Bulk Import - Update New Attributes ONLY

Hi All.

I have a need to import leads (about 20,000 of them) and then I need to
update each lead (with data from an outsourced Telemarketing supplier)
every 2 weeks.  I will create new attributes every 2 weeks for the lead
to match the data coming back from my supplier but would I be able to
"update" my existing 20,000 leads and not re-import as I would like to
keep the activity history.

Any idea how I could do this?

Thanks in advance.

0
funboy
4/10/2006 7:29:34 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Update Rate
With Excel 2000, does anyone know if there is a way to increase the external data update frequency to a faster rate than once per minute? Thanks, Andrew ...

Updating Date In a Form..
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there's a way to have the time populate a locked field in a form, and have it store to the table that I am working on.. I am trying to record when records are accessed, and save it to the table entry. One way to do this is to add a field in the table to hold the date/time of the last time the record was updated, then add code to the event procedure that your form will run when you save the change. That code sets the value of the [Updated] control to Now(). Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Goobz" <charlestwaters@gm...

Write Contents of TextBox to new Workbook
Hi, I am trying to get a macro to write the contents of multiple textboxes to a new workbook. The idea is that the macro would open up a new workbook, write the contents of the textbox to a named cell range and then save the new workbook with the name of say range "A1" in the new workbook. Is this possible. Many thanks as always. -- Andy Tallent ...

my 2 updates wont install
they say important but its to do with microsoft office and stuff but anyone it says error half way through dunno why the error is ''code 646'' george wrote: > they say important but its to do with microsoft office and stuff > but anyone it says error half way through dunno why the error is > ''code 646'' Manual installation of the update(s) work? (Actually visiting the individual web page for each, downloading/saving the patch and running the executable as administrator manually.) Operating System, Service Pack, Architecture (32 or 64-bit...

Outlook pre-SP2 update going wild every minute
Hi, I have recently installed the pre- Office SP2 Outlook update (see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=968009 - I installed both packages). The update has been installed on 3 systems: 2 XP Pro french systems (monoprocessor mobo) and one XP Pro english system (dual core). The problem I'm describing below cannot be observed on the dual core system. Exactly *every minute*, Outlook is going wild and loading the CPU at 100%. Depending on the system, this can last up to 4-5 seconds. During this period, everything is freezed. You can't even click on a button. When observing the p...

Re: New Beta Release Of Windows Live -- Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810) 08-18-10
Cute little bright red toolbox at Maintenance and Troubleshooting. <g> Nancy Jackman ...

Don't Update Links
I have a workbook (Book1.xls) which has links in it and also has a macro that saves an array of sheets from the original under a different name (date.xls) Example: <<strFileName = Worksheets("transfer").Range("AA1").Text ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(Array("sheet1", "sheet2", "sheet3", "sheet7")).Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\TEMP\ " & strFileName & ".xls">> (the strfileName is a date) This code copies the sheets but none of the macros / VB Code The problem i have is that when ...

import contacts #3
how can i import my contact list from hotmail account on the web ...

batch import dat files
i have hundreds of dat files (regular text files that are space delimited) that are filled with columns of data. is there a way to batch import multiple dat files. I don't want to go through the same importing procedure for each file. Do you want them all in one worksheet when you're done? Are they all in the same folder? If yes, shell to DOS Windows start button|Run command or cmd Go to that folder. copy *.dat all.txt This concatenates all those .DATs into one .Txt file. Then close that window and open the .txt file. ========= If you want them in different worksheets/workboo...

no updates available
I recently re-loaded my XP SP3 and activated it through the microsoft process. The original cd was 4 1/2 yrs old so I know that many critical updates are needed. However, everytime I check windows update, it reports that no critical updates are available for my computer. Does anyone know what the problem must be??? -- PROINWV You say you have re-loaded XP SP3? The Service Pack 3 isn't that old; maybe about fourteen months or so; if you have SP3 installed, and then installed the critical updates since SP3, you might indeed be up to date now. :) "proinwv" w...

12.0.1 Does not show up in auto-updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have seen this on each of the nearly 20 machine's I've tried this on (different companies). When I click the "check for updates" in Word, it always says "There are no updates available at this time". Each time I have had to come to this site to download the 12.0.1 update and install in manually. What is wrong with the updater application? It hasn't caught this update ONCE yet on any of the machines I have tested. Again, different machines, different offices, etc... Thanks. In article ...

GP10 Upgrade stuck at Dynamics table update
My options are to view details, and no tables show up, or Update, and nothing happens, or cancel. I saw a few threads but nothing applies. I have GP 10 installed on SQL 2000 with the Cdn payroll July 1 tax update (I believe this is SP2 included)? Pleeeease help. I am way behind already. thanks I had a similar situation at a customer a few months back. Here is what GP needed to do to resolve it: 1. Start the update of the DYNAMICS database and choose to not convert security. 2. STOP at the Update Tables window during the DYNAMICS database upgrade. Leave this window up. 3. Go to Sta...

Updating and Clearing Recordsets
Hi Folks! I've got a form with three search combos on it. Each doing a record search on different criteria. They seem to be conflicting, in someway. When a selection is made in one, you can't use another. I've also noticed that when records are changed or created that the record sets in the comboboxes aren't updated even after a requery. I had thought that the solution was to clear the recordset after each search, but I'm having no luck. Here a sample of the code I'm using in my combos: Private Sub cboSrchbyOrder_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset ...

Losing New Mail Merge Template
I'm trying to create a new mail merge template from a word doc. I get to the window: "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mail Merge for Microsoft Office Word". I've tried the "Organization" and "Personal" mail merge template options and go through the process of creating new, picking the doc (xml), uploading, picking data fields. After I "save and close", I never see the new template on the list. What am I missing here? My goal is to have a template that users can easily access to do mail merges based on a contact record or a report or view of con...

Is there anyway to import a file from Illustrator to Publisher?
Thanks in advance for any help.... ...

Received a Money PP update tonight
Anyone know what's in it? I couldn't find a KB article or anything listed on the Money home page site. If you find out anything let me know! thanks I should have hit my directory first but here's what I found. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles Several Msft office access report shortcuts are date stamped for today. I added the "hex code removed" because I wasn't for certain what it was... probably just reg info is all. Still not 100% certain the shortcuts are the only thing changed/updated. Date: 12/15/2007 (mm/dd/yyyy) Time: 19:46:59 (h...

Inbox shows new items that can't be seen
I have a user that keeps getting the alert that there are new items in his inbox(Outlook 2002) but when he opens his inbox they do not show up. He has to do an advanced search to see the new email. Also today when that happened when he closed the email it just went away. Another odd part of this is we have web access to there inbox and if we look there they all show up. Any help would be great!! ...

Why can't I re-import a registry file created by RegSaveKey(...) under Win 9x?
Hello: I was trying to save a registry key to a file say, "mykey" with help of RegSaveKey(...) [not RegSaveKeyEx(...)]. The file can be re-imported with "Regedit" under WinXP if it is produced under Win XP. But for the same program running under Win 98/95, the files created under these OSs cannot be re-imported. These files cannot be re-imported under WinXP. Can anyone tell me why? The exerpted code is listed below: .... char szSubKey[_MAX_FNAME]; char FileName[_MAX_FNAME]; long rc = 0; HKEY hKey; sprintf(szSubKey, "Software\Mykey"); sprintf(FileName,...

Importing multiple identities from Express to Outlook
Help! I have been able to import everything from my main identity from Outlook Express to Outlook, but cannot figure out how to import from my other identity. Please Help! Thanks! bay157 <bay157@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help! I have been able to import everything from my main identity > from Outlook Express to Outlook, but cannot figure out how to import > from my other identity. Please Help! Thanks! Make the other identity the main identity and then you'll be able to import that. Remember to export mail mesasges from Outlook Express. Do not import m...

automatically updating cells in other files
An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. Is there anyway in which he can update the data by only keyboarding it into one file and have it automatically update the rest of files? Any help is appreciated. You can link cells by referencing them to a cell in another sheet or workbook. eg =[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1 -- Ian -- "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3TdK25vFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. > Is there anyway in which he can update the ...

update a date cell only when worksheet is edited
Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you This might help http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html Regards Rowan Joe Black wrote: > Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when > the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you ...

Windows Security Update
http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=18901284 This does not apply to Publisher directly but is of interest to anyone running Windows 98SE or newer. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher Is this now a bloody news service!!! -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" In news:uU8F1UaIEHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> posted: > Is this now a bloody news service!!! i thought msNEWs.microsoft.com gave it away? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http:...

I cannot retrieve my new and old email from my exchange server using
I cannot retrieve my new and old email from my exchange server using web outlook. Only email that I haven't open using office outlook. Once I open the mail using office outlook, web outlook does not show the email anymore. Is this a problem with the settings of the office outlook or I need to make changes in the server? Thank you jesusde@gmail.com <jesusde@gmail.com> wrote: > I cannot retrieve my new and old email from my exchange server using > web outlook. Only email that I haven't open using office outlook. Once > I open the mail using office outlook, web outlo...

Can't sign in for updates
Money no longer recognizes my Windows Live ID signon. I can get into my Money file, but no online services are available. It refuses my login to Windows Live. I know it's not MS's Windows Live servers, because I can still get into my Hotmail account. What's happening? Oh, I just saw Cal's post about a scheduled outage. Funny too, because I looked for similar problems before I posted. I must be going blind... "Paul Pedersen" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message news:uZBXLt80IHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Money no longer recognizes my Windows Live...

Update Links
In Excel 2003 there use to be an update links prompt. how do i activate this in 2007? Office Button > Prepare > Edit Links In general, use: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101491511033.aspx -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "shaz" wrote: > In Excel 2003 there use to be an update links prompt. how do i activate this > in 2007? ...