Cannot Delete Any Records

We're running CRM 3 Rollup v3 and we have recently found that we cannot
delete any records in CRM. We recently migrated over to a Windows 2003
Enterprise install running SQL 2000 Enterprise. Everything else is working
without issue for us. For example I am a Sys Admin, and I receive a generic
SQL Server error when going to delete an activity? I know that in the past
this was possible, any thoughts?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sean; sounds like something went wrong with your migration. you can run a
CRM trace or a SQL Profiler trace while performing the deletion to see if
you can pin-point the error.

Dave Ireland

"Sean Donnelly" <SeanDonnelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We're running CRM 3 Rollup v3 and we have recently found that we cannot
> delete any records in CRM. We recently migrated over to a Windows 2003
> Enterprise install running SQL 2000 Enterprise. Everything else is working
> without issue for us. For example I am a Sys Admin, and I receive a
> generic
> SQL Server error when going to delete an activity? I know that in the past
> this was possible, any thoughts?

0
direland (470)
9/17/2008 1:05:30 PM
I have similar problem that has appeared after udgrading from 1.2 to 3.0 . If
you resolve your issue-please let me know. I will try to find my solution and
post it.
Timur.
Thanks.

"Sean Donnelly" wrote:

> We're running CRM 3 Rollup v3 and we have recently found that we cannot
> delete any records in CRM. We recently migrated over to a Windows 2003
> Enterprise install running SQL 2000 Enterprise. Everything else is working
> without issue for us. For example I am a Sys Admin, and I receive a generic
> SQL Server error when going to delete an activity? I know that in the past
> this was possible, any thoughts?
0
Timur (1)

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

OleObject-Preventing deletion
Hello, Is there a way that could prevent the user manually deleting an OleObject (ActiveX) from the ActiveSheet? Thanks Avi hi, ! > Is there a way that could prevent the user manually deleting an OleObject (ActiveX) from the ActiveSheet? AFAIK embedded ActiveX objects requires excel/vba in "design mode" for the user could "manually" select & delete'em so, beside protecting that worksheet, you need some vba like the following: put this in ThisWorkbook code-module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Design_Mode False End Sub Private Sub Workboo...

Macro that deletes values with condition
Hi, I need a macro that deletes duplicates of numbers that appear an odd number of times and that deletes duplicates and the value duplicated an even number of times. Example: Original data A 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 4 Result: A 1 2 4 Values 1 and 2 must remain and only delete duplicates because they appear an odd number of times (3), 3 must be deleted because it appears an even number of times (2) and 4 appears because it has no duplicates. Hope this can be done! Thank you so much Hi Insert a heading in row 1 and try this macro: Sub aaa() Dim f As ...

deleted folders
My dad had deleted a main identity folder and then erased then deleted box. Is there any way to recover the deleted folder ...

Deleting a team or changing a teamname.
I have a question. Why is it not possible to delete a team? I want to know this, cause i made a mistake. The names I used for teams need to be used voor Business Units. And it is not possible to have a Business Unit name that has the same name as a team. How can i correct this? Thnx in advance. S.Oumoulid ...

Purge deleted items from shared mailbox
How can I purge the folder "deleted items" from a shared mailbox? The RM menu item is greyed out. Environment: Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003. What permission do you have on the deleted folder? can you delete them if you open the folder and select all, Del? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Deleted Entourage calendar events not deleting in iCal
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: imap Hi, <br><br>Here's yet another sync oddity regarding Entourage and iCal/Mobileme. When I delete a calendar item in my Entourage calendar, it is not getting deleted in iCal and MobileMe and, hence, my iPhone. Even when I sync the iPhone manually via iTunes, the deleted item remains. Any thoughts on how to correct this would be appreciated. <br><br>Thank you. ...

How do you delete a user?
Forgive my ignorance here, but how the heck do you remove a user? ive used up all my licenses and need to replace a terminated employee with a new employee, but cant figure out how to do anything but disable a user, which doesnt free their license.. thanks in advance, tony ...

Deleting Messages from the Inbox
Hopefully a simple question. I just started using Outlook 2003. When I delete a message from my Inbox, it strikes a line through it. However, it does not get removed from the Inbox and placed into the Deleted Items folder. When I choose "Purge Deleted Items", they all get deleted (even the messages that I somehow put in the Deleted Items folder). Question: How do I delete items from the Inbox completely and have the go into the Deleted Items folder without completely purging them? Thanks. Matt Matt CCC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hopefully a simpl...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them
Hi, i have a list that looks like this 22 43 22 41 ... I need the list to be together 22 43 22 41 ... However i can't use a macro or something to delete the entire ro because other worksheets are related to the cells, so when i delte th row, the #ref thing apears, somebody know a formula or something tha can help me? Thanks a lo -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 You could fi...

Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes
Hi, I have setup Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes as I have a number of meeting rooms that all users should be able to book. I have since found that if user a) books a meeting and user b) attempts to delete it - he/she can. I don't seem to be able to prevent them, and would appreciate some help. Regards Nick ...

Cannot Delete Attribute Maps through API
So it doesn't appear that there is any supported way to manage attribute maps through the CRM API. How can we maintain and distribute CRM customizations to other environments without this capability? Is it just me or is this a serious oversight on Microsofts part. Hi John, Do you mean the attribute mappings between two entities? In that case you should be able to manage them through the CRM API. Just go to Settings -> Customization -> Customize entities -> Open one of the involved entities -> click 1:N or N:1 relationships on the left hand side -> Open a relationsh...

Delete Browsing History?
(Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) Even after I use the "clear browsing history" button under tools > options > general > delete browsing history, the following happens: If I start to type a search term into the upper right window, for example if I start to type "autos" as soon as I type the a a list of previously used search terms that started with the letter "a" appears. Same with other letters of the alphabet. How can I remove that portion of my browsing history that appears wheneve...

More than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window
Does anybody know, how to get more than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window? For example in Opportunities - I want to add an existing contact to the opportunity, but I can see only 100 records. I dont want to specify any character, I need to choose from all contacts. (It is not the same problem as paging, PagingLimit in SQL can not help) -- thanks Ivana ...

Auto Filling Fields in Current Record from Previous Record
Hello, I have looked through posts related to Auto-Filling a field from a previous record but am still a little unsure of how to do things. What I would like to do is auto fill a field in the current record with one from a different field in a previous record. What I have is a form that records "engine hours" and "tonnes moved" for a piece of equipment. The operator will record the staring hours and tonnes (at the start of a day) and the hours and tonnes at the end of the day. So in the database, I would like the "Starting Hours" and "Starting Tonnes"...

Records with condition
Hi, I have a form "frmbirthsearch" with 2 unbounded objects for birth dates: txtStartDate and txtEndDate with cmdOK command button. How do I write the event procedure (on click) so as when this OK button is clicked the query qryaddress is opened with only the records that are between the 2 mentioned dates? Hello Khalil. Khalil Handal wrote: > Hi, > I have a form "frmbirthsearch" with 2 unbounded objects for birth > dates: txtStartDate and txtEndDate with cmdOK command button. > How do I write the event procedure (on click) so as when this OK > button ...

Error when no records meet criteria
Hi, I have the following code and receive error 1004 Application defined or object defined error on this line Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=AND(RIGHT(D2)<>""r"",B2=4)" Selection.FormatConditions(3).Interior.ColorIndex = 7 because there are no records in this instance of the report for "4" in ColB. I've searched and applied code all to no avail. Can someone please tell me how to write code for when this may occur in any of the situations below? Range("b2:b800").Select ...

how do I set up a form for record keeping?
need to set up a form that I can record personal information regarding funeral arrangements and biographical information. Unlikely to get too much help as it is almost impossible to know what information you want to keep. Standard name and address templates may be enough with added data for dates, amounts, etc. If you are likely to need huge amounts of data in single fields (cells), you may be better using Access -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "funeral home office assistant" <funeral home office assi...

copy record between tables
Hi, I have two tables with same structure. I need to copy a record from oneto other using vba codes. I'd like avoid to copy field to field.Thank you. Without knowing anything about your table structures, something similar to the following:Dim strSQL As StringstrSQL = "INSERT INTO tblCopy SELECT tblOriginal.* " _ & "FROM tblOriginal WHERE tblOriginal.KeyValue = 4"CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strSQL"Alberto" <saveas[at]iol.it> wrote in message news:uk2oUMBYHHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...> Hi,> I have two tables with same structure....

Record Macro Relative does not work?
Can someone help me with this macro. I want to go to any cell of my choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that cell, then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size (8), then "enter". I tried to make this macro using the record macro function, but it did not work how I want it to. It ends up pasting the contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially. Can this kind of macro be done? To get a relative recorded macro, make sure the stopr recording toolbar is visible, it has 2 icons, one is to s...

What can an Account record be converted from?
The Account record has a 'Originating Lead' field but I cannot see how to convert from the Lead record? If you have a Lead record opened, there's a "Convert Lead..." button on the grid, and there's also a "Convert Lead..." option in the Actions menu. "Agile CRM" wrote: > > The Account record has a 'Originating Lead' field but I cannot see how to > convert from the Lead record? Sorry I didn't explain myself properly. See new question 'How to map Lead fields to Account fields. "Chad Fulda" wrote: > I...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

cannot delete recovery storage group
I get the following error when I try to delete a database in the recovery storage group. One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f Exchange System Manager Why would I get this message? All the mailboxes in this database are in the disconnected state and they are not the real mailboxes that the users are using. thanks for the help Kevin hmmm...that's weird...have you done a search in AD for any user who might have the store in the RSG listed as their ...

Outlook 2002
Tasks from the calender continue to pop up even though they have already been completed in Outlook - Any suggestions on how to fix this? Pop-up as in the reminders still appear? Try this: Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter Outlook.exe /CleanReminders (note the space between ".exe" and "/CleanReminders") Select OK. Any better? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Steve" <steve@emilanderson.com> wrote in message news:0...

Highlight a selected record
I am trying to highlight a selected record of a continuous form. Conditional Formatting is not working because it highlights individual fields. If Conditional Formatting would highlight the entire row, it would be perfect. I created a txtBackground text box to size of all my fields, sent it the backā€”behind the fields. Use the txtBackground as the control, but when it has focus it covers the data. Below is the code I used: Sub HighlightControl(ctl As Control) On Error Resume Next ctl.BackColor = 65535 End Sub Sub UnhighlightControl(ctl As...