Cannot Import Outlook Contacts through CRM 3.0 Web Client

All,

I have installed CRM 3.0 to a single server: Win2003 SP1 / SQL 2005 / CRM
3.0.

When I follow the instructions to import my Outlook contacts through the
CRM web client, I see that I am missing the "Import" menu option from the
Tools menu.
What may have missed here that has rendered this component unavailable?

My workplace contains only articles reports and announcements

Kind Regards,

Pete Zerger MCSE(Messaging)
mail:pete.zerger@nospam.gmail.com
BLOG:http://www.it-jedi.net/

0
Pete
2/16/2006 2:39:15 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Pete;

Your user is likley in 'restricted mode'.  Click Settings-->Business Unit
Settings-->Users.  Double-click your user profile and un-check the
'restricted access' box at the bottom of the screen.  this assigns your user
a license, and allows you to see all the modules in the CRM.  Close your IE
session, and re-load the CRM.

Dave

"Pete Zerger" <pete.zerger@gmail.com> wrote in message
> All,
> I have installed CRM 3.0 to a single server: Win2003 SP1 / SQL 2005 / CRM
> 3.0.
> When I follow the instructions to import my Outlook contacts through the
> CRM web client, I see that I am missing the "Import" menu option from the
> Tools menu. What may have missed here that has rendered this component
> unavailable?
>
> My workplace contains only articles reports and announcements
>

> Kind Regards,
>
> Pete Zerger MCSE(Messaging)
> mail:pete.zerger@nospam.gmail.com
> BLOG:http://www.it-jedi.net/

0
Dave
2/16/2006 2:56:01 AM
Something tells me that the Default setting for a brand new user in MS CRM
should NOT be in restricted mode.....

Let's ASSume that the reason that we've shelled out good money for Servers,
Services, Software, and Shinola is that
we actually want to take advantage of the thousands of man hours of .NET 1.2
framework programming and use MS CRM's feature rich functionality.....

IF you want to put the straight jacket on users then we can do so later
on.....

IF all high performance automobiles were issued with governors limiting you
to 30 MPH/kph the uproar would be heard world wide......

MS CRM should allow us to go 150MPH if desired.....and if the admins want to
throttle you back down so be it.....

RJ Samp

"Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
> Hi Pete;
>
> Your user is likley in 'restricted mode'.  Click Settings-->Business Unit
> Settings-->Users.  Double-click your user profile and un-check the
> 'restricted access' box at the bottom of the screen.  this assigns your
> user a license, and allows you to see all the modules in the CRM.  Close
> your IE session, and re-load the CRM.
>
> Dave
>

> "Pete Zerger" <pete.zerger@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> All,
>> I have installed CRM 3.0 to a single server: Win2003 SP1 / SQL 2005 / CRM
>> 3.0.
>> When I follow the instructions to import my Outlook contacts through the
>> CRM web client, I see that I am missing the "Import" menu option from the
>> Tools menu. What may have missed here that has rendered this component
>> unavailable?
>>
>> My workplace contains only articles reports and announcements
>>

>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Pete Zerger MCSE(Messaging)
>> mail:pete.zerger@nospam.gmail.com
>> BLOG:http://www.it-jedi.net/

0
RJ
2/16/2006 1:32:12 PM
When creating users, typically they are not restricted, it is only the case
for the user used to actually do the install.  From a security standpoint,
this makes sense as it is most likely an admin account or a special service
account designated for use of the install.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"RJ Samp" <rjsamp@avantesolutions.com> wrote in message
Something tells me that the Default setting for a brand new user in MS CRM
should NOT be in restricted mode.....

Let's ASSume that the reason that we've shelled out good money for Servers,
Services, Software, and Shinola is that
we actually want to take advantage of the thousands of man hours of .NET 1.2
framework programming and use MS CRM's feature rich functionality.....

IF you want to put the straight jacket on users then we can do so later
on.....

IF all high performance automobiles were issued with governors limiting you
to 30 MPH/kph the uproar would be heard world wide......

MS CRM should allow us to go 150MPH if desired.....and if the admins want to
throttle you back down so be it.....

RJ Samp

"Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
> Hi Pete;
>
> Your user is likley in 'restricted mode'.  Click Settings-->Business Unit
> Settings-->Users.  Double-click your user profile and un-check the
> 'restricted access' box at the bottom of the screen.  this assigns your
> user a license, and allows you to see all the modules in the CRM.  Close
> your IE session, and re-load the CRM.
>
> Dave
>

> "Pete Zerger" <pete.zerger@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> All,
>> I have installed CRM 3.0 to a single server: Win2003 SP1 / SQL 2005 / CRM
>> 3.0.
>> When I follow the instructions to import my Outlook contacts through the
>> CRM web client, I see that I am missing the "Import" menu option from the
>> Tools menu. What may have missed here that has rendered this component
>> unavailable?
>>
>> My workplace contains only articles reports and announcements
>>

>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Pete Zerger MCSE(Messaging)
>> mail:pete.zerger@nospam.gmail.com
>> BLOG:http://www.it-jedi.net/

0
Matt

Contact Name no parsed out
I'm attempting an import of my data from GoldMine, where the export function exports the contact name as a single field, not parsed out to First / Middle / Last. It appears that DMM wants the fields separate for mapping into the Contact entity? Before I go ahead and parse the import file I wanted to check. you can add logic into the import, if I can get some time will check into this to see if you can split a string as it comes in. =================== John O'Donnell, Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist My Blog - http://blogs.msdn.com/jodonnell CRM Wiki - http://channel9.m...

WCF Client serialization problem

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Emails #3

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook