Cannot create a new Organization

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new Organization, but get an error that the
Organization wasn't created. When I then look at the logfile, I get the
error message shown below. It's the last part of the log file. It seems like
it's the first couple of lines that is the actual errormessage. I have tried
to google for these messages, but haven't really found anything useful.
We already have several organizations setup so it has worked at some time.
The "only" difference since last time I set up a new Organization, is that I
have applied RollUp4.

I haven't had a change to re-boot the server yet, but that would be one of
my next steps.

11:28:02|  Error| Create new Organization (Name=WDHHA,
Id=951006a2-a04a-de11-9f74-001d091f627d) failed with Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by
the target of an invocation. --->
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072035): The
server is unwilling to process the request. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x80072035)
   at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Invoke(String methodName,
Object[] args)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.AddPrincipalToGroup(SecurityIdentifier
sid, DirectoryEntry groupEntry)
   at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.AddPrincipalToGroup(Guid
principalId, SecurityIdentifier sid, Guid groupId)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.AddPrincipalToGroup(Guid
principalId, SecurityIdentifier sid, Guid groupId)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.SystemUserServiceInternal`1.ManageGroupsHelper(Guid
activeDirectoryGuid, SecurityIdentifier identifier, Boolean remove,
ExecutionContext context)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.SystemUserServiceInternal`1.AddPrincipalToGroups(Guid
activeDirectoryGuid, SecurityIdentifier identifier, ExecutionContext
context)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.SystemUserServiceInternal`1.CreateInternal(Guid
organizationId, IBusinessEntity systemuser, ExecutionContext context)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.SystemUserServiceInternal`1.ProvisionCreate(IBusinessEntity
systemuser, ExecutionContext context)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.OrganizationServiceInternal`1.CreateRootBusiness(IBusinessEntity
organization, IBusinessEntity business, IBusinessEntity systemUser,
ExecutionContext context)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.NewOrgUtility.OrganizationCreateNew(String
organizationId, String organizationName, String userAccountName, String
userFirstName, String userLastName, String userEmail, String featureSetFile,
String languageCode, String privilegedUserGroup, String sqlAccessGroup,
String userGroup, String reportingGroup, String privilegedReportingGroup,
Boolean grantNetworkServiceAccess)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.NewOrgUtility.ConfigureOrganization(String
organizationId, String organizationName, String userAccountName, String
userFirstName, String userLastName, String userEmail, String languageCode,
String privilegedUserGroup, String sqlAccessGroup, String userGroup, String
reportingGroup, String privilegedReportingGroup, Boolean
grantNetworkServiceAccess, Boolean autoGroupManagement, String
importFileLocation, Boolean sqmOption)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.CreateOrganizationInstaller.Create(Guid
organizationId, String organizationUniqueName, String
organizationFriendlyName, String baseCurrencyCode, String baseCurrencyName,
String baseCurrencySymbol, String initialUserDomainName, String
initialUserFirstName, String initialUserLastName, String sqlServerName, Uri
reportServerUrl, String privilegedUserGroupName, String sqlAccessGroupName,
String userGroupName, String reportingGroupName, String
privilegedReportingGroupName, String applicationPath, String languageId,
Boolean sqmOption, String organizationCollation, MultipleTenancy
multipleTenancy)
11:28:02|Warning| Attempting to cancel a long running process:
ProgressWizard. This might leave the data in an invalid state and the
application might not function correctly.

--
Regards
Steen Schl�ter Persson (DK)

0
steen1 (38)
5/27/2009 9:34:54 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Steen,

I'm having the same issue on an installation here. Found the workaround to
uninstall Update Rollup 4, create the organisation and re-install the Rollup.
This, of course, is not really amusing, but it worked for me.

Did you find a better solution to this?

Regards,
Ludger

"Steen Schlüter Persson" wrote:

> [...]
> importFileLocation, Boolean sqmOption)
>    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.CreateOrganizationInstaller.Create(Guid
> organizationId, String organizationUniqueName, String
> organizationFriendlyName, String baseCurrencyCode, String baseCurrencyName,
> String baseCurrencySymbol, String initialUserDomainName, String
> initialUserFirstName, String initialUserLastName, String sqlServerName, Uri
> reportServerUrl, String privilegedUserGroupName, String sqlAccessGroupName,
> String userGroupName, String reportingGroupName, String
> privilegedReportingGroupName, String applicationPath, String languageId,
> Boolean sqmOption, String organizationCollation, MultipleTenancy
> multipleTenancy)
> 11:28:02|Warning| Attempting to cancel a long running process:
> ProgressWizard. This might leave the data in an invalid state and the
> application might not function correctly.

0
Ludger (7)
7/1/2009 3:45:01 PM
Hi,

I had MS Support work on the issue, and we found that it's caused by the
user creating the Organizqtion and the server not being in the same domain.
Eventhough we have a full two-way trust between our different domains, it
didn't worked. Apparently it's stated in the documentation somewhere that it
has to be in the same domain.
The "funny" thing is that it has worked for use before with the user and
server being in different domains so I'm almost certain that it's something
that has been implemented with RollUp 4 (...which you also seems to have
found out.)

Other than having the user and the server in the same domain, you can go to
the registry on the server, and change the Auto Group Management setting to
1 ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\AutoGroupManagementOff).
This setting will make CRM skip the part that adds users/servers to the AD
groups. If you do a setup where these accounts doesn't already exists in
these groups, you'll have to add them manually afterwards. In our case, it
was a new Organization on a deployment that already had organizations so I
didn't had to add anything.
I don't really know the reason for this limitation and it's an annoying one,
but as you see there are fairly simple workarounds for it..:-)

--
Regards
Steen Schl�ter Persson (DK)

"Ludger" <Ludger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> organizationId, String organizationUniqueName, String
>> organizationFriendlyName, String baseCurrencyCode, String
>> baseCurrencyName,
>> String baseCurrencySymbol, String initialUserDomainName, String
>> initialUserFirstName, String initialUserLastName, String sqlServerName,
>> Uri
>> reportServerUrl, String privilegedUserGroupName, String
>> sqlAccessGroupName,
>> String userGroupName, String reportingGroupName, String
>> privilegedReportingGroupName, String applicationPath, String languageId,
>> Boolean sqmOption, String organizationCollation, MultipleTenancy
>> multipleTenancy)
>> 11:28:02|Warning| Attempting to cancel a long running process:
>> ProgressWizard. This might leave the data in an invalid state and the
>> application might not function correctly.

0
steen1 (38)
7/20/2009 1:06:07 PM
hrhrr, sometimes...
thanks, Steen, for providing this really helpful information.
Yes, that suits my problem pretty much.
There are enough workarounds for this, but no one will ever give me back the
time and nerves I spent on that one ;-)

> [...]

> >> organizationId, String organizationUniqueName, String
> >> organizationFriendlyName, String baseCurrencyCode, String
> >> baseCurrencyName,
> >> String baseCurrencySymbol, String initialUserDomainName, String
> >> initialUserFirstName, String initialUserLastName, String sqlServerName,
> >> Uri
> >> reportServerUrl, String privilegedUserGroupName, String
> >> sqlAccessGroupName,
> >> String userGroupName, String reportingGroupName, String
> >> privilegedReportingGroupName, String applicationPath, String languageId,
> >> Boolean sqmOption, String organizationCollation, MultipleTenancy
> >> multipleTenancy)
> >> 11:28:02|Warning| Attempting to cancel a long running process:
> >> ProgressWizard. This might leave the data in an invalid state and the
> >> application might not function correctly.

0
Ludger (7)

Create a rule that can be run by the server
Dear All I need to create a server rule that can replay to answer for a message automaticall on behalf of the user So any idea regarding this Thanks in advance for your help Ahmad On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:59:10 -0800, "ahmad" <ahmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear All >I need to create a server rule that can replay to answer for a message >automaticall on behalf of the user >So any idea regarding this >Thanks in advance for your help >Ahmad A rule will try to be a server side rule unless it decides it needs help from the client. Can't really h...

Can I create sub-functions in a cross-functional flowchart?
Trying to create a template for my organization to map processes to. Goal is to map the organization to the 'function bars' in Visio's cross-function flowcharts. However, I would like to create some 'sub-functions' for lower organizational elements (i.e. divisions under a department). Is this possible?? ...

ANN: New XML Differencing, Updated XML Mapping in Stylus Studio 5.3
A new update for the Stylus Studio XML IDE adds a new XML Differencing Tool, updated visual XML mapping tools and many other features. Download a free trial of Stylus Studio 5.3 at: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_download.html Highlights of new XML Differencing Tool: * Differencing of XML files and folders using a customizable color-coded XML tree view * Support for one-to-one and many-to-one XML file * Step through XML differences node-by-node * View differences using "split-screen" and "merged changes" views * Expand all changes, or collapse identical XML blocks to sim...

Prices and cost Set to zero when exporting a new store
When I export a new store with 1.2.085v from headquarters all the cost and price information is set to zero. I have seen that there is a fix for 1.3v but i cannot seem to find any other fix for our version. Any suggestions? Thanks Joe Just run worksheets to update the cost and price. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Joe Gonzalez wrote: > When I export a new store with ...

create a mass of mailboxes
hi and thanks in advance for your help, I've an exchange 2003 and I have to create a great number (3000) of account and mailboxes. I want to use a script to create them starting from a xls or csv file. There are same script that create the account in a progressive way but I can't use them. Is there something different to use? lucadb Try this link and refer to the section "Active Directory tools and application programming interfaces" http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/e2k3InterOpMig/39d728f1-62e1-44aa-93c8-930fed46f4e1.mspx "lucadb"...

Combining cells to create a formula
Hi, I have two cells that I want to combine to have a working formula B1 = sum B2 = d3 b3 = =b1&"("&b2&")" D3 = 10 The result in b3 is : sum(d3) How do I get this to result in the actual value in D3. I know I can simply write =D3, but the actual reason for combining the two cells is more complicated than explained here. Thanks Hi I think you are perhaps looking for the Indirect function =INDIRECT("D"&ROW(3:3)) would return the value contained in D3 As you copy down, the formula would alter to 4, 5 etc. represent D4, D5 etc. -- Regards R...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

How to create a CustomerID field for custom entities
Hi, The customerid field is used in opportunity and case and it allows you to select an account or contact, Great. I want to create this field in a form for a new entity i have made, but i cant work out how. Please help. Hi Michael, Customer is special composite type which is not available for custom entities in CRM 3. You will need to add two separete lookup fields for account and contact. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan &...

Creating a "Do_Not_Reply" e-mail address
I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com address that any user that I give permission to on the domain can send as by putting the above address in the "From:" field of their Outlook client and the external recipient will receive this and only see that it came from the do-not-reply address and not the send on behalf of user. Also what would be the best way to block or not receive the e-mails even if an external user does reply to it? On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700, "D-a-n_L" <dlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com addr...

Creating a template using Publisher

moving outlook to a new computer
A sudden and unexpected component fault(graphics chip) on the motherboard of my laptop necessitated the purchase of a new laptop. I had not backed up any data from the old machine, but have now restored all my documents and files via an external hard drive adaptor. Unfortunately I'm struggling to transfer my Outlook data to the new laptop from the old drive. I have followed the Import/Export wizard in Outlook to import the .pst file after saving it from the old hard drive, but just get the following message "This Personal Folder file (.pst) is already in use in the curre...

Move/Copy A Row Based on Formulas to a New Worksheet
I want to move several rows of sub-totals (averages within sub-groups) to a summary worksheet, but I get the Ref error. How can I copy sub-group averages to another worksheet? Thank you. high light and copy. select where you want it. edit>paste special>values. this will turn you formulas into hard numbers. you are getting the #Ref error because on the other sheet where you pasted the formulas, the formula no longer had the same references that they had on the other sheet. for example: =sum(a1:a10) in cell a11 you copy and paste on another sheet at cell a1. excell tries to compensat...

5 steps to create a publication,the workplan
I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. homework? 1- turn on computer 2- open Publisher 3- File | New 4- File | Page Setup 5- Design your thing 6- File | Save your thing oops thats 6 "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B4E2A10-BCB0-473D-B52A-EFCBB658D856@microsoft.com... |I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. Thinking? This newsgroup is dedicated to solving problems with MS Office Publisher. Not doing your class assignment. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.micros...

Insert new row as cell contents change
Insert new row as cell contents change. After importing data I have a spread sheet with a column that contains a series of alpha numeric characters. At various random intervals in this column the contents change. EG rows 1 to 4 could contain ABC, then rows 5 to 15 could become 222. I am looking for a method to insert a blank row automatically between the rows were the contents change. Many Thanks Geo George If you are familiar with VBA the code below will do what you want. Preselect the column of data first Sub InsertRowAfterValueChange() Dim myCell As Range Dim sCurrVal As String ...

Creating PDF files in MFC
Hi, I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do it? Thanks in advance. Check out the following http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ "Shahoo" wrote: > Hi, > I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do > it? > Thanks in advance. > > Here's another to try out: "Shahoo" <shahookamangar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175272390.190193.274530@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do > it? > Thanks in advanc...

Creating a worksheet in Spanish
Hello, Is there a way to create a worksheet on MS XP Pro running Office 2003 Pro all in Spanish? Thank You Kent Hansen Hi Kent All valid formulas -except the ones from the Analysis Toolpack- will automatically translate to the language of the Excel it's opened in. So any spanish speaking Excel will translate formulas to spanish, no matter which version it was written in. The rest, text constants and such, has to be typed or pasted. Excel will not translate this herself. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:ACCCBA3A-53B4...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

Pivot table and organizing data
This one is really making me scratch my head. Here is the story. I have a list of information which I am pulling in via a query from SQL. Data is good and it correctly comes into Excel (03 or 07). I have five columns with data: Date, Time, AccountID , Status. First two are self-explanatory; third is a 3-letter ID, forth is a status (pass/fail). Ok, now that you have an idea, here is what I need: 1. List the account IDs as a column 2. List the dates as rows 3. Place the alert into the location that corresponds to the appropriate data and account I know this 'sounds' like a strai...

Prevent going to New Record
In a form that the user can goto Next or Previous record, how do I prevent them from going to a New record? -- Peter Marshall Manager Information Services Ohio Coatings Company Peter, Set the form's Allow Additions to No -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "Peter Marshall" <peter.marshall@ohiocoatingscompany.com> wrote in message news:usLa4L2yKHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.g...

User accout shows new email
On start up a message shows in my user account that I have new email messages but am using Outlook 2003 and all incoming emails have been deleted. How do I clear the message ...

Creating a new OST file when Exhange is in recovery mode
After a member of staff left we created a new user account on the pc and changed Outlook to use it. When connecting to the server we now get a message that Exchange is in recovery mode and asking if we want to connect or work offline. As I have already imported the emails into the new account we no longer need the old cache held in the current OST file. How do we create a new OST file? I did find instructions on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but the advice said to 'Disable Offline Use' however this option was greyed out so it couldn't be selected. We are using Small Bu...