cannot create appointment after upgrading from 3.0 to 4.0

We just upgrade to 4.0.  I did lot of test and today I told my employe to
start using it.

During my test I miss somthing.  Now everytime time we try to create an
appointment, we receive this error message :

Error
An error has occurred

Try this action.  If the problem continues, check the microsoft dynamics crm
community for solutions or contact your organization's microsoft dynamics CRM
Administrator.  Finally, you can contact microsoft support.

I remember in our CRM 3.0, we did 1 and only 1 customization.  It was to
change the default duration of an appointement or a task.  I am not sure
actually.

We dont need those customization anymore.

Now I am looking for a way to have the appointment workin and if it more
easy I dont mind to loose all of my customization to form appointment.

Also, maybe it not related to customization at all

Thank in advance

0
David4882 (672)
7/2/2008 7:25:11 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

start with some basic things like :

in web config make the dev error enabled and then reproduce the
error .
when you create apppintment try to choose different entitties in
"required " lookup field .

Plus pick the upgrade logfile and see any warning related to the
appointments .

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
7/2/2008 8:47:26 PM
Sorry  Aamir, this is a bit to advanced for my CRM sqill

How do I make the dev error enable?

You wrote : when you create apppintment try to choose different entitties
in"required " lookup field .  Actually, the error appear as soon I click on
new appointment!

Where is the upgrade logfile?

Thank for comming back with a bit more detail

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> start with some basic things like :
>
> in web config make the dev error enabled and then reproduce the
> error .
> when you create apppintment try to choose different entitties in
> "required " lookup field .
>
> Plus pick the upgrade logfile and see any warning related to the
> appointments .
>

> /Aamir

0
David4882 (672)
7/2/2008 9:38:03 PM
1 =) Here is the logfile location (most probably )

C:\Documents and Settings\<current user> \Application Data\Microsoft
\MSCRM\Logs

2 =) it should be somewhere here (if you dont find then search for web
config on the drive where u have crm installation)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb
and then open the " webconfig" on notepad or so

find this key and make it "On".

<add key="DevErrors" value="On"/>

/Aamir

0
whatelseto (435)
7/2/2008 9:50:58 PM
Here is the requested info :

Error Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error
and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Full Stack:
[FormatException: Metadata provided to duration control must have a format
property of duration, found ]
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Sdk.FormControls.Web.DurationControl.set_Metadata(AttributeMetadata value)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Application.ControlActivator.CreateControl(ControlDescriptor
controlDescriptor, String clientId)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CrudForm.BuildFormModel(FormDescriptor
formDescriptor)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity
entity, String formType)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Activities.BasicActivityPage.ConfigureForm()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Activities.SchedulableActivityBasePage.ConfigureForm()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Activities.AppointmentDetailPage.ConfigureForm()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP.cinfo_activities_appointment_edit_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
context)
   at
System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

I understand a bit of this only, in the few first line the mention my doubt
about the duration, but I will definitively need help on how to resolve this

Let me know if you understand this and thank in advance

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> 1 =) Here is the logfile location (most probably )
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<current user> \Application Data\Microsoft
> \MSCRM\Logs
>
> 2 =) it should be somewhere here (if you dont find then search for web
> config on the drive where u have crm installation)
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb
> and then open the " webconfig" on notepad or so
>
> find this key and make it "On".
>
> <add key="DevErrors" value="On"/>
>
> /Aamir

0
David4882 (672)
7/3/2008 1:04:00 AM
it is mentioned in your logfile

----------------------------------------------------------duratuion
control must have format.I have doubt how come you have changed the
format as it is only readable . Might be you have deleted it  (if you
could) .

if we check the appointment entity in customization :

check the attribute where format was suppose to be Duration.I see
there are two attributes in appointment.

Actual Duration
Duration (scheduleddurationminutes )

Compare the appointment entity with the appointment entity from a
fresh CRM 4.0 installation without customization.
OR /AND
you can choose to repair your system.
OR /AND
if you have a test system with CRM installation , export the
Appointment entity and import it in production but remember to take
the backup of your production system .

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
7/3/2008 9:39:28 AM
I did the comparaison beetween clean and upgraded version and there few more
thing in the upgraded version.

I first exported the appointment customization from clean system to a file.
Then I exported the appointment customization from bugged system to a file.
I import the bugged customization in the clean system to try to reproduce
the bug.  After the import I create appointement and it work.  So importing
bad customization in the clean system dont affect it.

I did the reverse and importing clean appointement doest solve the issue in
the bugged system

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> it is mentioned in your logfile
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------duratuion
> control must have format.I have doubt how come you have changed the
> format as it is only readable . Might be you have deleted it  (if you
> could) .
>
> if we check the appointment entity in customization :
>
> check the attribute where format was suppose to be Duration.I see
> there are two attributes in appointment.
>
> Actual Duration
> Duration (scheduleddurationminutes )

> Compare the appointment entity with the appointment entity from a
> fresh CRM 4.0 installation without customization.
> OR /AND
> you can choose to repair your system.
> OR /AND
> if you have a test system with CRM installation , export the
> Appointment entity and import it in production but remember to take
> the backup of your production system .
>

> /Aamir

0
David4882 (672)
7/3/2008 2:26:00 PM
2 other thing, can you tell me how to do the repair

Also, here my idea, I want to know what you think about it.

I want to take a backup of the DB, restore it over another server, install
CRM and the use the migration tool.  If the problem is solved, I will then
uninstall all on my production server, restore DB and reinstall CRM.  If it
fail, will have a system in a test lab where we can do whathever we want.

Let me know.  Or maybe you have a direct solution or the other post showing
the error dev log.

Thank

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> it is mentioned in your logfile
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------duratuion
> control must have format.I have doubt how come you have changed the
> format as it is only readable . Might be you have deleted it  (if you
> could) .
>
> if we check the appointment entity in customization :
>
> check the attribute where format was suppose to be Duration.I see
> there are two attributes in appointment.
>
> Actual Duration
> Duration (scheduleddurationminutes )

> Compare the appointment entity with the appointment entity from a
> fresh CRM 4.0 installation without customization.
> OR /AND
> you can choose to repair your system.
> OR /AND
> if you have a test system with CRM installation , export the
> Appointment entity and import it in production but remember to take
> the backup of your production system .
>

> /Aamir

0
David4882 (672)
7/3/2008 3:45:01 PM
1 = The simple thing is to take the backup of your  existing CRM
databases (organizationName_MSCRM and MSCRM config) databases.

First remove all logfile from this location
C:\Documents and Settings\<current user> \Application Data\Microsoft
\MSCRM\Logs

when you are done then double click the CRM server installation exe .
it will ask you  "repair " or "uninstall". Choose the repair .

when you click Next and finally it comes to the final screen before
setup repair your system. In that screen which is called "environment
diagnostic wizard" , notice error and warnings .

Now do not click next ..

read the logfile and see any possibe error or warning.
repair doesnt do any harm , if it is not able to repair it fails but u
still can use the system.

2 = you need to ask your SQL skilled guy (although it doesnt require
skills) or yourself  copy the crm both databases and then past it on
target server and then attach them to the traget Test server.  If your
test server is having same having same domain controller as your
production then you dont need to create security grorups in Active
driectory. Otherwise you need to have security groups before you
install the crm while pointing to the databases. Please CRM
implementation guide if you have doubt what do i mean by security
groups . Or search for some posts where people migration from one
domain to another with demployment manager or so.

/Aamir

0
whatelseto (435)
7/3/2008 6:19:53 PM
The repair have found nothing and havent solve the problem

I move the DB to another virtual server than I run de migration manager and
the new CRM installation have the same issue.

At this point I think we can say that it something wrong in the DB.

Do you have any ideo left?

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> 1 = The simple thing is to take the backup of your  existing CRM
> databases (organizationName_MSCRM and MSCRM config) databases.
>
> First remove all logfile from this location
> C:\Documents and Settings\<current user> \Application Data\Microsoft
> \MSCRM\Logs
>
> when you are done then double click the CRM server installation exe .
> it will ask you  "repair " or "uninstall". Choose the repair .
>
> when you click Next and finally it comes to the final screen before
> setup repair your system. In that screen which is called "environment
> diagnostic wizard" , notice error and warnings .
>
> Now do not click next ..
>
> read the logfile and see any possibe error or warning.
> repair doesnt do any harm , if it is not able to repair it fails but u
> still can use the system.
>
> 2 = you need to ask your SQL skilled guy (although it doesnt require
> skills) or yourself  copy the crm both databases and then past it on
> target server and then attach them to the traget Test server.  If your
> test server is having same having same domain controller as your
> production then you dont need to create security grorups in Active
> driectory. Otherwise you need to have security groups before you
> install the crm while pointing to the databases. Please CRM
> implementation guide if you have doubt what do i mean by security
> groups . Or search for some posts where people migration from one
> domain to another with demployment manager or so.
>
> /Aamir

0
David4882 (672)
7/4/2008 12:09:02 AM
when you run the repair , have you seen any warning in logfile ?Can
you post your logfile ?

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
7/4/2008 6:35:32 AM
The log is to long, cannot fit here max 30000 char

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> when you run the repair , have you seen any warning in logfile ?Can
> you post your logfile ?
>
> /Aamir

0
David4882 (672)
7/4/2008 12:38:01 PM
send me via email and let me see if i can do anything

rodovreRemove5atrateHotmail.com

Remove the Remove :P

/Aamir

0
whatelseto (435)

How do I create a sample in Excel?

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

conversion #3
I am trying to upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. When I attempt to export the data in my email files (inbox, sent,etc.)I do not have the "received" information exported - when mapping the fields I am unable to map several of the email fields; therefore, they are not exported. I have been unable to find the normal email fields to use in my mapping. How do I map normal email fields in an export operation? If I do not export this information my new computer has no idea when I received my old emails/ In the old days, the easiest way to keep all da...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

BackUp #3
how i can take backup of all my company emailboxes and addresses? ...

product key #4
I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to register office on my mac (office was pre-installed). Where do I enter in this product key in the mac office trial software in order for me to get full access? In article <1190872643.026720.79220@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, jaime825@gmail.com wrote: > I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc > several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to > register office on my mac (office was pre...

Congratulations! This has been a MEB-free newsgroup for 4 weeks.
We all deserve a pat on the back. This has been a MEB-free workplace for over 4 weeks - practically the entire month of June. As Microsoft turns off it's usenet server and removes this newsgroup from it's server, we have seen the last of Maurice Edward Brahier and as this group continues to exist outside of Microsoft we will never again see him post to this group. The fact that he has been a fraud and not a real user of Windows 98 for many months if not years probably has something to do with that. His incoherent and rambling posts, written in a particularly obtuse form ...

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

date function #3

Custom reports #3

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...

Status Bar #4
Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the Excel Status Bar which allows you to select a range of cells and view the Sum, Average etc of those cells? Thanks. It's the AutoCalculate feature: AutoCalculate feature is working even if that feature is turned off http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=325703 XL7: CTRL+Click Selected Cell Changes AutoCalculate Value http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=133050 Alex wrote: > Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the > Excel St...

OLE Notes #4
Windows Server 2000 SP4 MS SQL Server 2000 SP4 MS Dynamics 9.0 SP3 When a note is entered on a vendor card (Cards, Purchasing, Vendor, Note icon) a dialog box titled OLE Pathname appears. The purpose is a shared notes location. If the user clicks ok or cancel without entering a path, where is the note stored? I have two vendors that have the exact same note, entered at the exact same time, by the same user. In theory this should not be possible. The OLE path is not specified in the dex.ini file. -- Thanks Titan Did you not find the note in SY03900 table on the company? The vendor c...