cannot install CRM 3.0 outlook client -- cannot connect to server error in prequal for install.

explorer is working fine , I can login to accounts and work there.

when I try to install I enter the same server name  ( CRMSERVER ) or
( CRM.company.com) and neither work .

is there a special port that is required by this communication between
client and server ?

Help is appreciated.

eric@corpotel.com

0
es
8/3/2007 11:57:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

it should be servername:5555

hope that helps

"es" wrote:

> explorer is working fine , I can login to accounts and work there.
>
> when I try to install I enter the same server name  ( CRMSERVER ) or
> ( CRM.company.com) and neither work .
>
> is there a special port that is required by this communication between
> client and server ?
>
> Help is appreciated.
>
> eric@corpotel.com

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

Outlook Sales

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

WCF Client serialization problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003