Can't add field by deployment manager

Hi all

I have two questions about ENTERPRISE_NAME_MSCRM data base, any help is very
apreciated.

First, I can´t add fields via Deployment Manager, I get the following error
messages when trying to add a field:

   dmLog: sp_repladdcolumn failed. - No se pudo agregar la columna
'CFMProductExtra' a la tabla 'InvoiceDetailBase'.

   dmLog: Failed to add new Memo attribute (CFMProductExtra) to
InvoiceDetail entity.

The second question is about extra tables in that MSCRM data base.
In the SQL Server Enterprise Manager, when i look in the Tables section of
the ENTERPRISE_NAME_MSCRM data base, i get the following tables:

AccountBase
AccountLeads
CompetitorSalesLiterature
conflict_CRMPub-EMPRESA__MSCRM_AccountBase
conflict_CRMPub-EMPRESA__MSCRM_AccountLeads
....etc

There is a conflict_CRMPub_... table for each 'normal' table from
AccountBase to UserSettingBase
The normal tables were created on 28/09/2004 and the type column value is USER
The 'new' conflict tables were created on 22/02/2005 and the type column is
SYSTEM

This table could be the cause of the adding problem??
Is it safe to delete the 'new' tables, all them are empty.

Thanks a lot
Carlos Alva

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Don't delete any of the tables in the MSCRM database. The conflict tables are
used for replication. One possible reason you can't add a field in Deployment
Manager is that you have exceed the SQL 8k row limit. Are you getting an
error message when you try to add a field? I would guess you are probably
trying to add a field to the Contact entity, and you have already added a
number of them. The Contact entity is already near the limit out of the box,
so a little customization can max it out. One workaround is to "highjack"
unused fields. For instance, you can use the emailaddress3 field for
something else, just rename it and relabel it on your form.
HTH
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Carlos A." wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have two questions about ENTERPRISE_NAME_MSCRM data base, any help is very
> apreciated.
>
> First, I can´t add fields via Deployment Manager, I get the following error
> messages when trying to add a field:
>
>    dmLog: sp_repladdcolumn failed. - No se pudo agregar la columna
> 'CFMProductExtra' a la tabla 'InvoiceDetailBase'.
>
>    dmLog: Failed to add new Memo attribute (CFMProductExtra) to
> InvoiceDetail entity.
>
> The second question is about extra tables in that MSCRM data base.
> In the SQL Server Enterprise Manager, when i look in the Tables section of
> the ENTERPRISE_NAME_MSCRM data base, i get the following tables:
>
> AccountBase
> AccountLeads
> CompetitorSalesLiterature
> conflict_CRMPub-EMPRESA__MSCRM_AccountBase
> conflict_CRMPub-EMPRESA__MSCRM_AccountLeads
> ...etc
>
> There is a conflict_CRMPub_... table for each 'normal' table from
> AccountBase to UserSettingBase
> The normal tables were created on 28/09/2004 and the type column value is USER
> The 'new' conflict tables were created on 22/02/2005 and the type column is
> SYSTEM
>
> This table could be the cause of the adding problem??
> Is it safe to delete the 'new' tables, all them are empty.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Carlos Alva

I've had exactly this error. See this post

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_frm/thread/cda283f724a7080b/6ae9006df03fb4dc?q=greenhalgh+crm&rnum=3&hl=en#6ae9006df03fb4dc

If you are using Sales For Outlook in offline mode you are limited to 6000
bytes and 246 fields on any entity, not the more common limit of 8000 bytes.

"MattNC" wrote:

> Don't delete any of the tables in the MSCRM database. The conflict tables are
> used for replication. One possible reason you can't add a field in Deployment
> Manager is that you have exceed the SQL 8k row limit. Are you getting an
> error message when you try to add a field? I would guess you are probably
> trying to add a field to the Contact entity, and you have already added a
> number of them. The Contact entity is already near the limit out of the box,
> so a little customization can max it out. One workaround is to "highjack"
> unused fields. For instance, you can use the emailaddress3 field for
> something else, just rename it and relabel it on your form.
> HTH
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Carlos A." wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have two questions about ENTERPRISE_NAME_MSCRM data base, any help is very
> > apreciated.
> >
> > First, I can´t add fields via Deployment Manager, I get the following error
> > messages when trying to add a field:
> >
> >    dmLog: sp_repladdcolumn failed. - No se pudo agregar la columna
> > 'CFMProductExtra' a la tabla 'InvoiceDetailBase'.
> >
> >    dmLog: Failed to add new Memo attribute (CFMProductExtra) to
> > InvoiceDetail entity.
> >
> > The second question is about extra tables in that MSCRM data base.
> > In the SQL Server Enterprise Manager, when i look in the Tables section of
> > the ENTERPRISE_NAME_MSCRM data base, i get the following tables:
> >
> > AccountBase
> > AccountLeads
> > CompetitorSalesLiterature
> > conflict_CRMPub-EMPRESA__MSCRM_AccountBase
> > conflict_CRMPub-EMPRESA__MSCRM_AccountLeads
> > ...etc
> >
> > There is a conflict_CRMPub_... table for each 'normal' table from
> > AccountBase to UserSettingBase
> > The normal tables were created on 28/09/2004 and the type column value is USER
> > The 'new' conflict tables were created on 22/02/2005 and the type column is
> > SYSTEM
> >
> > This table could be the cause of the adding problem??
> > Is it safe to delete the 'new' tables, all them are empty.
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> > Carlos Alva

Query fields
Is it possible to write a criteria where the value of an empty field is "0.00"? Background: I have three queries with different customer account groups. Not every salesperson has customer accounts in every accountgroup - so, he will not shown up in that query. But he has accounts included in another query. Now, I would like to get a sum of commission earned by each salesman calculated from all three queries together. Since the salesman has no record in one query the total sum of that specific salesman is not shown. Any idea how to solve that problem? Thanks Klaus On Wed, 29 A...

Solver add-in and macros
I just got a new computer with XP and Excel 2003 and tried to run a macro that used to SOLVER add-in function and got a compile error. As a test I recorded a macro using the SOLVER and got the same result when I tried to run that macro. The Compile Error is "Sub or Function not defined". On the Knowledge Base it says I need to add SOLVER to the list of References in the VB Editor. When I go to the references list, SOLVER does not appear. When I open Help for VB and search for SOLVER, it finds nothing. What is going on? Why doesn't VB even recognize the existence ...

How do I add a signature
We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a "handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? Pen If using xl2002 or 2003...... Create a graphic with the signature then add it to the Footer when printing. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:03:08 -0800, "Penfold" <Penfold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a >"handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? ...

How to add new entity?
Hi. I'm now researching the customization abilities of MS CRM 1.2. So I have a small task, which I'm not able to accomplish with SDK. The main question is how to add additional entity to CRM? I need to add entity "Pets", and dictionary "PetTypes". Pets should be linked with Contacts (1:M). Pets should have 3 attributes: - Name (string of 150 chars), - Type (value from PetTypes dictionary), - Description (string of 1000 chars) PetTypes should have 3 entries: "Cat", "Dog" and "Parrot" I expect that i...

Log ON Report Manager
Install Report Manger in the Server CRM Satisfactorily, but I have problems when I do log on to Crystal APS, I am using an account of domain administrator and it does not allow me to accesar to the APS. APS User Name: CCSGR3000\crmadmin APS password: ********* APS Server:servcrm I need Help, Thanks. The problem is with the login. Use the following: APS User Name: administrator Password: (should be blank) APS server: localhost (if it's local) I did run into a problem that Report Manager couldn't be accessed from anywhere on the network. It was an IIS configuration problem. &q...

Change of field separator
When I open CSV files in Excel all data is put in one column. Can anyone tell me, where I change my set up, so I get another field separator? Please be specific, because my Excel is a Danish version, and sometimes I have a hard time following the English instructions. Thanks! Jane Hi you specify this in the Windows regional settings. Another idea: - rename your *.csv file to a *.txt file - now open it with excel. The Import wizard should appear and should allow you to specify a different delimiter "Janepige" wrote: > When I open CSV files in Excel all data is put in one co...

Zero filling a number field
I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but can't figure out how. Any ideas? You don''t say where you're trying to do this, but basically Format(YourAutoNumber, "000000") pdlginternet@aol.com wrote: >I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but >can't figure out how. Any ideas? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 You can't do that wi...

Task Manager window only CPU
Vista Ultimate SP2 When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options. How do I restore task manager? Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should do it. -- whs THX - it worked Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net "whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:89eee91dbeee8173c55e0008be25b622@nntp-gateway....

Managing Incomplete Purchase Orders
What should we do when we receive a purchasse order and not all products were received? Here is how we are set up. All products are marked as "allow backorder". We have this set up this way so we cna special order a product if needed. However, the vendors do no backorder. If a product isn't shipped, we need to backorder. The problem occurs after we receive (as shipment/invoice). The unreceived items on the PO remain open. Since we use Purchase Order Generator, the items are not reordered because they are still "on order" in the system. What are we supposed to ...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

Annoying problem with lookup field
On a client, I have a MOSS 2007 portal with two lists which are not wroking as expected. One contains people and the other one contains a lookup field based on data from the first list. When someone which hasn't got administrative rights logs in and tries to see the properties of any element in the second list (on DispForm.aspx), they can't see the lookup field value, and if they try to edit the element, the dropdown control used to choose a person from the first list appears empty. Administrator don't have this problem. The users having the problem have collaboration rig...

how can I add a signature to my calendar appt requests?
See subject question Insert-> Signature -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "tnowak" <tnowak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51100433-5C23-435B-9C1B-5F8B8D9056B2@microsoft.com... > See subject question ...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

How to change the FROM field in email campaign activity?
How to change the FROM field in email campaign activity? I would like to create an email campaign activity and change the TO field of the email to be abother name instead of mine I would also like to add attachments I can't find a way to do this Any help is very much appreciated Thank you Stella Hi Stella, There are many ways to send marketing emails from CRM: Quick Campaigns Quick Campaigns with mail merge using Microsoft Word E-mail Campaign Activities E-mail Campaign Activities with mail merge using Microsoft Word Direct e-mail using templates Send a workflow e-mail Integrate...

Add data to cell w/o loosing initial data
I would like to know if there is a way to add data to data without retyping. For example I have a colum of 18015555555 and I want to add [rfax:(cell #)@/fn=(phone number)] So I would like to add the brackets - copy from a cell - @/fn= and not loose the data already in the spread sheet. Example 2. Add [rfax:company name@fn/=(saved data here) then close bracket. So I want to add data to cells without loosing the data already in the cells. I have about 600 of them to do and I really don't want to do each one by hand. Please let me know if anyone knows how to accomplish this. Tha...

Cannot publish or export in Deployment Manager
When I click on "Publish Customization" or "Export Customization" I get an error: Runtime Error! Program: C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What can be causing this, it was working before? Thanks in advance, Bilge Gul ...

pvt table field settings!
hi! i am receiving data every day from 10 different places as under.! for example: DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "B" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 50 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1500 DATE 11.02.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 15 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.03.2009 PLACE "C" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 -likewise i'm receiving daily data from all the 10 places..! what i want is a pivot table report on a...

Add Item to GP Menu
Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how to use Dexterity. Thanks. "Ryan" wrote: > Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe > it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how > to use Dexterity. > > Thanks. Hi Ryan Please look at the Integration Guide PDF manual installed with Dexterity. Part 5 explains the navigation model and how to work with command forms, commands and menus. T...

Comparing fields in an excel worksheet
Hi, I have some fields that I need to compare and extract the equal letters and different letters. For example, the fields are like this: DKLJSAIM; PLAIQBN. I need to compare this 2 fields and extract the differences between them. Does anyone knows how can this be done? Thanks. Hi, take a look at CPearson web http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ListFunctions.aspx "David" wrote: > Hi, > > I have some fields that I need to compare and extract the equal letters and > different letters. > For example...

Equation Numbers, inserting field
I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc. When I get to equation 27 it needs to be AA, then 28 will be AB...) next to. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs. I would like to have both the equation reference and the text paragraphs to update if I add an equation to the middle of the document. I know I should use a field code and cross reference it in the tex...

administrator denied access to system manager
done a nice silly thing, accidentally changed the permissions on the administrator account to deny full access in the exchange organisation. i used the reg hack to access the security tab. i know that's why it's hidden to prevent things like this, so please dont remind me ;) thing is, although i can do most things from another admin account, i cant get access to that security tab, even with the reg hack for that user. so i cant undo the damage. is there any way or removing those permissions using another tool? i cant add the other amin account to the delegation wizard, it says...

Capturing the ItemID from the Add function.
Can anyone tell me how to capture the ItemID (referenced by the Add function): Dim objAdded As Object set objAdded = Session.Transaction.Entries.Add(ItemID, ItemLookUpCode, Qty, 0, False, 0). I tried the following and am getting an error: Dim itemid as Long itemid = Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(entrynumber).Item.ID The itemID referenced in the add function seems to be the itemID from the database and not the entry ID on the pos screen. Thanks, Robert -- rshuptrine armsys You can do a query on the Database using the ItemLookupCode. Use the code I posted a couple of days ago then ...

Date/Time stamp in Memo Field
Hi all..is it possible to programmatically insert Now() when text in a Memo field becomes edited? Thanks for all help! If it has to be entered directly in the memo field tetxbox: Private Sub MemoFieldName_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue) Then Me.MemoFieldName = Now & " " & Me.MemoFieldName Else Me.MemoFieldName = Left(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue)) & " " & Now & " " & Right(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName) - Len(Me. MemoFieldName.OldValue)) End If Me.Dirty = False End...