It's an option to install for additional applications. If you already have IM installed then use CD1 to run setup again; select Integeration Manager choose to Modify existing setup. When the Select Feature window comes up; select the check boxes for "Additional Applications" and "Integration Assistant for Excel" "Robert Korzuch" ...

CRM Client installtion failure
I am trying to install the Outlook desktop client on a newly installed OS. The install gets nearly all the way through and then 'rolls back'. In reality it doesn't actually roll back and when I open up Outlook I see the client and the toolbar there. I can log emails etc into the CRM database, however one thing it keeps doing is prompting me to confirm that I want to allow an application access to the Outlook address book. I have poseted previously to see if anyone else has had this problem and how to solve it, but since I have not received a response, I will assume that no on...

Exchange 5.5 Error Message "Application Log Full"
This is the relavent information from the Application Log: Event ID: 2125 Source: MSExchnageMTA Type: Warning Catagory: Resource Description: Statistics for the DBI call (DB Server): file writes GATEWAY, reads 37, cache hits 275, misses %5. Attribute %6, value number %7, Object ID: %8 (00000000 => N/A). Caller %12 [%9 %10 %11] (8) I'm having a hard time making sense of this error message. Vaguely, it looks like a system call to a DB server that is misbehaving in some way. I've tried restarting the MSExchangeMTA service, to no avail. Can somone point me in the right dire...

Installing CRM3, multiple errors
I have installed CRM3 on a clean SBS2003 machine (under VirtualPC), but have got a series of errors and cannot now acess CRM at all. I followed the steps in the Implmentation Guide. I had to change the web site port to be 80 and the alias to be able to access it (as crm3demo). I installed CRM3 under Administrator login and was initially able to open CRM correctly, login as Administrator, go into the Administrator user and uncheck the restricted access check box. Everything appeared normal. Then I set up the sample data users in Active Directory and tried installing the sample data by ...

Installed MS Office and Recent Documents Keep Disappearring
Having Windows 7 on new machine, installed MS Office 2007, but have a problem with program displaying recent documents. Set up shows 17 documents in Advanced settings. Have to open documents from Word/Excel directory, and it then shows in recent document list. Remains listed for the day. load up next day, and no documents listed. If anyone can advise what can be done to correct would be appreciated. Regards Phil B ...

Activity Creation by Exchange Connector
We're investigating the use of the connector to create activities for incoming email that relates to CRM records. I think a good solution would be for CRM to create activities for all incoming messages that come from an email address that matches a Lead, Contact, and Account. If a matching address does not exist, the user would be required to promote the message using SFO -- or copy and paste. I have tried both options for converting incoming email and neither seem to be close to what I want: - All incoming.... creates and activity for *all* messages, even if it cannot match the se...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

Email Router Crashing
Hello, I am having an issue with email router. When the service is started, it is then stopped immediately with the error message: The CRM Email Router on Local Computer started then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they have no work etc etc In the event viewer we get the following error Message: #16192 - The E-mail Router service could not run the service main background thread. The E-mail Router service cannot continue and will now shut down. System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The E-mail router service cannot access system state file Microsoft.Crm.Tools.E...

exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5
can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate orgs, can users view each others address list? You might try this link for help, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238573 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mostro" <oveloz@glas**flossnospam.com> wrote in message news:10f59d91kildved@corp.supernews.com... > can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate > orgs, can users view each others address list? > > ...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...

CRM Report Issue
I designed a custom report to run pending activities & assigned activities of current loggin user. This report is running in report server and showing current user's assigned activities. i am passing current user name in parameters as @User Name from sql query. After deploying this report into crm. its throwing an error message like this. "An error has occurred during report processing. The Value expression for the query parameter =91@UserName=92 contains an error: Index was outside the bounds of the array" The current user name passing from crm report as "...

Exchange 2003 And Multiple Managers
We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. Any help on how this would be achieved would be greatly appreciated. "Davie" <dxw@mms.co.uk> wrote: >We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple >Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different >Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. > >Any help on how this would ...

how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server
I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live and somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I cannot open outlook...how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server.__ -- lje Use the Mail applet in the control panel to add the Exchange account type back. "laurna" <laurna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D930AED-BB12-499E-996D-6FAF98D5B598@microsoft.com... >I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live >and > somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I ...

installation #5
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I buy Office 2008 and when I try to install, it says my computer is running a newer version and won't install. I don't have office, and not a newer version. On 10/30/09 1:42 PM, in article 59b7fa83.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "willc73@officeformac.com" <willc73@officeformac.com> wrote: > > I buy Office 2008 and when I try to install, it says my computer is running a > newer version and won't install. I don't have office, and not a newer version. Check in both these places...

re-install of Office Standard running Windows 7
I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I tried to find a fix but didn't...I decided to uninstall Office. I then tried to re-install and got an error to type a string in the run to get info for customer support. this does not work file not found. If you installed Office from the cd the only thing you are required to enter is the Key "56Triumph T 110" <56TriumphT110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA69BAFD-48D0-4882-93AA-29770AADB4F6@microsoft.com... > I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I trie...

Install network printer on outsider laptop?
A guest wants to use his company laptop to print on our network. How is that done if his computer is not part of our domain? He would need no other netowrk access than to the printer. I tried adding the printer as a network printer using \\10.10.x.x I also added it as a local printer then tried to add a TCP/IP port of 10.10.x.x but neither recognized the IP address. This procedure worked on XP, but this is a Vista laptop. How is it done in Vista? On Feb 26, 4:45=A0pm, "M Skabialka" <mskabia...@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote: > A guest wants to use his company l...

MS Query cannot be started because it isn't installed
I'm trying to get External Data from SQL Server using my Excel 2000, but it says MS Query cannot be started because it isn't installed. I've installed the MS Query Add-in severals times and it's still not working. Does MS Query work with Excel 2000? ...

Incorrect Exchange/Mailbox details
Hi, I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them. When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load. A box opens with the text 'Configuring Outlook Accounts' 'Creating Welcome Message' Then another box opens with the error - 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and connected) The only option here is to click the OK button Another box opens titled Microso...

Routing the emails for another ISP (Exchange 2000)
Hello, I am analyzing a situation for a client: I has a LAN that has 4 PCs, assigned to 4 local users, each one has an email account (Exchange 2000). But emails should not be routed for the ISP that is being used, they must be routed for another ISP set. What options do I have for this. I hope you understand my question. Thanks. ...

Choose Exchange Mailbox Store
Hello, Just to check to be sure. When I create a new user in ADUC and I get the Exchange mailbox Wizard, I can choose on which Exchange server and Mailbox Store I want to create the mailbox. But, in the list of servers, I also see two connector servers where no mailboxes should be created on. I know that when I enable the checkbox 'This is a front-end server', no mailboxes can be created anymore on these servers. Is this the correct way to exclude these servers from mailbox creation or is there another way? Regards, -- Menko den Ouden MCSE+I Netherlands On Wed, 30 Nov 200...

recover a users mailbox (exchange 2003)
hi lovely people, A user has somehow corrupted or lost all his email kept at our office by logging into our server via a VPN and using his own outlook 2003 client (not OWA) to check his mail. i think whats happened is his home client has sucked all the mail in his inbox away to his home pc (could this be?) anyway, i've been looking into recovering his mailbox and found the following article on msexchange.org http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Recovering-Mailboxes-Exchange2003-SP1.html i'm with it upto a point but i'm quite new to exchange/windows server 2003 and i'm ve...