Can you link products to leads

Hi,

We're creating leads from web site visits and are asking the visitor to
indicate their interest in one or more of our products, is there a way to
link the lead to the products?  I'd prefer to do it through some sort of
cross reference structure as opposed to a repeating set of attributes in the
lead schema.

This won't be the only time we'll need this type of construct either.

Thanks,
Derek.

0
Derek
4/2/2004 10:51:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It is not possible to add new objects (tables) to the
schema yet (should be in v2 or v3, but no details
available yet).

This means if your leads are selecting many products it is
not possible to do this within the CRM schema.

However, you can add another table into a separate
database, and then populate this with the GUID of the
lead, and the GUID of the product, creating a one to many
relationship between lead and product.

HTTH

Gill

0
Gill
4/2/2004 11:15:41 PM
Gill,

FYI, the ability to add new entities and relationships between tables has been
promised for v2.0.

Matt Parks

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:15:41 -0800, "Gill Walker"

It is not possible to add new objects (tables) to the
schema yet (should be in v2 or v3, but no details
available yet).

This means if your leads are selecting many products it is
not possible to do this within the CRM schema.

However, you can add another table into a separate
database, and then populate this with the GUID of the
lead, and the GUID of the product, creating a one to many
relationship between lead and product.

HTTH

Gill

0
Matt
4/3/2004 6:17:49 AM
Thanks to Gill and Matt for the information,

Cheers,
Derek.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
> Gill,
>
> FYI, the ability to add new entities and relationships between tables has
been
> promised for v2.0.
>
> Matt Parks

> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:15:41 -0800, "Gill Walker"
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> It is not possible to add new objects (tables) to the
> schema yet (should be in v2 or v3, but no details
> available yet).
>
> This means if your leads are selecting many products it is
> not possible to do this within the CRM schema.
>
> However, you can add another table into a separate
> database, and then populate this with the GUID of the
> lead, and the GUID of the product, creating a one to many
> relationship between lead and product.
>
> HTTH
>
> Gill

0
Derek

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Public Folder link to Excel File

can i download lxce serv.exe

Service Products Tracking.
We run a workshop repair service, what is the best way to track customers products, as it seems unfeasible to add products when booking an over the counter repair order in CRM. I would like to track repairs against machine manufacturer to do simple reporting like reliability against brand etc. I would recommend the following as the product you sell is a service I would create the service as the product i.e. create product Start-up costs, hourly rate, etc. To track brand reliability I would create one or more custom entities which contain the brand and maybe even their products. T...

how many receivers i can add

Need HELP! for Linking data

Can't configure Outlook Express

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

Can not open PDFs
I'm using Outlook Express,when I receive e-mail with pdf attachments I can not open or save the PDF files I can see that the file is there but nothing happen. thanks Cesar Open the message in question. Is there a informational bar across the top that states Outlook Express blocked access to the file? If yes, select Tool > Options > Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Cesar Calderon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29c4e01c465ca$a76ec470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook Express,...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

OWA user can only see subject
Hello friends, OWA users are unable to see their mail. Only Subject field is visible, without mail contents(No message is visible). Our outlook is working fine. Any ideas why this is happening and how we can solve this. Regards Guri ...

Can I change the Comment Box arrow connection point?
Is there any way to change the point on a Comment Box where the tail end of the arrow it attached? Until today, all of the arrows in my workbook had been attached to the upper left-hand corner of the Comment Boxes. Today, I noticed that one of them is attached to the upper right-hand corner. I have no idea how that happened, but it seems to indicate that the attachment point can be moved. Can the arrow be attached to the center of the Comment Box so that when it is moved around, the tail always comes from the closest point? Comments have a habit of moving around. To reset all to default po...

Linking to a static library
Hi all, I have a static library. I do not have the code, just the .lib file. I know the functions it houses. How can I link the library to my application using Visual Studio 2005. Regards, Nure call the functions. link with the library. that's it. Serge. http://www.apptranslator.com - Localization tool for your C++ applications <nure123@gmail.com> wrote in message news:313a883c-de8c-4a66-be7d-c9dba4a0fc6c@s13g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I have a static library. I do not have the code, just the .lib file. I > know the functions it houses. How can I li...

PS2007
I was trying to troubleshoot a problem and checking to see if services in SharePoint Central Admin were running. I must have accidently clicked when rolling over the start and stop as I got kicked out of Central Admin and can't get back in. How does one restart if stopped or regain access??? Services generally allow you to stop and restart. Where do I go to restore access. Everything seems to be running ok, but it wont let me access Central Admin in the server. Anybody know how to restore this? Hi Rick. Fear not, thankfully, there is a stsadm command to help start the ...

Can't verify publisher for mf.sys
I've got a multiportSerial inf that uses mf.inf/mf.sys to enumerate x number of serial ports. When I use this inf for my device, Server 2008 complains that "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software". If I say to install the driver software anyway then it will enumerate all my serial ports correctly and it's happy to install the serial driver I have written for the child devices. What do I need to do in order to get the mf.inf/mf.sys portion of my install to work without user interaction? You need to sign your mf.sys file (and mf.cat) w...

can't get the pratice excel spreadsheet to download for training
I can not get the spreadsheet to download in the training session for excell Which training session would that be? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 19:03:01 -0800, KEEPERS <KEEPERS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can not get the spreadsheet to download in the training session for excell ...