Blew up company website by wrong crm install

Help.
I really screwed this up.
I installed CRM to the default website on SBS 2003.
Now, of course, nothing works...company web etc...
I ripped CRM out completely. I will redo that later.
For now, does anyone know how to redo the IIS structure 
on SBS 2003.
Can I reinstall something?

And... did I blow up Sharepoint services too?

Thanks ahead of time for any help!!!
0
anonymous
2/20/2004 12:41:12 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
517 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

I did this exact thing.  There is hope . . . although it may not be easy.
Here's the steps I took.

1. Check to see whether the actual files have been deleted or just the web
sites.  The files are probably still in tact in the c:\inetpub directory . .
.. it's your website links to these files that are likely missing.

2. If you had already customized some of the sharepoint stuff (or other SBS
websites), you'll want to make a backup of these directories from Inetpub.

3. Go into Add/Remove Programs > Windows Components and uninstall and
reinstall IIS.

4. Using your SBS 2003 CD, start the install again until you get to server
tools.  On this page, you'll want to remove the "Intranet" portion.  Once
you've done this, you'll need to go into setup again and install the
"Intranet" portion.  Simply reinstalling this did not work for me.

4. This should restore many of the files/connections you need, but a few of
the virtual directories will be missing and perhaps one ISAPI filter.  At
this point, I had to call MS and get them to manually walk me through the
setups, but they didn't charge me because it was an MS problem that did not
recreate all of the Virtual Directories during the reinstall.

5. If you have any questions, or want me to tell you what my virtual
directory settings are (no "warranties"), email me directly (remove no spam)
and I'll try and help.

-- 
Brandon
IT Director
Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies
http://www.presentationsdirect.com

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1353d01c3f74a$3d6c3c90$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Help.
> I really screwed this up.
> I installed CRM to the default website on SBS 2003.
> Now, of course, nothing works...company web etc...
> I ripped CRM out completely. I will redo that later.
> For now, does anyone know how to redo the IIS structure
> on SBS 2003.
> Can I reinstall something?
>
> And... did I blow up Sharepoint services too?
>
> Thanks ahead of time for any help!!!


0
Brandon
2/20/2004 3:16:03 PM
Thanks Brandon!!!
I'll give this a shot asap!


>-----Original Message-----
>I did this exact thing.  There is hope . . . although it 
may not be easy.
>Here's the steps I took.
>
>1. Check to see whether the actual files have been 
deleted or just the web
>sites.  The files are probably still in tact in the 
c:\inetpub directory . .
>.. it's your website links to these files that are 
likely missing.
>
>2. If you had already customized some of the sharepoint 
stuff (or other SBS
>websites), you'll want to make a backup of these 
directories from Inetpub.
>
>3. Go into Add/Remove Programs > Windows Components and 
uninstall and
>reinstall IIS.
>
>4. Using your SBS 2003 CD, start the install again until 
you get to server
>tools.  On this page, you'll want to remove 
the "Intranet" portion.  Once
>you've done this, you'll need to go into setup again and 
install the
>"Intranet" portion.  Simply reinstalling this did not 
work for me.
>
>4. This should restore many of the files/connections you 
need, but a few of
>the virtual directories will be missing and perhaps one 
ISAPI filter.  At
>this point, I had to call MS and get them to manually 
walk me through the
>setups, but they didn't charge me because it was an MS 
problem that did not
>recreate all of the Virtual Directories during the 
reinstall.
>
>5. If you have any questions, or want me to tell you 
what my virtual
>directory settings are (no "warranties"), email me 
directly (remove no spam)
>and I'll try and help.
>
>-- 
>Brandon
>IT Director
>Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies
>http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>
><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>news:1353d01c3f74a$3d6c3c90$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> Help.
>> I really screwed this up.
>> I installed CRM to the default website on SBS 2003.
>> Now, of course, nothing works...company web etc...
>> I ripped CRM out completely. I will redo that later.
>> For now, does anyone know how to redo the IIS structure
>> on SBS 2003.
>> Can I reinstall something?
>>
>> And... did I blow up Sharepoint services too?
>>
>> Thanks ahead of time for any help!!!
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous
2/20/2004 6:14:34 PM
Here is a link that you'll want to check out.

How to Remove and Reinstall IIS and Exchange
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%
5D;320202

SUMMARY
If you have to reinstall Microsoft Internet Information 
Services (IIS) on the server that is also running 
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server or Microsoft Exchange 
Server 2003, you have to reinstall Exchange at the same 
time to restore links to IIS that provide Simple Mail 
Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and Outlook Web Access (OWA) 
functionality. This article describes how to reinstall 
both IIS and Exchange while preserving the existing 
Exchange Information Store. 

>-----Original Message-----
>Thanks Brandon!!!
>I'll give this a shot asap!
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>I did this exact thing.  There is hope . . . although 
it 
>may not be easy.
>>Here's the steps I took.
>>
>>1. Check to see whether the actual files have been 
>deleted or just the web
>>sites.  The files are probably still in tact in the 
>c:\inetpub directory . .
>>.. it's your website links to these files that are 
>likely missing.
>>
>>2. If you had already customized some of the sharepoint 
>stuff (or other SBS
>>websites), you'll want to make a backup of these 
>directories from Inetpub.
>>
>>3. Go into Add/Remove Programs > Windows Components and 
>uninstall and
>>reinstall IIS.
>>
>>4. Using your SBS 2003 CD, start the install again 
until 
>you get to server
>>tools.  On this page, you'll want to remove 
>the "Intranet" portion.  Once
>>you've done this, you'll need to go into setup again 
and 
>install the
>>"Intranet" portion.  Simply reinstalling this did not 
>work for me.
>>
>>4. This should restore many of the files/connections 
you 
>need, but a few of
>>the virtual directories will be missing and perhaps one 
>ISAPI filter.  At
>>this point, I had to call MS and get them to manually 
>walk me through the
>>setups, but they didn't charge me because it was an MS 
>problem that did not
>>recreate all of the Virtual Directories during the 
>reinstall.
>>
>>5. If you have any questions, or want me to tell you 
>what my virtual
>>directory settings are (no "warranties"), email me 
>directly (remove no spam)
>>and I'll try and help.
>>
>>-- 
>>Brandon
>>IT Director
>>Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies
>>http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>>
>><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>news:1353d01c3f74a$3d6c3c90$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>>> Help.
>>> I really screwed this up.
>>> I installed CRM to the default website on SBS 2003.
>>> Now, of course, nothing works...company web etc...
>>> I ripped CRM out completely. I will redo that later.
>>> For now, does anyone know how to redo the IIS 
structure
>>> on SBS 2003.
>>> Can I reinstall something?
>>>
>>> And... did I blow up Sharepoint services too?
>>>
>>> Thanks ahead of time for any help!!!
>>
>>
>>.
>>
>.
>
0
Dicklexick
2/24/2004 6:14:05 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

CRM 3.0 DB is too large
Hi all, We use CRM3.0 customer service for our helpdesk application with 4Gb RAM and Dual Intel Xeon Processor 3.6 Ghz (DB Server). For 8 months, the application run well but now we can't use the application because there is no space in server MSSQL folder. And I see that the db is too large (182 Gb for mdb file and 80 Gb for log file). FYI, We've already created MSSQL Maintenance for backup the db and log. In the maintenance schedule, we do the full backup db every Sunday and the log every day. And we also do the shrink for the CRM db. Please help me to give the solution for our...

CRM Activity logs
Can someone please guide me if the CRM comes with a tool in which I can audit the changes users make to records, etc. Or is this something that I can do with SQL Server? Thanks CRM doesn't have a tool to do this. You can build this yourself using callouts or you can use a third party tool. C360 has an audit tool. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility BV www.cwrmobility.com/weblog -- "Piri Yebra" <PiriYebra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BE03BCB-E48A-4B94-9182-6605509AAE41@microsoft.com... > Can someone please guide me if the CRM comes wit...

Installation question
Hello, I was requested to downgrade a computer at my office to XP. I used a keyfinder to locate the product key for her office installation since the packaging could not be found. I noticed that the product was Office Pro Plus 2007. There is no install disk for Pro Plus 2007 in the office, only for Pro 2007. I did a test run on a spare computer just to verify it would work with her product key, and it shows invalid. Will the product key only work when installing with Pro Plus or did I just copy it down incorrectly? Thanks for any help. Seth Office Pro Plus is a Volume...

Budget amounts wrong, Please help!!
Here is my delema. In Microsoft Money 2004 I have set up my budget and all was great until I was reviwing my current budget status. Under some of my expenses it shows the budgeted amount as double what (and sometimes triple) what it should be. If I choose one of these items and click edit it shows the box with the choice of editing "a Bill in this category" or "An additional expnese in this category" Under "a Bill in this category" it has a pull down menu and it shows the same item more than once. Only one of the identical choices can be used and it...

CRM tasks synchronization
Can a CRM user create tasks in CRM for someone else and have it synchronize into Outlook for that other person? I've enabled the synchronization from the Outlook client and my own tasks are synchronizing but tasks for others are not. Thanks in advance, Dawn On Feb 21, 3:04 pm, TSIDawn <TSID...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can a CRM user create tasks in CRM for someone else and have it synchroni= ze > into Outlook for that other person? I've enabled the synchronization from > the Outlook client and my own tasks are synchronizing but tasks for others > are...

Cannot send emails from CRM
When I open a Lead for example and select "Send Email" I get the error message "Invalid Visibility Modification Access". I have just recently installed the Email router. Before that was installed I was periodically able to send emails out from the CRM. Now that I have installed the router I cannot send any. If any one has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Kerri. Hi Kerri. I am having the same problem on a fresh CRM 3 install. I still haven't sorted it, but I believe it is somehow related with the CRM mailbox that has to be created i...

Installing MOney 04
I am trying to install Money 2004 and It keeps asking for the MOney 2001 disk (which I don't have) What can I do? ...

CRM should let me change email recipient on templates
When using Templates in CRM workflow i would like to be able to choose who i send the template to. I am having an email sent back to the owner and want to add data fields from the original "lead" so taht they know which customer to follow up with but it does not allow you to choose your recipient when you use templates. -- Thanks Knavas ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, foll...

Office Accounting Express / Professional install issue
I installed Office Accounting Express 2009 first on my computer but meant to install Office Accounting Professional 2009 instead. So, I uninstalled Express and then installed Professional. When I load Accounting it still shows me as having Express installed and not Professional. I have following the KB notes on how to completely remove Express and SQL 2005 and even did the registry editing....still does not remove Express. Has anyone had this issue and know what registry settings I need to remove or how to completely remove the Express version so that I can have just the Pro ...

I can't install Autoupdate 211
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Every time I tried to install Autoupdate 211 the error message says 'The application AUAutoUpdate211 quit unexpectly' I tried many times but same thing happeded again and again. ...

Why can't I install Office 2004 on this Mac? #2
I'm having trouble installing Office onto an eMac running OS 10.3.4. The installer simply stops launching after launch. I also tried the drag-and-drop method of installation, but Word simply stops launching and disappears from the dock a few seconds after launch. I can't make the installer or any components of Office launch on this machine. Other applications launch with no problem. I tried deleting everything on the machine with Microsoft in its name. Didn't help. What can I do to make this work? So sorry for the quadruple post. The Microsoft site was giving me an error when I...

Web Services Install Error GP 2010
As the install is running, I encounter the error "The Security ID structure is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80070539) It is a new install of Web Services on Windows 2008 Server\SQL 2008 Server. The application account has DYNGROUP for Dynamics and company DB's. I since made it a dbo trying to get past error. It is a local account that I also granted local admin in an attempt to get to work. SQL and GP2010 are both on the same box. Nothing on customersource so any help would be appreciated. -- Ryan ...

Windows Update won't show the updates that it wants to install
Hi All I just got the new updates for my Vista Biz OS. Problem is that it won't show the name of the updates that it is going to install, it just shows that they are 5. Now, I need to know *what* I am installing before I do that, right? How come it is not showing that? Bug? I checked the computer with my AV and antispyware software: system is ok. Any ideas? thanks Are you telling us that when you go to Windows Update or Microsoft Update and you do the scan for Updates then when the scan finishes all it shows you after that there are 5 of them but it does no...

Exch2003 SP2 install can't stop smtp service
I have a Win2003 SP1 server running Exch2003 SP1, when I try to install Exch2003 SP2, it is unable to stop the SMTP service and never finishes. I tried to stop all Exchange services and run the service pack again, but I can't get the SMTP service to stop. I get a 1053 error the the service did not respond to the stop request. I tried stopping the SMTP service via the services gui interface and I also tried it via command line. Any thoughts? -- Thanks for your help. On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:18:01 -0800, Landon <ljbideaux@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have a Win2003 SP1 server ru...

Multiple CRM Sites (child domains) on 1 Server
I would like to install multiple CRM sites, from different child domains, on 1 CRM server. I believe this is possible. Are there any things I should be aware of? Any critical issues that will arise? Is this covered in the implimentation guide....off to get it now. Thanks. "Scott" <wikayaker@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141061562.354599.267210@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... >I would like to install multiple CRM sites, from different child > domains, on 1 CRM server. Not possible, sorry. I believe I read MS is considering this for the next version, to f...

Money2004 install problem
When I install Money 2004, it showed I had Norton Anti Virus software installed. My operating system is Windows XP Home edition. I chose continue to install. But it can't start the Money2004 after installation.Then I tried to uninstall the Norton AntiVirus, reinstall Money. It remains the same problem. Who can help. Thanks a million. you should deactivate the norton software - ususally there is a button on the menu bar for norton - left click on that and select exit. - after deactivating the norton you can install Money 2004 but the message will continue to come up warning of ...

CRM & Ms.Outlook
Hello; I am using CRM 3.0. Would u plz let me know if there is any link between CRM & Ms.Outlook? For example;i set a meeting in CRM and i wanna know if i can see this meeting in Outlook too. Best Regards Yes. The integration between Outlook is one of the best feature of Microsoft CRM. Install/setup the Microsoft CRM for Outlook client. Your CRM appointments will be synch to your Outlook calender. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "shima" wrote: > Hello; > > I am using CRM 3.0. > Would u plz let me know if there i...

CRM SDK
Hi, Is it possible to use the CRMQuote.Update method to update a field of a quote WHERE the quote is already activated? An activated quote has its fields in read-only mode, but I want to be able to update a custom field of an "activated" quote. Please let me know if this is possible, e.g., can I convert the quote to "update-mode", make the change, then put it back in read-only mode? thanks. ...

How do you Install the Exchange Snapins on XP
I have tried selecting just the administraition tools from the installer but it requires a whole host of items to be installed? At the moment when we manage exchange accouts we rdp to the exch svr Assuming you are running E2K3, run the adminpak from a server in windows\system32, and then run the Exchange setup, do a custom install and only select the system management component. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "austen.lowe" &...

Installing an A2002 application under A2003
Hello, I'm using Access 2002, with Office Developper Edition. I just packed an application with the ODE, sent it to a customer. He clicked on setup, and then has been warned that Access 2003 is neeed!! He is actually using Access 2003, installeed on his pc. I'm surprised that an A2002 application can't be installed with A2003. Do you know if there would be any workaround? TIA Philippe If this is an MDB in Access 2002/2003 file format, and you compiled and created an MDE under Access 2003, then it won't work under Access 2002. Every version of Access uses a different bin...

Outlook runs frontpage installer on startup
It seems multiple people have the same problem: IE: Just recently, Outlook 2000 on my Windows XP system has started to autorun Office XP with FrontPage installation everytime I open Outlook. I click cancel, it shuts down the installation but then pops right back up again and tries to install again, over and over and over. Eventually, I get an error 1706 but when I close the error box, the new install starts right back up again. Please help. Could this be the result of a "host" trojan. I had that show up this week too! Any Microsoft savvy persons who are willing to hel...

CRM 4 Printing Workflows
We are using CRM4 and have created a number of workflows. I was just wondering if there would be any way to print these workflow, or create a document showing the steps of the workflow? This would just be very useful to save me alot of documentation time. Apart from a screen shot no printing option is available. Technically an application could be build to do this but I am pretty sure that there is nothing out there at the moment. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "Rob...

A Simple Schema : What is wrong?
Hello, I have a simple schema as shown below. When I validate it, I get the error "Type 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:emptype' is not declared. An error occurred at , (6, 12)." *************** <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="Employee"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="Name" type="xsd:string" /> <xsd:element name="EmployeeType" type...

Problem with CRM Workflof Manager and CRM Workflow Monitor
Hello everyone, We have a small problem with rules and monitoring in CRM 3.0. We created and activated a rule that is supposed to send an e-mail to the head of department (he is a CRM user) whenever a new account is created. A fairly straightforward procedure in the CRM Workflow Manager. However, the rules just do not fire. What we see in the workflow process summary of the Workflow monitor is 32 paused processed under the account heading. If we try to look into any of the other views we get no information. We tried refreshing the view and anything else that we could come upo on the f...

CRM 1.2 to 3.0 Disaster Recovery
Hi guys, I need some urgent help. I have CRM 1.2 database backup from which I need to recover records such as Contacts, Accounts and E-mails to CRM 3.0. I know there are ways of upgrading existing CRM 1.2 to 3.0, but unfortunatley the entire network is no longer working. I 've therefore installaed a new domain with CRM 3.0 which is working fine. I now need to import data which is in the CRM 1.2 backup from SQL server. I am really desperate for any help. All I need is importing data from 1.2 to 3.0. I'ld appreciate if anyone could even recommend a third party application which...