Bulk Import MS CRM 3.0

Hi
I am trying to import data from excel sheet to CRM. The data has
certain columns which exists as customized entities. I have created
..csv file with double quotes as field data delimiter. I have checked
the data and it is correct.

Is there any issue for importing customized entity data ?

regards
Vipin

0
Vipin
12/19/2006 9:46:29 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

there should be no issue as long as data mapping is properly done.

"Vipin Kavishwar" <vipin.kavishwar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am trying to import data from excel sheet to CRM. The data has
> certain columns which exists as customized entities. I have created
> .csv file with double quotes as field data delimiter. I have checked
> the data and it is correct.
>
> Is there any issue for importing customized entity data ?
>
> regards
> Vipin

0
Benjamin
12/19/2006 10:26:15 AM
Hi,

are you not trying to import data in lookup fields? as well as i
understood , customized columns must be existing as lookup on a given
form. Dont we use GUID for reference?

/Aami

0
Aami

MS Publisher -> TIFF
How to convert MS Publisher 2000 90x60 cm work or *.pub file to TIFF format? How to prepare it to Minolta CF 9001 or Oce CS 5090 (without MS Publisher installed). Thanks for any help. Ryszard Hi Ryszard Krajewski (ryszard.krajewski@neostrada.pl), in the newsgroups you posted: || How to convert MS Publisher 2000 90x60 cm work or *.pub file to || TIFF format? How to prepare it to Minolta CF 9001 or Oce CS 5090 || (without MS Publisher installed). || Thanks for any help. || Ryszard Vist the following link: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publ...

XML 2004 just 3 weeks away -- view program updates -- reserve room -- register today
XML 2004 Conference & Exposition –“From Syntax to Solutions” November 15-19, 2004 – Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C. http://www.xmlconference.org XML 2004 is just 3 weeks away. The largest continuously running, independently organized XML conference, XML 2004 is produced by IDEAlliance http://www.idealliance.org and partnered by other industry and standards –making organizations, such as OASIS, W3C, WS-I, NISO, DISA, and LISA. XML 2004 taking place November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. offers over 140 presentations, 30+ exhibitors, to...

MS Project 2003 Clarity Integration Field Mapping
I am using MS project 2003 with full Clarity integration and noticed that there is a neat field available when you use the Workbench scheduling tool - Pending Time Entry. Does anyone know how I can get the field/column mappings between MS Project 2003 and Workbench when integrating with Clarity? ex. in Workbench ETC is the same field as Remaining Work in MS Project 2003. What about all the others??? ...

Testing an Upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0
We are doing an upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0 and our vendor is telling us that he needs to test the data on an alternate system, using our actual data and all four of our companies. We are being told the testing will take several days as all of the modules we use need to be tested and numerous transactions need to be performed and of course reports run and tested against the 8.0 version. This seems to be "over-load" not to mention expensive, and we were wondering what you all have done when you upgraded (i.e. did you test data, did you go live immediately, did you do it as a test...

How many computers can I install ms office basic edition 2003 on?
We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is dying and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? What does the EULA say? Generally a retail version can be installed on 2 working devices "scrumpyjill" <scrumpyjill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7126D521-E248-4733-B7CA-30D30D9114FB@microsoft.com... > We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is > dying > and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? To my knowledge all MS Office Basic Editi...

How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme
I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?) I can create a csv file from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment. I would like to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart. CJ Dev Wrote: > I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o > another > operating system that...

Cannot receive mail #3
According to my ISP, I have Outlook configured correctly. But it will not download incoming mail. It does send mail though. The problem appeared overnight after a very long period of error free operation. When I hit Send/Receive I see a message on the bottom right saying "Receiving Messages", but at the end I get an error message "Download error (account: 'pop.charter.net', POP3 server: pop.charter.net', Error Number 0x80040403). Any ideas what's wrong? A search for 0x80040403 in the MS site gave me this result: You Can Send Messages but You Receive an Error ...

CRM 4 on Citrix
I am trying to run the CRM 4 client on a Citrix machine. I installed the client under the administrator login without any problems. When I logged in as one of the users and attempted to configure it I got an error message with Access Denied. So I found a KB article on that one, and deleted the CRM address book and data file. Configuration ran smoothly after that. However, now when I open Outlook I get a runtime error. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe. Has anyone else run into this one? We had really tough prob...

CRM 3 SO slow after applying update rollup 2
We have been using CRM 3 for over a year. I found it to be slow, but we lived with it. I applied UR 2 to our CRM server. I open the CRM client to our contact list (we only have 4500 contacts in total) and it takes 4 minutes til the first 250 contacts are displayed. UR 2 cannot be uninstalled. WhY does this make things worse instead of better? We barely have any data in CRM (database is only 230mb) so why is it soooooooo slow?! ...

Vertical templates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM (any experience )
anyone has experience in "Vertical templates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM" ? if it works in proper manner? I have noticed : 1 =) They have changed "Service " area to Customer service and added some more entities (return authorization , correction actions....) Whenever you click any entity ,there is error (object reference not set an instance of an object". 2=) Operation support area has been added . where employee entity is same as contact. I was thinking if internal employees have parent customer ? 3= ) in Distribution Mgmt , Distribution Portal is not working . ...

Suppress "0" from printing on a report
One way to do this is to set the format to "#,###.00;-#,###.00;[White]". Is there a better,or more conventional, way? If that is the only information, you can remove the record with a WHERE clause, but that eliminates the whole record, that is why this is only applicable if this field is the only information to be printed in the 'row': WHERE fieldname <> 0 Vanderghast, Access MVP "JimP" <j_pockmire@comcast.net> wrote in message news:MP2dnUkGtoXof7XWnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d@giganews.com... > One way to do this is to set the fo...

Outlook Connector causes Outlook 2007 to not shutdown #3
I have had this problem with Outlook 2007 not shutting down for a long time, but recently, through the process of elimination, I have found that it is being caused by one of my Hotmail accounts, through the Outlook Connector. The actual problem is that Outlook does not exit properly. If I close it, the process can still be seen in Task Manager. When I try to shut down the machine, I get a message saying that Outlook will not shut down, and I need to force it to close. This means that sometimes Outlook needs to check the message store when I start it up again. This does not happen when I r...

Publishing CRM with ISA2004
Hello, Has anybody got any experience with publishing CRM 3.0 on a ISA 2004 Server? I can connect, but it keeps asking me for my credentials. It drives us nuts. Anybody got any great ideas, please share them. Thanks in advance, Giovanni Perini That is normal when you publish externally. In order for the integrated authentication to work, you would need to open a lot of ports and end up having a huge hole in your firewall. Once you have authenticated for the first time, you shouldn't get the prompt anymore though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Giovanni Perini&quo...

how do I import a word document with footnotes into publisher?
When I import my word document into publisher I always seem to lose the footnotes and page numbers. What can I do to keep them as originally written? Publisher does not support footnotes. You will have to create them manually. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dickburgess" <dickburgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:702B1472-41B8-40EE-9513-1660B59F5463@microsoft.com... > When I import my word document into publisher I always seem to lose the > footnotes and page numbers. What can I...

ms outlook
Hi , Is there a way to make the folder the message was sent to open up expand to show the actual folder the message has been filtered too? Thank you all for your help on this mater. Bye, Philip PS: That is the problem; I have a huge list of subfolders and dont necessarily want all of them open. Someone told me that they thought there was a way that you could have the proper set of folders open to display the new message but I cant seem to find anything like that. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post use...

import contacts #2
When i imported my contacts from yahoo only the email address came through. How can I get all contact info? What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer JPF (just plain Fred) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | When i imported my contacts from yahoo only the email | address came through. How can I get all contact info? ...

3-tier Crosstab Query & Report
I need to create a query which when completed will popluate a report that has a 3-tiered column layout. I have multiple Stations (numbered text field like: PMW-8) where multiple Samples (numbered text like: ATA-001) were taken on various Dates (Month/Year format). Those become my tiers. I need to identify the total amount of each Parameter (Ferrous Iron, Methane, Sulfate, etc..) that were Sampled on the various random Dates at each of the Stations. Does anyone have a good example of this type of layout? -- Thank you, cs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "What lies behind us and ...

CRM v3 bate & SBA 2006
Does the CRM v3 beta have any links in MS Small Business Accounting 2006? Thanks, Mike No. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "MikeMc" <mmcelrath@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:unIRrl92FHA.2600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... Does the CRM v3 beta have any links in MS Small Business Accounting 2006? Thanks, Mike "MikeMc" <mmcelrath@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:unIRrl92FHA.2600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does the CRM v3 beta have any links in MS Small Business Accounting 2006? Mike, Such integration should be possible because Small ...

Can not import pictures in Publisher 2000
After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another computer file of sort? Hope someone can help. Jeanne All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder similar to this. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT to TIFFIM32.old, dra...

Visual C++ 5.0 and XP SP2
I am a Visual C++ 5.0 user I have just upgraded to XP's SP2 and as a side-effect, Visual Studio will no longer display any help on anything. I can see a list of topics, but if I try to view one I get "the page cannot be displayed". The relevant pane is, a container for I.E. in some guise. It seems to work in that I can access Internet webpages on it OK, when I type an addressin the Infoviewer toolbar, but not the help which is stored somewhere on the PC. Has anyone else encountered this and have any suggestions? I've tried a little tweaking on the Internet Explore...

How can I import my data from Entourage for Macosx
I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data from Entourage to Outlook Ken Allen <Ken Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data > from Entourage to Outlook See if this helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/ -- Brian Tillman "Ken Allen" wrote: > I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data from > Entourage to Outlook. Will these scripts move all my e-mails and attachments over to Outlook as well. Thank you for all your help. I h...

removing 0 value data labels
Hi All How would I remove 0 Value data labels from a chart using vb script? No need for VBA. You can make a custom number format for the labels. Select the whole set of labels, press CTRL+1 to format, and on the number format, select Custom in the left hand list, and add a format like one of these: 0;0;;@ 0.0;0.0;;@ There are four items in a custom format, by default the formats for positive, negative, and zero values, and for text. Leave off the format for zeros, and the label will not appear. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and C...

CRM Parameter Filter
Hi, Is it possible to bypass the Parameter Filter, so i can pass Non-CRM related data via the url to a form? So i can react to it in the OnLoad Event? It worked well on 3.0, but 4.0 runs a parameter filter and throws an error on unknown parameters. On Nov 14, 11:29 am, ckokely <christoph.kok...@ptm-edv.at> wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to bypass the Parameter Filter, so i can pass Non-CRM related > data via the url to a form? So i can react to it in the OnLoad Event? It > worked well on 3.0, but 4.0 runs a parameter filter and throws an error on > unknown param...

How to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook Express 6.0
In OE6.0 I have my settings so that on exiting the application all items in the Deleted Folder are permanently removed. I occasionally run "Compact all Folders". Sometimes I would like to recover emails deleted since my last compaction and today see that my "Deleted.DBX" file is large. I presume the emails are still present there but marked "not for display". Is there a nil cost way of restoring the deleted emails? I have tried an importing approach with no success. Thanks in advance for helpful comments. -- Geoff Not an Office issue. Outloo...

Importing email accounts from Outlook 2000 into 2003 (via iaf files)
Hello there, Summary: How to import Email accounts from Outlook 2000 iaf files (created when exporting) into Outlook 2003. Full details: I done what I thought was a great idea, after having a problem with my PC decided to upgrade to Office 2003 (from 2000) Pro as it was offered to me free (Or I could have taken a memory upgrade). Reading this newsgroup it would seem that was a mistake! My current problem is that I cannot import that many email accounts I had created in outlook 2000. One work around is to import first into Outlook Express 6 and then import from there, but I still have to do...