Can't install new report service server

Hi,

We occured one problem when install crm3. Our enviroment is win2003
sp1,sql2005. When running setup program "Install new report service server"
option is grey. But in our sql server there is no report services
installed.There is vs2005 installed on this computer.And I notice asp.net
version is 2.0.Is that cause by asp.net 2. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

When you have SQL Server 2005, you will need to install the report server
that comes with SQL Server 2005 and have the Microsoft CRM v3.0 attach to it.

The Report Services is an option with SQL Server 2005 installation.

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Kevin Dai" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We occured one problem when install crm3. Our enviroment is win2003
> sp1,sql2005. When running setup program "Install new report service server"
> option is grey. But in our sql server there is no report services
> installed.There is vs2005 installed on this computer.And I notice asp.net
> version is 2.0.Is that cause by asp.net 2. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
CRM nested install, which is called "install new report service server", will
install SQL reporting service 2000. And your database is sql2005. I remember
SQL reporting service 2000 plus SQL2005 is not supported configuration of SQL
server.

The better choice probably would be installing SQL reporting service 2005
and using "connecting to existing reporting service".

"Kevin Dai" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We occured one problem when install crm3. Our enviroment is win2003
> sp1,sql2005. When running setup program "Install new report service server"
> option is grey. But in our sql server there is no report services
> installed.There is vs2005 installed on this computer.And I notice asp.net
> version is 2.0.Is that cause by asp.net 2. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
Dear All,

Have anyone red Microsoft CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide?
As I experienced there is no section about SQL 2005. I suppose that SQL 2005
is not supported.
When you install Microsoft CRM 3.0, below the report server section there is
an attention, that "new report server install is supported only Windows 2000
environment".

The soulution by my opinion is the following:
First you install SQL 2000 reporting services on the same or other machine
in your environment and configure reporting by Impl Guide ver. CRM 3.0
Second install SQL 2005 without reporting services. (If you decide to use
SQL 2005 reporting services - you had better to use for SQL 2000 reporting an
other machine or web part.) But, you may not use SQL 2005 Reporting for CRM
as I can see.

Create new website in iis 6.0 for CRM 3.0 other than default (!) because
Reporting services would be installed automatically to Default Website
causing some Sharepoint troubles as well (see IG to run scripts).

Install CRM 3.0 to newly created website (not to the default website!)

Set SQL 2000 reporting site to CRM reporting when installing CRM

Set SQL 2005 machine for CRM data and metadata base when installing CRM

Regards,
Tibor

"Min Fan [MFST]" wrote:

> CRM nested install, which is called "install new report service server", will
> install SQL reporting service 2000. And your database is sql2005. I remember
> SQL reporting service 2000 plus SQL2005 is not supported configuration of SQL
> server.
>
> The better choice probably would be installing SQL reporting service 2005
> and using "connecting to existing reporting service".

> "Kevin Dai" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We occured one problem when install crm3. Our enviroment is win2003
> > sp1,sql2005. When running setup program "Install new report service server"
> > option is grey. But in our sql server there is no report services
> > installed.There is vs2005 installed on this computer.And I notice asp.net
> > version is 2.0.Is that cause by asp.net 2. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin

Link between forms when the child field is part of the primary key causing crashes when creating new records in main form
This is access 2003. I'm making a form to create new records in a main table and simultaneously allow the user to create records linking them to data from a second. The link table data is shown as an embedded form within the main form. The link table has two columns to store foreign keys from the main table and a lookup table. I want it to have a compound primary key composed of the two foreign keys. The problem is that if I have the compoundPK set and then create a new record in the main form/table or have the secondary form set to link MainTablePK between the child and master forms ...

Mailbox Manager installation error
While trying to install the mailbox manager on my server (NT 4 sp6 - Exch 5.5 sp4) I receive the following error message: File copy opeation failed - incorrect number of bytes written to disk - source file or destination file maybe corrupted - use chkdsk. The file that it is referring to is the mbclean.exe file. Has anyone encountered this or does anyone know of a workaround for this? Nahlaj, Chances are its the file itself. There was a bad build package when Mailbox Manager was first released and you may have gotten a hold of that. You might want to try another CD or downloading it...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #2
I'm using SBS Exchange Server 2003 SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it doesn't create the Exchange Mailbox. I can right-click and use Exchange Tasks to Recreate/Delete the mailbox and everything says it's "Ok", yet there is no mailbox found in the store. I get this even when I reboot the server and send an email to the new address. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Summary Report 11-17-09
I have a summary report full of unbound text boxes pulling multiple types of information from a single query (using DCount for the most part). As long as I leave the query as it is, the report works fine and pulls the correct information from all of the records in my query. My problem is, I need to count records from the query based on a date range, and when I add Between [Start Date] And [End Date] to the criteria line for one of the fields in my query, every field on my summary report changes to #Error. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Your DCounts need the same criteria. ...

show criteria on a report used to generate the report
How do you show (print) on a report the criteria used to generate the report? Thank you. Debbie On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:54:16 -0800, Debbie S. wrote: > How do you show (print) on a report the criteria used to generate the report? > > Thank you. > > Debbie And what is the criteria on the report? Let's assume the report criteria is in the query date field like: Between [StartDate] and [EndDate] In an unbound control in your report header, write: = "For sales between " & [StartDate] & " and " & [EndDate] The text within the brackets mu...

Change lblHeading.Caption of report based on which form's button clicked
I have 2 separate forms. Button on each form opens a report. One button on one form says "OPEN" and one button on the other form says "CLOSE" I do not want to create one report for each button on separate forms. I just want to use one report to serve both buttons on different forms On my report, I have lblHeading. If OPEN button is clicked from one form, I want to change lblHeading to something. If CLOSE button is clicked from another from, I want to change lblHeading as well. Thanks for helping. What version of Access? Starting in Access 2002 (I believe), t...

error with installing Microsoft CRM
i've windows 2003 server + exchange sever 2003 + sql server 2005 all installed in the same computer (all the servers, named 'CRM') when trying to install CRM 3.0 i've got the message: action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RSPublishAction failed. the specified path is not metabase path. parameter name: path when trying to mark to install in the current web site the server, the binding is: 192.168.1.3:8888:procom, metabase path: /LM/W3svc/1 so i was trying to create a new web site (the server binding appears is: ':5555:' in the wizard screen appears (setup was unbale t...

computer that did not come with a Windows installation CD.
I have a computer Gateway computer that did not come with a Windows installation CD. It has a D: Partition with a Restore to install the computer back to the way it was when I purchased it. I came home today and found the computer had crashed it said to run check disk. The drive did come back up ok so far. As I write this on another computer I am running a backup up the computer. I was told there is a way to make a Windows installation CD from the computer so when I get a new hard drive I can format it and install Windows. My question is HOW DO I DO THIS? Thanks for any he...

Outlook and Public Folders with new server.
Hi All, I know that this is of my own causing, but I would appreciate some guidance. We used to have a 2000 server with Exchange 2000 SP3. This machine was also out domain controller. We have created a new 2003 server with Exchange 2003, added it to the active directory, moved the mailboxes to the new server and then dcpromo'd the old server back down to a normal machine (and is now powered down). All is fine except Outlook is still looking for the old server when clicking onto Public Folders. We dont use any Public Folders, but i think there may have been a couple in there as a resu...

2003 Server Performance Reports Quit ...
Scheduled for 4:30 daily, on one of my SBS 2003 servers, they ceased getting emailed about two weeks ago. The report still comes up in the SBS Console window, but is never received. SMTP sent via localhost does get out. I've re-run 'set up monitoring reports and alerts' 'change server status report settings' and 'change alert notifications' from the console Monitoring and Reporting menu. What shall I try next? Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Scheduled for 4:30 daily, on one of my SBS 2003 servers, they ceased > getting e...

Activating SQL Server Reporting Services Failed
When installing CRM 3.0 y get this error: Activating SQL Server Reporting Services Failed. Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server https://publishing.Secintcon.local/reportServer. Error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Any help would be appreciated. R.P. Try browsing to the URL outside of the installation, to make sure you have the URL correct... Boolean1 "Richard P" <RichardP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:009EE8BD-B590-4C9D-8A5E-EDACAF71CB02@microsoft.com... > When installing CRM 3.0 y get this...

ODBC driver Windows 2008 R2 Server
Hi newsgroup, I have installed Microsoft Office 2007 professional on a Windows 2008 R2 Server! Now I try to make a odbc connection with microsoft odbc for oracle driver. But when I open the odbc manager and I try to add a new odbc connection then is the shortlist empty. How can I install the microsoft odbc for oracle driver on this machine? Thanks Andreas It should be included with the oracle installer, or you can search the web for ODAC. "Andreas Sperling" wrote: > Hi newsgroup, > > I have installed Microsoft Office 2007 professional on a...

Converting Access Queries to Run on an Oracle server
Hello; I have an access db front end and sql server backend. how painful is it to convert this to work on an oracle server backend. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks If your queries are located in Access (rather than in the SQL-Server backend), you don't really need to do anything. When you link to the tables in <fill in your backend server here>, the ODBC connection handles the translation. I believe you can simply "point to" (link to) the new tables and start running Access queries. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Rocky5&quo...

Custom Fields on CRM based reports
We have customised our copy of CRM and need to get the custom fields (CFSTestField for example) onto our Crystal Reports, but when using the CRM connection, it only seems to return the standard fields. Has anyone managed to get custom fields added to crystal reports without going to the database directly? In order for the custom fields to appear, you will need to verify the database from within Crystal Reports. After opening the report use the Verify Database option on the Database menu Good luck. ...

typing on inserted new pages
Dear All, The specific problems that I have having are: 1) I have opened an existing Word document in publisherand find that I am not able to type on to the new pages that I have inserted in at the end of the document. 2) I am not able to edd a title page to the same document and 3) With another word document that I have done this too, some of the text appears in a text boxes that I am not able to modify so that they cover the entire page. Thanks for your assistance Katia In order for your text to flow you need to connect the text boxes. An assistance article here: About connectin...

Office 2004 11.1.0 update installation fails.
Tried running the 11.1.0 updater, and each time, it fails. Followed the updater instructions (including killing Office Notifications). Tried running the updater several times. Tried repairing permissions and rebooting. Tried running the updater on a clean install of Office 2004. Each time, the updater gives a dialog box that says, "An error prevented the update from completing. 11002:2,-15". Anyone seen this? Have a fix for it? I have experienced the same problem. I have not figured out how to make this work, however, I must say that my Office auto update program will not install a...

Failure to create mailboxes for new users
Would IISlockdown/URLScan interfere with the process of adding mailboxes to new users? New users created from AD do not have a mailbox created even though the 'Create an Exchange Mailbox' is checked. The emaill address in the 'Genera;' tab isleft blank. I am using W2K server and Exchange 2000 ...

How to set up a spesific tablefield in the toptekst in a report
I trying to set up in the toptekst of a report the value that is in one spesific field in one of the tables in the database. Is that possible? Anybody got a hint? Yes, if you have a way of indentifying the record that the field is in. Put a text box in the Report's Header (is that what you meant by Top Text?) and in it type =DLookup("[FieldThatContainsValue]", "TableOrQueryThatContainsTheData","[IdentifyingField]=2") That's the rough idea. Of course, you will replace FieldThatContainsValue etc with the real name of your field. The formula I gave y...

Outlook client on terminal server #2
Is it possible to install the outlook client on the terminal server for many different users? Also how can one user view the calendar of many users in CRM? Yes you can install the Online client on a Terminal Server and each user can use the client after configuring their profile. "sqlscott" wrote: > Is it possible to install the outlook client on the terminal server for many > different users? > > Also how can one user view the calendar of many users in CRM? I have installed it and can only get it to work for the user I installed it under, If I log in as an...

Building Columns in a Report
I'm using AC2003. I have a database containing inventory numbers. Is there a way to generate a report with 3 or 4 columns on one page of those inventory numbers? for example 123 456 789 012 345 678 901 234 567 890 123 456 789 012 345 678 Any help is appreciated! PeterM wrote: >I'm using AC2003. I have a database containing inventory numbers. Is there >a way to generate a report with 3 or 4 columns on one page of those inventory >numbers? > >for example > >123 456 789 012 >345 678 901 234 >...

New essay: whereis utility
The whereis utility is often useful. The problem in Windows is that there are many different search algorithms, based on the platform, Windows release, Service Packs installed, etc., so any program that works like the Unix program, that is, which simulates the search path, is likely to fail, particularly in light of the possible future changes that may occur. This program uses the LoadLibraryEx call to search the load path. www.flounder.com/whereis.htm (It took almost more time to write it up and create the zipfile than to write the program itself...) joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email...

quote number on sales order and sales invoice report
How can I print the originating quote number (the quote that was transferred to the sales order) on sales order and sales invoice reports? Check out the originating document number. I havent checked out how long this holds the original quote number, it may be that when you convert the order to the invoice you will have to chase through the chain of documents in the history table (using the master number and searching for the oldest date with a view of some sort) to get the original quote number. You could also put that number in the PO number field on the original document or create a...

Can't get Outlook 2000 to recognize the Exchange Server on a Win X
I have a Laptop which is running XP Home. I want it to access the local network which has Exchange server 2000 I believe. However when I run Outlook from the laptop it doesn't recognize the Exchange server. I can access the internet and I can access the server itself. I've had no problems with Windows 2000 but I can't figure out XP home. There are several other computers which have XP home that can use the Exchange Server for Outlook. One factor is that they have a Japanese OS where as the Laptop I'm having trouble with is a English OS. If you can help with thi...

RMS reports should support Arabic and non-english languages
I'm using RMS v2 and i need to make reports that displays arabic language, and RMS doesn't currently support this. we had to make all our reports using external programs so I think that's a major disadvantage and should be fixed. We should be able to change to the font of the report, Please vote for it! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

new mail sound plays intermittently
I have set my options to play a sound when new mail arrives. This sound does not play all of the time however. It only plays sometimes and I cannot distinguish when it will play and when it won't. How do I get it to play a sound EVERY SINGLE TIME I get a new message? "Becky" <bmorphy@igc.com> wrote in message news:038a01c35b89$ccae7ba0$a301280a@phx.gbl > I have set my options to play a sound when new mail > arrives. This sound does not play all of the time > however. It only plays sometimes and I cannot distinguish > when it will play and when it won&#...