Billable Time subtracted from Contract Line

Using CRM 3.0
I have been setting up Contacts & Contract Lines, and when opening the
contract line it indeed decreases the time allotment (if the contract is time
based), based on cases files against it..

When we try to resolve a case and insufficient time is left, it will ask me
whether I want to still save, it... but then it will give me a system error
and prevent me from saving if indeed the Billable time exceeds the balance on
the contract line.

Any ideas, anyone had same problem?
--
Juan Fidalgo
Sr. Bus. Analyst

vertical lines on calendar don't print
I'm trying to print a yearly calendar for 2004...whe I go to print it out, the vertical lines do not print. What do I need to do? Thanks Lewis is this program the Funky Bunky draw program that runs on a Apple and printing out on a Daisywheel printer? How about you tell us what version of Windows, Publisher and brand and model of your printer. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from lewis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I'm trying to print a yearly calendar for 2004...whe I go to print > it out, the vertical lines d...

line column Pivot Charts

Inventory: Average Lead Time vs Planning Lead Time
Hi, In "Cards > Inventory > Vendors" (ie. Item Vendors Maintenance) there is a field called "Average lead Time". I see that this is a calculated field and that makes sense. The Help for this field says: Average Lead Time - Enter the average number of days that pass between the time you place an order with this vendor and the time you receive the order. There is another field here called "Planning Lead Time". It's Help says: Planning Lead Time - Enter the number of days you use in planning between the time you place an order with this vendor and th...

305 line Command Button Slow
I have a Command Button with 305 lines of code associated with it. Approx. 150 of the lines are Setting Objects, the rest are actual code. Granted I have them spread out, so when concatenating fields, I can have that one statement stretch out over several lines. My problem is, the button is taking a minute+ to run. I can't seem to figure out why other than it's a lot of code. Can someone help me? I've posted the code below. Any help is appreciated. Sub Save34_Click 'Sets Object Controls for Save34 Command Button On Click Set objControl025 = Item.UserProperties...

Printing a Summary sheet with only those lines with data
We maintain a Proposal Master in Excel. We would like to print a Summary page which would include major categories, i.e. Software, Hardware, Interfaces, 3rd Party Software, and those lines under the major categories where the quantity is NOT 0. Obviously, we have to keep all the lines in the Proposal Master because some things are used by some clients and some by others. When the quantity is changed to 1, or from 0, we would like to print all those details by sub-category in a Summary Page. Is there any easy way to do this??? Thanks for your help!!! ...

Access to project time and expense
I am new to GP and have installed GP8 with BP2.5. The problem is when attempting to access the project time or expense pages in BP. I receive the message, " you are not authorized to view this page". I have ran grantsql against the dynamic database but this seems to have had no effect. Can anyone tell me how to go about fixing this issue? Thanks in advance. ...

Add 2 rows at 1st time
Hi! I have an AppendQuery that add two rows when us it at 1st time. Why, please? Thanks in advance. an On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:56:02 -0700, an <an@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! > >I have an AppendQuery that add two rows when us it at 1st time. >Why, please? Because there's an error in the query. My guess is that the query joins two tables, and (for this record) there are two records in the joined table. Please post the SQL. John W. Vinson [MVP] On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:04:15 -0700, an <an@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >INSERT...

X axis values on a line graph
In an excel spreadsheet, I have a series of data. Each "batch" of data has 24 cells, but there are only 2 cells out of each 24 whose values I want to plot on a line graph on a separate sheet in the same file. The first of these contains a weekly date range and the second contains a percentage. For example: 4/7/08-4/13/08 44% 3/31/08-4/6/08 39% 3/24/08-3/30/08 51% Notice that the data is going backwards in time. There are currently 16 batches of data, going back weekly to the beginning of 2008. Each week, a new batch of data will be added at the top of the sheet. I have...

how to get the end of month date and time in Visual C++ 6.0
I am using visual c++ 6.0 and MFC. How can I convert the end of month date and time (New York time) to local time? For example, if a user run my application in Japan on Feb. 3th, 2008, I need to convert New York time 23:59:59 Feb. 29th, 2008 to Japan time. The result may be 13:59:59 March 1st, 2008 Japan time. Code snippet will be appreciated. Thanks Ningjun On 1 Feb 2007 08:08:06 -0800, ningjun.wang@lexisnexis.com wrote: >I am using visual c++ 6.0 and MFC. How can I convert the end of month >date and time (New York time) to local time? > >For example, if a user run my appl...

CRM 4.0: Report Wizard - Query execution failed for data set 'DSMain'.
How come the following report made by Report Wizard fail ? An error has occurred during report processing. Query execution failed for data set 'DSMain'. The column 'accountid' was specified multiple times for 'account0'. The report is designed as follows: New Report, Start a new report, Reportname = "test" Primary record type : Accounts Use saved view: Active Accounts Add a single column = AccountName All the rest is default choices. Changing saved view to My Active Accounts yields the same result. Changing saved view to Accounts: Responded to Campaingns ...

Calculate Face Time
What I am looking to do is calculate time between two individuals and determine how much of the day (percentage) they will see each other. Example: Employee A is at work from 8-5 and employee B is at work from 12-9 then they would have 5 hours of facetime which would be 62.5% facetime. My Workbook is set up like this: Worksheet A Employee | Monday Start | Monday End | Tuesday Start | Employee 1 | 10:00 AM | 8:00 PM | 10:00 AM | Worksheet B Employee | Monday Start | Monday End | Tuesday Start | Employe...

line wrapping in Outlook 2003
i have an app that's sending e-mails that contain a long url, about 150 characters. when clients forward these e-mails using outlook 2003 it gets wrapped and link is broken in 2. is there a way to force the outlook client (2003) not to wrap lines ? I need this to happen on the Exchange server, not on the client side. We bumped the "Message text word wrap" to 200 on the Exchange server but that didn't help. I know there's a way to change a registry setting on the client side but I can't control that. suggestions, help? Thanks. exchange? <me@exchange.com>...

Emails with large attachments are coming in multiple times
I have this strange issue when my users get emails which have larg attachments (over 5 meg) they get them in multiple times. At first thought one of our clients mail servers was messed up, but it ha happen with multiple clients... Any clue what might be causing this ...

Connection Lines Between Data Points
I'm trying to show connecting lines between data points. X axis is in dollars for the days of the week, Y axis is date. I do not have figures for each day for the X axis, so my data points will not connect. Below is an example of my data. Any help is appreciated. Thank you! Date Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday 12/1 $1,169 12/2 $521 12/3 $2,321 12/4 12/5 12/6 12/7 $3,317 12/8 $2,791 12/9 $776 12/10 $4,772 12/11 12/12 12/13 12/14 $1,391 12/15 $1,501 12/16 $1,322 12/17 $3,688 12/18 12...

Linked items to Contract Lines do not copy across when contract copied or renewed
Hello, I am an installation where the client is a computer hardware supplier. They have contractu agreements with clients and have specific machines (servers and PCs) covered in these contracts. So I have created a custom entity which I called 'Contract line Item', which is linked (1-M parental) relationship, to the contract lines, to store the details od these machaines (such as brand, model, serial numbers, configurations and more). The problem arises now when he renews a contract, the associated contract lines are copied across, but the contract line Items are not copied to the ne...

Ediy Date & Time to change Time to Text
My apologies for the first unclear posting, I should not have done i immediately after a long day at work. I need to write a Macro for an Excel spreadsheet that will change Time to Text. Such as: *'26-Apr-06 08:00' *to read *'26-Apr-06 Pd 1' *instead of Tim (Pd1 instead of 08:00) or as an example *'26-Apr-06 08:45' *to read *'26-Apr-06 Pd 2' *instead of Time (Pd instead of 08:45) I have 10 periods in the day, Once I understand how to do it for On Date/Time I can hopefully do it for the others. Is it possible to d this? and for a complete page of scheduled ...

Elapsed time between rows
How can a query be written that will tell me how much time elapsed between any two items? For example, how much time elapsed between test1 and test4? xAN xTime xText 1 9/22/2007 3:29:15 AM test 2 9/22/2007 3:29:17 AM test1 3 9/22/2007 3:29:20 AM test2 4 9/22/2007 3:29:22 AM test3 5 9/22/2007 3:29:26 AM test4 6 9/22/2007 3:29:29 AM test5 Use a subquery to get the nearest prior time If subqueries are new, here's an example: Subquery basics: Get the value in another record at: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#AnotherRecord -- Allen Browne - Microsoft...

Daylight Savings Time DST in sent folder
Good Day, When reviewing sent folder items, I noticed the time stamp are off by an hour. For example, I sent an email last week at 2:45 PM . Today, when I look in the sent folder, it shows 3:45 pm. If I decide to forward that email, it will retain the 3:45 pm time. Rick I have a job that runs at 3:10am every day and sends me an email with the results. All the emails before the change to DST were timed with 3:10am. when viewed on days b4 DST. Now after the change all of these emails are timed at 4:10am. The job that ran on the 15th is timed at 3:10am. Why did the time ...

can I make the vertical axis the category axis in Excel line graph
Hi, Check out Stephen Bullen's FunChrt2.zip file http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Cheers Andy power1 wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

In Excel: is there a way of inserting the current time (what time it is right NOW)
This would help me save time Everytime I take a pill (medication) I jot down the time. In Word, it is easy. You just select Insert-->Date/Time & then select the current time (without auto-update) Is there an equivalent command in Excel? In Excel I have time-sheets for work. I jot down the time it is when I arrive at work/uni etc. It would be useful if I could just click a button and it would insert the current time. (I know it's not hard to just type in 9:05am, but anything that saves time is a bonus!) Control semi-colon inserts the date. Control shift colon inserts the t...

Licensing
I just bought a copy of Office Special Media Edition and installed it on my desktop. I only use my laptop when I'm not at my desk, so I can't use both machines at once. My question is whether I am allowed to install this license on the laptop too if it's not being used concurrently on the desktop? Or, do I need to buy a license for the laptop even though they won't be used at the same time? I did a search, but wasn't successful in finding my answer. Thanks! As far as I know, yes, you are allowed to use the same license on the laptop, for your use when you are not using th...

Remove time value when displaying Finish value
I have a custom field with the following formula "Finish & Text4" in a column called Text5. I then modify bar styles to display Text5 on the Gnatt chart. Question -- the Finish value shows as 1/15/2010 8:00:00 AM. How do I modify my formula to only show 1/15/10 and not the time. Additonally, how do I modify the formula to have the Text4 text display in italics? Thanks very much in advance bmac On Jan 28, 4:29=A0am, bmac <b...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a custom field with the following formula "Finish & Text4" in a co= lumn &...

Indexing from scratch each time I load Outlook
Hi, I have a large number of emails etc now and I am having to wait nearly an hour before I can really get a comprehensive search result. Why is the indexing of Outlook not stored somewhere? I have tried to find the options for indexing but with no luck. I don't want it to trawl through my pst every time I open it, I want it to store it and update when I amend things. I'm using Outlook 2010. Thanks in advance! Also I note that Google Desktop does not have any emails in its database even though I have selected it to index them... Lester ...

Multiple browser windows opening each time I click on an element.
Does anyone know how to set the CRM window such that it does not launch in a new browser window? You can achieve this result by browsing directly to the loader.aspx page on your server. However, this will result in the IE menus to remain which can be confusing to the user. You can also set this at the application level by changing the "AppMode" setting in the web.config. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Bill@fusionsoft.co.uk" <Billfusionsoftcouk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA0CA71E-07A3-4D89-B930-0C4AEB961601@microsoft.com... Does a...

FWD and RE: When I Change Subject Line, Message Body Disappears
Outlook 2000 on Exchange 2000. I have a co-worker (tries so hard to be a power user and seems to find all the bugs!) that likes to change the subject lines of his replies and forwards. When he does this, the message he typed for the reply or forward disappears. The rest of the message is still intact. Does this have to do with Exchange Server and the fact he has an OST file and Exchange loses sync with the message? Is there another issue that causes this? Thanks! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly ...