Can a user update his own information

I've played around with the permissions but cannot seem to give a user
permission to update his own phone numbers, email, etc. in CRM.  This doesn't
seem like an IT function at all but we keep having to update this information
for our CRM users.  Please help.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How do I give a user the same rights as SA?
Hello Is it possible to give specific users the same admin rights as the SA account? Thanks Craig Make it POWERUSER in GP10. Thanks "Craig" wrote: > Hello > > Is it possible to give specific users the same admin rights as the SA account? > > Thanks > > Craig Hi Naseer Thanks for your reply. We are using GP 9, and I am not sure how to make a user a POWERUSER. Could you be more specific? Thanks a lot Craig "Naseer Farooqi" wrote: > Make it POWERUSER in GP10. > > Thanks > > "Craig" wrote: > > > Hello &...

Can I add a domain to the Blocked Senders list?
I am just getting used to Outlook 2003 and trying to make use of the SP{AM filter. I see that when I right click on a message that one of the options id to add a sender to the "Blocked Senders List" Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Thanks Dunc Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? There is an easy way, if you're running Outlook 2003+SP1. Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail...

Can I embed a clickable link that includes command line arguments?
I 'm familiar with the process of embedding a clickable link to a file located on a share accessible to the recipient, and do so regularly by using a UNC formatted path: \\ServerName\Path\to the \location\of the\file (Interesting ... the "<" ">" I wrapped the above line in dissappeared as soon as I entered the close bracket. In Outlook [plain text] I'm not used to that happening.) My question: is it possible to do the same thing to launch a .exe (or ..cmd) with command line arguments? Something like: \\UNC Path\Executable /argument1 /a...

How can I asign a number value to a text line in Excel?
tI have a Backgammon Club with Internal Club Rankings that are in Text. I want my members to report their wins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - in tournaments to my web site . I would like them to imput: their nickname, date of tournament, tournament Room #, tournament points played for, and host of the tournament. I would further like the calculation to display any change in Ranking as a text cell. Additionally, I want to show for the member, how many more points are needed to get to the next levle and what that (Text)level is. If there is a "what if" for this please advise. Ri...

users can't login on one PC
I have 1 PC that was just upgraded to GP 10 SP 2 and now only the SA can login. When a regular user account tries to login they get the error: "The login failed. Attempt to login again or contact your system administrator" That same id is able to login on every other PC so I know it is not SQL DB security and the SA can login from this PC so i am pretty sure it is not the ODBC. Any help would be appreciated. Fliehigh OK So I figured it out this DSN was setup using the IP address of the SQl server and the rest where using the DNS name. I changed it and it worked great. Fli...

Control can't be edited; it's bound to a replication system column 'TableName'.
I have an Access 2007 accdb database. It hast a table in it with field names TableName and FieldName and a bunch of others. This table has had a small number of records added to it (37) over the life of the database. Suddenly, the two fields TableName and FieldName cannot be edited. That is even if the table is open as a table and you try to type a new record. When you do that an error message is briefly displayed in the left hand end of the Access main window's status bar. For example if you try to input anything into the TableName field you will be blocked and you will briefl...

Can't download bank statement to Money
I've not had this problem until today. No bank data is getting downloaded to MONEY and I don't know if it's the program issue or if there is any virus going on to affect this. Thanks for your help. Without more information from you, I can only tell you that I've not had any problems downloading bank data. Some useful information would be the bank you are using, the version of Money, and the error you are receiving. If you don't get an error, you may not have any transactions to download at this time. "Hannah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Outlook 2000 Starts with Information Box
On some computers running NT4 and Exchange 5.5 with XP pro Clients A message box appears about macros added to additional files, why does this box appear? and how do I stop it from appearing every time I sart Outlook 2000? Please state the full error you get. You can control macro's in Outlook by Tools-> Macro-> Security -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the new...

Auto Update in Forms
Please help. I am totally terrible in Access and need simple instructions. I have a form that all it has is the employee name control and the employee id number control listed like this: requestor (employee name) tag number (employee id) Can someone give me a simple method for putting in the requestor name and the tag number will pop up automatically. Created a query called qrytaguser which has both fields in it to try to make this happen. Read several forums, but I don't understand VBA code to translate the suggestions. Thanks in advance. -- Johnny ...

cannot download updates for office mac 2004 student/teacher edition
Hello, I have not been able to download office updates for my 2004 version of Office Mac student/teacher since 2005/2006 at home. I first had it on my iBook G4 and received updates no problem until late 2005 early 2006. Then I could only get the updates when I used the open internet connection at the Apple store or another open connection not in my house. When I bought my new iMac G5 and installed the second of three licenses on this computer, I could not get updates for this one either. However, my friend, who is using the third license, had no problem getting the updates for his Macbook...

How Do I Change Where Outlook Store It's Information?
Greetings, I have several profiles in my Outlook 2000. For some reason two of them are using the same .pst file. Is there somewhere in Outlook that I can change the default .pst file name where that profile stores information? Any help would be most appreciated. TIA -Minitman Change the pst-file name or location to anything or anywhere you want. When you start Outlook it will prompt you for the file. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully custom...

An automated way of comparing an old spreadsheet with an updated version
Hi, I recieve an updated spreadsheet each month showing the newer entries at the bottom of the sheet. What i need to do is find a way that this newer data can be compared to previous entries to see if it has been entered before (i.e Mr Smith was entered in Jan and again in May) Currently I am having to manually search through the spreadsheet (about 400 cells) and I figure there must be an easier way! Thanks in advance Alex Hi Alex Assuming that you have headers in row 1 and your data you are wanting to search is in column A, enter in a blank column =COUNTIF(A:A,A2) and copy down as far a...

how to script with user variables in outgoing messages
I want to know if its possible to do this. My company has changed its domain name, and the email addresses will now reflect this domain name. I want to know if its possible to script a notice that goes out with each message, saying that the new email address is now username@newdomain.com. We have an email disclaimer configured, and I was thinking we could script a note in this disclaimer text saying something like: My new email address is now: %username%@newdomain.com, this way, each user that sends a message, the script will append the username variable to domain name. Is something l...

Updating all Fields in Word Document
I need to update all fields in the Word document. I have some of the fields in drawing canvas too. I have tried this, which works fine, but except drawing canvas. http://word.tips.net/Pages/T003879_Updating_a_Field_in_a_Text_Box.html Thank you -- Regards Jan Kratochvil Windows Vista Business SP2, Office 2007 SP 2 Sub UpdateAllFields() Dim oStory As Range For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges oStory.Fields.Update If oStory.StoryType <> wdMainTextStory Then While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing) Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange ...

Can't delete a personal folder
Hello. My problem is that I somehow ended up with an extra personal folder and I simply can't delete it. I've tried moving the .PST file and creating a different one. No luck. I've even uninstalled outlook 2000 three times to no avail. After I uninstalled it I looked in "My Documents and Settings" where Outlook and other applications leave data behind and I deleted everything that I found but that didn't work either. I reinstalled Outlook 2000 and there was my Personal Folder again! When I click on the properties and I try to close it it says "Ob...

Updating a form after using a workflow rule to update the entity.
I have a workflow rule that, on create of a contact, calls an assembly and updates an attribute of that assembly. It works a treat, but after saving, the attribute does not appear in the form. I have to close and re-open the contact to see the attribute. Is there any way to have this display immediately? Thanks Saira ...

Preventing users from saving forms into unprotected formats
I need to stop users from saving forms into unprotected formats, e.g. RTF (believe it or not, my users like to mess about with form layout, creating business interoperability problems) I have successfully intercepted the FileSave and FileSaveAs commands. I also need to intercept the Save As dialog which comes up for a new dialog when the file is closed, so I'm using a BeforeDocumentClose event handler. I would like them to be able to choose not to save, so I give them a YesNoCancel message, but I can't prevent the regular message coming up if they click No on my message...

Can't open some mail after upgrade
Hello.. We upgraded our server to Exchange 2003. After the upgrade our clients using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 do not seem to be able to open mail that has been forwarded more than once and contains attachments. I can forward the same piece of mail to someone using an Outlook 2003 client and they can open it, but the client using Outlook 2000 cannot view the mail, preview the mail, forward the mail or even see or save the attacment. The error is: "Can't open this item. Could not complet the operation because the service provider does not support it." Any help...

Problem with KB982526 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for
If I install this update and then reboot my computer freezes right after the boot screen animation... The only way I can get my system back is to boot safe mode and uninstall the update.... Tried this three times, twice thru windows updates, once with the downloaded update files from microsoft I'm running Win7 ultimate x64 HELP! HOW TO Hide an [Optional, non-security] Update... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html Tim S wrote: > If I install this update and then reboot my computer freezes right after > the...

News: Mac BU sweetens Office 2008 upgrade deal (Updated)
Microsoft has modified its special offer for potential Mac Office users. Those who are just dying for a copy of Office now but are waiting for the January release of Office 2008 can now buy any version of Office 2004 for Mac and upgrade to 2008 Special Media Edition for the cost of shipping. That's $6.99 in the US or $10 in Canada-I guess Microsoft hasn't heard yet that the US dollar is valued below the Canadian dollar now. But how is this different from the previous offer? In September, the "free" upgrade to 2008 was for an equivalent version of Office. So, for exampl...

Four New KBs Issued on Updating Office 2003 SP1 Aug 18, 2004 (from Sloan Crayton?--Thanks)
*Recent KBs that May Help with the Epidemic or Pandemic of Office 2003 Installation Problems* You cannot update your Office 2003 program to Service Pack 1 (August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;884298 Description of numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in Office 2003 (August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=832672 Frequently asked questions about the local install source feature in Office 2003(August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=830168 How to troubleshoot an update installation by using log file...

User Interface stops working
Hi, I am developing an application using MFC in MS Visual Studio 2005. I created a single dialog based MFC application. The framework generates the code required to create the single dialog box. In the InitInstance() function, the dialog box is created using DoModal() to create a modal dialog box. I have added a tab control in the main dialog box. I have 5 tabs. For each tab, I create a dialog box using MFC. Each dialog box contains various buttons and controls. One dialog box contains an ActiveX control object. When a particular tab is selected by the user, the corresponding dialog ...

can't edit or delete rules in Outlook 2002
Hi All, In the Rules Wizard, some rules are shown, but I cannot Edit Modify or Delete them or see the conditions for them. Nor if I click the RUN NOW button do the rules show in the rules list box. Other rules are OK. Why does this happen? Can this be fixed? Does it make a difference that this pst file was viewed in Outlook 2003 (but not converted to Outlook 2003)? Many thanks in advance ...

Can not create mailbox on new volume
Hi, I installed new volume and attached through SCSI to Exchange 2003 server. I created new database on new volume and started to move mailboxes in order to free space. When I try to create new mailbox in new volume it,s fault. i can create account , but not mailbox.i can create on old volume and after to move. I do not know if this is active Directory problems or new HD. Please, help >>When I try to create new mailbox in new volume it,s fault. What does the error say? Is the new store mounted? Vlad wrote: > Hi, > I installed new volume and attached through SCSI to Exchang...

Update Problem 06-29-10
Recently, I downloaded & installed updates by going to the Windows Update site -- just like I regularly do, . The update process went fine -- all updates were installed. NOW, however, the program (Acronis) that I regularly use to backup my hard-drive crashes with a BSOD specifying a kernel error. I guess that I will have to UNinstall these updates to be able to run that program. Is there any way I can find out which update is causing the problem so I only have to UNinstall only one of these updates? I use WinXP Pro SP2. Is there an echo in here? => http://groups.google...