Campaign Response Conversion

I'm closeing a campaign response and converting it to an opportunity.  After
I do this, the record becoems read-only.  Is there any way to indicate that
this record has been converted on the Campaign Response Associate View.
Thanks in advance.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Steve, one way to achieve this is:
* Customize the campaign Response's "StatusCode" (display name is "Status
Reason") attribute to add a new value called Converted. There are multiple
"States" of a campaign response (Open, Cancelled and Closed). This new value
should be added to "Closed" and make this new value a default for "Closed"
State.
* Add another value say "Closed Unconverted" under the "Cancelled" state and
make that a default for the Cancelled state.

Now if you convert a response to any entity (select any of the first three
options on that "Convert" form), then the Status reason for that campaign
response will show up as "Converted". And if you select a last option
(Close) and set the status as "Cancelled", then the status reason for that
response will show up as "Closed Unconverted".

You would also now be able to 'advanced find' the campaign responses for a
particular campaign that were 'converted' vs 'closed unconverted' to do the
ROI calculation.

This is a long winded solution. Ideally one would be able to just customize
the "Closed" state to add more values and be able to select that from the
convert dialog. I've filed that issue to be considered in the future
versions. But I hope this solution helps you for now.

--
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager

You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
> I'm closeing a campaign response and converting it to an opportunity.
> After
> I do this, the record becoems read-only.  Is there any way to indicate
> that
> this record has been converted on the Campaign Response Associate View.
> Thanks in advance.

0
Manisha

Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string
Hello: I get the following error message in SQL 2005 Management Studio: Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string. I get this when I run a "select * from" query against a view called "DEBITMEMOGLFISCALYEARS". Here is the programming of this view: ALTER VIEW [dbo].[DEBITMEMOGLFISCALYEARS] AS SELECT CASE WHEN GLPOSTDT BETWEEN '2007-03-01 00:00:00.000' AND '2008-02-29 00:00:00.000' THEN '2007' WHEN GLPOSTDT BETWEEN '2008-03-01 00:00:00.000' AND '2009-02-28 00:00:00.000' THEN '2008' WHEN ...

DateTime conversion from Korean
Greetings! I need to convert a number of time values that look like "1/6/2010 ¿ÀÈÄ 10:28:51" and "1/7/2010 ¿ÀÀü 7:45:00" to DateTime values. Needless to say, it's not working. I'm pretty sure that the reason is that the "¿ÀÈÄ" and "¿ÀÀü" are the Korean equivilents of "AM" and "PM". Can anyone tell me which is which? Thanks! Don Hi Can you use REPLACE those letters with '' and then convert to date time ? select cast('...

Need help in string conversion
Hi, This might be a stupid question, but being a novice I can't help without asking someone. How can I convert a string to LPTSTR? For example I have, string command = "runMe -f test.txt"; command += anotherString; LPTSTR commandLine = command; //this won't work and that is where I need your help. Thanks in advance, Rajesh LPTSTR can become a LPWSTR or LPSTR based on whether you have UNICODE defined. You can relate 'string' to LPSTR and 'wstring' to LPWSTR. So you have two options. 1. Use a generic 'tstring' which becomes a string/...

.doc to .xls conversion
I am trying convert an .doc (that was saved from an .rtf file) to an .xls spreadsheet. The doc has tables and page breaks, but when I try to send over to excel the column's are not in the proper format. Anyone have any ideas? Thx I've had a similar problem and would be interested in the solution. "ExcelConversion" <ExcelConversion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115A942F-4AE6-477D-A6FB-A07370479F18@microsoft.com... > I am trying convert an .doc (that was saved from an .rtf file) to an .xls > spreadsheet. The doc has tables and page break...

Creating template responses
Hi, I would like to create, (in Outlook 2000 and 2002) standard responses. The sort of thing I have in mind is : Being able to select New, <<specific template>> and then to have a template displayed - with set text but up to 3 or 4 fields for data input. and then to send the the message as an email. Can I ask... what is the best way to go about this ? and hopefully to be able to design/build using Outlook 2000 and then import/install the templates to an Outlook 2002 machine. Any and all help is most gratefully received. Kind Regards, Matt (PS : please remove the obvious from t...

SDK question
I've done a bunch of work with the SDK but can't seem to get add a campaign response, I've verified that my credentials are fine as I can perform a lot of other functions but can't nail this one down. Is there anyway to get a more meaningful error message than "Server can't process request"? Here's my code: Dim service As New CrmService Dim myCreds As System.Net.NetworkCredential = New System.Net.NetworkCredential myCreds = GetMyCredentials() service.Credentials = myCreds ' Get Current User Id D...

Conversion from Quicken #2
I "converted" from Quicken 2004 to MS Money 2005. However, when I converted the QIF file, only a few of the transactions appear as they should and the balances of various accounts did NOT transfer. I do get a zillion "zero" transactions. I'm thinking those represent my other transactions, but the relevant data for those got lost someplace. I would appreciate anybody's help on this one. God bless. Scott That sounds like the same symptoms I had when trying to import Quicken2004 into Money2004. You must have Money 2005 AND you need an online update in order ...

How do you hide the conversation headlines in outlook 2003?
I want to thread my e-mails without having the conversation headlines showing... Less clutter.. How can I get rid of the conversation headlines? you can make the conversation group smaller but not remove it (without turning off grouping) View, arrange by, customize, define view.... select the view and click modify - it's under other settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

Out of office response for several internet domains
I have an Exchange Server 2003 that has several Internet domains in it. When we enabled the "Out of the Office" in the default properties of the Internet Message Format, it only works with the main domain. For example, when we send a message to test@domain1.com (domain1 is the main domain) the automatic response works, but, if we send a message to test@domain2.com, it doesn't work. Could anybody help with that? Thanks Out of office responses are sent once per sender. If you sent a message from an external account to test@domain1.com and got the Out of Office noti...

Quicken 2005 Conversion
Does anyone have an answer to this conversion from Quicken 2005 to Money 2005, money says can't find all the quicken files? Based on what I have read, a lot of problems with Money2005,in spite of a lot of reviews that placed Money over Quicken. I might just stay with Quicken, >Subject: Quicken 2005 Conversion >From: "kentalk" anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 9/23/2004 6:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time >Message-id: <1e0501c4a1be$9982a270$a401280a@phx.gbl> > >Does anyone have an answer to this conversion from >Quicken 2005 to Money 2005, mo...

Currency Conversion formula
I need anyones help.. I need a formula that converts the Pound to us dollars and another one that converts us dollars to pound. Can anyone help me Mel -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com With your Pounds in A2, and your Pound/$ conversion factor in B2, enter =ROUND(A2/B2,2) in Col C2. To calculate your $/Pound (If you want to use exactly the same ratio, which is not always correct), in Col F2 enter =1/B2, with your $ value in Col E2. In Col G2 enter =ROUND(E2/F2,2) "Mel Garcia via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I need anyones help.. I need a formula that converts the...

outlook 2002 over XP (response after MAIL FROM )
Hi, I have written a mail filtering driver. It is working fine for OL 2000 and outlook express but OL 2002 over XP is giving some problem. alttough at the same time OL 2002 over 2k works without any issue. i tried to see what does OL 2002 expects after sending MAIL FROM, but a simple pass thru says that it is 250 OK. I am sending 250 OK but it is not working and OL hangs after sending MAIL FROM. Want to know is there any issue or difference between OL 2002 over 2k and OL 2002 over XP ??? is there any timeout restriction or some extra checks done for XP ??? I will be thankful in case you c...

Lead Tab
I am converting the Potential Account Size field to in Lead Tab - Web Info Tab to a combo box using jscript in the OnLoad event. This code worked just fine in the Salutation field in Lead Tab-General Tab but refuses to work in this field and I am relatively new to jscript. Can someone give me a clue to what is wrong? Here is the code: //DROP DOWN BOX FOR POTENTIAL ACCOUNT SIZE //The potential account size lookup field to change. var fieldN = "new_potentialaccountsize"; //I'm saving the current potential account size value to set it as the default in the created combobox. ...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Menu type conversion
Hello fellow newsgroupies! Is it possible to convert a child / sub / drop-down menu into a normal horizontal window main menu (ie like the ones which have File, Edit View, Window, Help etc)? The reason for this is that I want to select the main menu of a window from one of the child / sub / drop-down windows of a main menu depending upon which options are required etc. At the moment I am having to create the new menu by laboriously duplicating each menu item of the selected sub menu. I deally I would just like to select the sub menu, remove it from the original menu and use it as a main hor...

File Conversion Question
backup.pst Outlook 2003 version Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? What other possible solutions could be employed? Thank you. denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > backup.pst Outlook 2003 version > > Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? Only by using Outlook 2003 to create a 2002-format PST and then copying or exporting the data to the 2002-format PST. -- Brian Tillman Thank you! >-----Original Message----- >denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >...

Date conversion #6
I have a database with date in the following format: "200209021600" so 2 september 2002 16:00 hr I cannot figure out how to convert this text to the actual date and time Who can help me? Thanks in advance Kristiaan Hi Kristiaaan, This formula works for me: =--(TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00 00\:00")) Don't forget to format the cell as date. Regards, KL "Kristiaaan" <Kristiaaan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E445E7D-7B2C-4CDE-939B-DC35EAF6CBBE@microsoft.com... >I have a database with date in the following format: > "2002090...

BSTR to CString Conversion in Windows XP
(this is a re-post from the vstudio.development newsgroup) I am using Visual C++ Version 6.0 SP 5 to convert a BSTR (returned from an XML transform) to a CString for further manipulation/return. This is done in a base class which several classes inherit from, which then call this Transform function to get the XML transform results back. The entire class works fine in Windows 2000 and it works fine in Windows XP under most circumstances. I have found, however, that the conversion fails in Windows XP when the length of the string represented in the BSTR is somewhat large (it is faili...

Conversion from Quattro Pro 12 to Excel
How can I convert files from Quattro Pro 12 (issued 2004) to Exel Studend & Home 2007? Everything I have found deals only with earlier Quattro versions and Excel 2003. I can creat a readable, but not workable file in Excel. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Screen.MousePointer = hand in VB 6.0 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/16e5eb76-3f70-42c1-89b6-8610d3712835/screenmousepointer--han.aspx This is what Corel has to say: Need to open a file? Have a Corel file that you need to access? Download a free 30-day trial of the Corel prog...

Different response times...
I have a VB 2005 program that uses an Access 2000 database that sits on a network drive. I'm using an oledb connection. From my PC, either through Visual Studio, or running the app itself, the program can query the database quickly (maybe a quarter second for a simple INSERT query). If I'm running the app from another pc on the network, the same INSERT query is taking about 12 seconds. I have tested this same program on multiple PCs with the same result. Also I installed Visual Studio on one of the 'slow' PCs and the response time went from 12 seconds down to 3 or 4 sec...

HELP: Email body deleted when I receive voting response
Hi All, Whenever I vote using voting buttons, Email body gets deleted when the voting response is sent. So for eg: If I have enabled voting buttons and asked to vote on something from person xyz, the person xyz votes "accept" or "reject" and the email body is deleted when I receive the vote response email. Is there a solution for this? I want the email body to stay when I receive the voting responses. Thanks in advance. ...

Crystal Reports with VB6/Access2000 to SQLServer7 conversion
A complicated single page Crystal Reports form which works perfectly from an operational access 2000 .mdb appears to have a capacity problem when run from a SQLServer7 recordset. The full form gives a Crystal error message referring to paging problems. The form with only half the fields on prints but shows garbage in many fields. The form with only a minimum of fields works OK. Could someone tell me where the problem is and hopefully suggest a solution? ...

Conversion problem
Hello all, When I enter a new Lead in CRM, and I convert the Lead to an Account, a Contact and an Opportunity, some fields (with content) are not 'transfered'; after I look into the new Contact/Account/Opportunity I see empty boxes. The corresponding fields (on the different forms) point to exactly the same 'schema-names', but somehow the data is not copied from the LeadAddressBase table to the CustomerAddressBase table. Has anyone experienced the same problem, and if so, how did you solve it? Regards, Johan Klein | Lost Boys | The Netherlands Check your Deployment Manag...

US Data conversion to UK Money
Just recently moved to the UK from the US and was told by microsoft that I need to use the UK version of Microsoft money to be compatible with the UK cheques. When I installed the UK version it could not read my US files because it said that the "language was incompatible". Does anyone have a suggestion so that I don't need to recreate 10 years of US history just to print a checque in the UK? ...

Meeting invitation responses going to deleted user
I have a user (call him "Kevin"). He sends a meeting invitation to anyone. That person responds (doesn't matter what the response is). Kevin gets the response, but the invited user gets a bounce message saying the response couldn't be deliverd to "Mike Foobar". "Mike Foobar" no longer works here (he used to work for Kevin), and his AD account and Exchange mailboxes were deleted months ago. Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003. We had a number of problems with our old Exchange 2000 hardware, so I set up a new server, moved all the mailboxes, and then ...