Can't Install IBF for CRM on CRM Server

first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name testcrm)
after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server
but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://testcrm:8082" and click
next button
but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service
location is not avaliable" and can't install it.
-_-' . but i can access "http://testcrm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and
"http://testcrm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ?

0
louiz
11/15/2004 4:23:56 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I had the same problem - try using http://localhost:8082 for the Publish
Metadata address, it worked for me.

"louiz" wrote:

> first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name testcrm)
> after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server
> but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://testcrm:8082" and click
> next button
> but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service
> location is not avaliable" and can't install it.
> -_-' . but i can access "http://testcrm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and
> "http://testcrm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ?

thanks for yr help. but it's can't install
have anyone suggest me ?

0
louiz
11/16/2004 10:34:39 AM
I have the same problem! did you found a solution?
THANK YOU MAJ!!!!!! localhost worked for me too !!!

"MAJ" wrote:

> I had the same problem - try using http://localhost:8082 for the Publish
> Metadata address, it worked for me.
>
> "louiz" wrote:
>
> > first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name testcrm)
> > after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server
> > but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://testcrm:8082" and click
> > next button
> > but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service
> > location is not avaliable" and can't install it.
> > -_-' . but i can access "http://testcrm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and
> > "http://testcrm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ?

Setting up Server information
I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various email account types I can use as I have an email address with yahoo and msn. -- Microsoft questioning "inevitable" <inevitable@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E8A5145-F746-40B1-B40F-48AD423E816E@microsoft.com... >I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server > information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various > email > account types I can use as I have an ema...

Last reboot of Server 2008
In previous versions of Server you could run Net Statistics Server from a command line and it was give you the time that the server was last rebooted with "Statistics Since:". But in Server 2008 I get "Statistics Since 1/1/1980 12:00am". That's obviously not right, and the system time on the server is correct. Is there something comparable in 2008, to get the time of the last reboot, without searching through Event Viewer? Thanks "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> said this in news item news:uFjXySVjKHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... ...

Developing on a CRM3 server in a different domain
Hi there Alongside our current CRM3 server which has our live company data, I have created a ghost machine which holds a CRM3 server for the purpose of developing CRM solutions for clients. I have installed this CRM3 server on a different domain. I am trying to write a post-callout on this server using Visual Studio .NET on my development box which is located on our main company domain. However, when adding a Web Reference I can't seem to find the correct address for the web reference. I updated this CRM3 development server from a CRM1.2 server image I had set up for this particular clie...

Bridgehead Server 5.5 X Exchange
Hey. . I have a doubt about Exchange 2003 x Exchange 5.5 Bridgehead servers. Should I upgrade/install new Exchange 2003 Bridgehead Servers to substitute Exchange 5.5 Bridgehead servers before install my first Exchange 2003 Mailbox Server (in the same organization) I read it is a best practice but I have a lot of Bridgehead and I'm going to consolidate sites and I want to know the issues in upgrade/install or not my bridgehead servers Thank RTS 2003 bridgeheads upgraded in pairs will use 8bitmime for data transfers rather than the 7bit used with 5.5 ( once you go native).That is a good...

Foundation and Server
Is Sharepoint Foundation 2010 an essential if I am going to install Sharepoint Server 2010? ...

Disable recall message on the server
Hi, Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our server. We are using Exch 2003 sp1. Thanks, Debra In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server > side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook > client, but management would like to make it so it never works on...

Server error
Hi all i m sending this request to google server GET http://www.google.com/reader/atom/%s/private/full HTTP/1.0\r \nAuthorization: GoogleLogin auth=%s\r\n\r\n" , strUserName(Usermailid) , strAuthKey(Authtikation key) ); it is giving such kind of Message (The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.<p></p> Please try again in 30 seconds.) So firstly i waited for some time but after waiting such a long time it is giving same kind of Message . one other query if the url is wrong then it gives the same kind of message or somethin...

Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address
Hi, Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook Client uses to syncronise? -- Thanks in advance Chris Hi Chris, You can make this change by editing the following registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl. The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits! HTH, Niths "BoltonWolf" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook > Client uses to syncronise? > -- > Thanks in advance > Chris Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'...

Outlook Setup Error: Server not yet upgraded
Hey all, I have a MS CRM 3.0 client working fine for months now. Seems that one user left, so they repurposed their laptop for a new hire (without removing CRM first). When I try to install the Outlook client, I get this error: Microsoft CRM for Outlook setup error: Your Microsoft CRM Server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade Microsoft CRM Server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft CRM for Outlook again. Sounds like there are some old entries in the registry ? Anybody come across this, and better yet, know of a solution? Thanks, Dave Dave, never see your error but t...

Outlook not removing deleted messages from server
I have a gmail account and Outlook 2007 is configured to leave the messages on the POP3 server, but to remove the messages from the server when deleted from the "deleted items" folder. So, I downloaded all of my email (approx 17,000 messages), deleted some messages I don't want any more and emptied the "deleted items" folder, but the messages are not removed from the server. I've tried it several times in several different ways, always with the same result. I can delete the local copy on my PC, but the server copy is never removed. "sparx&qu...

CRM 4.0 Client Rollups ( all of them) fail
All- Have a CRM 4.0 install and have applied the rollups to 4 level- all server rollups went fine. When trying to apply a roll up ( I tried 1 2 4 and 5 ) I am getting a failure Thanks for the look! here is part of the log- 11:17:56| Info| === Managed setup logging started: 7/10/2009 11:17:56 AM === 11:17:56|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.UpdateSetup.Initialize 11:17:56|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize 11:17:56|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize 11:17:56|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWra...

SFO CRM folders won't display page
SFO appeared to install correctly. The CRM toolbar buttons work fine in SFO. But when I click on a CRM folder such as accounts, I get the following Action Canceled error. I am running CRM 1.2 and this is on a Windows XP client. I have installed the SP2 and SFO enhancement patches and cleared forms cache in Outlook. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SFO. SFO works fine on all other laptops within our organization. Here is the error which occurs when I select any folder within SFO/CRM. Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might ...

Outlook Client on CRM 1.2 Server Box for Demos
Hi, Did a CRM 1.2 install on Windows 2003 Server and all is working well. I have been seeing things on this newsgroup that say I should be able to install the Outlook client as well on this machine although it is an unsupported configuration. This is for demo's only. I am running it under Virtual PC. I would like to not have to have 2 Virtual PC images running just to show the Outlook integration to CRM. When I try to install the Outlook client I get a message at the start saying that the Outlook client is already installed. It is not. Suggestions anyone? Alan ...

Removing last 5.5 server
We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. The ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new one. While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the properties from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I have followed all of the other instructions from the MS...

How to display XML string returned by CRM Accountobject.retrive me
Hi All, Please let me know how i can display the query results fetched from crm database into Datagrid directly. Any help is appreciated. "Vijay Kr. Poriya" wrote: > Hi All, > > Please let me know how i can display the query results fetched from crm > database into Datagrid directly. > > Any help is appreciated. > > Vijay - I assume that you are referring to using the CRMAccount.Retrieve method documented at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2crmaccountretrievemethod.asp This method will retrie...

Read XML into Dataset and load SQL server table from Dataset
Hello all, I am working on a project with the following characteristics: 1. Load data from a SQL server table to an xml file 2. Read the xml file into a dataset. 3. Load data from the dataset into another SQL server table. I was able to accomplish the first objective. I used the following code to read the generated xml file into a dataset. Dim strXml As String = "C:\Customers.xml" Dim sr As StreamReader = New StreamReader(strXml) Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet ds.ReadXml(sr, XmlReadMode.IgnoreSchema) How can I traverse in the dataset and post each row to my desired table on ...

Integration GP 8.0 with CRM 3.0
Hi. i'm newbie in GP but i have been know CRM 3.0, i want to do integration between GP and CRM using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP. After all installation and configuration, the integration was work. I add an account in CRM then the account which i was added is display in GP (as customer). But why the order between GP and CRM can't integrate? I was follow the instruction in the integration guide. The guide book says that the tax details, tax schedules, shipping methods, payment terms, unit of measure, unit of measure schedules, price groups, price le...

Outlook and Windows installer
When I try to reinstall MS Outlook on a Windows XP (NTFS) machine I get a message: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." Ive tried repairing and reinstalling the installers to no avail. Anybody have an idea? Thanks. ...

FTP upload to Server
I'd like to use the Save-On-Close Macro to automatically perform an FTP upload to save the file to my server site. Before I try to write the macro code, I need to figure out how to do it manually. I'm running Excel97 under WinXP. I could probably write (with lots of learning) a .bat file to do the job using a separate FTP application, but then I'd have to install that file on all machines from which file was to be uploaded. The help menu says: On File Menu - Click "Save as" in "save in" box, click internet locations (FTP) [ I only find a comman...

CRM Mobile Express Error 10-23-06
Hi, i installed CRM Mobile Express, it works almost fine. When access in any entity, example Opportunitties, it shows, but the opportunity details, send this error: Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.We...

MOM 2005 and SQL Server 2005
Hello, I'm not having much luck searching through the knowledge base or the newsgroup to find definate information. What is the current status of trying to run MOM 2005 using SQL Server 2005 instead of SQL Server 2000? Some posts seem to indicate SP1 should allow it to work, even if it's still technically unsupported. Is that the case? Since I'll get charged for another media set from our vendor to get the new MOM SP1 CD since everything I've seen says slipstreaming isn't possible. I'd like to make sure it'll work before I purchase a second copy of the CD set....

CRM Report erro on SQL server web
Can anyone help out with this --tya Server Error in '/Reports' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll' could not be found Source Error: [No relevant source lines] Source File: Line:...

Unable to install 12.1.7
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello Just ran the AutoUpdate and downloaded but Office installer reports I am not able to install this version as the required version is not installed. Any got same issue? <rolandjyoung@officeformac.com> wrote: > Hello > > Just ran the AutoUpdate and downloaded but Office installer reports I am > not able to install this version as the required version is not > installed. Do you have the EWS beta?? If yes, they are not compatible. Corentin -- --- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cort...

sql sp4 to server
If I apply sql 2000 sp4 do I also need to apply sp4 to the desktop engine on my laptop clients using outlook client? I meant to say that If I apply sql sp4 to the CRM server (which is running sql locally) will I also need to aplly sp4 to the MSDE instances on my laptop users PC's using the Outlook client? Sorry just a little anxious\nervous when it comes to CRM 1.2. Trying to get to CRM 3.0 "dstinnett" wrote: > If I apply sql 2000 sp4 do I also need to apply sp4 to the desktop engine on > my laptop clients using outlook client? Yes sp4 is required for the msde. ...

What next, CRM implementation.
I have installed the CRM software and MSSQL with SP3 on my test server. Still need to set up an Exchange 2000 test server with dummy users that only need to send mail internally. I want to set up my system for test with the sample database, and integration with Exchange 2000. Could someone shortly give a description on what the steps are for the whole system to be up and running. (i am a newbie to CRM), and if possible an estimated timeframe. The server is windows 2003 running AD in native mode. I realize that the time used is very individual, but i need an estimate for my boss for when he ca...