Body of email message displayed in Report shows all html tagging!

Hi,

Has anyone been able to format the field (Description - for email messages)
on the CRM report - Account Overview so that the html tagging is interpreted
rather than displayed?

Thanks!

Maria

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_668427F7

<Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Has anyone been able to format the field (Description - for email
messages)
> on the CRM report - Account Overview so that the html tagging is
interpreted
> rather than displayed?

This question about HTML fields gets asked frequently on the
microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs newsgroup.  Unfortunately, it is a
limitation of SQL Reporting Services (2005 as well as 2000) and is not
possible.  The best you can do at the moment is to strip out the tags and
display just the text.

--
Tao Yue
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Lucida Console;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs16 <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
\par > Has anyone been able to format the field (Description - for email messages)
\par > on the CRM report - Account Overview so that the html tagging is interpreted
\par > rather than displayed?
\par
\par
\par This question about HTML fields gets asked frequently on the microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs newsgroup.  Unfortunately, it is a limitation of SQL Reporting Services (2005 as well as 2000) and is not possible.  The best you can do at the moment is to strip out the tags and display just the text.
\par
\par
\par --
\par Tao Yue
\par Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_668427F7--

0
taoyue
7/14/2006 10:06:44 PM
Great! Crystal reports allows you to 'interpret' HTML by simply clicking a
checkbox to do so under formatting properties.

Would you be so kind as to direct me on how to go about stripping the HTML
tags before displaying on a report?

Many thanks!
Maria

"Tao Yue [MSFT]" wrote:

> <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone been able to format the field (Description - for email
> messages)
> > on the CRM report - Account Overview so that the html tagging is
> interpreted
> > rather than displayed?
>

> This question about HTML fields gets asked frequently on the
> microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs newsgroup.  Unfortunately, it is a
> limitation of SQL Reporting Services (2005 as well as 2000) and is not
> possible.  The best you can do at the moment is to strip out the tags and
> display just the text.
>

> --
> Tao Yue
> Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
I'm currently using this as a rough workaround for stripping HTML tags.

In SRS, go to Report Properties -> Code and type the following.

Function RemoveHTML( strText ) as string
    Dim nPos1
    Dim nPos2

    If Len(strText) <= 0 Then
	Exit Function
 end if

    nPos1 = InStr(strText, "<")
    Do While nPos1 > 0
        nPos2 = InStr(nPos1 + 1, strText, ">")
        If nPos2 > 0 Then
            strText = Left(strText, nPos1 - 1) & Mid(strText, nPos2 + 1)
        Else
            Exit Do
        End If
        nPos1 = InStr(strText, "<")
    Loop

   nPos1 = 1
   Do While true
        If GetChar(strText, nPos1) = chr(10) Then
	strText = Mid(strText, nPos1+1)
        Else
            Exit Do
        End If
    Loop

    nPos1 = InStr(strText, " ")
    Do While nPos1 > 0
        If nPos1 > 0 Then
            strText = Left(strText, nPos1 - 1) & Mid(strText, nPos1 + 6)
        Else
            Exit Do
        End If
        nPos1 = InStr(strText, " ")
    Loop
    RemoveHTML = strText
End Function

Then in your textbox you simply use "code.RemoveHTML(string)", replacing
string with the raw HTML code.

It's not the pretiest solution, and doesnt interpret simple <b> or <i>
identifiers, but it gets the job done.

hth
 Barrett

"Maria Greendyk" wrote:

> Great! Crystal reports allows you to 'interpret' HTML by simply clicking a
> checkbox to do so under formatting properties.
>
> Would you be so kind as to direct me on how to go about stripping the HTML
> tags before displaying on a report?
>
> Many thanks!
> Maria
>
> "Tao Yue [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Has anyone been able to format the field (Description - for email
> > messages)
> > > on the CRM report - Account Overview so that the html tagging is
> > interpreted
> > > rather than displayed?
> >

> > This question about HTML fields gets asked frequently on the
> > microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs newsgroup.  Unfortunately, it is a
> > limitation of SQL Reporting Services (2005 as well as 2000) and is not
> > possible.  The best you can do at the moment is to strip out the tags and
> > display just the text.
> >

> > --
> > Tao Yue
> > Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

Reporting from Project Server

"View Image Slide Show"

invalid email address

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

message delivery problems

Emails #3

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

wprintf() could not display unicode chars which is > 255 to console?
Hi�� I encountered a problem about wprintf() to display unicode chars which is > 255 in my console app. I am sure I have defined _UNICODE in my VC6 Project Setting. I had a search with google and found that my question was some like the case: http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=23 . Is it true that there is some bugs in wprintf()? Thanks for your help. David I assume you are writting a c++ program. Can you give preference for ostream cout, wcout on printf/wprintf? use wcout like this:- wcout << L"How are you?" -- Vipin Aravind MVP "David" <David_Wa...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP