Can not add new user in crm 3

I can no longer add a new user in CRM 3 using the deployment manager interface

I get the following error:

Invalid code for CRM error (80070005) - SOAP Server Application Faulted

note: the crm server is a domain controller
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

1. Check what account is starting the CRM services (Local System or a Domain
account)

2. Install the Windows 200X Support Tools on the CRM Server. Run
suptools.msi from Support | Tools folder on the 200X Server CD.

3. Click Start | Run, enter adsiedit.msc and click OK

4. Locate the root CRM OU under the Domain

5. Right-click, select Properties, then click the Security Tab

6. Add the computer account if Step 1 was set to Local System or add the
domain account that was listed.

7. Grant Full control and select Advanced

8. Select the rights just added and click Edit

9. Select "this object and all child object" in Apply onto

10. Test adding a user

"Jason (Vertexx)" wrote:

> I can no longer add a new user in CRM 3 using the deployment manager interface
>
> I get the following error:
>
> Invalid code for CRM error (80070005) - SOAP Server Application Faulted
>
> note: the crm server is a domain controller
I have seen this before by clients.  Here is a long list of troubleshooting
steps I have gone through with multpile partners. Remember, if at any time
you find the error corrected, then you do not need to go further.

Check the permissions on the following AD Container (Support Tools must be
installed on the DC, and can be found on the Windows installation media)
CN=AdminSDHolder,CN=System,DC=MyDomain,DC=Com AD container.

The following Allow permissions need to be added for the Authenticated Users
group:
Read (Regular Permission)
List Contents (Advanced Permission)
Read All Properties (Advanced Permission)
Read Permissions (Advanced Permission)

After applying these permissions attempt to add the users again.  If this
doesn't work is the user trying to add the CRM users a member of the Domain
Admin group? Does the user logged on or a group he/she is a member of have
permission on the UserGroup and ReportingGroup (See below)?
Permissions
• Read
• Write
• Add/Remove self as member
Advanced permissions
• List Contents
• Read All Properties
• Write All Properties
• Read Permissions
• Modify Permissions
• All Validated Writes
• Add/Remove self as member

Please change the following registry key on the CRM Server.
Registry Hive: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM
Key: AutoGroupManagementOff
Value: Change to 1

Try to add the user to CRM again. Does it still fail with an error message?
You will have to manually add the user to the UserGroup and ReportingGroup.

If you are still having problems then perhaps we are looking at invalid
access to the OU and/or Groups for CRM. Please make sure the user or account
that is running the CRMAppPool has permissions on the OU in AD.

Additionally, in the Web.config file located in the Home Directory of the
CRM Website, set or verify the following element: <identity
impersonate="true"/>

When you set the impersonate attribute of the identity element to true, you
configure the application to use client impersonation on each request to the
application server. By default, impersonation is disabled in a typical
ASP.NET Web application in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. A caller to the
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web services must provide valid domain credentials to
the Microsoft CRM Web service. Therefore, when you do not specify
credentials, or when you use impersonation, the correct credentials are not
provided to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web services. Therefore, the exception
occurs.

We also need to grant Network Service privileges to the OU you have CRM
pointing to. Please switch Key: AutoGroupManagementOff back to Value: 0 and
reset IIS.

You can apply the permissions by following the steps below:

- Open Active Directory Users and Computers (Start | Run | dsa.msc)
- Select View | Advanced Features (If it is not already checked)
- Right click on the CRM OU and select Properties
- Select the Security tab
- Select Add | Network Service | OK
- Select Advanced | Network Service | Edit
- Grant Network Service the following Permissions:

For testing purposes, I would like to grant Full Control to the OU for
Network Service. If it works to add users by granting full control, please
apply the permissions listed below:

List Contents
Read All Properties
Read Permissions
Read adminDescription
Read adminDisplayName
Read cn
Read countryCode
Read gPLink
Read gPOptions
Read heuristics
Read legacyExchangeDN
Read Managed By
Read msCOM-PartitionSetLink
Read msCOM-UserLink
Read msCOM-UserPartitionSetLink
Read msDS-Approx-Immed-Subordinates
Read msDs-masteredBy
Read msDS0MembersForAzRoleBL
Read msDS-NCReplCursors
Read msDS-NCReplInboundNeighbors
Read msDS-NCReplOutboundNeighbors
Read msDS-NonMembersBL
Read msDS-ObjectReferenceBL
Read msDS-OperationsForAzRoleBL
Read msDS-OperationsForAzTalkBL
Read msDS-ReplAttributeMetaData
Read msDS-ReplValueMetaData
Read msDS-TasksForAzRoleBL
Read msDS-TasksForAzTaskBL
Read msExchADCGlobalNames
Read msExchALObjectVersion
Read msExchHideFromAddressLists
Read msExchInconsistentState
Read msExchPolicyList
Read msExchUnmergedAttsPt
Read name
Read Name
Read OwnerBL
Read postalAddress
Read postalCode
Read postOfficeBox
Read replicatedObjectVersion
Read replicationSignature
Read showInAddressBook
Rest st
Read stree
Read structuralObjectClass
Read unmergedAtts
ReaduPNSuffixes

Also remember to give Network Service Full Control on the UserGroup and
ReportingGroup. It will need privileges on those two groups in order to add
the users to the groups.  See KB 908984. This details the required
permissions. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908984/en-us

If all else fails then the repair process has resolved this issue in the
past. Since removing the auto group management we know it is an issue with
permissions. The repair process should correct the AD permissions issues when
it is run. At this point we have tried to manually add the permissions to the
groups but it isn't working correctly. When run by a domain administrator,
the repair process will make sure all of the permissions are set and that the
connections are also correct. It will require up to one hour of downtime for
the repair process to complete. If this issue was run by the Microsoft CRM
dev team, the first question they will ask is if a repair was run. Because of
this the repair is the next step in the troubleshooting of this issue. Once
completed please attemt to recreate the issue.

If you have customizations, you shouldn't have to worry about them or your
isv.config file. The repair shouldn't alter them.

My advice to you in this situation is to export your customizations which
will include the isv.config file. I would also make a backup of your CRM
databases in SQL to be on the safe side. Your custom entities shouldn't be
altered but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes!
Bschott

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

How to recover if a user "Undoes" a record?
When the AfterUpdate event of my Status field is triggered, I update several other tables with dependent data. What happens if someone hits ESC twice to Undo the record? Is there some way I can know that this happened? Then I could roll back any updates. Btw, the Form_AfterUpdate event doesn't seem applicable since one of the things I do is set a DateCompleted field on the form itself. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. You could trap the keystrokes, but it might be a better idea to use the AfterUpdate event of the form itself to update the other tables. That event only ...

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Unlocking a User
I have GP10 and a user entered a password wrong too many times. I am logged into GP and an under 'Admininstration' and do not see a way to unlock the user. Am I in the right place? Where do I need to go? Thanks, John John, Are you enforcing password policies for your users in GP? If so, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > User. Enter a temporary password for the user and check the Change Password Next Login box. Provide the user with the temporary password and the system will do the rest. Again, this is all assuming your are enforcing pas...

New Disk storage

transferring to new pc

can't customize toolbar

Creating new attributes

Can anyone help ?

Event Planning/Event Management Add-On
Does anyone know of a good add-on to handle event planning? It appears that Axonom sells a product. I'm not sure it's compatible with CRM 3.0, though. The screen shots are from 1.x. We're looking for an add-on that will help us plan our annual user conference with about 300 attendees. Before I go off and build our own custom entities to handle this stuff, I thought I'd see what's out there. Our requirements are pretty basic: - Track attendees to the event, and which training sessions and activities they'd like to attend. - Payment information including total fee...

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Does CRM have a Microsoft Project like add-on?
Hello All: Does anyone know if CRM has a Microsoft Project like add-on? I was using Microsoft "Project Central" (which had it's own issues), but am looking for something like that. The best of both worlds would be an interface between the two packages. I am open to any suggestions. -Bill Project Central (v2000) was the first attempt to take MS Project to a server-based centralized solution. They have made great strides in more recent version. The latest is called "Project Server 2003" which is part of the "Enterprise Project Management Solution&q...