Can I change default workplace "All" filter to "Appointments"??

Hi all,
We heavily use the Appointments section of the CRM Workplace, and have
defined a number of important Appointment views (Today's Appointments,
Tomorrow's Appointments, To Be Scheduled Appointments, Waiting for
Callback), etc.  (We heaviy customized Appointments to add a status
value, and links to our custom entities.  Very useful!)

The views all work fine, except they don't show up in the main set of
activity views.  They DO show up when the Type = "Appointment", so
using these views require the user to:

a) Click on Workplace
b) Change the Type from All to Appointments
c) Now click on the View list to see the views...

My questions are:
1) Can we change the default Type and View in the Workplace?  Or,
2) Could we add a new Workplace Area to display only Appointments and
their views?  (Could this be a .Net customization, e.g.?)

Many thanks!
Dave
0
davidlcarr (94)
8/27/2008 8:06:57 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Changing end of recurring appointments resets all previous individual modifications?
Hello, Is it true that when you modify the end of a recurring appointment series, it resets any of the appointments in the series which had been individually changed to a different date/time? If so, is there a workaround to prevent it? Also, how can I change the default end from "no end date" to, say, end after 10 occurrences or on a certain date? Thanks, - Alan. Alan <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it true that when you modify the end of a recurring appointment > series, it resets any of the appointments in the series which had been > individually changed to a d...

How to share a Calender but hide all the appointments' details?
Hello, Some of our users want to share their Calendar with other users but don't want them to see the details of their appointments. What permissions to they have to give people to accomplish that? They don't want to mark all their appointments as private. The people who are to be given access want don't want to have to schedule a meeting just to see the free/busy details - they want a shared Calender a couple of clicks away in their folder list. Any advice appreciated. Thanks, - Alan. Then they shouldn't share their calendar at all. Free/busy is separate = (and automati...

Send appointments data to a Form programmatically
I need to create a Form that will be printed each morning and used to collect specific data throughout the day. I would like an area of the Form to auto-populate with my Outlook Calendar appointments when I open the Form each day. It does not matter what application is used for the Form... it could be a Word document, Excel spreadsheet or even a web page, but I would prefer that it be generated as an output from Outlook. Basically, I would like to create a highly customized version of the 'Daily Calendar' Print Style, with my own tables and graphics added to the ba...

Time issue
Hi, we are using Exchange 2003 and we have some strange behavior when creating appointments via Outlook. When the appointment is set to "All day" - it looks OK, but when we return to the appointment some time later it is changed to 01:00->01:00 and the checkbox "All day" is cleared. This happens in some cases and in other cases it is OK - there is no pattern as I see it. Does anybody know why... Thanks in advance. Michael Vad Hi are all the time zones the same on all systems tony "Michael Vad" <mv@neocom.dk> wrote in message news:eiucrxXOEHA.371...

Mark All Appointments as Free NOT Busy
Using Outlook 2007. Is there any way I can default the Show time as: in every new appointment as 'Free' instead of the default 'Busy'. Have read other discussions where they can double click on the date to create the new appointment and creating a new appoint in this manner defaults to 'Free' but 2007 doesn't appear to do that. "Snacks" <Snacks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB06A246-04FC-4E22-A279-E937383FAD12@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2007. Is there any way I can default the Show time as: in > eve...

how to sort all day appointments alphabetically
Outlook 03 automatically sorted my "all day" events in alpha order. How do I set Outlook 07 to do the same? Right now, appointments are listed in any old order -- not even consistent order from day to day. Thx Customize Current View, Sort sherinka wrote: > Outlook 03 automatically sorted my "all day" events in alpha order. > > How do I set Outlook 07 to do the same? > > Right now, appointments are listed in any old order -- not even consistent > order from day to day. > > Thx Hmm. They should sort alphabetically ...

Outlook showing appointments as all day events when they are not
I am a (relatively) new user to outlook (XP home running under win98). Having set up a whole series of appointments (most of which are weekly reoccuring) outlook today is reporting some of them as all day events when they are not. Help suggests unchecking the all day event box - the check box is not showing on the problematic items - the items do not span more than (say) two hours and do not cross days. Have checked knowledge base cannot find anything - any ideas please? What do you show as the start and end times for any example appointment that exhibits this behavior? --� Milly Sta...

Can I change default workplace "All" filter to "Appointments"??
Hi all, We heavily use the Appointments section of the CRM Workplace, and have defined a number of important Appointment views (Today's Appointments, Tomorrow's Appointments, To Be Scheduled Appointments, Waiting for Callback), etc. (We heaviy customized Appointments to add a status value, and links to our custom entities. Very useful!) The views all work fine, except they don't show up in the main set of activity views. They DO show up when the Type = "Appointment", so using these views require the user to: a) Click on Workplace b) Change the Type from All to Appoin...

total appointments allowed to enter in all day events month view
i can enter 8 or 9 appointments but can only view 7 when i print the calendar That's normal. Try a word template or a utility - information at http://slipstick.me/calprint -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email account is your main account? htt...

How do I delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook?
I use Outlook 2002 (SP3) that came with Windows Mobile 2003 running on a Vista Home Premium box. Is there a way to delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook at once? It would be almost ippossibe to delete every appointment/calendar item one by one. When I have to delete and recreate a partnership to my pocket pc I have double of every appointment. If I can delete all appointments/calendar items in outlook 2002 I can quickly/easily reestablish all the correct appointments/calendar items from a backup. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook 2002. After completel...

Outlook 2007
Came across a strange problem today. Not all my contacts or appointments will sync with my Touch Pro 2. I tried all sorts of things to fix this with no luck. Here's what I have tried. 1. Tried a detect/repair/diagnose with no luck. 2. Remove all contacts from Outlook (after backing up) and syncing to the phone so it clears out both sides. Added the contacts back to Outlook and synced. Out of 900 or so contacts roughly 100 or so have not synced. I have checked the settings in Activesync 4.5 but there are no settings for Contacts thinking that maybe certain categorie...

All Day Appointments and Outlook To-Do Bar
How can I get my All Day Appointments to show up on the outlook to-do bar Try marking them as busy time and see if that does it "Brian " <brian@wallytech.net> wrote in message news:32295417-C575-43DA-94E0-F73760C715BD@microsoft.com... > How can I get my All Day Appointments to show up on the outlook to-do bar That didnt work "Vince Averello" <vince@omegageek.com> wrote in message news:eFfHV0AaJHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Try marking them as busy time and see if that does it > > "Brian " <brian@wallytech.net> wrote in mess...

Can't sync with Palm. All Day appointments are weird
Well, not sure if this is apalm issue or an outlook issue or what but I have a strange issue. Have Outlook 2003 and a Handspring Visor (old) with Palm software 4.1.4e. I've had this problem once before and don't think I ever figured out a solution. Wife got a new PC. Copied her PST file from old to new. Wiped out the PDA to start from scratch. Setup Outlook and it's working just fine. When I do a sync, it errors out and says something like: "The recurring all day item that starts at xx/xx/xx at 1:00AM could not be sync'd. Split it into 2 parts" The items ar...

All Day appointments CHANGING to hourly ??
I have lately experiencing a very annoying trate with Outlook 2003 ( when syncing between 2 PC and a PDA)where it randomly changes certain "All Day" events to a 1:00 am to 1:00am appointment over 2 days... Or if it's a multi day event, it cheanges it to hourly but add an exra day too !!!! What could be causing this ?? the PDA or one of the computers does not have the same time zone and DST settings as the other computer/pda. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com O...

Exchange Calenders Deleting all Appointments
Hi All, We run Exchange 2000 using MS Outlook clients. I'm having issues where some users are having all appointments from their calenders vanish. This doesn't affect everybody. Help needed! Doreen Do these clients also run software for syncronize PDA's /LasseP "Doreen" <dnewman@spam.gov.au> wrote in message news:40a05594$1@usenet.per.paradox.net.au... > Hi All, We run Exchange 2000 using MS Outlook clients. I'm having issues > where some users are having all appointments from their calenders vanish. > This doesn't affect everybody. Hel...

Need to see more of day's appointments on small screen
I am using Outlook 2007 on a netbook-sized laptop with a fairly hi-rez screen. With the time-scale set to 30 minutes, I see too little of my day -- only 4.5 hours. Moreover, each time slot is ridiculously overwide. I see more on my smartphone than my laptop. Ideally, I would like one day in two columns. Is there another way to see more of my day and get the 30-minute info? You can show more time slots by turning off toolbars etc to make the window higher. Outlook doesn't support 2 column days or zooming the view. The window width is controlled by the width of the nav...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

Exchange Auto Accept Agent & All Day Appointments
I am trying to find out if there is some way that I don't know of to not allow All day appointments, or to reject appointments that are created with a "free" status? I have read a couple posts & have not seen an answer yet. Wondering if anyone found any way of accomplishing this? One method I thought of which is more or less useless is to add a custom comment that you need to change the status to busy. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Close Past Appointments automatically in CRM 3.0
In CRM 1.2 there use to be a stored procedure that would automatically close past appointments. In CRM 3.0 the SQL Job is still listed but the stored procedure is gone. Is there a way to get this back in CRM 3.0? Thanks Angela You can do that with workflows. Take a look at this blog post: http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2006/01/automatically-close-appointments-after.html HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "astuartmills" <astuartmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46BBBB6B-93AD-451F-810A-C8B42F750221@microsoft.com... &g...

Marking all calendar appointments as private???
The following question was asked of me. "Is there a setting that can be changed on the exchange server so that people are not able to see the subject of other peoples' calendar appointments? I know that individuals can mark their own appointments as private, but I'm looking for a global setting that would make all appointments private for everyone." I don't know why they would want this done. First, can it be done? Second, what are the implications that I should make them aware of if it could be done? Thanks. On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:25:44 -0500, "Todd Fuhr...

Outlook Automatically Adds Appointments to the Calendar
have Outlook XP SP3 running on WinXP Pro with SP2. When i view an appointment invitation that was sent to be in the preview pane for some reason outlook automatically adds the appointment (tentativelly) to the calendar. Searching on google.groups i found some people saying that this is the way outlook works and this behavior is by design. I really don't understand their explanation. Why previewing message in outlook would require it to add the appointment to my calendar? Some other people said to disable tracking options but that didn't help. Any other advice. Thank you very much. ...

Ive lost all my contacts and appointments!!
My Outlook.pst file has moved to My Documnents and taken all my contaxcts and appointments with it. I cant get it back into outlook. How do I resolve this as I am now desperate!!! From Outlook's File Menu->Open->Outlook Data File and point it to the moved ..pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Darren Hawley asked: | My Outlook.pst f...

Closing Appointments automatically
I posted this a little while ago with no responses so I am trying again. Does 3.0 auto complete appointments like 1.2 did? It doesn't appear that it does and I am wondering if there is a sql job to do this or do I need to write my own. -- Thanks, Brian Brian, I have to verify it for you but in the mean time, I think you can write a workflow rule to to monitor the appointment activities and set it to close after certain period. I hope this will help you. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.microsoft.com/crowe/microsoft Brian Hall wrote: > I posted this a little whil...

Appointments show as All Day Events
On Outlook 2002, some of my recurring appointments show as All Day Events even though I double-check that they are only set for specific times of the day. Any ideas? I have service Pack 2 and I have had the web site check my system for all available upgrades/updates. I have also searched the Knowledge Base and found nothing specifically similar. This problem is present whether I log into Exchange via a laptop or a WYSE thin client. Thank you for your help. Christopher ...

Recurring activitiy appointments (ie phone call every week)
We've implemented a CRM deployment and just realised we cannot do this. It's a serious shortfall in an account handlers daily duties not to have a reminder which accounts to maintain. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busi...