Business Data Lookup 08-27-07

Hi

Does anyone have any expierence with the Business Data Lookup Snap-In for
CRM? I have installed the Snap-in and it only allows for data from CRM to be
imported into a Word document.

We would like to export data from CRM to MS Word and do this directly within
CRM. Is this possible?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
MarkB
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Mark,

Are you interested in custom solutions?. If so please drop a email.

Regards,
Manick
manick.m@hotmail.com

"Mark Braithwaite" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anyone have any expierence with the Business Data Lookup Snap-In for
> CRM? I have installed the Snap-in and it only allows for data from CRM to be
> imported into a Word document.
>
> We would like to export data from CRM to MS Word and do this directly within
> CRM. Is this possible?
>
> Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> MarkB
Hi Manick

No we are not interested in custom solutions. We just want to know if the
Business Data Lookup enables one to export data whilst working in CRM.

Thanks
Mark

"manick" wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Are you interested in custom solutions?. If so please drop a email.
>
> Regards,
> Manick
> manick.m@hotmail.com
>
> "Mark Braithwaite" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Does anyone have any expierence with the Business Data Lookup Snap-In for
> > CRM? I have installed the Snap-in and it only allows for data from CRM to be
> > imported into a Word document.
> >
> > We would like to export data from CRM to MS Word and do this directly within
> > CRM. Is this possible?
> >
> > Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > MarkB

email 05-01-07
my outlook express canot fimd server.how do i find it .therefor cannot connect or get any names of newsgroup,and how do obtain any settings i may need or do i have to contact isp.cant send emails out.thanks Annette. On Tue, 1 May 2007 02:25:37 +0100, "annette" <awish@sky.com> wrote: >my outlook express canot fimd server.how do i find it .therefor cannot >connect or get any names of newsgroup,and how do obtain any settings i may >need or do i have to contact isp.cant send emails out.thanks Annette. > Please repost your question in a group supporting Outlook Expr...

Retrieving data question
Hi all, I have a question about retrieving records, hope you may help. I have a table which has 11 fields: One Name field ( for linkage ) and 10 Yes/No fields. I have a form to let users to key in the Name and then put a tick on those Yes/No fields as necessary. My question is, if I want to have another form which only shows "tick" fields of such record, how can I do that? For example, Record 1: Name is AAA, I "tick" 3 Yes/No fields. How may I only show that 3 fields in another form? Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks! Reg...

Upgrading from Office Home and Student to Small Business
New notebook because old one crashed. I have my installation disks of Office Small Business 2007 UPGRADE, which was installed on the old notebook. Of course, I can't locate the disks for Office 2003, which I'd upgraded from. And, of course, in the install process, Office 2007 is telling me there's no version of Office on my computer so I can't "upgrade." I do, however, have the install disks for Office Home and Student 2007 (which is loaded on a different computer). According to the Office Small Business Upgrade docs, that qualifies as a version eligibl...

Copy data into a NEW worksheet
I have a workbook that the user runs one macro that imports a txt file to one of the worksheets, then another macro that imports data to another worksheet. There is some various math etc going on, but what I would like to do is in a 3rd worksheet have the text and data be combined into a document that I can print as a single page. I can not figure out how sum or copy the exact data in a cell range? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Krefty You don't provide enough detail of what you have and what you want to have for someone to know what to help you with. If you wish, s...

How do I relate data of one document to another ?
When I imput additional information on a word document I would like that information transfered to an excel document, Likewise if I input data in an excel document I would like to have it transfered to a word document. How do I do it ? I don't think you can have the same link work both directions but you can copy and paste as link and when the source is updated (probably the excel file since I don't see the point of having Word as a source in Excel) the link will be updated as well -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "bandi" <bandi@discussions....

Lost all my Outlook data after a certain date....HELP!
Outlook 2000 has screwed me over big-time! I seem to have lost all my Outlook data for the past 6 months - email, contacts, calendar, etc. All the data prior to 6 mos. ago has been retained. Right before this data loss, I was having strange PC behavior - most likely due to spyware apps that were slowing down performance. I looked at my Outlook PST file and it appears the same size as it was before the data loss, so this missing data should still be in there somewhere? I have tried to export the PST file to different formats, such as Access and tab-separated values, but to no avail. I thi...

Customer lookup
I would like to see RMS have a pop up window that would indicate "Customer not found" or something similar instead of going to the closest match. Problem - When employee badges/discount cards/etc are being scanned at POS registers; If the account does NOT exist; The program appears to currently find the closest match to the number scanned. (an existing account) Issues - Potential exists for intentional fraud by customer Timely process to check entire number Potential for employee error in not verifying name with client Suggested solution – message should pop up, “account does...

Collocate previously protected data..
I have a lot of partitions that I would like to clean up to just a few (I understand the data type restrictions) in DPM 2010 RC. I have migrated from DPM 2007 which did not have the collocate ability. The question is can I mark the data as inactive and join it to a new protection group and collocate it that way? Or must it remain as currently configured? Yes you can use collocation when creating the new protection group. The older recovery points will automatically get pruned. Once all the recovery points on the inactive replica expire older replica/shadowcopy volume...

Trendline excluding last 2 data points of series
Me again with more charting questions! I have a column chart showing 6 months actual sales for a product followed by the next two months forecast figures. I want to show a trendline based only on the 6 months actual sales i.e. the trend should not take into account our forecast. The trendline I normally use is a linear trend. Is there a way to do this? Two ways to do it fairly easily have a data set without your forecast. Plot it , set line and symbol to none select the legend line it is on and clear all. set the trendline on this set. calculate the best fit equation for the d...

Charting with dynamic data
All, I am creating a chart which is based on multiple columns worth of data. The problem is that the amount of rows changes and I have to be able to handle that programmaticaly. In other words, if the amount of rows was constant somewhere in my sub I would have something like: ..Chart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("NameGoesHere").Range("A2:A5, F2:H5") 'where the Range A2:A5 contains names that goes to label the X-axis. 'And F2:H5 represents the data for each name in A2:A5. No problem. However, I need that range to vary. I was hoping something like this ...

a 07 split form
Is possible in access 07 filter a form, view last record and have sincronize last 10 record? i apply a filter to a form Me.Filter = "[field1name] = 2" Me.FilterOn = True Me.OrderBy = "[ID], ASC" Me.OrderByOn = True DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, Me.Name, acLast but when a open the form i view last record filtered (500) and first 10 records (1, 5,6... in datasheet (split) no 500, 498. 495... thx ...

inputing data using vba
this code imports data (and creates a problem as when i delete the data the cell's cannot be imported to again) Range("A6").Select With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "TEXT;C:\Documents and Settings\wardell son\Desktop\agw8_1", Destination:= _ Range("A6")) .Name = "agw8_1" .FieldNames = True .RowNumbers = False .FillAdjacentFormulas = False .PreserveFormatting = True .RefreshOnFileOpen = False .RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells .SavePassword = False ...

CRM, public folders, Outlook, Small Business Accounting, SmartPhone
It seems like syncing with public folders is a common request. I think that this is a critical feature since everyone needs to share contacts. Why would CRM require that each user have a separate folder that we have to manually sync? Am I missing something? Does anyone have any input on this? When an appointment is created in a user's Outlook Calendar, does it sync into CRM? and vice versa? Or does a user have to use two different calendars (dumb)? but maybe I'm mising something. Does CRM integrate with Small Business Accounting? I notice that the interface is similar. Is any...

Don't buy OFFICE SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 2003
I recently purchase OFFICE SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 2003. In using it, I have found that they have changed the basic help algorithm in two ways which lower the usefulness of this package: 1. Instead of the old key word lookup, which was essentially instantaneous, they now use some kind of computed lookup which takes forever. 2. They have changed the organization of help data in a way that makes it much harder to get the information you need. For instance, I use Excel a lot. In the old help system, you could type "text functions" and instantaneously get a page listing all the text ...

How can DSUM give me specific data?
How can DSUM give me specific data? MAB126 50 MAB1261 100 When I add MAB126 in the DSUM field, it sums the two for a total of 150. In your criteria region, use ="=MAB126" instead of MAB126 Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:11:01 -0800, evergreenstar <evergreenstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can DSUM give me specific data? > >MAB126 50 >MAB1261 100 > >When I add MAB126 in the DSUM field, ...

GroupHeader Repeat 04-30-07
I have report named "PaymentHistory". This report has a section "PaymentHeader" where Repeat property is set to "Yes". So this group header repeats on the next page or column. My problem I have a text box named "txtName" in this group header but I do not want the txtName to repeat. txtName is what the user inputs. txtName needs to be in the group header the first time but I want to make invisible if the group header repeats. How can I do this? Any help is appreciated. Lamar wrote: > >I have report named "PaymentHistory". T...

LLC in Money Deluxe & Business
Money 2003 Deluxe & Business only recognizes Sch. C transactions (sole proprietors). It does not allow Business Investment accounts. It forces all Investment accounts to be "Personal". In a sole proprietorship investment accounts are personal; but not when they are held by a Limited Liability Company or a Sub-S corporation. The "Small Business" label is a misleading. LLCs and Sub-S can also be small businesses. The name should be "Deluxe & Sole Proprietors". I would not have bought the product if I had known this. Does Money 2004 correct this pr...

Business Portal script error in modify advanced role
An error scripts appears below upon Modifying Advanced Roles in Business Portal System.Exception: soap:Server Server was unable to process request --> Error retrieving user information. Parameter name: userID Pls. advice. ...

Resize chart data label
Hi, I have chart data labels that are displaying as one line in Excel but push over into two lines when paste/linked into a PowerPoint slide. Is there some way to force the labels to stay on one line? And as a general matter, is it possible to manipulate the size of the box containing the data label at all? I can select it but can't seem to resize manually. I also looked for info on this in VBA help but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Kind regards, Don Don - You cannot resize a data label, an axis title, or a chart title, even though it looks like a...

extract certain data for reports page
hi i am trying to build a program for basic accounting based on an ol dos program which i used to own 12 years ago! i cant find it anymore so im trying to build this program in excel an i have most of the work done but i need help sorting the basic data all the framework is there for inputing the data around a cashboo principle using item codes as keys for manipulating the data later on trouble is i dont know how to do the manipulating to get the seperat data out and sorted email me at al.foster@gmx.co.uk and ill give you details if you interested in helping me out thanks heres a picture o...

Why was "data source" link added?
I did not add any links. Yet suddenly, I started getting messages about a data source link. The link was to ATPVBAEN.XLA. I use a lot of XIRR functions but never before had the link. I broke the link and there does not seem to be any ill effect. What could have caused the link to be added? "Howard Kaikow" <kaikow@standards.com> wrote in message news:ehE4h6FvIHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I did not add any links. > Yet suddenly, I started getting messages about a data source link. > > The link was to ATPVBAEN.XLA. > I use a lot of XIRR functions but neve...

Putting data tables with charts
I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a totaled table to the bottom of a chart. I know how to do the data table but my boss only wants the totals, not the other detailed information. I tried to do a copy/paste but it actually adds the information to the chart and I don't want the information added to the actual chart. Instead of a data table, you could use one of the alternative techniques that Tushar Mehta describes here: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm Jaxxplace wrote: > I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a totaled table to the bott...

Error message for data table
I tried to change a data table and now I cannot get the information that was there before or move on I am using a school lab from and everytime I try to reopen Excel it takes me dirrectly to the page with the error. So I need to know how to get it to let me refresh or delete the data table and start over. Hi, I think you need to contact the administrator of the lab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Abigail" <Abigail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C19ED7B6-8EDA-4549-A98D-8C85093C3327@microsoft.com... >I tri...

06 03-18-08

Money 2004 Business Sync Issues
I have Money 2004 Business edition and use the business side of it quite a bit. I actually have two problems: First: When I receive payment from a customer, I go to invoices and go thru the Recieved payment process and it clears the invoice and deposits the money received into the account I tell it. (This part is Fine). 1) When I download statements, it does not allow me to match up any deposit transactions with the Payment for invoice transactions. I have to go back thru and manually denote 'cleared' and delete the banks transaction. 2) Because of the payment for invoice ca...