BizTalk/CommerceServer/MS CRM/...?

Hi,

I need to make an application that does basicly this:
- Receiving Demands from Clients for some Products
- Searching in the DataBase which Suppliers (may) have these Products
- Contacting these Suppliers (by Contact Person) for a Price Offer
- Grouping the best Price Offers and doing an Offer to the Client
- If they Client want the Offer: Ordering them by the Suppliers
- Take care of Shipping/Controls etc
- The Management of all these Clients, Suppliers, Products, Carriers,
Controllers, ...
- Printing Reports
- ...

I should make this in VB.NET, but because a lot of these action seem to be
just stanard stuff, I thought that it could be nicer if I did an integration
with an existing Microsoft product like BizTalk, Commerce Server, MS CRM,

The problem is that I don't know these products, and the microsoft-site
doesn't give me a lot of information of which product I should use for this,
and until which level it can be customized with .NET-software etc.

Is there anybody wo could help me a little bit with this stuff? If I would
be able to know which Microsoft-product would be a possiblity to integrate
with, and what the basic functions are, it could help me a hand, and I can
than focus me on that one application.

thanks a lot in advance,

Pieter

0
DraguVaso
4/19/2005 3:41:34 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Check into Microsoft Great Plains or Navision.

These are typically Purchase Order requirements.

What do you use as a financial application?

"DraguVaso" <pietercoucke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to make an application that does basicly this:
> - Receiving Demands from Clients for some Products
> - Searching in the DataBase which Suppliers (may) have these Products
> - Contacting these Suppliers (by Contact Person) for a Price Offer
> - Grouping the best Price Offers and doing an Offer to the Client
> - If they Client want the Offer: Ordering them by the Suppliers
> - Take care of Shipping/Controls etc
> - The Management of all these Clients, Suppliers, Products, Carriers,
> Controllers, ...
> - Printing Reports
> - ...
>
> I should make this in VB.NET, but because a lot of these action seem to be
> just stanard stuff, I thought that it could be nicer if I did an
> integration
> with an existing Microsoft product like BizTalk, Commerce Server, MS CRM,
>
> The problem is that I don't know these products, and the microsoft-site
> doesn't give me a lot of information of which product I should use for
> this,
> and until which level it can be customized with .NET-software etc.
>
> Is there anybody wo could help me a little bit with this stuff? If I would
> be able to know which Microsoft-product would be a possiblity to integrate
> with, and what the basic functions are, it could help me a hand, and I can
> than focus me on that one application.
>
> thanks a lot in advance,
>
> Pieter

0
Jake
4/19/2005 5:45:40 PM
Thanks! I'm gonna take a look overthere :-)
They are using SunSystems for the financial aspect.

Pieter

"Jake Horn" <jhorn_remove_@mscrmexperts_nospam.com> wrote in message
> Check into Microsoft Great Plains or Navision.
>
> These are typically Purchase Order requirements.
>
> What do you use as a financial application?
>
> "DraguVaso" <pietercoucke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to make an application that does basicly this:
> > - Receiving Demands from Clients for some Products
> > - Searching in the DataBase which Suppliers (may) have these Products
> > - Contacting these Suppliers (by Contact Person) for a Price Offer
> > - Grouping the best Price Offers and doing an Offer to the Client
> > - If they Client want the Offer: Ordering them by the Suppliers
> > - Take care of Shipping/Controls etc
> > - The Management of all these Clients, Suppliers, Products, Carriers,
> > Controllers, ...
> > - Printing Reports
> > - ...
> >
> > I should make this in VB.NET, but because a lot of these action seem to
be
> > just stanard stuff, I thought that it could be nicer if I did an
> > integration
> > with an existing Microsoft product like BizTalk, Commerce Server, MS
CRM,

> > The problem is that I don't know these products, and the microsoft-site
> > doesn't give me a lot of information of which product I should use for
> > this,
> > and until which level it can be customized with .NET-software etc.
> >
> > Is there anybody wo could help me a little bit with this stuff? If I
would
> > be able to know which Microsoft-product would be a possiblity to
integrate
> > with, and what the basic functions are, it could help me a hand, and I
can
> > than focus me on that one application.
> >
> > thanks a lot in advance,
> >
> > Pieter

0
DraguVaso

CRM Router bug
Rightly or wrongly I’ve discovered that a lot of applications that send email via SMTP don’t parse their email addresses correctly and may insert or allow “leading spaces” (Backup Exec is one example). We have a bunch of server emailing alert to an address ‘xx@yyy.com.au’ – we were collecting these in an Exchange Public folder and recently added a rule to forward them to our CMR mailbox so they would enter the appropriate queue – do dramas, it worked fine. But after a while I noticed that there were messages in the public folder that never appeared in the queue. The following event ...

Both MS Outlook and Outlook Express cannot communicate with email server
Hi All, Both MS Outlook and Outlook Express cannot communicate with the server. There is the acctual connection but the "request string" send to server is not the correct one. I know that because I tried "telnet emailsever.com 110". I typed the request string such as "USER emailname" then hit Enter, I got the right response. If I just hit ENTER without enter "USER emailname", I receive the message "-ERR ...USER,QUIT" The message I receive from both Outlook is "-ERR ...USER,QUIT" What could be the problem? How can I fix that? I alr...

Number fields will not accept values in CRM 3.0 09-25-06
I just installed CRM 3.0 and I'm having an issue where I enter a number in a number field such as price (contractdetail) and as soon as I click off it goes blank. Fields which are text seem to work fine. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? Here are some additional infos: System/Environment Using Windows 2003 with SQL 2005 Does this happen with every number field? Yes, it happens with every number field in contractdetail Does it matter what user you are logged in as? No, it doesn't matter! Do you have custom number fields that this is happening to as well? Yes, it happens ...

CRM 4 Import Customization hangs #2
When trying to import isv.config customization into CRM 4, the 'Import Customization -- Webpage Dialog' window just says 'Importing customizations. please wait for operation to complete...'. It never finishes. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

MS Query Help
I can't get the SUBSTRING() function to work with MS Query. No matter what I try, I get an "invalid column name" error. Can anyone help? ...

CRM Functional talent
I'm looking to hire CRM analyst for my company w/ locations in Portland, Seattle & San Francisco. It's a great opportunity to lead our CRM chargein each branch; we were also voted Partner of the Year-West Coast. If you would like more information or know someone who's interested in stronger opportunitites, please e-mail me @ recruiter4@ilg.com. www.ilg.com Thank you. -- Kim ...

Importing files into CRM 3.0
Hello. 2 quick questions; 1) I have an Excel file that I would like to import into CRM 3.0, to update some information? How do (CAN) I go about doing that? 2) If I can import this file, some of the fields have formulas associated with them (like adding a few cells together,) will that be harmful to a successful import? Thanks so much! The CRM import wizard will not perform updates for existing records. It will only create new records. Anything like formulas may cause the import to break or be interpreted as additional columns etc You check out the scribe tools for more advanced imp...

CRM 4.0 for Outlook won't save configuration settings
We are totally new to CRM so this maybe trivial, but we have an XP workstation with SP3, Office 2007, and CRM 4.0 for Outlook installed. We configure CRM with the configuration wizard and everything works fantastic until you close out of Outlook. Then go back in and no CRM tool bar. Reboot and still no CRM toolbar. Run the diagnostics and it indicates that CRM for Outlook hasn't been configured and that we need to run the configuration wizard. We do so, and it works fine again until Outlook is closed again. Any thoughts? This is frustrating as the user is constantly complainin...

CRM SQL error
When I try to open CRM I get this error message: Cannot open database "metabase" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thanks, -Rick I take it that you are running the MSCRM website under the network service account. Try adding the [ServerName]$ (IIS Server) account to the AD group SQLAccessGroup -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Rick M" wrote: > When I try to open CRM I get this error message: > > Cannot open database &q...

MS Excel Worksheets
I have multiple worksheets with at least one common field. I need to create an additional worksheet that combines the related fields based on the field that is common to all. Which function does this? Thank you. What do you mean by "combines the related fields"? If you mean "sums" then you can use =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1) where Sheet1 is the left-most sheet and Sheet5 is the right-most sheet that you want to sum. In article <5F8164C9-E8F9-44B4-A846-505906F69F40@microsoft.com>, "Wordgeek" <Wordgeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I h...

External Account access to custom CRM Report
Hello, Our customer wants to be able to provide access to a custom CRM report to their Accounts. An Account can view only that one report and only for their account record. The Account should not be able to see any CRM records (even their Account record) - only the custom report. What is the best way to implement this requirement? Thanks in advance. TOG Hi, If you are looking to provide access to Accounts then basically you need to develop a new custom developed interface. If you use MS CRM interface then you need to have CRM license. My suggestion will be to develop a website using CRM...

CRM 3.0 on member server with SBS outlook issue
We have a SBS standard server that is our DC, and a member server that has SQL on it. I installed CRM 3.0 Pro on the member server since my understanding was we could not install CRM SBS on the SBS server unless it was the premium edition SBS. I am able to access the crm by browsing to http://crm/ but when i install the client in outlooks 2003, it cannot access the crm interface. The error i get is "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM Functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your System administartor if error persists." Being as that message is extremely cr...

MS CUBE expertise needed
Hello: I'm a recruiter for a $600 million sales company. We are looking for an individual to work out of our beautiful corporate offices in Southern California. This individual would be versed in MS Cube, but I'm having problems finding people with this type of technical expertise...please help! ...

Microsoft CRM media reuse
Hi there, My client has bought 2 sets of Microsoft CRM 3.0 server licenses for Test and Production environments. But they only bought one media kit and i was wondering this media kit and the CD- Key can be re-use for both installations? Or do they need 2 media kits with 2 seperate set of CD - Keys Thanks Kyaw One set is all you need - make sure they are the latest though - check with the trial downl,oads as they are all the same Pete "Kyaw Zay Ya" <kyaw.zayya@completesolutions.co.nz> wrote in message news:uEofFIjKIHA.5580@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi there, &...

CRM Reports don't work after installation
I have installed CRM 1.2 on a second server after having previously installed to first server and finding the CRM web site was in conflict with my existing sites. We uninstalled CRM 1.2 from first server (fine), installed to second server using databsae from first server (fine). The CRM applicaiton works well enough, but when I go to run Reports I get error "File frs://Input/a_189/000/000/189/1270396438475a11a.rpt not found on File Repository Server." I am not sure whether this is a Crystal APS database error, configuration error, connection error . . . I am sure it is an in...

CRM Add-In doesn't work
Hi NG, i'm evaluation the ms crm. we have the server up and running. web interface is just fine. next step ist to install the integraion for outlook. i'm using outlook xp. installation went fine. no problem. got new folders. but if i click on a folder i get the following error message: 'The user authentication passed to the plattform is not valid' If i use the web interface with the same account i'm logged on, everythin is fine. whats the problem. client os is windows xp sp1 and server is runing windows 2000 server. Thanx bye marco hi all, after two reboots everyth...

how to set up a fax server for CRM 3.0
anyone can help to set up a fax server for CRM 3.0 on SBS ...

Fax Functionality for CRM
can someone recommend a fax-server / fax add-on for MS-CRM (not the SBE edition). thank's This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_044E_01C63CB3.BDDDCC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable www.zfirm.com --=20 LeVar Berry CEO eDriven Enterprises Inc 513.403.1210 "dewo" <asfar.sadewa@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1141176766.989890.139630@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... can someone recommend a fax-server / fax add-on for MS-CRM (not the = SBE edition). thank's...

How to access different glyphs in MS Word?
How do we access different glyphs of opentype fonts in MS word. The method of opening character map is very cumbersome. Is there any shortcut key or menu button or any other similar such method which can enable typing different glyphs of any character. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/InsertSpecChars.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. S N wrote: > How do we access different glyphs of opentype fonts in MS word. > The me...

Find CRM servers on the network
I need to find the CRM servers on the network using installshield is there a way to do so or will i have to write a service on the server to do recieve a packet through the port and the reply to it. anyone having any clue or idea on how can i go about my task please reply soon. you can perform an ldap query and scan the active directory.. if you look in the AD for a CRM web server machine account you will see an entry for the crm security service. This will be enough to tell you its a crm server etc and is how crm gives you a list of crm web servers to publish changes to etc <devil...

Conflict between MSN Search Toolbar and MS CRM
After I installed the MSN Search Toolbar on 2 computers running XP, I noticed that MS CRM had suffered: The background colors on the fields in the MS CRM forms had randomly changed from the normal all-white to background colors of yellow and green and sometimes white. Anybody else have the problem or have a fix? In a cross-post to the MSN Search forum, I received the following reply which solved the problem. I changed the preference in the MSN Search Toolbar and it worked perfectly. dcmacdon "Charles Oppermann" wrote: > Sounds like the form fill function is coloring t...

MS Query #6
Hi, Just for curiosity. MS Query has a status bar with seven boxes on the right. I only get 4, 5 and 6 working: [Caps], [Num] and [Scrl]. Do the other boxes have a function? And if so: what function? Thanks for a reply, Frans ...

CRM Router
- Happy thanksgiving- !! All done eating tofurkey and I can't help but think about a CRM problem that I can't figur out. Problem is the CRM exchange account is crm@server.local. If I route e-mail to it from matt@server.local (with matt@server.local in the e-mail TO field) it post it to the CRM server. If I route e-mail to it (of course through a rule etc) with matt@domainname.com it just disapears. It goes to the mailbox CRM@server.local but then is deleted. I have a queue with matt@domainname.com. It appears that the server can ONLY PROCESS @SERVER.LOCAL e-mail. Not goo...

How to get certified in CRM 4.0
Hi, I two questions regarding certification in 4.0 (Titan): 1. If you want to upgrade your 3.0 certification, how/when is this done? 2. If you aren't certified in 3.0, how/when do you get certified? /Regards, Lotten Lholm wrote: > Hi, > > I two questions regarding certification in 4.0 (Titan): > > 1. If you want to upgrade your 3.0 certification, how/when is this done? > 2. If you aren't certified in 3.0, how/when do you get certified? > > /Regards, > Lotten To upgrade, there should be a training at the Firebrand bootcamp, call them directly and ask ...

CRM 4 products and pricing
Our products are priced in $/1000. so for example, I want to input an opportunity product with a price of $100/1000 Units, so that when I input a quantity of 1000, I want the price to come up as $100. the 'primary unit' is defaulted as each in the product catalogue, and I created a unit group called 1000 with a base unit of each, and a unit of 0.001. then I create a price list with the price list item with the price of $100 and the unit group of 1000. when i create an opportunity and add an opportunity product with a quantity of 1000, it populates with a completed price of $1...