Cannot Add a new facility or equipment

Hello,

We are trying to deploy CRM 3.0 on a SBS 2003.  I read in help how to create 
the above, but when I click Business Unit Settings there are no options for 
Facilities/Equipment.  At the end of this post are the directions.

Am I missing something?  Did the program install correctly?  Is this 
available for the Small Business Server Version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Ed Podowski

------------Add a new facility or equipment -------------
For help gathering the right information, see the Fadllity/Equi/ment 
worksheet in the Microsoft CRM 3,0 Implementation Guide on the documentation 
CD. 
1. In the Navigation Pane, click Settings. 
2. Under Settings, click Settings, and then in the Settings area click 
Business Unit Settings. Then click 
Facilities/ Equipment. 
3. On the Actions toolbar, click New. 
4. On the form, you must enter information in the following fields. 
• Name 
You must enter a name with a length of 100 characters or less. The name 
should be meaningful and unique. By default these records are sorted by name 
in the Facilities and Equipment area and in the Service Calendar area. 
• Time Zone 
You can select a different time zone, if the facility or equipment is in a 
time zone that is different than that of the main business unit. 
• Business Unit 
This field is completed automatically with your business unit. If the 
facility or equipment is part of a different business unit, you can change 
this information. Click Lookup if you want to search for another business 
unit. 
You can also select a Site for the facility or equipment. This is important 
if you have more than one site, to make sure that all of the resources are at 
the same site for a service activity. 
If you want someone to receive an e-mail message regarding this resource, 
for example the equipment manager, enter a valid Primary E-mail address. 
You can enter a detailed description of the facility or equipment, including 
model numbers, room size, or other identifying information. 
5. Click Save or Save and Close. 



0
Utf
6/19/2006 9:19:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

2 Replies
463 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 22

I just clicked on created a new service activity and was able to open the 
Service Activity Look Up Window.  [Naturally, there are no service activities 
defined due to the issue described above.]  When I am in this screen and 
click on schedule service activity and another window pops up and I can click 
on resources which opens and I can drop down a box and select 
facilities/equipment.  I must be doing something wrong.  All the pieces are 
there except finding a way to add a new facility.  I hope this helps.  Thanks 
again, Ed Podowski

"Ed Podowski" wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> We are trying to deploy CRM 3.0 on a SBS 2003.  I read in help how to create 
> the above, but when I click Business Unit Settings there are no options for 
> Facilities/Equipment.  At the end of this post are the directions.
> 
> Am I missing something?  Did the program install correctly?  Is this 
> available for the Small Business Server Version?
> 
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Ed Podowski
> 
> ------------Add a new facility or equipment -------------
> For help gathering the right information, see the Fadllity/Equi/ment 
> worksheet in the Microsoft CRM 3,0 Implementation Guide on the documentation 
> CD. 
> 1. In the Navigation Pane, click Settings. 
> 2. Under Settings, click Settings, and then in the Settings area click 
> Business Unit Settings. Then click 
> Facilities/ Equipment. 
> 3. On the Actions toolbar, click New. 
> 4. On the form, you must enter information in the following fields. 
> • Name 
> You must enter a name with a length of 100 characters or less. The name 
> should be meaningful and unique. By default these records are sorted by name 
> in the Facilities and Equipment area and in the Service Calendar area. 
> • Time Zone 
> You can select a different time zone, if the facility or equipment is in a 
> time zone that is different than that of the main business unit. 
> • Business Unit 
> This field is completed automatically with your business unit. If the 
> facility or equipment is part of a different business unit, you can change 
> this information. Click Lookup if you want to search for another business 
> unit. 
> You can also select a Site for the facility or equipment. This is important 
> if you have more than one site, to make sure that all of the resources are at 
> the same site for a service activity. 
> If you want someone to receive an e-mail message regarding this resource, 
> for example the equipment manager, enter a valid Primary E-mail address. 
> You can enter a detailed description of the facility or equipment, including 
> model numbers, room size, or other identifying information. 
> 5. Click Save or Save and Close. 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
6/19/2006 10:25:02 PM
I believe I know the problem.  It is permission related.  I thought I 
understood the Administrator permission in MS CRM 3.0 and how it relates to 
the Administrator sign in on the server.  I don't understand this 
relationship.  If someone can explain it or post the explanation here, I 
would greatly appreciate it.

FYI:  I change my CRM user permission to system administrator and sign into 
the SBS 2003 as myself and all the menu items which help related to appeared. 
 The reason is still confusing to me because, there is the Administrator sign 
in on SBS and no sign in on MS CRM 3.0 while signed in on the server.  When I 
sign in on the server which also has a user account the menus appear.  I hope 
this helps someone who can't find a menu when it should be there.

Thank you, Ed Podowski

"Ed Podowski" wrote:

> I just clicked on created a new service activity and was able to open the 
> Service Activity Look Up Window.  [Naturally, there are no service activities 
> defined due to the issue described above.]  When I am in this screen and 
> click on schedule service activity and another window pops up and I can click 
> on resources which opens and I can drop down a box and select 
> facilities/equipment.  I must be doing something wrong.  All the pieces are 
> there except finding a way to add a new facility.  I hope this helps.  Thanks 
> again, Ed Podowski
> 
> "Ed Podowski" wrote:
> 
> > Hello,
> > 
> > We are trying to deploy CRM 3.0 on a SBS 2003.  I read in help how to create 
> > the above, but when I click Business Unit Settings there are no options for 
> > Facilities/Equipment.  At the end of this post are the directions.
> > 
> > Am I missing something?  Did the program install correctly?  Is this 
> > available for the Small Business Server Version?
> > 
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Ed Podowski
> > 
> > ------------Add a new facility or equipment -------------
> > For help gathering the right information, see the Fadllity/Equi/ment 
> > worksheet in the Microsoft CRM 3,0 Implementation Guide on the documentation 
> > CD. 
> > 1. In the Navigation Pane, click Settings. 
> > 2. Under Settings, click Settings, and then in the Settings area click 
> > Business Unit Settings. Then click 
> > Facilities/ Equipment. 
> > 3. On the Actions toolbar, click New. 
> > 4. On the form, you must enter information in the following fields. 
> > • Name 
> > You must enter a name with a length of 100 characters or less. The name 
> > should be meaningful and unique. By default these records are sorted by name 
> > in the Facilities and Equipment area and in the Service Calendar area. 
> > • Time Zone 
> > You can select a different time zone, if the facility or equipment is in a 
> > time zone that is different than that of the main business unit. 
> > • Business Unit 
> > This field is completed automatically with your business unit. If the 
> > facility or equipment is part of a different business unit, you can change 
> > this information. Click Lookup if you want to search for another business 
> > unit. 
> > You can also select a Site for the facility or equipment. This is important 
> > if you have more than one site, to make sure that all of the resources are at 
> > the same site for a service activity. 
> > If you want someone to receive an e-mail message regarding this resource, 
> > for example the equipment manager, enter a valid Primary E-mail address. 
> > You can enter a detailed description of the facility or equipment, including 
> > model numbers, room size, or other identifying information. 
> > 5. Click Save or Save and Close. 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
Utf
6/20/2006 1:28:02 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Add Code needed!
- - If I have four text boxes on my form tbA,tbB,tbC,tbD what code do I need for tbD to add the other three totals into tbD Thanks for any help.....Bob On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:35:53 +1200, Bob V wrote: > - > - > > If I have four text boxes on my form tbA,tbB,tbC,tbD what code do I need for > tbD to add the other three totals into tbD > Thanks for any help.....Bob As the control source of [tbD], write: =Nz([tbA])+Nz([tbB]) + Nz([tbC]) The result should NOT be stored in any table. When ever you need the calculated total, re-calculate it as above. -- Fred Please...

How do I add a manual button to exit my slide show?
I have created a slide show that I will send as an email attachment. I would like to insert the button in the lower left corner that can be used to exit the slide show. How do I do this? In article <5CAD3D4C-946E-491A-991C-B4B84F5D388D@microsoft.com>, Vonar wrote: > I have created a slide show that I will send as an email attachment. I would > like to insert the button in the lower left corner that can be used to exit > the slide show. How do I do this? Add any sort of button or shape you like and assign it an END SHOW action setting. =================...

new computer
we are trying to x-fer our money 95 to our new system. If I use backup and restore, I am not sure where to restore it to. Money will ask you where to store it. On an XP machine, My Documents is a great place. "AF" <trnpt1@aol.com> wrote in message news:3aa801c3402c$c7222bf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > we are trying to x-fer our money 95 to our new system. > If I use backup and restore, I am not sure where to > restore it to. ...

Add text to automatic page number so it shows up in TOC
Hello, This is something that has been a problem for me at work for awhile. We have large documents and use all the Heading styles up, but then we have pages that need to be numbered "FO-1, FO-2" etc. and have that show up in the TOC as the page number. Is there some way to add the "FO-" to the page number field so it shows up in the TOC? Thank you! See the following page of fellow MVP Shauna Kelly's website: http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numbering/NumberingAppendixes.html#TableOfContents -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup u...

Problem creating new users programmatically
Hi, I am coding an application with should create new user in AD and their Mailbox. I am using VB.NET on Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP1 What I am doing now is this: - Creating new user in AD using DirectoryServices (lately I tried pure ADSI also) - Setting its properties and CommitChanges - Getting its NativeObject and assign it to a CDOEXM.iMailboxStore and try creating its mailbox using CreateMailbox method. - After that I set the property "msExchUserAccountControl" to 0 for immediate logon. Every thing goes fine till here. In next step I am going to make the user's m...

OUTLOOK New Mail Field Availability
I have code when invoked on a new mail item with subject = 3089 and cursor left in subject field that acts differently (in debugging) when locals myItem is expanded or not. When not expanded, sr_number ="", when expanded, sr_number ="3089". How can I accomplish the assignment? It appears the information exists, just how to get to it?? ----- Public Sub SSP_Req_Notification() Dim initialSubj, finalSubj As String Dim objOLApp As Outlook.Application Dim NewMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim myRecipient As Outlook.Recipient Dim sr_number As Stri...

naming a new file
For some reason whenever I try to do a "save as" and type a name for a new worksheet it will only accept the first letter of the file name. If I try to name it alph.xls it will come up a.xls. any ideas. I have Office 97 on a Windows XP machine. I never had this problem before. Thanks There have been a few posts describing the same problem. I searched google and found this: http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl The last post in the thread suggested an answer. (I think it has something to do with WindowsXP). I don't think I've ev...

Security on New Email Address
I am getting some really dirty spam. I opened a new e-mail account hoping to use the old as a default for when anyone is on the internet so that I can keep the new one clean. When I open Outlook I don't want my email account to open automatically and if I am not there I don't want someone else to access it. However as soon as I open Outlook I am prompted to open my new account and unless I sign in my password I cannot receive mail for the old account, I get a mail error message. How can I keep my new mail private and let others access the other account automatically? Let's approac...

How to move my mail to a new machine
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I've been using my Mac to work in Entourage but am getting a new MacBook Pro. How do I transfer all my mails to the new machine? <br> Thanks On 2010-06-02 11:56:02 -0400, Beandog9@officeformac.com said: > I've been using my Mac to work in Entourage but am getting a new > MacBook Pro. How do I transfer all my mails to the new machine? Move the Microsoft User Data from your Documents account in one computer to the same location in the other. Actually, if you us...

How to add Open dialog property to Active X control
Hi Everyone, I have designed one activex control, in that i added color & font properties i have added. I want to add one more property like picture, how can i add that one. When i am selecting that property one OpenDialog should come in that i ll select that picture that should disply on that control. regards, Jagadeesh. ...

Reminders as new email arrives
Hi, This is regarding the crop of Oversized file (2 GB pst) and then getting enormous pop up reminders as new mail come in. The Switch of /cleanreminders does not work. Please help Thanks Jishnu Guhathakurta Enormous amount or size? Dismiss them once and they will be gone. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jishnu" <jishguha@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:80d9e10e.0405261118.73aa30e9@posting.google.com... > Hi, > This is regarding the crop of Oversized fil...

attachment add in
I had a free third party addin that allowed you to choose which type of attachments you want to open. It makes Outlook work like Outlook express, adds a tab to your options. I bought a new computer and don't remember where I got the addin. Anyone know? Thanks Deb Have you tried google.com? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, deb asked: | I had a free third party addin t...

can't seem to add a line break in a cell
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_043B_01C64CEA.3FB0D6D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello,=20 I'm working with excel 2002. I want to hit enter and create a new line = within a cell, yet I am unable to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank You --=20 Meg Darnell, LMT, CD Director of Alumni Services Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences 212-924-5900 x142=20 ------=_NextPart_000_043B_01C64CEA.3FB0D6D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Conte...

Add user Icon
Hi group, I have a CRM 4 Workgroup Edition, with four users. So, at this time I want to add a new user, but the add user icon in the user section disappears only show "print, excel, reports...etc". My user is "System administrator" There is another way to add users? Thanks in advance! EGN ...

add new domain virtual directory
Hi, I have installed an Exchange 2003 in my machine. I have setup my exchange for a domain. But then I add an additional domain. It works fine but I can't add a virtual directory for this domain. for example I create mail.newdomain.com but I can't add virtual directory for this domain. How can I add this domain virtual directory for web access. Thanks for your help. "caldera" <caldera@cc.com> wrote: >I have installed an Exchange 2003 in my machine. I have setup my exchange for a domain. But >then I add an additional domain. It works fine but I can't add a...

Accepting New Transactions
I have merged two accounts and now I have over 1,000 old transactions that need to be "Accepted." Is there a way to accept all of these transactions en masse instead of clicking on each, individual transaction? -- DougW In microsoft.public.money, DougW wrote: >I have merged two accounts and now I have over 1,000 old transactions that >need to be "Accepted." Is there a way to accept all of these transactions en >masse instead of clicking on each, individual transaction? In the checking or credit card register left column, ReconcileTransactions->AcceptAllT...

How do I set my default for any new document to 300 dpi?
This is a printer option. If you want the best printing for all your documents do the changing in the printer & fax folder, right-click your printer, properties... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gopdx2004" <gopdx2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA955841-CF01-42D7-ADDF-6D74C66F5FDB@microsoft.com... > ...

Joining a Windows NT Domain from a new computer
Hi Guys, I want to join an NT Domain from a fresh computer setup as a BDC but I keep getting the error "could not locate domain".What could be wrong is there anything I am not doing right? Thanks -- Buchi The main thing that you are not doing correctly is posting this to the correct newsgroup. This one is for Exchange; try a Windows/NT newsgroup. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00EDA6D8-88DB-4451-B31B-D26DE6FE7667@microsoft.c...

transfering data to new laptop
help, I have a new computer and I am trying to move my existing information (settings, contacts, inbox etc.) from the old computer. Can this be done? Rob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > help, I have a new computer and I am trying to move my > existing information (settings, contacts, inbox etc.) > from the old computer. Can this be done? Certainly. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Moving Exchange 5.5 on NT4 to new Windows 2000 Server.
This is my first post and I'm hoping to get a little advise. Hi. I need to move Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 Server(BDC) onto a new machine running Windows 2000 Server. The new server must have the same name as the NT4 server. There is no AD in the network as yet. Just a PDC and a BDC(current NT4 Exchange box), plus several member NT and 2000 boxes. The new hardware is not compatible with NT4, so I am forced to load Windows 2000 Server onto it. I'm familiar with the process of backup, restore, mailbox moving etc, but I do not know the consequence of doing a backup of Exchange on ...

New trend, new business, new year a new beginning
New trend, at start of new year. "If you want things to work different, you must try a different...whatever..." Does that seem obvious? Brighten up with this "reading" and attack the money issue with more gusto! I am finishing my year 2005 with some regrets and some joy. For some the year passed has not been "tip top" in their view. But I believe it has just been very well as the page I shall bring you that has this statement which I believe wholeheartedly: "THINGS ARE UNFOLDING AS IT SHOULD" (paraphrased) I invite you to read the whole "poem&quo...

EXCEL add-on for multi-way tables. Download the OLAP product.
CODEWORK announces version 8.2 of the 3-way TANGRAM OLAP for the Windows platform. Excel can read TANGRAM hypercubes with an add-on. 3-way TANGRAM is a self-help or survival OLAP - it caters for the business analyst who has no time and budget to install a major OLAP and yet must respond to requests in a time-scale of hours. The product is very lean (8 Mbytes in the minimum config.) and is installed by file-copy. Yet it can handle any typical hypercube problem and features several innovative operations on hypercubes. The limits of version 8 are: 250 million cells and 15 dimensions for eac...

New Software Development Articles Directory #2
A new links directory of articles related to software development is "under construction" on http://www.softdevarticles.com/ Please feel free to use it in you next research and to contribute with your articles on XML and .NET ...

My new edition of office 2007 is missing the outlook platform .
What can I do to get microsoft to correct this and the other problem. I keep trying to download office templates. And I keep getting a message saying. I son't have office 2007? What Office Suite do you have? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Darren asked: | What can I do to get microsoft to correct this and the other problem. | I keep trying to download office templates. And I keep getting a | mes...

Outlook 2003 unable to add public folder shortcut to favorites pane
I am running the following environment : - Exchange 5.5 sp4 - Outlook 2003 sp1 running in LAN mode (not cached mode) and I am experiencing this problem : when I try to add a public folder shortcut to favorites pane nothing appens (then public folder is not added to added to the favorites pane); if I try to add shortcut from my mailbox works well. Thanks ...