Bulk Importing of Outlook Contacts to CRM 3.0

We have just installed MSCRM 3.0 with the Outlook plugin.  I would like to
bulk import my Outlook Contacts.  Most importantly, I want to map the Notes
Field in each Outlook Contact, to one of two CRM Notes fields.  Either 1 will
do.

1. Into the Notes Field on the Information level of an Opportunity OR

2. Into the Contact Notes associated with an Account.

I was told by our CRM consultant that because my Notes were too long they
would only come across in a truncated format into the Administration field of
a CRM Contact (i.e. when I select "Track Contact in CRM" using the Outlook
plugin feature) it copies the Contact from Outlook to CRM and the Notes
appear in the Administration field against a Contact (in CRM) but
truncated)...Hope that makes sense.

I have 1600 sales contacts in Outlook each with carefull recorded
convreaations with clients.  These are time and date stamped and often a Flag
has been set for a follow-up action.  This creates a pop-up Reminder for me
in Outlook.

Can I do this mapping?  What is the best tool to do this?  Why does CRM not
properly import Notes in the first place????

Many thanks.

Cheers  GregMB
0
GregMB (1)
9/26/2006 7:11:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greg,

Migrating records between systems is always tricky, even between Microsoft
Outlook and Microsoft CRM. It usually takes about 50% of the implementation
effort to migrate data, but most people estimate only a day or two of effort.

Your Outlook notes, although carefully written, are just a big text file,
and there is no CRM system or migration tool that could automate the import
of text files into a CRM database. Everyone uses Outlook differently, and so
there's no way to standardise the migration.

I recommend you consult with a local CRM partner who has experience using
Scribe Migrate with the Microsoft CRM 3.0 adapter. It's used in a lot of
Microsoft CRM data migration exercises and could probably help.

Regards,
--
Neil Benson
Increase Ltd, UK

"GregMB" wrote:

> We have just installed MSCRM 3.0 with the Outlook plugin.  I would like to
> bulk import my Outlook Contacts.  Most importantly, I want to map the Notes
> Field in each Outlook Contact, to one of two CRM Notes fields.  Either 1 will
> do.
>
> 1. Into the Notes Field on the Information level of an Opportunity OR
>
> 2. Into the Contact Notes associated with an Account.
>
> I was told by our CRM consultant that because my Notes were too long they
> would only come across in a truncated format into the Administration field of
> a CRM Contact (i.e. when I select "Track Contact in CRM" using the Outlook
> plugin feature) it copies the Contact from Outlook to CRM and the Notes
> appear in the Administration field against a Contact (in CRM) but
> truncated)...Hope that makes sense.
>
> I have 1600 sales contacts in Outlook each with carefull recorded
> convreaations with clients.  These are time and date stamped and often a Flag
> has been set for a follow-up action.  This creates a pop-up Reminder for me
> in Outlook.
>
> Can I do this mapping?  What is the best tool to do this?  Why does CRM not
> properly import Notes in the first place????
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Cheers  GregMB

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

contact list #13

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems