Calling a DLL from the wrokflow

Hi all,

I am new to CRM. I need a clarification with respect to a error code that
appears to haunt the eventvwr often, when i am trying to call a .Net DLL from
the
CRM workflow. The error description looks like this in the eventvwr"<code> 0
X 80040217 </code>" it says that the workflow is stopped and i need to check
the workflow monitor for more details. When i do the same the workflow
monitor displays "Ok" to all the workflow events including the call to DLL. I
am confused Please help.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Call Stored Procedure from a User Defined Function?
Hi, SQL*Server 2005... We want to use a feature of a 3rd party package which lets you execute an sql select statement to retrieve info from our database. What we want to do is not only retrieve the info, but update the table it comes from to indicate the data has been extracted (so a subsequent call does not retrieve info that's already been extracted). I found you couldn't do updates in a user defined function. I wrote a stored procedure which does everything I need it to do: update the table and return a result set table. Problem is - the 3rd party package can't do &...

Billing Address on Service Call Entry Screen
When in the service call entry screen, if you have selected a peice of equipment, which is covered under a support contract, the billing address changes to the billing address of the contract. However, if you subsequently remove the service call from being covered under the contract, the billing address should revert back to the billing address on firstly the service debtor extensions card, or the billing address on the debtor card. It currently does not. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote fo...

msvc60.dll missing
HI Everyone When installing a particular component of an application, I get the error message box saying that MSVC60.DLL is missing.Installation went thru when i copied this dll from another machine to mine. Anyone's got a comment on this? Thanks in advance Warm regards Nayak Nayak, When installing an application to a machine, you must make sure that all redistributable DLLs the app depends on, as well as the DLLs the DLLs depends on etc. :-))) gets installed as well. This is a major hassle, that I personally solve by using an installset creator taking care of the details for me (WIS...

Calling one UDF from another in a different module
Do I need to do anything special to be able to call one UDF from another UDF in a different add-in module? For some reason, I keep getting "Compile Error: Sub or Function not defined". I have them declared as Public: Public Function MyUDF(p1,p2,...) Hi That should be fine. you must have a problem with the name of the function or its definition. regards Paul On Apr 27, 11:59=A0pm, Prof Wonmug <won...@e.mcc> wrote: > Do I need to do anything special to be able to call one UDF from > another UDF in a different add-in module? > > For some reason,...

Problem related to Dialog Box in a Regular Dll?
Hi All I have created a Regular Dll that statically links with MFC. I want to have a dialog box as a part of my dll. So i insertted a dialog box & created its coressponding classes namely : CDllDialog.h & CDllDialog.cpp. Then i created 2 more .h & .cpp classes namely MyExportClass.h & MyExportClass.cpp The code for the class is as follows: class __declspec(dllexport)MyExportClass { public: BOOL Show_Image_In_ImageViewer(char* cImgFileName, DWORD dwSectorNo, DWORD dwImageSize); }; #include "stdafx.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream.h> #in...

My regular MFC DLL with OCX control dialog does not show!! Please HELP!!
Is it possible to use OCX object in MFC created regular DLL ? The dialog box is from dll function with OCX control still does not show. If I remove the OCX control from dialog box, it would show up. Please help!!! My both simple dll and exe programs are generated by MFC AppWizard. I can attach my simple program. Thanks for any help!!! The exe file to call dll: void CMainFrame::OnRundll() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here HINSTANCE hInst = LoadLibrary("dll2.dll"); if (hInst == NULL) printf("couldn't load\n"); else { myFuncPtr pFunction = ...

XmlTextReader-derived class
I have a class derived from XmlTextReader. It implements the following methods: public override void ReadEndElement() public override void ReadStartElement() public override string ReadString() public override bool Read() When the class is used to read a document, the Read override is called many times and I can see the document contents being stepped through using base.LocalName etc. What I don't understand is that the other three overrides are never called. Samples I've found on Google seem to indicate that all ReadXXX methods are called when a relevant document item is enc...

VBA: Worksheet_Calculate() Not being called
All- I have read plenty about how people feel that their worksheet_calculate gets called too often, but how about my situation: It never gets called, and I am not so sure why. I tried recalcing the sheet but the event never seems to get called. when I open the file though, it does get called. I am very confused. Any help woudl be appreciated. Thanks. Here is the code for my worksheet: Option Explicit Dim StartProg As Boolean Dim i As Integer Private Declare Function PlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" _ Alias "PlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszName As String, _ ByVal hModule As Lon...

MSCRM Call Scheduling Add-on
Does anyone know of any add-on to CRM 4.0 that will help my call center staff better schedule their calls? If they each manage, say, 500 accounts, then what I want is a regular 45-day call schedule and a nice easy-to-digest view in CRM that shows them which calls they need to make for the day etc. ...

problem with call to GetDefaultPrinter in Winspool.h
I am setting up a new development machine. I moved my source code over but now I am getting a syntax error on the Windows SDK Get/SetDefaultPrinter calls saying it is an undefined identifier. On my old machine, the function is defined in WinSpool.h. The WinSpool.h on my new machine does NOT have that function defined in it. It has been a while since I set up my original machine and just can't remember doing anything different than running the standard VC++/MFC installation. What am I missing here? Is there a different version of the WIndows SDK that I need to install in addit...

pure virtual function call iexplore.exe runtime error
Hi, sometimes i get a runtime error named "pure virtual function call" from the executable "iexplore.exe". i use a lot of dhtml technology and javascript inside my website i.e. it depends heavily on scripting. but i think it has something to do with the transition technology build-in the ie that i use (Interpage Transition with directx). If someone knows what this is, suggestions are appreciated... Thanks in advance... Best Regards Kerem G�mr�kc� hi, thank you for the information, but how can this occur within the internet explorer runtime. seems to be a bug or s...

MFC Icon Handler's IExtractIcon::GetIconLocation() never gets call
I'm using the MFC COM macros to implement an Icon Handler. The DLL gets loaded, I eventually get a call to QueryInterface() (actully, IPersistFile::QueryInterface()), and eventually a call to IPersistFile::Load(). Next, I get another IPersistFile::QueryInterface call which returns a pointer to the IExtractIcon interface, but none of the IExtractIcon methods ever get called (except for AddRef() and Release()); specifically, GetIconLocation() is never called, and neither is ExtractIcon(). I've run this in the VS debugger, attaching to the explorer window and putting breakpoints o...

SetWaitableTimer/SetTimer call back is not getting called
I have created a worker thread using CreateThread() function. I created a Timer Event using CreateWaitableTimer. I set the timer event using SetWaitableTimer and I include a call back function to be called when the timer expired. However, I do not hit the call back function. Is there any special code I need to add for this? Here is the snippet from my code. void CreateSTEventsAndThreads() { DWORD IDThread; stThreadEvents[0] = CreateEvent(NULL, FALSE, FALSE, NULL); timerEvent = CreateWaitableTimer(NULL, FALSE, "WaitableTimer"); stThreadHandle = CreateThread(NULL, 0,...

CRM3.0: Asp.net Service call from CRM page prompt UserName/passwo...
Hi i have a little problem and can't find any solution i hope that someone can help me. 1- i have developed a web service(asp.net) to clone records for MSCRM3.0 with VS2003 on my dev machine. 2 - then i created a virtual dir for my service under crm website next to MSCRMServices virual dir like myCloneService. 3-then created a button on any entity page through isv.config.xml to call a html page from service virtual dir this html page call my service on button click using javascript and XMLHTTP ..its working fine on test machine but when i do above steps on crm server and try to acc...

MFC static DLL Export to Win32 app?
I would like to export mfc derived classes such as CDialogs in a regular DLL (statically linked to MFC) to a plain Win32 application. Or to rephrase this question, if I have an app that uses MFC, instead of dynamically linking to a MFC lib, can I dynamically link to a DLL, that is already statically linked to MFC? Because of redist issues, I need to statically link to MFC. I presently have several apps, whose overlapping functionality I'd like to consolidate into a single DLL. I understand that there are Extension DLLs, but this doesn't help me because it seems to require dynamic li...

calling methods on CWinThread object
I'll ask the short version of my question first: Is it safe to just call methods on a CWinThread object as a way of talking to the thread? I understand that this could cause blocking but I am not worried about that. Are there any other problems that could occur? Read on for more details. I have been searching around for the past week or so for the best solution to a threading problem that I am having. Basically I am trying to create a threaded modal progress dialog with a maximum of responsiveness and a minimum of message pumping. The purpose is to have quick-reacting cancel button (...

distribute mfc42.dll with the app?
My app crashes on win2003 server, but if it will work if I copy over an old mfc42.dll to my app directory. Is it a good idea to distribute mfc42.dll with my app? (I checked the mfc42.dll of Win XP against the one of Win2000, they seemed to be different.) Thanks. Wanjun It's OK to distribute this file, but you should localize it to your application directory so that it doesn't mess up any other applications that might get installed. You're right, there are a few versions with the same name on the DLL. Tom "Wanjun Yu" <wanjun_yu@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

export __gc class in mixed DLL?
I have added /clr option to an MFC dll and converted it to a mixed DLL. I have no problem creating a __gc class and use the __gc class inside the DLL. But I can't seem to use the __gc class outside the mixed DLL. If I try to use the __gc class in another DLL, I get a link error. So how to export the __gc class in a mixed DLL? Thanks. WJ "WJ" <WJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE922596-7286-47A3-8A0A-CE599208D011@microsoft.com... >I have added /clr option to an MFC dll and converted it to a mixed DLL. I > have no problem creating a __gc class...

Using C# dll as COM in an MFC application
Hello, I have written a C# dll in VS2005. One interface and class are exported using Interop Services. I want to use this c# dll in my MFC application, using VS2003. It compiles after I imported the dll to my MFC app. On runtime I get class not registered HR error in my MFC project. I use the code as follow: _NewActivationPtr myActivation = NULL; HRESULT hr = myActivation.CreateInstance(__uuidof(NewSupernaActivation)); I don't what to do. Do I have to use GACUtil to register? If I want to use GACUtil do I have to sign my project? Trying do it had failed, because my third party librar...

bad WAB.dll file
i have a corrupted WAB dll file and i can't send e-mails. actually i can't do anything that involves the address book. any suggestions on how to i can fix this. thanks Hi - Outlook doesn't use WAB files, but Outlook Express does. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.in...

Outlook 2000
Aloha! I unfortunately, deleted a dll file on my computer. It happend when cleaning it up after a virus attack. Outlook 2000 is not installing again correctly. While attemtig it I get the error message: Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. The key "DisplayName" is either missing or has an incorrect value. [File c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Forms\1033\CNFRES.CFG, Section Description] The article which was to solve the issue is here. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271141 I already followed the steps in it;...

C# call to ActiveX(written by MFC)
Hi All, If i have a activeX which is written by MFC, and i put it into the C# container(Program) and when i use the thread in the ThreadPool (BackgroundWorker) to call the ActiveX function, it seems that the called function will switched to another thread (Not the same thread in my C#) program, anyway to prevent it? And what thread will be used when called into the ActiveX function?Thanks. linuxfedora wrote: > Hi All, > > If i have a activeX which is written by MFC, and i put it into the C# > container(Program) and when i use the thread in the ThreadPool > (Backg...

Deployment of plugin dll application
Hi, I was hoping someone could help, I have a plugin application I am trying to put together a deployment project. The host application requires my plugin to be installed to a very specific directory which is relative to the hosts application folder. Ideally I would like the user to have find the host application folder initially using the installer. Then the installer to create the neccessary folder and install,, The developers of the host app actually have a program that searches the target computer for the host apps directory - to help with installers. I have no idea how this could be...

Another MFC extension DLL problem
I have an entry point defined like this: #ifndef BUILDING_UTILITY #define _UL_EXT_CLASS _declspec(dllimport) #else #define _UL_EXT_CLASS _declspec(dllexport) #endif void _UL_EXT_CLASS AttachToUtilityLib(LPCTSTR pszString) When I try to link the dll to another extension DLL, MyMessageBox is unresolved. If I take out the LPCTSTR parameter, it links fine. What could be wrong here? Maybe it's a name mangling issue, are this DLL's both C++ ? I assume you use different defines for your two DLL's otherwise you may have conlicts here. Cyrille Dupuydauby "David W. Simmo...

problem with dependency on atl71.dll
Hello, I have problem removing dependency on atl71.dll. I've tried these: defining /D "_ATL_STATIC_REGISTRY" and Properties->Config->General->UseOfATL : Static Link To ATL din't helped, still asking for missing dll when trying register my dll on Win2k. When I supply atl71.dll it's fine, but not sure if this is safe solution. can somebody advise on that? thanks Post this in ATL group instead (or atleast cross-post) --- Ajay ...