Can't choose the right CRM !

Hi,

May be not the right place to post but is there someone to help me to choose 
the right application (Axapta, CRM, Navision, Salomon ...).

I'm searching for a simple but powerfull application to manage all the 
inquiries to my company (all the leads). I want to keep track of the call, 
what the customer want, create a folder with an ID to have a reference, what 
we done after we made an offer (send email, have a phone call, ...).
I want to make an offer and qualified it so later I can know the amount for 
a product, a custmer, ...

Regards

Pierre
0
Utf
9/1/2005 1:00:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

6 Replies
363 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 37

Your requirements are all met by Microsoft CRM. The others applications you 
list are not appropriate

--

Peter Lynch

"PierreDa" <PierreDa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B49C148C-8251-4A74-B25A-D8193DF9949B@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> May be not the right place to post but is there someone to help me to 
> choose
> the right application (Axapta, CRM, Navision, Salomon ...).
>
> I'm searching for a simple but powerfull application to manage all the
> inquiries to my company (all the leads). I want to keep track of the call,
> what the customer want, create a folder with an ID to have a reference, 
> what
> we done after we made an offer (send email, have a phone call, ...).
> I want to make an offer and qualified it so later I can know the amount 
> for
> a product, a custmer, ...
>
> Regards
>
> Pierre 


0
Peter
9/1/2005 4:52:02 PM
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 06:00:03 -0700, "PierreDa"
<PierreDa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>May be not the right place to post but is there someone to help me to choose 
>the right application (Axapta, CRM, Navision, Salomon ...).
>
>I'm searching for a simple but powerfull application to manage all the 
>inquiries to my company (all the leads). I want to keep track of the call, 
>what the customer want, create a folder with an ID to have a reference, what 
>we done after we made an offer (send email, have a phone call, ...).
>I want to make an offer and qualified it so later I can know the amount for 
>a product, a custmer, ...
>
>Regards
>
>Pierre

Of course, by asking the question in a microsoft.crm group you will
get a biased answer!

Microsoft CRM will do most, but not all of what you want and it is
most definitaly not a simple application. The other products,
certainly when compared to MS CRM 1.2, are more mature capable and
powerful but MS are promising an upgraded version of CRM soon although
that soon is not before 2006 for a general release to market.

So if it's an immediate requirement then you would be better off with
one of the other products if you can put off the decision then asking
the question again next year might get a a different answer.

JB

0
JB
9/2/2005 9:44:20 AM
Ok thanks. Will wait for the new release.

Regards

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Your requirements are all met by Microsoft CRM. The others applications you 
> list are not appropriate
> 
> --
> 
> Peter Lynch
> 
> "PierreDa" <PierreDa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:B49C148C-8251-4A74-B25A-D8193DF9949B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > May be not the right place to post but is there someone to help me to 
> > choose
> > the right application (Axapta, CRM, Navision, Salomon ...).
> >
> > I'm searching for a simple but powerfull application to manage all the
> > inquiries to my company (all the leads). I want to keep track of the call,
> > what the customer want, create a folder with an ID to have a reference, 
> > what
> > we done after we made an offer (send email, have a phone call, ...).
> > I want to make an offer and qualified it so later I can know the amount 
> > for
> > a product, a custmer, ...
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Pierre 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
9/2/2005 9:58:02 AM
Hum hum ... the problem is I don't see exactly the difference between some 
products.
I will wait for the new release of CRM (3.0). I'm also looking to 
"salesforce" but ... chuuuuutt ;-)

Regards

Pierre

"JB" wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 06:00:03 -0700, "PierreDa"
> <PierreDa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >Hi,
> >
> >May be not the right place to post but is there someone to help me to choose 
> >the right application (Axapta, CRM, Navision, Salomon ...).
> >
> >I'm searching for a simple but powerfull application to manage all the 
> >inquiries to my company (all the leads). I want to keep track of the call, 
> >what the customer want, create a folder with an ID to have a reference, what 
> >we done after we made an offer (send email, have a phone call, ...).
> >I want to make an offer and qualified it so later I can know the amount for 
> >a product, a custmer, ...
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Pierre
> 
> Of course, by asking the question in a microsoft.crm group you will
> get a biased answer!
> 
> Microsoft CRM will do most, but not all of what you want and it is
> most definitaly not a simple application. The other products,
> certainly when compared to MS CRM 1.2, are more mature capable and
> powerful but MS are promising an upgraded version of CRM soon although
> that soon is not before 2006 for a general release to market.
> 
> So if it's an immediate requirement then you would be better off with
> one of the other products if you can put off the decision then asking
> the question again next year might get a a different answer.
> 
> JB
> 
> 
0
Utf
9/2/2005 10:02:10 AM
Just remember that when CRM3 appears it may still lag the competition
in power, maturity and capability. Then again it may not but for now
its an impossible to answer question.

JB

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 03:02:10 -0700, "PierreDa"
<PierreDa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hum hum ... the problem is I don't see exactly the difference between some 
>products.
>I will wait for the new release of CRM (3.0). I'm also looking to 
>"salesforce" but ... chuuuuutt ;-)
>
>Regards
>
>Pierre
>
>"JB" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 06:00:03 -0700, "PierreDa"
>> <PierreDa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> 
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >May be not the right place to post but is there someone to help me to choose 
>> >the right application (Axapta, CRM, Navision, Salomon ...).
>> >
>> >I'm searching for a simple but powerfull application to manage all the 
>> >inquiries to my company (all the leads). I want to keep track of the call, 
>> >what the customer want, create a folder with an ID to have a reference, what 
>> >we done after we made an offer (send email, have a phone call, ...).
>> >I want to make an offer and qualified it so later I can know the amount for 
>> >a product, a custmer, ...
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >
>> >Pierre
>> 
>> Of course, by asking the question in a microsoft.crm group you will
>> get a biased answer!
>> 
>> Microsoft CRM will do most, but not all of what you want and it is
>> most definitaly not a simple application. The other products,
>> certainly when compared to MS CRM 1.2, are more mature capable and
>> powerful but MS are promising an upgraded version of CRM soon although
>> that soon is not before 2006 for a general release to market.
>> 
>> So if it's an immediate requirement then you would be better off with
>> one of the other products if you can put off the decision then asking
>> the question again next year might get a a different answer.
>> 
>> JB
>> 
>> 

0
JB
9/2/2005 10:20:53 AM
I am just learning Mscrm...and here is my 2 cents

I am a big fan of smaller solutions. I came from the goldmine world. Don't 
let the cheap price fool you, it is a good platform if developed properly. 
However, I continuously ran into issues due to its inflexiblility...and I 
know this is a common issue with other solutions.

What has really impressed me about mscrm, is the thought they put into the 
foundational structure of the application. Allowing it to be both flexible, 
yet not a nightmare to develop. The fact that the workflow can fuction with 
custom entities means that you can be extrememly creative in your development.

If you are looking for just a simple solution... maybe look at some of the 
lower end products. But if you expect that you may further develop this 
system with some serious automation, I would take a hard look at MSCRM... you 
can do more with it, with less custom coding. The only drawback I see at the 
moment, is that it can use some improvment on the UI....but there are some 
nice 3rd. party tools that address that.

hth, and remember...I am just a noob with mscrm atm.

"JB" wrote:

> Just remember that when CRM3 appears it may still lag the competition
> in power, maturity and capability. Then again it may not but for now
> its an impossible to answer question.
> 
> JB
> 
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 03:02:10 -0700, "PierreDa"
> <PierreDa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >Hum hum ... the problem is I don't see exactly the difference between some 
> >products.
> >I will wait for the new release of CRM (3.0). I'm also looking to 
> >"salesforce" but ... chuuuuutt ;-)
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Pierre
> >
> >"JB" wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 06:00:03 -0700, "PierreDa"
> >> <PierreDa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> 
> >> >Hi,
> >> >
> >> >May be not the right place to post but is there someone to help me to choose 
> >> >the right application (Axapta, CRM, Navision, Salomon ...).
> >> >
> >> >I'm searching for a simple but powerfull application to manage all the 
> >> >inquiries to my company (all the leads). I want to keep track of the call, 
> >> >what the customer want, create a folder with an ID to have a reference, what 
> >> >we done after we made an offer (send email, have a phone call, ...).
> >> >I want to make an offer and qualified it so later I can know the amount for 
> >> >a product, a custmer, ...
> >> >
> >> >Regards
> >> >
> >> >Pierre
> >> 
> >> Of course, by asking the question in a microsoft.crm group you will
> >> get a biased answer!
> >> 
> >> Microsoft CRM will do most, but not all of what you want and it is
> >> most definitaly not a simple application. The other products,
> >> certainly when compared to MS CRM 1.2, are more mature capable and
> >> powerful but MS are promising an upgraded version of CRM soon although
> >> that soon is not before 2006 for a general release to market.
> >> 
> >> So if it's an immediate requirement then you would be better off with
> >> one of the other products if you can put off the decision then asking
> >> the question again next year might get a a different answer.
> >> 
> >> JB
> >> 
> >> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
9/20/2006 4:33:03 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

CRM 3 Picklist Cache
When adding new Picklist values via the CRM browser "Customization | Lead | Attributes | Leadsourcecode" interface, the new values appear whenever the picklist is viewed on the customization screen. However, they are not propogated to other screens, nor do they appear in the actual StringMap SQL table . Running IISRESET on the CRM server does not help. How are these values supposed to be propogated, and how can I force an immediate update. Thanks, Jim You need to publish the customized entity. You do not need to do an iisreset in 3.0 -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogs...

CRM 1.2 Security Service will not start
This morning I am having an interesting error. Security Service did not start after reboot. When I tried to start it manually, an error appeared: Could not start the Microsoft CRM Security Service service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. I have no descriptive error in the Event Log. Hi Kerem, I see you posted this yesterday, have you been able to get the service started since then? If not, what account do you have the service set to start under? Has the account changed since installation? If so, make sure that ...

Data Refreshes on CRM v3
All, I was wondering if anyone has found a solution for this, we have multiple environments for our CRM, DEV/TEST/Hotfix for the hotfix environment, the hotfix is of course in a different OU to the live CRM Box, with its own users groups. I would like to preform a data refresh on the hotfix environment on daily basis, but without going throught the rigmorall of uninstalling CRM, using the redisribution wizard and then reinstalling CRM. Has anyone run into a decent solution or tools to allow me to do this? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Regards Iain ...

Access CRM data for outside the network
Hello All, I would like to know if it is possible to access my CRM data outside of my network (via a web page NOT VPN). I would like customers an other consultants that work for me to have access to the data from anywhere any time with the proper credentials of course. I attempted to configure all unassigned IP's in IIS but I was unable to access it externally. I am using CRM 3.0 on a SBS 2003 Server (plain vanilla configuration). Any Ideas or how to's on this? Please and Thank you, Be Blessed KB There are few options regarding this. 1. View webpage, you have to make it ...

CRM Exchange Mail Router for SBS
I setup a mailbox to be used by the CRM Exchange Mail Router running on SBS 2003. The CRM mail worked fine in CRM 1.2 on this box, but now all email is being returned to our CRM users when they try to send mail. I have the CRM mailbox address set as crmmail@domainname.local. Is this not correct? Should I have it set to crmmail@domainname.com even though our .com email comes through an ISP, not through Exchange? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

CRM 3.0 Saless process
hi will it work to run more than one subprocess in work flow stage i have to run subprocess in sales stage because direct condition are not taking in the stage so i am using subprocess please help me out ...

CRM 4.0 -- New Activity Type?
I know the issue of creating new activity types has been dealt with and swatted down regarding CRM <= 3.0, but anybody know if it's finally possible in 4.0? Microsoft, if you're listening, why isn't this happening? I've seen posts requesting the ability to create new Activity types since 1.0...? Thanks! -Gus Nope - still the same If you think about it it isnt really as easy as you might think. "Gus" <gwelter@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e58820c9-988f-4f1d-870c-4ce7945b5676@n75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I know the issue of creating new activi...

Errors when saving under CRM 3.0 within Outlook
I am getting errors while trying to save any type of record in Leads and Activities. The error message gives me the option of Retry or Cancel. 25% of the time Retry works. More often - I am forced to Cancel and I loose the information in the Lead or Activity that I am trying to save. Config - Outlook 2003, CRM 3.0 running on IBM notebook with Windows XP and latest Service Packs. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? -- Teddy Burriss ...

General placement of CRM in enterprise
I am investingating MS CRM for my business. We are looking to replace a in-house developed system that handles sales and account management. This includes initial contacts, sales (registrations) and payments and account balances. There are a number of transactions, such as cancellations, transfers, discounts etc. that we would need to handle. I have been having a hard time defining exactly what MS CRM will do from the standard web sites. Where is the documentation, etc.? Thank you for any help you can provide. Tom ...

MS CRM System Admin & End User Training & demos
I am preparing to implement the MS CRM solution in the company where I work. I would like to prepare the End Users by directing them to Demos of the system. Does Microsoft offer online CRM demos and if so, do you have a link? Also, what training resources are available online? Our company is a Gold Partner with Microsoft. Thanks, Donna here is a link where you can get demos http://www.microsoft.com/businessSolutions/Microsoft%20Customer%20Relationship%20Management/default.mspx Microsoft also has e-courses available which you can run through the web Good luck with your deployment ...

Custom context menu (right-click) in Word 2007?
The only info I have managed to find on this is something like "you do this the same for 2007 as for 2003". The only example I've found for 2003 was using VSTO and programmatically creating a commandbar with commandbarbuttons on the right-click event of a bookmark within a document. Could someone point me in the right direction for a way to do this when right-clicking in a Content Control, please? Also - I would like to add custom function calls to the end of *existing* right-click menus - is this possible? Thanks lots! -- Big Dave UK x Gah. When I posted this I wasn...

Rollup 1 and Custom Add On's (MS-CRM Word)
I have the Word anf GroupCalender from MS-CRM Addons. Will the Rollup1 affect these? Thanks, Lloyd Hello Lloyd, No. The Rollup will not affect GroupCalendar or WordMailMerge. Regards, Christian Ternek _________________________ www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! WordMailMerge for MS CRM GroupCalendar for MS CRM Telephone Integration for MS CRM EmailSignature for MS CRM > I have the Word anf GroupCalender from MS-CRM Addons. Will the Rollup1 > affect these? > > Thanks, Lloyd > Temptus has WordConnect as full Office integration with Microsoft CRM 3.0...

CRM Installation 09-19-05
Hello, I want to install CRM client version for users who can log on to either machine. One machine can be logged on by any user. Do I need to install the CRM client version only one time which can be used by any user or I need to install on the CRM server and load it from there? Thank you, DK I think I might need to install it on the server because I tried to install with local Admin user for each machine but I couldn't see the program when I logged on with a CRM user. And each CRM user doesn't have privillege to install it too. What should I do. Anyone has any idea for t...

Create CRM 4.0 Workflow Templates
Am I nuts, or just missing something obvious... In CRM 4.0 Workflow, you can create a new Workflow, or select from a Template. HOWEVER, I've found absolutely no way of saving my Workflow Rule as a Template. Nor anyway to create a Workflow Template. What gives?? -- MD ...

CRM Easy Print for Report
What is 'Easy Print' for CRM reports? And, how can I obtain information in regard to the 'Easy Print' option of a CRM report? Thank you in advance for your assistance. ...

CRM Connector for GP Installation error
HI I need any help. I've got errors during installation Integration part, something wrong with Mbs Integration Setup. Here is a part of the log: 01.06.2006 : 10:33:36 :DEBUG :BTSInstallerClass :Install :Installing MBS Integration BTS Component C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP DEV\IntUser 01.06.2006 : 10:33:36 :DEBUG :BTSInstallerClass :Install :install Dir = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP strConfigFilePathC:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Microsoft Dynamics CRM C...

E-Mail Router: All incoming Mails are routed twice in CRM
Hello, we have the problem, that all incomming mails are routed twice to CRM. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks and regards, Stefan ...

CRM 3.0 SBE for Good Customers
I have talked to 12 new potential customers for Microsoft CRM all who have substaintial investments in Microsoft Servers, in some cases on multiple servers. Size wise they are small business - some less than the 15-user SB pricing level of vs 1.2. 3.0 SBE is programmed to only install on SBS 2003 (Premium). This is very upsetting to the target small Business customer of Microsoft CRM and subsequently loosing a lot of customers - not budgeted in competitive comparison of other CRM's for the much higher cost Professional edition. I have 12 prospects that would be happy to talk to Mi...

Problem with cookies in CRM 3.0
Hello all, We have a small problem with our deployment of CRM 3.0. Nothing that affects work but still a bug. Basically, once in a while accounts that are assigned with Admin rights in CRM lose the Settings tab in the main CRM view (in IE6). To solve the problem we just delete the CRM server cookie in c:\documents and settings\username\cookies and everything is back to normal. Anyone out there who knows why this happenes? BR, GAZ Probably because they also have the CRM Outlook client open at that moment. It's a known "issue". If you do a search on this newsgroup you shou...

right click
how can I ban right clicks on my pages - I dont really want people to click wrongly on buttons. also how would I stop the code for me to work on it though!! Amy You can use a event for this Copy this in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeRightClick(ByVal Sh As Object, _ ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub See Chip Pearson's site also http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "amy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1df101c50c2b$bf1fb360$a...

Using Dynamic Data in a CRM 3.0 Workflow
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a manual workflow prompt for data to be used in an update? The situation is we have to clean up over 20,000 orders where we need to add a contact ID (Vantage ID) number for each contact to connect to the order. I would like to create a workflow that our data entry clerk can used to select a group of order records using Advance Find then run a manual workflow where it would prompt for the Contacts Vantage ID number. This would then allow a nightly process to create and update the records. If anyone has run across this type of requirement and...

CRM 3.0 Add Account address to contacts
Hello, Im new to CRM and SQL server. We have a fairly large (too large for me to sit there and do this manually) database. Unfortunately most of the contacts have been added to CRM under Contacts > new contact. Instead of the Account being opened and then the new contacts added via the "new contacts" button. (Which adds the account details to the contact) This means that most of the Contacts do not have their Accounts address details. Is there a way (probably an SQL statement on the SQL server?) to add Account address details to all contacts associated to the account...

Excel should let me adjust the left to right (width) margin for a.
If you set page margins to 0.5 the header/footer margins stay at what appears to be 0.75. I can not believe there is no way to change this. If it is it is not documented or is very hard to find. Believe! The Header and Footer margins cannot be moved outwards from their fixed position. You can move them inwards by padding with spaces but that's it. I have never seen documentation from MS Excel Help other than changing top and bottom position for headers/footers, but it may be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 08:57:01 -0800, Zip250 <Zip250@discussions.microsoft.com...

Prompt for choosing category at receiving/sending mail
Can anyone tell me how I can force an Outlook 2003 user to choose a category when he recieves/sends mail? When I try to create a rule I have to choose the categories already, this is not what I want. The user must automatically get the dialog to choose a category at the moment he receives/sends mail. ...

email routing in CRM
Hi, We are unable to route emails into CRM. Outgoing emails from CRM work fine but a reply always ends up in Outlook instead of CRM. We are trying to use CRM for helpdesk functionality. All the steps mentioned on page 73 and 186 of the implementation guide were followed but even then we are unable to figure out the problem. We want all emails, to say support@abc.com, to be routed into CRM instead of Outlook. Thank you, Salil Emails coming back should show up in both Outlook and CRM. Are you testing internal emails? Because the router isn't triggered by internal emails, only ones...