Can't connect to CRM server from Outlook 2007

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed updated CRM client for Outlook 2007, but
after starting Outlook, I get the message box saying:

An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality.
Try restarting Microsoft Outlook.
Contact your system administrator if errors persist.

In event log I find these errors:

There was a problem connecting or authenticating to the Microsoft CRM
server.  Close down Microsoft Outlook and restart. HR=0x80070002. Context=.
Function=CAddin::HrStartLogonScreen. Line=1427.

There was a problem connecting or authenticating to the Microsoft CRM
server.  Close down Microsoft Outlook and restart. HR=0x80070002. Context=.
Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=287.

There was an error setting or clearing the cookie used in identifying
Microsoft CRM clients.  Microsoft CRM folder home pages may render
incorrectly inside the view pane.  Check Internet Explorer cookie settings
and restart Microsoft Outlook. HR=0x80131534. Context=.
Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=315.

There were a warning during installation of CRM Client, because CRM server
doesn't use SSL, but it's just a worning so I think it should work even with
http:

I can connect to CRM server using IE without problems.
CRM server is listed in trusted sites list.

Same problem occures in Windows Vista / IE 7  and in Windows XP / IE 6
environments.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Jul 25, 6:52 am, Vladas <Vla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded and installed updated CRM client for Outlook 2007, but
> after starting Outlook, I get the message box saying:
>
> An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality.
> Try restarting Microsoft Outlook.
> Contact your system administrator if errors persist.
>
> In event log I find these errors:
>
> There was a problem connecting or authenticating to the Microsoft CRM
> server.  Close down Microsoft Outlook and restart. HR=0x80070002. Context=.
> Function=CAddin::HrStartLogonScreen. Line=1427.
>
> There was a problem connecting or authenticating to the Microsoft CRM
> server.  Close down Microsoft Outlook and restart. HR=0x80070002. Context=.
> Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=287.
>
> There was an error setting or clearing the cookie used in identifying
> Microsoft CRM clients.  Microsoft CRM folder home pages may render
> incorrectly inside the view pane.  Check Internet Explorer cookie settings
> and restart Microsoft Outlook. HR=0x80131534. Context=.
> Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=315.
>
> There were a warning during installation of CRM Client, because CRM server
> doesn't use SSL, but it's just a worning so I think it should work even with
> http:
>
> I can connect to CRM server using IE without problems.
> CRM server is listed in trusted sites list.
>
> Same problem occures in Windows Vista / IE 7  and in Windows XP / IE 6
> environments.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

Outlook cant prompt for the crm server credentials. To verify
everything is working correct Type the Server URL in IE. It should
take you directly into the CRM App. Try adding the CRM server URL in
the LOCAL INTRANET ZONE, under IE > Options > Security

Let me know the Outcome

James Laws

0
InFiNiTeX
7/26/2007 12:47:28 AM
> Outlook cant prompt for the crm server credentials. To verify
> everything is working correct Type the Server URL in IE. It should
> take you directly into the CRM App. Try adding the CRM server URL in
> the LOCAL INTRANET ZONE, under IE > Options > Security
>
> Let me know the Outcome
>
> James Laws

Thanks for your reply.

CRM works fine with IE. My Windows user account is used for CRM, and no
additional login is required.
Changing CRM server from Trusted Sites to Local Intranet didn't helped. I
get the same error massages.
We don't use Exchange server for our mail. Can it be of any problem?
Outlook 2003 with old CRM client is working fine. (I will try to check if
Outlook 2003 will work with updated CRM Client today).

Do you have any other suggestions?

On Jul 26, 2:58 am, Vladas <Vla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Outlook cant prompt for the crm server credentials. To verify
> > everything is working correct Type the Server URL in IE. It should
> > take you directly into the CRM App. Try adding the CRM server URL in
> > the LOCAL INTRANET ZONE, under IE > Options > Security
>
> > Let me know the Outcome
>
> > James Laws
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> CRM works fine with IE. My Windows user account is used for CRM, and no
> additional login is required.
> Changing CRM server from Trusted Sites to Local Intranet didn't helped. I
> get the same error massages.
> We don't use Exchange server for our mail. Can it be of any problem?
> Outlook 2003 with old CRM client is working fine. (I will try to check if
> Outlook 2003 will work with updated CRM Client today).
>
> Do you have any other suggestions?

You are using the V3C release of the client correct? Have you also
applied Rollup 2 for the client?  Can you send me a few screen shots?

0
InFiNiTeX
7/26/2007 1:11:24 PM
> You are using the V3C release of the client correct? Have you also
> applied Rollup 2 for the client?  Can you send me a few screen shots?

It appears I have downloaded the wrong version of CRM client. It was for
hosted version. After downloading V3C release everythink works fine.

Thanks for your help

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Reporting from Project Server

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007