Business Unit Form Customization

It would appear that there are unmapped 'string' fields (specifically:
'fileasname') within the BusinessUnit table that would be suitable for
my companies' use, however I am unable to find any simple means of
inserting them into the Business Unit form.

What suggested, and probably unsupported, methods might I use?
0
seleceus
4/16/2004 3:54:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jim,

It seems the the BusinessUnit table is locked down and isn't able to be
customized in a supported manner.  If you look at the Entity table in the
Metabase DB, you will notice that there is a column IsCustomizable there.  For
the BusinessUnit, this value is 0.  You could try changing this to 1 to see what
happens.

If it does end up allowing changes, then I would recommend adding a new field vs
using an existing one.  That way you will minimize the risk of an issue on the
upgrade.  You will then also be able to modify the form using the following
link:

http://CRMSERVER/tools/formEditor/formEditor.aspx?objectTypeCode=10

I have no idea if this will work and this is definately not supported.

Matt Parks

On 16 Apr 2004 08:54:56 -0700, seleceus@hotmail.com (Jim Everett) wrote:

It would appear that there are unmapped 'string' fields (specifically:
'fileasname') within the BusinessUnit table that would be suitable for
my companies' use, however I am unable to find any simple means of
inserting them into the Business Unit form.

What suggested, and probably unsupported, methods might I use?

0
Matt
4/16/2004 4:33:54 PM
With just a couple quick tweaks to the Entity table/column
permissions, this worked like a charm.

Many thanks,
Jim

Matt Parks <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message news:<pa20805636hhobdhi7bfu4h9ob08rkpt3a@4ax.com>...
> Jim,
>
> It seems the the BusinessUnit table is locked down and isn't able to be
> customized in a supported manner.  If you look at the Entity table in the
> Metabase DB, you will notice that there is a column IsCustomizable there.  For
> the BusinessUnit, this value is 0.  You could try changing this to 1 to see what
> happens.
>
> If it does end up allowing changes, then I would recommend adding a new field vs
> using an existing one.  That way you will minimize the risk of an issue on the
> upgrade.  You will then also be able to modify the form using the following
> link:
>
> http://CRMSERVER/tools/formEditor/formEditor.aspx?objectTypeCode=10
>

> I have no idea if this will work and this is definately not supported.
>
> Matt Parks

> On 16 Apr 2004 08:54:56 -0700, seleceus@hotmail.com (Jim Everett) wrote:
>
> It would appear that there are unmapped 'string' fields (specifically:
> 'fileasname') within the BusinessUnit table that would be suitable for
> my companies' use, however I am unable to find any simple means of
> inserting them into the Business Unit form.
>
> What suggested, and probably unsupported, methods might I use?
0
seleceus

Listing in previous records in Form by vertical scrolling
Please help, I would like to set up a form the way that if I enter the record I would like to see that record and access should open a new line where I can add a new record. I would like to scroll vertically in the old record to edit them eventually. I know that there can be a Record selection but I don't want that. Thank you for help. I cannot find it myself. On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:40:01 -0800, Jan <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help, > >I would like to set up a form the way that if I enter the record I would >like to see that record and access s...

Set a form as a subform without the Wizard?
Hello, Using Access97, can I somehow set a form I have as a subform in another existing form when I have the typical install and no install media? When I try to follow the Help system procedure it errors saying the necessary Wizard is not installed. Is it possible to do it by other means? Regards, ern. On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 00:26:16 +0100, "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote: >Hello, > Using Access97, can I somehow set a form I have as a subform in another >existing form when I have the typical install and no install media? When I >try to follow the Help system pr...

Scroll bar not showing in a text box on a continuous form
Hi I'm using Access XP and have a continuos form (which is a subfrom) which contains three text boxes. Each text box has its scroll bars property set to vertical yet they don't show. I tried using the on enter event to programatically set them using something like "myControl.scrollbars=2" but still they don't show and the code doesn't generate any error. This is a pain as the user doesn't know if there's more text than what's displayed. I'd like to avoid setting the height of the text box to show an extra half line so it's obvious as this...

Customer Account Terms to show on POS and on Receipts, Packing Lis
I would like to have the customer "Terms" show up on the receipt/packing list (i.e. Net 30 or Net 10th etc), as we have this value assigned to our customers on the database already. On the receipt template we have added a line for Terms: | " and tried the following: Customer.AccountType.Description Customer.AccountTypeID Customer.AccountReceivable.ID They all return an error when generating a Receipt as not being found, so it prints out a "0". To have it appear on the POS screen, we have it on the Caption tab as Text referencing the value from Customer.CustomTe...

H&S to Business install problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel A Mac I am working on had Office 2008 H&amp;S. I tried to install the upgrade edition of 08 Business edition which did not work. I then purchased the full Business edition and removed the current version and the .plist files as explained in the entourage.mvps site. I installed the full Business edition from a downloaded .dmg file and installed it from the provided key from the purchase page. After the install of that it shows this error when launch any of the office apps: &quot;This software is an upgrade to ...

Need Help Filtering a Form with VBA
I have a form whose underlying data comes primarily from "Table1" (for this example). On the form is a drop-down box that displays a field named "Primary OBS" for each record. "Primary OBS" is stored in "Table1". It is an index into another table "Table2" which contains a field named "Team Code". "Team Code" can look like "JD130000" or "JG320000", etc. What I need to do is to filter the records in the form by the first two letters of the "Team Code". In other words, the user ca...

Business Card -- insert calendar in bac k
Is there a way to insert a year calendar on the back of a business card. I designed a business card but I want to insert a calendar image on the back, as an aide to clients. I've tried to insert the business calendar template by reducing it as a gif. Yet, it becomes illegible. Inserting a month would render the card useless by the next month. A six-month calendar would work. But, how can I resample it so it would fit in the business card? Thank you. How about just typing it out on business card template. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Roxy" <Roxy@discussions.microsoft.com&...

POP Blank PO Form #2
Is there a way to limit the number of lines that are printed on a page? Want to limit 10 and then go to new page. -- Christopher Sorel ...

Text On Forms Becomes Blurry/Bold
Hi everyone, I have an interesting problem that I can't find a solution to. Once a form has focus for a few seconds, some of the text becomes blurry and slightly bold. There is no code on the form that would cause this to happen. I was wondering if anyone has seen a bug like this before. This only happens on some computers that use the database. I am using Office 2003. See these images: http://www.kslab.com/normal.jpg http://www.kslab.com/blurry.jpg Thanks in advance, Joshua Joshua Did you check at the Search sites? I've never heard of this happening before. Well, actua...

Professional Tools
When I try to run Customer Modifier in Professional Tools, I enter the starting customer number and new customer number, hit Convert, and after I choose continue when it tells me I need a backup, I get the following two error messages: "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server] Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '0210'" That error is followed by this one after I hit OK: "The stored procedure smCustomerChanger1 returned the following results: DBMS: 170, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0" Any ideas? Are you the ONLY user in GP when you are doing this? -- Richard L....

Help With Score Card / Questionnaire Type Form
This is part of a longer post I tried to send earlier. I am building an Access application that resembles a questionnaire or score card. This is occurring to capture data in a database instead using individual Excel spreadsheets as is the practice now. I need help with getting the form to look like the spreadsheet with multiple questions displayed on the screen at the same time. I have created a table, DM Checklist, that contains the fields store number, date, DM category, pt value and question, and score. I have other tables – DM Category Table, DM Category Comments Table, Sales ...

synchronizing forms on a tab control
I have placed a customer listbox on page one of a tab control. On page two I have a form bound to a customer table. When I select a customer in the listbox and click on the tab for page two I would like the form to show info for that customer. how can I synchronize the two? Steve, I would assume that your customer table has a key field like CustID. Use the combo (ex. cboCustID) to select a legitimate CustID. Make cboCustID the Parent, and CustID in the subform the Child. Use the AfterUpdate event of cboCustID to Requery the subform, whenever the value of cboCustID changes. -- ...

NEWBIE question. Fields with calculations correct on form not showing up on report?
I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows $0's. How do I get the report to show what's on my form? On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:00:37 -0800 (PST), p-rat <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk >types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. > >When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows >$0's. How do I ...

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...

Print Business Card in Card Style with Company Name
Using Outlook 2007 SP2. Viewing the contacts in card style format shows the companyname field. But when printing, the companyname is not printing. How can I get it to print with the company name? ...

Exporting all forms record either in a table or Excel 2007.( Any m
Dear All, i have a form that contains 347 records.I want a macro that copy all the field from each record and generate a table in access and save all the fields in a row. i.e Record 1 all fields should be saved in Table first row then record 2 in second row an so on till All records saved. Moreover Is there any alternative option that either all records fields exported to excel file. Please help Rgds, Aligahk06 aligahk06 wrote: >Dear All, >i have a form that contains 347 records.I want a macro that copy all the >field from each record and generate a table...

United States Great Plains in EMEA
Hi, Can I use the United States version of Great Plains (v10) for a company registered in Inreland. Thanks, Scott I guess you meant Ireland? You could conceivable do this, but why not use the International English version? Remember that terminology is different between US English and International English. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Scott" wrote: > Hi, > > Can I use the United States version of Great Plains (v10) for a company > registered in Inreland. > > Thanks...

Open Same Form 2 Different Ways
I am coding with C# in Visual Studio 2005 for a database application residing on remote MS SQL Server 2005. What I want to do is open the same form but from 2 different places and only one instance. I currently have the form where it will open from a double click on datagridview from another form to the proper record and only one instance. However, doing this bypassed by databinding source for opening the form to all records. I still want to be able to open the form to all records again only one instance. I think I need to set up custom load methods and run a form load check with if/else ...

Form display shutting down
Hello. I want do do the following: when I display in a form a record one after another, when I reach the last one, the displays automatically ends or go to a end form to tell the user that the presentation ended. What is happening right now, is that when I reach the last record and I enter TAB, appears a new empty record. Note that this is not a only presentation session, I mean, I need to enter some information in the records while displaying. Thanks in advance. Best regards. On the Data tab of the properties sheet for the form, set "Allow Additions" to NO. acores wrote: >H...

Forms, Fields, and Restricted Editing
[This post applies, at least, to Wd2007 and Wd2010.] If I use the content controls under the developer toolbar, I can restrict editing (also under the developer toolbar) so the user can just tab through the places he/she needs to enter information. On a different model, I can insert ASK fields and REF fields so that the user enters information in response to prompts, and the info becomes replicated at various places throughout the document. But it does not appear that I can restrict editing *and* use ASK and REF fields in an online form. So here's my problem: is it possible--...

I have created a custom table for SIC (standard industrial codes). I am using this table via a 'lookup' for the account and contact entities. I want to load all SIC codes into the table. Can I load the codes into the table using a straight SQL statement, or do I really need to write a program using the SDK. This data will be loaded on a one-time basis and does not change? Will doing a load directly using SQL cause a problem later on? I know that Microsoft would say to only utilize the SDK to load the data, but why? The reason why you should not directly update the da...

What happens with forms after windows is unlocked
I have several subforms set to function for data entry only (edits, deletes, navigation disabled; additions, data entry enabled). Everything works fine until I lock and unlock my computer. Several seconds after the computer is unlocked both subforms select and display an existing record. In one case it's the first record in the table, in the other a record in the middle and I can't figure out what's special about it. I've tried sticking event handlers on what I though were the most like events to blame but all I've managed to figure out is that whatever is going on is oc...

Form print problem
Hi I'm not if this is the right place to post this issue, but here we go: I have a database application, which when prompted prints out a detail section of a form. This has been working nicely in access 2000, in which the application has been developed. Now I have installed access 2003, and suddenly an empty blank page is printed before the actual page. In the design view under page setup I can see that the paper size is "Letter" - In access 2000, however, the paper size was set to "A4". I can't change the setting - it always reverts to "Letter". I ...

Form with two nested subforms.
I am setting up a database with three main forms. The parent form is called [Orders]. The first subform is called [People]. the Second subform is called [records]. Each order can have multiple people in it. Each person can have multiple records. To keep all of the data on one page, I nested two different subforms. The problem is that I am having problems running simple functions on my second subform [records]. The first problem is using the findrecord operation to find a value (MaxID) in the ID field. Here is what I have: Forms![Orders]![People].Form![Records].SetFocus Forms![Or...

custom date format mmm/yy
Hi, is there any way in a Report to customize the date displayed in the report to be mmm/yy? Or even mmm/yyyy would be better for me than the options Access seems to offer in their reports. All I see there is Short Date, Medium Date, Long date - they all take up so much space in a densely packed report. Thanks, Harold You can use your own formats In a control's format property, enter mmm/yy or mmm/yyyy or mm/yy For a discusson of the formatting characters, put your cursor in the format property and press the F1 key for help. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Cent...