Can CRM 4.0 professional run on Windows SBS 2003?

CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server,
and CRM 3.0 professional.  Apparently, CRM 4.0 doesn't come in a "for
Small Business Server".  Instead, it ships as "professional" and
"enterpriese" editions.

Has anyone tried running CRM 4.0 on Windows Small Business Server
2003?

Andy
0
anedza (69)
2/29/2008 7:02:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

I'm running CRM 4.0 workgroup on SBS 2003 R2, didnt have any problems yet.
As long as you have your ReportServices right during installation, you should
be fine.

Alex

"Andy" wrote:

> CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server,
> and CRM 3.0 professional.  Apparently, CRM 4.0 doesn't come in a "for
> Small Business Server".  Instead, it ships as "professional" and
> "enterpriese" editions.
>
> Has anyone tried running CRM 4.0 on Windows Small Business Server
> 2003?
>
> Andy

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply.

I found the following from our licensing provider, talking to
Microsoft reps, and MS internet postings.  This information can change
so you should always contact such sources to obtain the most current
information.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server has been replaced by CRM
4.0 workgroup edition.
You used to be able to buy CALs for CRM 3.0 SBS in packages of 5, and
install up to around 70 CRM 3.0 users.  CRM 4.0 workgroup instead
ships with 5 CALs and doesn't allow you to install anymore than that.
Just like CRM 3.0 SBS, you can only define 1 organization in a
workgroup installation.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 professional has been replaced by CRM 4.0
professional and CRM 4.0 enterprise editions.  CALs for both versions
are purchased individually (they do not come in packs), and there is
no limit to the number of CALs you can install.  CRM 4.0 professional
allows you to define only 1 organization in its installation ala CRM
3.0.  CRM 4.0 enterprise lets you to have more than 1 organization in
its installation.

Other than for the number of organizations you can define in a single
installation and the number of CALs that can be installed, all the CRM
4.0 editions are identical in feature set and come with the same look-
and-feel.

All CRM 4.0 editions can run on any of the windows server 2003 family
( SBS, 32bit, 64bit) or newer windows server platforms.  CRM 4.0 uses
new functionality available in SQL Server 2005, so if you were running
CRM on an older SQL Server installation, you have to also upgrade to
SQL Server 2005.

Old CRM 3.0 CALs cannot be migrated, upgraded, or installed into CRM
4.0 retail editions.  But, the 10 CALs that ship with the Action Pack
can.

0
anedza (69)
3/4/2008 4:40:26 PM
B.T.W.

The new SQL Server 2005 functionality that is being used by CRM 4.0 is
multi-currency.

0
anedza (69)
3/4/2008 4:50:49 PM
Thanks for the write up. So if you had 12 users on Microsoft CRM SBS 3.0 it
seems you can't upgrade to the workgroup edition due to the number on user
CALs. Right? So does that mean we need to upgrade to the professional
edition? Will we have to pay any license fees for the upgrade?

0
Nahi (1)

Running average
Hi Guys, Been struggling a bit on this so a pointer would be great. Just a simple example would do.. tableA with two fields "Startdate" and "Amount" now i need a running average in the query which would give me the following output: [Startdate] - [amount] - [average] 1-1-2010 - 100 - 100 2-1-2010 - 50 - 75 3-1-2010 - 60 - 70 So in the average column the last value should be the average of the sum of the previous records and the current records (being the average of the total). I know that the fieldnames are...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

SMTP Connectors #4
Hi, I have a problem with two Front-End servers in NLB. I have two connectors with address space *, one connector with cost 10 the other with cost 20 for connector availability purposes. Inbound mails are targeted to FrontEnd1, outbound mails should go from FrontEnd2 (e.g. MX for FrontEnd1 cost is 10; MX cost for FrontEnd2 is 20) Connectors: FrontEnd1 - Address space * - cost 10 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd1; FrontEnd2 - Address space * - cost 20 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd2 The problem: If both servers are up and running and somehow some mail ends in queue on FrontEnd2 it correctly crea...

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003

can't customize toolbar

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...