Business Data Lookup 07-11-06

I have installed the Business Data Lookup add on which is supposed to allow
CRM data to be inserted into office documents such as a Word file.

Inside of Word 2003, I see a "Insert from CRM" button, but when I click on
it, nothing happens.  It is just clicked, but no options come up after that.
Is this a bug?

---
Brandon
Office Equipment & Supplies
http://www.presentationsdirect.com

0
Brandon
7/11/2006 7:48:39 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I think it is. I experienced the same.

On top of that it will slow down MS Office heavily. Forget it.

"Brandon" wrote:

> I have installed the Business Data Lookup add on which is supposed to allow
> CRM data to be inserted into office documents such as a Word file.
>
> Inside of Word 2003, I see a "Insert from CRM" button, but when I click on
> it, nothing happens.  It is just clicked, but no options come up after that.
> Is this a bug?
>
> ---
> Brandon
> Office Equipment & Supplies
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com

Trouble with hyhens within text when using LOOKUP
I have two columns, each containing a list of part numbers. Some of the part numbers contain hyphens. I am using LOOKUP and/or VLOOKUP to determine if the value in one column exists in the other. This works great on non-hyphenated part numbers. However, it will not find or return the hyphenated part numbers from the specified arrays. As a test, I did a quick if statement to compare the instances of identical hyphenated values that exist in both columns. Those statements did not have a problem with the hyphens. Can anyone offer any help? If hyphens cannot be used in conjunction with the ...

EzPaste-xl2ppt Excel add-in, automating the copy/paste of charts and data
Hello, This is to notify about the release of EzPaste (http:// www.EzPaste.net), an Excel add-in intended to completely automate the transfer of charts and data from Excel to PowerPoint. EzPaste identifies automatically all the charts and the tables defined in the active workbook. The user then selects which of them he wants to paste to PowerPoint=AE , and EzPaste does all the work, would you have to paste one or one hundred tables/charts at once Even if you have to paste the selected range or chart, EzPaste does it with the click of a button Sorry if this message is a bit advertising, b...

Excel web query returns no data
When I enter a web addreess into IE it shows the page When I set up a web query in Excel it allows me to select the relevant tables, but then returns no data The same Excel query worked on previuous versions of Excel Web address for query http://www.bmreports.com/servlet/com.logica.neta.bwp_PanBM DataServlet?param1=T_CNQPS- 4&param2=&param3=&param4=&param5=2001-04-01&param6=* Any help appreciated ...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

Static Chart Data Range
Excel-2007, simple line chart: I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84. Whenever I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How do I keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows into the workbook? I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ... but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84. I would recommend creating a blank row 2, and hiding it. Then, when you insert a new row, you'll be inserting within the boundaries, instead of moving ...

Check Verification data is not saved into the database
A Check tender type has been created with the "Open" Check Verification. It seems to work OK except: 1) Although Driver's License, State and Birth Date are diaplyed on the form in POS the data entered is not saved into the Database. 2) The account Number is masked with X's. Can this be switched off anywhere? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Excel Data appearing in new Pop-up window rather than frameset frame
I have a servlet running in Tomcat that delivers an excel data file, the response content type being set to: "application/vnd.ms-excel" My html page uses a frameset to display (amongst other things) the excel data. The data is displayed on the click of a button and is directed to a particuler frame: <FORM method=post action="servlet/XLDataServlet/data.xls" target="exceldata"> <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Display Excel Data"> </FORM> With Internet Explorer 6.0 the excel data is displayed in the target frame, with Internet Explorer 5.5...

Re: Function to copy data from a variable range?
I have a sheet with about 20,000 lines of data. From that sheet I am looking to group the data based on a parameter, into multiple different sheets. ie: If the category is "1" copy all that lines data into sheet A, If the category is "2", copy all the lines into sheet B. The problem is, the number of lines for each acatgeory type is not always the same. Some categories may only have 1 or two lines, other may have 200-300. Is there any type of function for this? Thanks! Doable but why not just use data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesA...

Business Portal
BP 3.0 I am trying to set up our Business Portal to be as easy as possible for our sales team. One of the requests they have made is the ability to find out WHAT PO is COMMITTED to the SPECIFIC line item in an order. Similar to actually looking at GP Sales Transaction Entry window where it gives an icon to show that the item has been purchased, what PO it's been committed to. I have spent hours trying to make this happen. Has anyone else been able to do this? If so, I would appreciate detailed steps. Thank you ...

Data validation #63
I have a list for data validation. It is a long list and when I click on the cell the first thing I see is the options from the end of the list. Can I change a setting (no code) so that the list of options first shown when you click in the cell is the first item on the list thanks -- Kevin There is probably a blank cell at the bottom of your list source. When the dropdown list opens, it matches the cell value to an item in the list, if one exists. Delete the blanks from the source, and the problem should disappear. If you're leaving blanks so the list can grow, you can use a dyna...

Serializing enum data members
The serialize function below won't compile. I get the following message: error C2679: binary '>>' : no operator defined which takes a right-hand operand of type 'enum CEntity::CreationProcesses' (or there is no acceptable conversion) The problem is the "CreationProcess" data member, which is defined like enum CreationProcesses {NONE, A, B, C}; CreationProcesses CreationProcess = NONE; Why won't this work? I also tried casting the variable like, ar << (int)CreationProcess; but that doesn't work either. Anybody know what gives? ...

Preveting the business fax appearing as a contact
When I select a name to send an e-mail to, I type in part of the name, press Alt K and the contacts matching that partial name appears. Unfortunately, it gives me two choices for anyone with a fax number. I don't fax from e-mail. Short of modifying the details for hundreds of contacts, is there a way to turn off this "feature" so fax contacts aren't showing up? Thanks No. Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there are many client- and server-based components that can use such addresses. One method to hide fax numbers from the address b...

How can I combine data from a list?
For example: suppose I had a very simple list, with two columns: "Name" and "Number". The category "name" has three items: Dog, Cat, and Dog. Each of those three items has a corresponding "number" value: 3, 4, and 5. I'm trying to find a function that would recognize the fact that I have "Dog" listed twice, and would sum the 3 & 5 values listed next to each "Dog", leaving me with a two-item list: Dog, 8 & Cat, 4. Is there a way to do this? A Pivot Table will do that nicely for you: Set the Name as a ROW and the ...

Test 04-05-07
Test -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ...

MsgBox 11-24-07
When a report is open I have a MsgBox which also opens, asking "would you like to print this document". If the operator Clicks on "no", then the MsgBox disappears, if they Click on "Yes" another MsgBox opens asking "how many copies would you like". is there a way to add field to this MsgBox into which the user can input a number of copies they would like, and then for it to produce the correct number. Cheers Steve You may want to try creating a pop-up form instead of a msgbox for this. In the macro or vba where you currenlty have your MsgBox, ...

Hide Legend With No Data in Series
Folks, I have 8 series that get its value dynamically from other tabs. Sometimes, all 8 series would have data while other time, only a few. Question is, how do I hide the legend for those series that returned back blank value. I understand this may require VBA but I'm not well versed in it. Any thoughts or if VBA is the only way, can somone post the code? Thanks. ...

Data types.
Hello, I have TextBox1 with this Value = 57.7 I need do something like this MyNewVar = CDbl(TextBox1) .... but this is Type mismatch error 13 I need transform text value to number value. Thanks Tom I found the problem. I need transform 57.7 to 57,7 "Tom" <tom@fake.com> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku news:ezqjoGcLEHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have TextBox1 with this Value = 57.7 > I need do something like this > > MyNewVar = CDbl(TextBox1) .... but this is Type mismatch error 13 > > I need transform text value to number value. > &g...

Importing data from other files
I�m new to Excel so I don�t know if this is really easy to do. I need to collect data from maybe 1000 different statistic excel files. They are all similar in structure and looks, but ofcourse they contain different numbers. Now I need to collect the data from a certain row and column from the group of files and make some calculation to present statistic data in a new Excel document. This brings to questions up to light: 1. How do I do to get the data into the new sheet if it's for example position G25 in every single source file? 2. Is it possible to "flag" a different posit...

I've written the following function for my program. Seems to work fine, however the only problem is I don't know what parameter to put in the while loop, as you can see at the moment I just have '1' which will obviously create an infinite loop, to know when to stop pulling data from 'ar'. void CLogicSimulatorDoc::Serialize(CArchive& ar) { int posx, posy, input0x, input0y, input1x, input1y; int type; if (ar.IsStoring()) { // TODO: add storing code here gate * gLoop; for (gLoop = gFirst; gLoop != 0; gLoop = gLoop->gNext) { input0x = (gLoop->i...

Xmlhttprequest
Hi, I'm trying to find a way to use XMLHttpRequest to recieve an xml file and then use XMLHttpRequest to send an xml file back based on the xml file I received. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance rwiegel@iastate.edu wrote: > I'm trying to find a way to use XMLHttpRequest to recieve an xml file > and then use XMLHttpRequest to send an xml file back based on the xml > file I received. Can anybody help? If you receive XML with XMLHttpRequest then you get a responseXML DOM document that you can manipulate as needed and pass to the send method to send it back. Or create a ...

Help with Raw Stock Data Collection
Is it possible to have Excel search through 1 minute raw data and be able to determine if the price moves between a certain boundary for a certain time then it will be classified as "Type 1". And if it is increasing for a certain time then it will be "Type 2" and likewise for when it is decreasing. I want Excel to be able to automatically search through the raw data and determine what is the type of state without myself having to manually pinpoint it on the chart then going back and doing a manual search and calculation in Excel. Only issue is that the exact number determi...

Data labels for Excel 2007 Charts
Hi, I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need the data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places. The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set the formatting to 0 decimal places? Thanks, Courtney ...

auto filter data within pivot table
Hello, Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? Can we do that? It doesnt seems to work?! Thanks. Elaine. You can add fields to the page area, and use them to filter the pivot table's data. To sort a field, select a cell in a column, and click the A-Z button on the Excel toolbar. elaine wrote: > Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort > the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? > Can we do that? > > It doesnt se...

can lookup return cell reference istead of "text" for sumif?
I am trying to use a lookup-function to determine a different sum range for several criteria. Like so: =Sumif($A$7:$A$1447;"<"&X3;vlookup(e3;AT3:AU11;2;false)-Sumif($A$7:$A $1447;"<"&y3;vlookup(e3;AT3:AU11;2;false) The problem is that the vlookup returns text and not the cell reference. Is there a way to get the answer from the lookup expressed as cell reference instead of text, since sumif can't use text, just the cell reference? I use it to calculate the number of hours the staff should be paid, so it's different from weekdays to saturdays, holidays...

How do I sort data by date excluding time
I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is the data sorts by time, even though the field is formatted to show date only, with the transaction type not sorting within the date because it shows up in the time order. How do I get rid of the time? If date/time column is A then you have to use an empty helper column filled with formula =INT(A2) and sort by it. -- Regards! Stefi „markd” ezt írta: > I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is > the data sorts by time, even though the field is for...