Can't publish custom report to CRM

Hi :-)

I am having a problem deploying a new report (built in an SSRS projekt)

After tunring on developer debug messages in CRM, the more descriptive error
message made it clear that the problem was due to a shared data-source.

However, after disabling the shared data-source, I still recieve an error,
but this time relating to something which I can't decipher.

The error message is as follows:

[CrmException: Exception of type Microsoft.Crm.CrmException was thrown.]
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Report.InternalCreate(String xml) +722
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.Create() +109
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId
eventId) +405
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.ReportProperty.ReportPropertyPage.ConfigureForm()
+202
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30

Hope somebody has suggestions  :-)
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

PS.  We are using CRM 3.0

"Paul Johnston" wrote:

> Hi :-)
>
> I am having a problem deploying a new report (built in an SSRS projekt)
>
> After tunring on developer debug messages in CRM, the more descriptive error
> message made it clear that the problem was due to a shared data-source.
>
> However, after disabling the shared data-source, I still recieve an error,
> but this time relating to something which I can't decipher.
>
> The error message is as follows:
>
> [CrmException: Exception of type Microsoft.Crm.CrmException was thrown.]
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Report.InternalCreate(String xml) +722
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.Create() +109
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId
> eventId) +405
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
>    Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.ReportProperty.ReportPropertyPage.ConfigureForm()
> +202
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30
>    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
>    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499
>

> Hope somebody has suggestions  :-)
Can you upload the report using SQL report Manager?  Are you using SQL 2000
and VS 2003?  Do you get the same error if you publish the report using the
command line tool?
--
Richard Riddle
CRM Developer

"Paul Johnston" wrote:

> Hi :-)
>
> I am having a problem deploying a new report (built in an SSRS projekt)
>
> After tunring on developer debug messages in CRM, the more descriptive error
> message made it clear that the problem was due to a shared data-source.
>
> However, after disabling the shared data-source, I still recieve an error,
> but this time relating to something which I can't decipher.
>
> The error message is as follows:
>
> [CrmException: Exception of type Microsoft.Crm.CrmException was thrown.]
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Report.InternalCreate(String xml) +722
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.Create() +109
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId
> eventId) +405
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
>    Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.ReportProperty.ReportPropertyPage.ConfigureForm()
> +202
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30
>    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
>    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499
>

> Hope somebody has suggestions  :-)
Thanks for the input Richard.
However, I have found the problem, turned out to be my own error:
Creating a new datasource which WASN'T shared did actually solve the
problem. Only thing was, that when creating the new datasource, the SELECT
statement in one of the datasets was reset (deleted). So some of the required
source fields used in the report were not present. CRM seems to do a
reasonable job of checking the reports integrity while deploying, so
naturally the process failed. Would have liked to see a more discriptive
error report though.

Anyhows, all is working fine now :-)

"Richard Riddle" wrote:

> Can you upload the report using SQL report Manager?  Are you using SQL 2000
> and VS 2003?  Do you get the same error if you publish the report using the
> command line tool?
> --
> Richard Riddle
> CRM Developer
> Autonomix
>

> "Paul Johnston" wrote:
>
> > Hi :-)
> >
> > I am having a problem deploying a new report (built in an SSRS projekt)
> >
> > After tunring on developer debug messages in CRM, the more descriptive error
> > message made it clear that the problem was due to a shared data-source.
> >
> > However, after disabling the shared data-source, I still recieve an error,
> > but this time relating to something which I can't decipher.
> >
> > The error message is as follows:
> >
> > [CrmException: Exception of type Microsoft.Crm.CrmException was thrown.]
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Report.InternalCreate(String xml) +722
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.Create() +109
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId
> > eventId) +405
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.ReportProperty.ReportPropertyPage.ConfigureForm()
> > +202
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30
> >    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
> >    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499
> >

> > Hope somebody has suggestions  :-)

Exporting from Publisher
Many of the contributers to our Parish Magazine and Advertising Supplement send material in Publisher format. How can I best export this material to another DTP Package? John -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk You can save everything as a .jpg or convert it to a .pdf. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsof...

Now that CRM 3.0 RTM is out on MSDN...
Now that CRM 3.0 RTM is out on MSDN are we allowed to talk about it in this NG? Or are we still supposed to keep quiet about it?! Cheers Tom ...

Publisher Printing Very Slow
I recently got a new printer. Now any publisher doc I print, even in fast draft, it takes 2-3 minutes to print. It doesn't matter if it is clip art or just black text. All other Office programs print quickly. My printer is a Brother MFC-5840CN All-in-one. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks, Blue ...

SOP Customer Insurance Handling
We want to handle the following situation in the Dynamics GP SOP, in a Hospital Enviroment. A patient is billed again registered services, but the bill is payed by his insurance company. One insurance company may cover 1 or more patients at a time. We want to see "Amounts Receivable Transactions" for both the patient and his insurance company. e.g. if Paitent A is billed 500$ and Patient B is billed 500$, if both are using Medicare then: Amount Receivable from Paitent A is 500$ Amount Receivable from Paitent B is 500$ Amount Receivable from Medicare is 500$ Since i make th...

How to create report from Pivot Table View of Union Query?
Hi all, I have create a Union ALL Query. I want to generate a report from it. The Pivot Table View of this Union Query shows exactly what I want (having Row Heading, Column Heading and Detailed Data), so how can I make it as a Report? I have tried to create new report, but there is no options of making a pivot table (something like Crosstab Query and Pivot Table View of the Union Query). Also tried to export to Excel, but it shows only count of records. I want all detailed records. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Duane, I tried to create a crosstab qu...

CRM Client installtion failure
I am trying to install the Outlook desktop client on a newly installed OS. The install gets nearly all the way through and then 'rolls back'. In reality it doesn't actually roll back and when I open up Outlook I see the client and the toolbar there. I can log emails etc into the CRM database, however one thing it keeps doing is prompting me to confirm that I want to allow an application access to the Outlook address book. I have poseted previously to see if anyone else has had this problem and how to solve it, but since I have not received a response, I will assume that no on...

In RMS PO add Level Pricing A, B or C for customization
Hi, Currently we are not able to add level price A, B or C in the PO template. If there is a need to be able to use any of the item level pricing it should be made available for customization purposes. Thanks, Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Problems in viewing Report
Hi we have installed the SQL and CRM in 2 different servers, running on win 2003. I face a problem when viewing reports as it keeps popping up dialog box for username and password which when not given gives a "page cannot be displayed" error. can anybody let me know why the logon request for report section is prompted. I tried to fiddle around with report section datasource, by selecting various options and it works only when a AD user is given in the credential section, since the user's password is prone for expiry, it will be risky to give that option. This is because i...

Publisher 2003 Not Showing Graphics (Pictures)
OK, this is just too weird. Two computers, both running Publisher 2003. On #1, all graphics load and everything is fine. On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. So what happened last week? Why some pictures and not others? I emptied out temp folders, switched the "View" settings for pictures, but I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions? Wayne Day wrote: > On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing > up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. > ...

How do I create custom border using peoples names?
There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF16BB3-4C90-4E05-B0AA-303874A445AA@microsoft.com... > In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save as an image. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. &...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 Error Report
Hi, Just to get helps on the following : I've the Microsoft Outlook 2000 (come with Ms Office 2000 Premium with full installation) installed on the Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1. Had configured the corporate Internet Email as well. The problem is when sometime trying to type a new or replied or forwarding of email which is going to be send out, then will prompt the error report message. After i click on do not send, then it will straight away closed the whole Outlook 2000 application & the mail without saved the message. So i've to re-open again and re-type...

CRM Report Issue
I designed a custom report to run pending activities & assigned activities of current loggin user. This report is running in report server and showing current user's assigned activities. i am passing current user name in parameters as @User Name from sql query. After deploying this report into crm. its throwing an error message like this. "An error has occurred during report processing. The Value expression for the query parameter =91@UserName=92 contains an error: Index was outside the bounds of the array" The current user name passing from crm report as "...

crystal report question 05-04-04
Hi, is it possible to use my own sql statement to build the crystal reports in crm 1.2? I want to use some functions i.e. count(*) to add some statistic on the reportings. Thanks in advance Jani ...

Activities by Business Unit Report
Hello all: Our implementation of CRM uses multiple business units created under the top level organizational business unit. We are trying use the existing activities by type report as a basis but to add a grouping by business unit. This report would only show activities by a specific business unit. Currently our security model is configured such that all activities are viewable across all business units. Any of the default reports will not achieve our segration requirement. Has anyone attempted a report similar to this? Where and how should we be applying the business unit filter? Crea...

Publisher and Booklets.
Pub(2003) does Booklets quite well with the pages numbered and set up to print fine. Pub does not do Table of Contents or Indexes(sic) except manually. Does anyone know of an easy way to make Booklets with automatic Contents and Indexes? John G. You could create the booklet in Word and then move it into Publisher. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "John G." <greentest@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message news:uu4Jp8agJHA.3456@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Pub(2003) does Booklets quite well with the pages numbered and set up to > print fine. > Pub does not ...

Publisher does not recognize my printer
I just reinstalled my printer drivers due to an unrelated network issue. Now, I cannot print to the printer from Publisher 2002. When I try to print preview or print, it tells me I must first install a printer. Well, the printer is installed and prints fine from every other application - just not Publisher. The printer is on a network. I have been able to print to it from Publisher before. What do I need to do to get Publisher to realize there really is a happy, receptive little printer out there just waiting to do its bidding? Any help is always appreciated! When you select Pri...

Embedded images not printing in reports
I have built several reports in Visual Studio and when I preview them there, the graphic (our logo in this case) displays fine. But when I pull them into CRM 4.0, and the graphics show a red "x" as though they aren't there. Do I need to do anything different other than embed them? Anyone else have this problem that can enlighten me as to a solution? Thanks! Andy. ...

Customized Scrollbars in CHtmlView
hi, i am using ChtmlView in a dialog to render some Html Content. That's coming fine. Now i have two tasks - 1. I need to hide existing scrollbars. 2. Use my set of scrollbars to scroll through the page. i already have the scrollbar logic, only thing i need is the way to get the total height of the contents, and to scroll. Also, how to handle the multiple frames case, which might have multiple scrollbars. ...

SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040217The specified object was not found.D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\entity.inl1542 Source: System.Web.Services #2
I get this exception when I execute this code to retreive a CRM contact. Any ideas as to what the proxy class is looking for that it cannot find. I do not have the directory structure the erro message calls for. Exception: SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040217The specified object was not found.D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\entity.inl1542 Source: System.Web.Services Code: // strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server string strServer = "crm"; // virtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM // virtual directory on the...

paint stroke option in publisher?
I'd like to soften my lines with a paint stroke effect. Is that possible in Publisher (2003)? Thanks! Not possible in Publisher. Create your lines in a paint program. www.getpaint.net is free. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "plouise" <plouise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CC52AF6-378F-41B1-890C-B71E60C7E91E@microsoft.com... > I'd like to soften my lines with a paint stroke effect. Is that possible in > Publisher (2003)? Thanks! ...

How do I add GAL to "Reguarding " in CRM?
Hi all My customer want to add GAL to "Reguarding" in CRM. How do I do that? Should I do somthing to onChange() event? thank you for your time. Yifei ...

Script to set Customer Credit Limit and tax exempt
Imported customer information from txt file. Anyone have a script to set credit limit for all customers to $1,000. Also need script to set all customers to tax exempt. -- SG update customer set creditlimit=1000, taxexempt=1 make sure you get proof of the tax exempt status of these customers or you may have to pay their tax anyway. "SG" <SG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82F6BB97-42B4-43A0-BAD5-F23ED8E74E61@microsoft.com... > Imported customer information from txt file. Anyone have a script to set > credit limit for all customers t...

how to make a leaflet on microsoft publisher 2003
im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but i have no clue on how to, any respponses would be appreciated. Open Publisher, New, Click Publications for Print, scroll down to Flyers. This will give you a guide on how a leaflet is setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dmpm" <dmpm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C563C481-49B6-409D-B98E-E84477BD5609@microsoft.com... > im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but > i ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003 locks up/unstable
Hi, We recently added additional server to the CRM environment. We have been runnning CRM 1.2 for about 2+ years on Windows 2000 environment with no issues. This is IIS 5. We have done some cusomizations and CRM SDK developments too. On windows 2003, we are running into issues. This runs on IIS 6. Once in a while the webserver does not respond. After lot of research, I found out it is most likely the worker processes that lock up because of exhausting the threads available. Has anyone run into issues of this nature? What is the remedy? Thanks, Ramesh ...

CRM is Slow
Hi all, When I cllick save (or save&close) button, it takes too much time to complete the operation, approximatelly 20 seconds. Any ideas to speed up ths process? Can you describe the environment? What is the configuration for the database server? What about the CRM Server? "ismail" <ismail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:732C99DF-8567-4378-BEAB-7CB200F4FE46@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > When I cllick save (or save&close) button, it takes too much time to > complete the operation, approximatelly 20 seconds. Any ideas to speed up >...