cannot delete business unit?

Hi,

I am using microsoft CRM 1.2 with demo license of Adventure works
Cycle. Is there any way to delete a "Business Unit". I go to Settings
-> Business Unit Settings -> Security Roles -> Business Management.
The delete option for "Business Unit" and "User" is disabled there.
I searched in groups and found a few discussion about deleting users
which say that it is not allowed to delete mscrm users. However I did
not find any reference about deletion of "Business Unit". The user
guide that comes with the installation shows steps to delete a
"Business Unit", so i presume it must be possible..
Also if there is no way to delete a Business Unit directly then is
there a way to do it manually.

Thanks in Advance
0
soul_kitchen
5/3/2004 12:19:26 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi James!!

Yes, you are right, you cannot delete any business unit
in CRM, you can only disable it. You can add users to
CRM, even though you have a demo license for Adv. Works
Cycle.

Create the users in Active Directory, with their login
etc. The go to your CRM server and create users with the
same name, login, etc. Then remove the licenses for the
default Adv. Works Cycle users (gail, Jose, etc) and
assign the newly created users. And then you have your
own users with your choice of names!!!

Hope this clears up a few questions!!
Regards
Jan
0
jan
5/3/2004 2:35:38 PM
Another thing that you cannot delete : teams !!! Be very careful if you use team items !

PostThreadMessage lost messages when thread is busy
Hi,all. I use the API function PostThreadMessage to put data to another thread.If the thread was not busy everything's ok.But if the thread was blocked for some reasons( for example: a modal dialog ), I can't get the posted message in thread message loop. What's wrong? Thanks for any help! Here is my ThreadProc code: UINT CMainFrame::DataThreadProc(LPVOID lpPara) { MSG msg; //force to create the thread's message queue PeekMessage(&msg, NULL, WM_USER, WM_USER, PM_NOREMOVE); BOOL bRet; while( (bRet = GetMessage( &msg, NULL, 0, 0 )) != 0) ...

How do I restore a deleted task folder
I have Outlook 2007, I am not on an exchange server. I deleted a folder of tasks and it is not showing in my deleted items folder. Thankfully my DI folder was emptied this morning and I only have a few items in it, so I know I'm not overlooking the file. I know that it's there, I can see it in the subfolders list when I click on "folder size" under the "properties for personal folder". I tried sorting the DI foldler by Icon as was suggested, but that's not working. Any suggestions?? Please help! On the left side of the screen, where all the f...

I delete an email it remains in folder with line through it
How do I move deleted email from in box to deleted subfile without keeping a copy in the inbox with strikethru in it?? I have to email accounts on the computer one is pop3 the other is ms exchange? Not good with computers Are you sure its pop3 and exchange? it sounds like you set up an IMAP account - deleted items are marked with a strikethrough until you purge the folder from the edit menu. You can also use a view that hides items marked for deletion. We can be more specific if we knew the version of Outlook you use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

Unable to update free/busy time
Hi there, This morning I installed the Exchange 2000 post-sp3 rollup on our small business server. Since then users have been getting messages from Outlook saying that it can't update free/busy time on the server. Prior to installing the rollup we did not get the errors. I had a look at the event log on the server and it is filling up with EventID: 1546 errors, the description is: Workflow event sink error [event: OnSyncSave, URL: <file://./backofficestorage/test.com.au/Public Folders/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY/EX:_xF8FF_o=DSPACE_xF8FF_ou=first administrative group/USER-_xF8...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source. I imported the data using the ODBC driver. However, the problem is that once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are lost and old data is restores from the Data source. However, I can edit data in the Microsoft query. Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL? Any links will help With Rgds, ...

CRM 4.0 Email Router Mailbox not deleting items
We are using the Email Router for Dynamics 4.0. An account and mailbox has been setup called CRM Mail. This accounts mailbox has grown to 9 Gig. Upon further inspection it looks like there are "forwards" of individuals emails in the Inbox of this account, that have been sent from our CRM Users. Do these messages need to remain in the Inbox or can we safely delete them? Are they supposed to be automatically deleted? Also, why are all these emails showing up? Thanks all! The emails in the forward mailbox should be deleted automatically after being processed by the router. ...

Business Portal - Employee Pay
This window does not auto-populated from existing employee data in Business Portal HRM:SS. The Employee Profile/Dependent/Benefits etc. windows all populate immediately but the W-4 window requires that a Modify transaction be made by the employee and approved by the supervisor before it will display data. This is contrary to all other windows and confuses the employees. It provides a first-impression that is not good for their experience with Business Portal. Mike Lupro -- Mike Lupro ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestion...

Deleting Leading Characters
I just exported a file from monarch to excel. Unfortunately, some of th columns have a leading (') in each of the cells. I tried using TRIM, bu it did not work. How can I delete the leading character (')? I have 50 rows with multiple columns : -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26923 try replacing ' with "" -- duan ----------------------------------------------...

include busy/free time from "other" (i.e. ics) calendars
Please see the following thread. Is this possible? Could it be added as a future enhancement request? https://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring&mid=d5f088c7-77a7-48c5-8a9b-a1955f90aacc&sloc=en-us ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

graphic deleting #2
I have made myself a simple macro that copy a cell and paste it 50 cells below. It work fine with text and numbers but I have tried it with graphic recently and strangly enough it is adding a other graphic the same as the first one each time it copies. I have discover that because when I tried to correct my graphic and want to erase the others there was one more graphic to erase each cell down below, very long process and I would like to know why it is doing that and if there is a command to erase all the selected cells contents all at once like the text contents. Thank you very much Show th...

email account will not show up when added: says deleted
my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" section of Outlook 2003 even though I have added it and the "test" button shows it is set up correctly. It is listed in the accounts pane of add/change email accounts but when I try to set it as the default account I get a message it is not found and probably was deleted. I have deleted and re added it several times with the same result. Any solution ? Alec McNaughton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" > section of Outl...

back spacing is deleting what was already typed.
As I type a Document and need to add a word, or phrase by back-spacing Word deletes what was already typed letter by letter on that line. How do I correct the settings? That's what Backspace does on a computer. If you just want to go backward, use the left arrow key. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "TinaMarie" <TinaMarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C593814-5824-41EA-9854-7659B2F02217@microsoft.com... > As I type a Document and need to add a word, or ph...

Deleted Public Folder
Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn't able to UNdelete the item - can anyone advise me why? - It was deleted via OL2000 and I have exchange admin rights. Thanks Jonni were you the owner of the folder/s and parent folder? "Jonni" <jonni@naespam.com> wrote in message news:e2BgN$lPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Just accidentally deleted an Ex5.5 public folder with several sub-folders. > We have a retention period of 5 days on the public store but I wasn'...

Delete PJournal job
I am performing a new installation and was just wondering if someone could shed some light as to why I would not want to turn on the "Delete PJournal job". In other words, is there any downside to this. Thank you, Craig Craig, It helps the system increase the speed of the posting process. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Craig" wrote: > I am performing a new installation and was just wondering if someone could > shed some light as to why I would not want to turn on the "Delete PJournal > job". In other words, is there any downside to this. &...

Outlook 2003-Cannot delete PST files
I started using trial version of Office Pro 2003. In Outlook, someow I ended up with 3 folders I want to delete at the left column under All Mail Folders. When I try to close them, I get "Operation failed. An object could not be found" message. Similar issue is discussed at KB292022, but it relates to Outlook 2000 and I could not find the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings\". I am not sure if I am using IMO or CW. Outlook 2003 does not indicate it at Help-About.... screen. Can anyone h...

leveling to delete days
I would like to use Leveling (or similar) to delete work days from a lower priority task when there is an overallocation. ie. The start Date and End Date are fixed but the Work changes to reolve the conflict. Is this possible? Hi, Sorry but there is no function in the Scheduling engine that will do that. Leveling will only delay work if necessary to resolve overallocations, never change work or units. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "ellebel...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Taking Ownership/Deleting Files on NTFS drive
A little background.... I work at a college and we've always redirected our user's desktop and My Documents to another drive letter on the computer (D:). When the next user logs in our login script deletes the directories and recreates them for the new user. We do this so that student's can store files under their profile when exams run. Under XP the D: drive is/was a FAT32 drive and we just used a file system object to delete the files and folders. Under Windows 7 you have to redirect directories to a location that can be indexed which a FAT 32 drive can't b...

Update Unit Price in SOP10200 Remifications?
My company has its own pricing plan that we have not been able to implement in Great Plains (version 7.5 on SQL Server). We are getting ready to write strait SQL to update the UNIT Price on the detail record SOP10200 for an order. What are the Ramifications of doing this. Ideally I would like to know what all else I need to update to do this. Our plan is to use an event of some sort on close of the window that can check and acuratly price our orders... Thanks, Allen Allen, This is not a good idea. The unit price has ramifications all over the place - customer balance, inventoy cost...

Not deleting tasks even after several years
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>This is the problem that couldn't be fixed before and so I shelved Entourage. I recently un-tombed Entourage to sync with my iPad and even after trying to delete the more than 1200 tasks, most of which were reoccuring, they came back after I restarted Entourage. I am livid. I had to delete those 1200 one by one. It took over an hour. Mind you, I tried deleting these same tasks several times before I shelved the program with the same results. <br><br>If you know a way ...

Bulk deletion not working
Hi All, I have deleted some records via CRM UI. But if i query into DB, the records still stay there for almost 1 week already (with deletion statecode = 2). As my understanding, once the job is deleted, there will be a bulk deletion service that will remove this data from DB forever. Any other way to trigger this deletion service? Thx Carrie Hi, To my understanding the deletion should be executed every 24 hours by the Asynchronous Service. Did you check if this service is started? There is another way to trigger the deletion than just to wait 24 hours. You can find it here explaine...

Exchange 5.5 LAST SERVER DELETE
We are trying to move from a mixed environment with a single 5.5 and 2003 exchange server. When we follow the MS article to remove LAST EXCHANGE 5.5 server it fails telling us that "the object was not found in the directory. This may be because replication not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: c1010aae". Anyone seen this? Is this a sign of problems in the exchange 5.5 mailboxes or public folders? We have moved [or think we have] all of the mailboxes and public folders to the Exchange 2003 server sucsessfully. We need to do this ASAP. Thanks! -- John Peter...

recover deleted mailbox Exchange 5.5
Hi, as a matter of fact I deleted all the mailboxes of my Exchange 5.5 by deleting the Users that werde synchronized over the ADC in the Activ Directory User Manager. Is there a way tho recover the mailboxes in Exchange 5.5??? Please help! Regards Gerhard "Gerhard Sattler" <xgsrss@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there a way tho recover the mailboxes in Exchange 5.5??? If you have a backup... -- Juergen Nieveler If you have a backup, yes. Here is the document you need. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/55/backuprestore.asp -- Martin Blackstone ...

Business Contact
I have a long list of business contacts sorted by Accounts. Unfortunately, I clicked the Accounts column while in the Business Contacts view, and all those accounts disappeared from the column. The title of the column shows, but nothing is populated or organized based on account. Now, all my contacts are ungrouped (over 3,000). If you click on an individual contact, the person still retains its Linked Account designation, but those accounts are no longer linked and organized via that filter. Can anyone help with bringing back that category to my Business Contacts view? I hope this...