Can MSCRM 4 handle millions of records (Product)?

Hi,

We are in the middle of evaluating MSCRM 4 for a hypermarket. The objective
is to load all the warehouse inventory into the Product entity, which are
having approximately 6~7 millions of products (including sellable parts and
etc.). This information will be available to the VIP card holders (Contact),
as well as building royalty progammes and campaign management.

Some selected Products will be available for ordering via a Portal (custom
build), and the information will be updated to MSCRM as well.

So, we need to know that whether MSCRM is a feasible solution for this kind
of requirements, and how about the performance?

Some blog did mentioned that if there are huge number of records in MSCRM,
the FetchXML will slow down dramatically, is that true?

Thanks

0
thaliamei (3)
1/17/2009 3:36:37 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

What sort and how much hardware are you throwing at the this

"Thalia" <thaliamei@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We are in the middle of evaluating MSCRM 4 for a hypermarket. The
> objective is to load all the warehouse inventory into the Product entity,
> which are having approximately 6~7 millions of products (including
> sellable parts and etc.). This information will be available to the VIP
> card holders (Contact), as well as building royalty progammes and campaign
> management.
>
> Some selected Products will be available for ordering via a Portal (custom
> build), and the information will be updated to MSCRM as well.
>
> So, we need to know that whether MSCRM is a feasible solution for this
> kind of requirements, and how about the performance?
>
> Some blog did mentioned that if there are huge number of records in MSCRM,
> the FetchXML will slow down dramatically, is that true?
>
> Thanks

0
p0911 (103)

Cash Flow #4
I have downloaded Money 2006 Deluxe Trial Version, everything is OK but the cash flow forecast. The graph does not work. Error? Wrong Graph? Nothing displayed? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "JorgeLuisConradoB" <JorgeLuisConradoB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31FB25FE-986B-4A93-A55E-1247BDD14C73@microsoft.com... >I have d...

Linker Error that I can't resovle
Hi everyone, I am running into a problem that I can't seem to find a solution for. I have a DLL that does a bunch of database stuff for me. The DLL has a class that has a static member like this: ///////////////////////////// h file//////////////////////////////////////////// #pragma once #include "LSDataLibDatabase.h" class __declspec(dllexport) LSDataManager { public: LSDataManager(string Path); ~LSDataManager(); static LSDataLibDatabase &GetDatabase() { return *m_pDatabase; } private: static LSDataLibDatabase *m_pDatabase; }; ///////////////////////////...

I lost a paragraph. How can I find it?
I was typing a speech I am to give in two weeks and it was single spaced. I decided for editing purposes that I wanted it double spaced. I went to the help section in my Word 2003 edition and it told me to select one paragraph at a time, which I did. I then fumbled around with the instructions but finally came across a box and an icon that had the double space I was looking for. I selected the icon and when I returned to the document, the paragraph I selected had disappeared, but the rest of my speech was, in fact, double spaced. How do I retrieve/find my selected original p...

count related records
2 tables - 1) tickets and 2) messages. Tickets contains the main data and messages contains all the comments made relating to that ticket. How do I count the number of records (or messages) in the related table? So, I have 1 ticket in the system and 4 comments have been made in that ticket. I want to be able to take that number and append it to another ticket table showing "4" in that field. Appending the count to another ticket table is not the thing to do! Say you append 4 and then add another message. The count is now 5 but you only have 4 in the other table....

Counting Problem #4
Hi everyone, My problem is with the COUNTA funciton. I have a formula "=IF(COUNTA(K4:Q4)>0,1,0)", set up so that if at least one cell has letter/value, then formula will return a result of 1. The cells, whic this equation counts, are also formulas as well. (Ex =IF('Protocol!$K4="","",'Protoco !$K4)) I want to be able to count the cells that have data, yet not coun those cells which have a blank result. Is there anyway to do this i Excel? Thanks and Have a great weekend, Pet -- peter_river -----------------------------------------------------------...

I Can not turn off ClearType
In Outlook 2007, I am unable to turn off the ClearType feature. The ClearType box is unchecked in Tools\options\mail format\editor options\popular. In have checked and unchecked it several times with restarts, but it seems to make no difference. My eyes are bad enough without haveing to look at blurry text. Please help me turn this off. -- Thank you, John Gregory JGreg7 wrote: > In Outlook 2007, I am unable to turn off the ClearType feature. The > ClearType box is unchecked in Tools\options\mail format\editor > options\popular. > > In have che...

can't open my money2001 file
I have a strange problem with Money2001. I can't open my files. It asks for my password and after I enter it, a box pops up saying, "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I've tried opening some backups that I have achirved from clear back from September - still no luck. Any suggestions? If I buy the latest version, what are the chances it will open my old 2001 version file? Aaron In microsoft.public.money, Aaron Garber wrote: >I have a strange problem with Money2001. > >I can't open my ...

Unable to view all CRM records
Hello there, We had migrated a CRM v1.2 test implementation into a Production environment some time ago. Although not all the users (especially new users created) are able to view all records from the previous test implementation. We migrated records and recreated the user list and merged all existing UserID for the owners and all users from the old SID's to the new SID's. This has not been a problem for most old users, although we are now receiving problems with some users (some old, but especially new users) not being able to view the old records, only new records created since t...

Select records based upon calculated totals
I've created a report that shows the contract price of a project and using a subreport of invoices, a text box to calculate percentage of $ invoiced, which works great. I'd like to now create a report that shows only the projects that have not been invoiced 100%. What about the idea of doing that calculation in the underlying query, then using the query to feed the report? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein do...

Can't view calendars
My Boss is unable to view calendars but has the appropriate permissions using Outlook 2003. (he has Admin rights) When he tries to view a calendar he gets the message "unable to display the folder, cannot open the mailbox for this user because the user does not have a server mailbox". I found KB article 813603 which states this problem may occur when two user accounts do not reside on the same Exch. Server Org. and the status was that Microsoft has confirmed this is a problem with Outlook 2003. But I only have one Organization, and the users are on the same server. The on...

Microsoft Access can't send this e-mail message
I get the following error when using the SendObject method, trying to send an email using Outlook: "Microsoft Access can't send this e-mail message" Is this something to do with setting the references or is it some other problem? Regards, Jon "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in news:4023aae0$0$2143 $fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk: > I get the following error when using the SendObject method, trying to send > an email using Outlook: > > "Microsoft Access can't send this e-mail message" > > Is this something to do with s...

Help with Audit, Can't assign value
I have a form which is used to input customer data and has a control which is set to record the current user using the CurrentUser() function tied to the Before Insert event of the form. The same form contain a lookup button with which I can close the form and reopen it with an openargs that causes the form to us a dataset tied to a query which requests the customer last name and returns matching records. The problem is that when I click the button to look up customers I get an error stating that "You can't assign a value to this object". In the VBE the line that I used to assig...

how can I get a cell to change color by date to indicate expiery t
I'm trying to get the cell color to change from green to yellow to red as a date entered in the cell gets closer to that date plus 12 months or 36 months. ie some task was completed on 1 Jan 08 and will last for 24 months so I want the cell to read green if the date is still good turn yellow a month or 2 before it expires and turn red and clear the date if expired. So if the cell is empty it should show red. But I want to be able to update the date the task was completed ie it was completed again on the 15 Dec 10 before it expired so I want the countdown to expiration to restart f...

Too Many Headings, Values for Chart Feature To Handle???
I'm having problems setting up a chart with the following headings (see below). The Chart Wizard will only let me select so many headings (& values). If I CTRL - click one heading too many, the list field window clears and shows the last cell selected. Any ideas what's happening here? Column Headings: Aerosol, Art, Batch, Bulk, Dykem, Mark-Tex ,Outsource, Quality, R&D, Receiving, Scrubs, Shipping, WHC Colimn Subheadings: DEV, NCP Row Headings: BATCHING CODING FILLING HANDLING HAZCOM IMPROVEMENT INVENTORY LABEL DEFECT PACKAGE DEFECT RAW MATERIAL RECEIVING ...

Can we use the datediff function and put the answer in a cell?
what we want to do is return the difference of this function into a cell in a table, can we do it? On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:34:01 -0800, timmone <timmone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Yes, but you shouldn't. Because that would violate an important relational database design principle that says "no calculated fields in the database". Rather you would calculate the value on the fly in a query: select DateDiff("d", myStartDate, myEndDate) as DaysBetween from myTable -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >what we want to do is return the difference o...

how can i make paragraphs in side one cell in Excell?
Hi press ALT & ENTER when you want a new line Cheers JulieD "ashraf" <ashraf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E508A2C8-CC79-4107-93EE-5D607A53E8BA@microsoft.com... > or, format cell / alignment / wrap text ...

Can a new e-mail message event wake up a monitor?
When my laptop is running on battery, I have the screen set to go blank in 1 minute. This tremendously lengthens the amount of operation I can get from a full charge. However, I find myself quite often sliding my finger across the touch pad to wake up the screen so I can check to see if I have any new e- mail. It would be really cool if an Outlook add-in existed which would wake up your screen automatically when you receive a new e-mail. Does anyone know if such a tool exists? afaik, there is no such tool. why not turn on sound so you can hear it arrive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outloo...

Exchange 2003
Hello. I am running Exchange 2003 and all of a sudden, all emails my users send to Hotmail are piling up in the queue. Not sure what is going on here. We can send emails to every other domain. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help. Roger Settle rsettle@klfinancialgroup.com Can you manually telnet to Hotmail's MX record IP address on port 25? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Roger Settle" <rsettle@klfinancialgroup.com(DO NOT SPAM)> wrote in message news:72700E7F-A7E1-4725-B1B4-2...

verify all subforms have records
Access 2003 I have a form called f001ProjectReview (PK ProjectID) it has several subforms linked by ProjectID. Sub1, Sub2, Sub3. There is a button that activates a pop up form called fClosureApprovalPopUp linked by ProjectID. On fClosureApprovalPopUp I have an approval button. When user clicks the approval button I need to verify that all subforms on f001ProjectReview have records. If there is a subform that does not have a record then display message that required data is missing and exit without saving. Your help is greatly appreciated!! -- deb You could u...

Have data with multiple records associated to same ID
My Data Situation: A B 33007014220000 33007014220000 DLL 33007014220000 CND 33007014220000 CBL Need to get it like this: A B 33007014220000 CBL,CND,DLL Is there a way to do this via formulas or code? I am doing it by hand and will take days to go through 1683 Unique records. Thanks for your help! Dan How many subsets are you likely to have (maximum)? Are the values DLL, CND etc in column C, or are they tagged on to the end of the I...

minimal payroll records
Hello: I'm pretty sure that I'm correct on this. But, I want to check with you all first. I know that as a means of disaster recovery (server gets blown away) that a client can restore backups of their DYNAMICS and comapany databases onto a new server. I have done that before. But, let's say the client just wants to restore a minimal set of data just to gbe able to cut paychecks out for employees. Can they restore just their DYNAMICS databases and the UPR master tables ? Thanks! childofthe1980s no, that would not work. It may be possible to achieve what you want; You s...

I can't see my replies on this forum.
Hi, I have twice replied to posts in this group and haven't been able to see my reply either time. Is that the way it works here, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Roy -- C. Roy Blye Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "C. Roy Blye" <C.Roy.Blye.437l0e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:C.Roy.Blye.437l0e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > > Hi, > > I have twice replied to posts in this group and haven't been able to > see my reply either time. Is that the way it works here, or am I doing > som...

How to stop acces from saving the record
Hi I am using main form and subform and when I focus on the sub form Access saves the record and I need to know how to stop acces from saving the record when the subform is on focus? I understand that I need to unbound the main form and then bound it on before update event. I tried this code but I get some errors. On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("tblWhatever", dbOpenDynaset) With rst .AddNew !WhateverID = Me.txtWhateverID !FirstName = Me.tx...

Recording a command button name
I have an application where the user is prompted to save when they leave the the data entry form either by previewing a report of the data or by closing the form completely. There are two buttons a user can use to do this cmdPreview or cmdClose. I use a module to promt the user for svae. What I would like to do is differentiate to the module which button was clicked. Is there a way to do this? thanks You could take a look at Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "E" <...