Calendar and Settings sometimes missing in CRM web interface

I refer to the message below from a few months ago, which Google
informs me I can no longer post to...

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=E5891C96-F093-43BF-80D7-48E168ACD54E@microsoft.com

Apparently there is a problem here that is caused by Outlook (with CRM
client) being open when CRM web interface is loaded - that when this
is done, the service schedule calendar is missing, and in my case, so
is the Settings tab/section.

Someone has suggested creating a different DNS alias for outlook to
use to connect to the CRM, so that IE and Outlook are using different
cookies.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it? Is the alias
method the right way to go? and does this use an additional
application that uses further server resources (i.e. having 2 CRM
instances running at the same time).

Many Thanks,

Martin.

0
Martin
8/15/2007 11:22:45 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

A second host name is the way to go. No additional resources are used, it's
just an additional name for the same CRM website. In IIS you add a new host
name to the CRM website, such as 'mscrm', and then in your DNS you need to
make sure that crm resolves to the correct location. That's it.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

On Aug 15, 7:50 pm, MattNC <Mat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> A second host name is the way to go. No additional resources are used, it's
> just an additional name for the same CRM website. In IIS you add a new host
> name to the CRM website, such as 'mscrm', and then in your DNS you need to
> make sure that crm resolves to the correct location. That's it.
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVPhttp://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

Thanks Matt, this is what i'll do then. As i'm an IIS novice, next
step is to figure out how to do this! Thanks again,

Martin

0
Martin

How to restore reports in CRM 4.0
I deleted all of the reports in CRM 4.0 from the GUI (using the X) How can I restore these? Thanks James James, Try the command: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server\Tools>PublishReports.exe MicrosoftCRM Peter Gernburd "JamesE" <JamesE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CC6D924-8FFB-4A59-A790-2CCD58FD2ED0@microsoft.com... >I deleted all of the reports in CRM 4.0 from the GUI (using the X) > How can I restore these? > > Thanks > > James Peter, I have already run this comand and the reports have been added to MS Repo...

CRM do not recognize different character set encoding for incoming e-mail???
I have a problem with some of incoming e-mail. If incoming e-mail character set is not unicode but for example Cyrillic then I dont see russian letters, but some scrawl!!! My Outlook recognize all what I need. Whats about CRM??? Sorry about my poor english. ...

Cannot set menu in MFC ActiveX control
I am dynamically creating a CMenu object and trying to assign it to my ActiveX control. Windows balks and gives me a 1436 error, something to effect that a child window cannot have a menu. It is not a child window, it is the instance of COleControl, the top level window. (I verified this by inspecting m_parentHwnd.) I am trying to assign the menu within the OnCreate event at which time the control has a valid handle, and have tried it before and after the call to the parent OnCreate. Does anyone know the magic words to make this work? Thanks On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:22:02 -0500, Duane A. C...

DPM sometimes uses too many tapes
Hi, i have problem with DPM long term backups on tape. I have collocation enabled so that is not a problem. Sometimes DPM uses too many tapes for same protection group, sometimes it uses 1, and then sometimes 2 - 4. Amount of data is always same. Can anybody help me please, what could be the problem? Hi Tornado, Can you explain protection group configurations as well as tape usage in detail, so that we can analyze on what is happening? Thanks, Jyothsna[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tornado" <Torn...

Sending e-mail to external recipient
Hi, We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade Users receive an error when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients. We are able to send e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail addresses. The general error is Failed to Initialize token. I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Donna You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access relay requests from the crm web server ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

can i have more sender in outlook setting ?
i using win server 2003 , exchange 2003 , i using exchange client in outlook to send & receive , but my boss have more than one mail address , can i use another AD mail address for send out mail , i have try to add a pop3 , the sender also is computer user thank your ...

Locks up when clicking on links in open web pages
I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct discussion group, and if not, sorry for the trouble. Could you direct me if I'm wrong? The issue is that the internet connection locks up if I click on a link or attempt to print from within an open website. It does not happen each time, but often enough to make me want to pull my hair! I have to shut down the connection - the message says it is 'not responding,' and reconnect, sometimes 2 or 3 times, to be able to use the link from the website. I have a second laptop, and it doesn't have this problem. ...

How do I send my Outlook calendar to my desktop?
I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any instructions to accomplish this task. Post link to said info? Dan wrote: > I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. > I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any > instructions to accomplish this task. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:855665E0-8B0B-4ABD-915A-A4EC509167F7@microsoft.com... >I would like to s...

getting added to other peoples meetings in shared calendar
I opened shared calendars in my group by choosing their name and then the email messages went out giving them access to my calendar and requesting to view theirs. Ever since, I have been copied in as a "required attendee" on all meetings for everyone. I get the calendar items on my calendar and emails requesting Accept or Decline in my inbox. When others view view thru their outlook, they do not see me as a required attendee? What am I doing wrong? are you adding them as delegates or just giving them permission to view the calendar (by right clicking on the calendar fold...

Can't Install IBF for CRM on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name testcrm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://testcrm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. -_-' . but i can access "http://testcrm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://testcrm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? I had the same problem - try using http://localhost:8082 for...

"Object variable or With block not set."
-- RiverCrescent On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:22:01 -0700, CedarPoint <CedarPoint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You are referencing a variable incorrectly or misspelling it. If you would like help fixing your code... post your code. We can't see it from here. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...

Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web
I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for viewing in a web browser. When I do so, the charts are too large to fit on one screen without scrolling. Is there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's browser window when you publish them? Jim - Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In: Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jim wrote: > I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site f...

How do I turn off the reminder bell on my calendar?
I have a lot of items in my calendar. However, the constant pop-ups and ringing bell are very annoying. How do I turn these off but leave my calendar entries intact for when I wand to pull them up. Thank you. Open them and change Reminder to "None". magoe99 wrote: > I have a lot of items in my calendar. However, the constant pop-ups and > ringing bell are very annoying. How do I turn these off but leave my > calendar entries intact for when I wand to pull them up. Thank you. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm - this will turn...

EmigrantDirect, wrong web address for online services (Money 2003)
Version: Money 2003 (I know, I know, I'll upgrade if I can ever get it to work correctly...) I used to be able to receive transactions from EmigrantDirect. However, as of last year, they changed their web address. The web address stored by Money is (https://cib-maintpg.ibanking-services.com/special/b321_maint.htm), which is no longer valid. Is there a way I can manually change the address, or guide Money to the right address? I have tried to go in through the browser in Money to download statements directly, but I can't seem to update the address so that automatic downloads...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...

CRM 4.0 CTP 3 Workflow problems
I'm trying to create a workflow that triggers on Status Change to the Quote Entity, which will create a new task. When I publish the workflow, and then try to do anything with a quote, I receive an error: You cannot switch the execution context's caller if the context is impersonating the system user. Has anyone else seen this in 4.0, and does anyone know what can be done to fix it? Thank you, Brett Whats the role of the user that has published the workflow? Whats the role of the user that is trying to perform action on the quote? If you unpublish the workflow, does the action ...

CRM permissions 04-20-04
A recently installed instance of CRM is not allowing users to create new objects; contacts, accounts, leads etc. from their desktops. The same user can add these objects from the CRM server. I figure it is a permission problem with the desktops but cannot find anything else to configure. The users have the appropriate permissions since they can add from the server. Any suggestions? Check their IE security settings. Also look in the bottom left hand corner of the IE screen to see if any scripting errors appear "Gifford" <Gifford99@msn.com> wrote in message news:1a5d01c4...

Create Calendar mtg invite template to avoid retyp'g conf no's?
I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new invite. How do I do this? In what version of OUtlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "GM" wrote: > I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my > conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new > invite. How do I do this?...

Email link to update Outlook --- Calendar
Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich the Recipient can click to have the their Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment information. I have seen this work, can't find inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks ...

Microsoft Hosted cRM
Is it possible using the Microsoft CRM Hosted environment to allow customization of form appearance based on Business Units, Roles or Teams? Without this ability I am finding it hard to justify even considering this application (as our customers have wildly varying data for their orders and invoices). Hi Chris This is definitely possible. We have tested this in our hosted environment sucessfully. I does require some custom JavaScript attached to the CRM form OnLoad event though. "Chris" wrote: > Is it possible using the Microsoft CRM Hosted environment to allow > cus...

Custom Report in CRM 3.0
Hi, I have a custom report built up using SSRS. My report project has two rdl files. First Report has some fields with links, on clicking any of the filed will show the details of the field in the second report. When I try to upload the report in CRM 3.0, I find only one RDL file can be uploaded. how do I upload both the files in crm?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Karthik You should able to upload both reports to CRM, when you try to upload the second report, what is the error? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 7, 10:28=A0am, K...

Great Plains Web Service Error
I am using the Dynamics GP Web services and receive the following error when calling GetSalesOrderByKey(salesDocumentKey, context), String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction? The sales orders are created in GP. 1) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: System.InvalidOperationException Message: There is an error in XML document (1, 2572). TargetSite: System.Object Deserialize(System.Xml.XmlReader, System.String, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlDeserializationEvents) HelpLink: NULL Source: System.Xm...

Need CRM overview
I will be evaluating CRM for my business and was hoping someone could list out the software and computing environment needed to make this work. Do I need to run a core crm app off a server? Is it all standalone? A laundry-list sort of thing would be most appreciated. Thanks! I need exactly what David needs, too. -- Jocelyn jocelyn.puegner@hotmail.com "David Smith" wrote: > I will be evaluating CRM for my business and was hoping someone could list > out the software and computing environment needed to make this work. Do I > need to run a core crm app off a serve...