best way to connect a brach office

What is the best way to connect to a branch office say of 10 users to the
main server .. In addition the branch office wants all outlook email
functionaliy... is it going to be the laptop client assigned to each user,
which means every branch user nees to sync individually ?!?!?!? ? i hope
not.. Please advise..

0
SA
5/3/2007 4:58:59 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Anyway to start the "Messenger" service only when connected to AD?
I use quite a lot of "send net" to broadcast important messages to the whole domain. But the "messenger" service has to be started in order to receive messages. However, more than half of the computers are portables that the owners could bring back home. And when they're home, they're connected to Internet with every mean available to them. And it's better that the Messenger service is stopped to avoid spam messages from Internet or other virus. So, is there a way to start this service when these portables are connected to the AD. And when they'...

How to de-activate Office 2007 to install on another machine
I purchased a new laptop and want to install Office 2007 Small Business which was purchased and activated with my old laptop. How do I de-activate Office on the old machine so that I can activate it on the new machine? The old machine will be sold or given away and I do not need it on the old machine. Uninstall Office from old machine Use the following if you cannot from Add Remove http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "CCKM&qu...

How is fastest way to construct an XML node then a bunch of slow xquery
How is fastest way to construct an XML node then a bunch of slow xquery modify statements? This SQL Server 2005 logic is rather slow to simply add a new item to an xml document. Any way to do this all in one statement and faster for creating a new node without having to re-select to set the attribute values? set @currentItems.modify('insert <Item></Item> as first into (/Items/ParentItem[(@id=sql:variable("@parentItemID"))])[1]') set @currentItems.modify('insert (attribute id {sql:variable("@itemID")}, attribute length {sql:variable("@metadataL...

O2K Workgroup
My installation is Corporate or Workgroup and on this page, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=248830, it has this blurb: "The Internet Mail Only installation option (IMO) of Outlook, unlike the Corporate or Workgroup option, does not have the Out of Office Assistant to automatically reply to messages when you are away from your computer." So my "Corporate or Workgroup" should have this option under Tools, but it doesn't. As per normal went hunting to see what I could find to resolve this. Here, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238280/en-us, it says: "1. On the...

Exchange server using Office 2003 and Vista
I'm trying to connect to my corportate email through Outlook 2003 using exchange server. The instructions that were provided to me are for PCs running Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I can't complete the setup because I don't have some of the icons listed in the instructions. I think it is because of my OS. I am running: Windows Vista Home Premium (64 Bit) Office 2003 Professional Is there a way to setup up Office 2003 to connect using exchange server in the Vista Home Premium or is this ANOTHER feature not available? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Runtime error '2450' Microsoft Office Access...
...can't find the form, 'frmRptStores' referred to in a macro expression or visual basic code. I definitely have the form, 'frmRptStores' amongst my forms. In fact, DoCmd. OpenForm "frmRptStores" successfully opens the form. But the following line fails: Set Frm = Forms("frmRptStores") The frm variable is set as follows: Dim Frm As New Access.Form Any help would be appreciated -- Bill Reed "If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at somebody else" Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Bill, Your form frmRptStores ne...

Moving server .. what are the best practice steps?
Hello, I'm a sys admin who for first time will be moving our exchange box from our colocation to our own physical network. So my manager has asked if i have a solution, agenda and plan. I of course dont because I havent done this before and cant answer a few of his questions. Maybe a seasoned sys admin on the list here can help me. Here is a list of what I do have or doing so far. - The IP at our network is already determined and i will execute a change of the MX record a day before the move for propogation reasons. - I will be imaging the box with Acronis True Image w/ Universal Hardw...

outllok 2003 over office 2000
Hi I've office 2000 installed and i bought outlook 2003 (SBS).... Can i safely install outlook 2003 over office 2000? i'need that work both office 2000 apps (word, excel, ppt) and outlook 2003 does it import the outlook 2000 account? Thank you dan yes. It should also update the existing Outlook. You won't be able to use Word as your email editor. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Daniele Pasian" <danielepasian@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:uLOQuXbvFHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi I've office 2000 installed and i bought outlook 2003 (SBS).... > >...

exchange 2k3 configuration for remote offices
I'm in the planning stages of upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to 2K3. We have four Exchange servers in our main office, and 2 at remote offices. We are looking at setting up with the frontend / backend configuration at the main office, but I'm having trouble finding any information about remote locations and performance issues with this configuration. Is anyone running in a similar configuration? ...

Office:mac v.X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have subject version of Office. I know that there must be updates to this so I can bring this up to date but I can't seem to find the ones I need to start the process. Can someone get me to the beginning? Thanks!!! ...

Release Candidate of Office 2010 vs.Microsoft Office 2010 Beta
Is this the same product? Microsoft Office 2010 Beta http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx Release Candidate build of Office 2010 http://connect.microsoft.com/office I can't figure out how to get this one. "Release Candidate" is the name given to a late-stage beta of a product, typically the last beta version before the final release. All the caveats of beta software also apply to a Release Candidate (and Microsoft is very clear about this.) Daddy "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819AF240...

how best to creat an inventory list, with one master sheet and a sheet for each item #2
Not sure if what you have described will work. I am looking at havin to inventory 200 items or so, and keep a sheet on each that I ca record issue and received stock, with a couple other columns o information as well. The 'master' sheet would list all items and a current balance so that can print it out without having to print out excessive pages and i would provide a nice way to view current stock at a glance. I als have hopes of formatting that page so it will give me notice when t re-order, etc. Hope this helps clear up what I am trying to do. Thanks for all the help, keep it...

Connect whith MAPI on a specific Domain
Hi, I wish to do a connected MAPI without graphic interaction. My problem is that my application must turn on a pc that is not to connect to the Domain of the exchange server. Interactively, when i connected to outlook, of must set the Domain and the password. (see picture Image.bmp) The following function works very well when I am connected to the Domain h = MAPILogon (0, "MyProfile,"MyPass", MAPI_NEW_SESSION, 0L,&lhSession); But, why not, (some connected local), it is me impossible to establish the connected to MAPI. MAPILogon returns SUCCESS_SUCCESS but, a...

External Connecter Licence for Small Business CRM
Hi there I have a question about licencing in CRM. When you expose crm data to customers like on a web portal you then need to buy a external connector licence. But as far as i knew this licence is only avilable for mscrm professional licences. But our customer has a small business licence. Now my questions: 1.) Is exposing date to a web portal throug web services tecnical possible for crm professional and small busines? 2.) Is there a external connector licence for crm small business? Tanks and regards Thomas Hi Thomas, in the licensing documentation I received from Microsoft (around ...

What is the difference in Office Outlook and Outlook Express?
I have both on my pc. However I am having a problem accessing my Microsoft outlook. Basicially all I need to know is what is the difference in the 2 programs and which one to use for best results. -- Deby Outlook Express is part of the operating system sort of. Microsoft gives it to you so you can do email and newsgroups right out of the box so to speak. Outlook is part of the office suite that you buy. It has many more features than outlook express has. You set them up the same way, I mean, you have to set up the email account seperately, also the newsgroups, on each one. Outlook...

Is there a way to do snapshot without Enterprise?
We want to create a snapshot daily of our production db so we can point Crystal Reports to it instead of the prd db. It's big db(24GB and growing). 1. Tried looking at replication and appears to be overkill for what I want 2. Thinking I could restore to my test sql server every night but don't know if that will work 3. buy Enterprise just to get snapshot ability??? 4. any ideas would be appreciated -- Regards, Pat While snapshots are what is designed to do what you want, a nightly backup/restore will work too - just more work and resources. "PatM-Reno" <...

Unable to Connect to Server
I have just installed Office 2004 Student and teacher edition on Tiger, and I am unable to connect to the server to get any updates or use Entourage. I am connecting to the internet via my universities wireless service and I have set up the proxy settings in the network configure in Systen Preferences and i can browse the web fine using safari. Is there something similar I have to do in office itself? I have configured to HTTP proxy in messenger and that works fine. How do I get it to connect? Thanks for any assistance ...

ADC Tools Connection Agreement Wizzard
When running the above, I get the following error: "The organization o=WNYT EXCHANGE 2003 TEST is already installed into this forest but the configured 5.5 server is a member of organization o=WNYT. Please choose a 5.5 server in the correct Org." A bit of history: This is a Windows 2003 Domain running an Exchange 5.5 server on Windows 2000 platform. A few months ago, I installed an evaluation Exchange 2003 server and all went well. All forrest prep and domain prep went fine and the server ran for two months. As luck would have it, the hard drive failed on the Exchange 2003 Eval ser...

Attaching a 2003 Access data base to an email for use with Office
I was using Win XP with Office 2003 and have just installed Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail with Office 2007. I have two other sites which also are using Office 2003 and heretofore, we have had no problems emailing data bases back and forth. But now, Windows Live Mail won't permit our exchanging .mdb files as we have in the past. So, I was told that if we change the .mdb to ..txt we could email and get by Windows Live validation. That does get by the validation, but I am having the problem of changing the .txt data base to ..mdb and getting it to open in Access. Any sugge...

Cannot connect to two exchangr server simultaneously
At our office we have an exchange server, and on my home server I have an exchange server as well for my family mail. My home server is available remotely but... I cannot add that account to my profile. Outlook simply does not allow me to add it. How can I solve this? What 's the best way to have access to both servers? In article <OWLXPjNpEHA.2588@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, jan@van- veldhuizen.nl says... > At our office we have an exchange server, and on my home server I have an > exchange server as well for my family mail. > My home server is available remotely but... I ca...

Could not find Office 2007 Ultimate after downloading. Could't ins
Bought Office 2007 Ultimate from official looking Microsoft site. Shipped from Digital River. Clicked on download button, Then clicked on save file. When finished I cannot find the file in my C drive. It did say better to download on DVD drive but it never gave me the choice. It automatically downloaded to somewhere that I could not find. So far I cannot install the program. Help please. Thank you. And I suppose you did'nt pay extra for the DVD? Location of file depends on your o/s, assuming you didnt change the default location, eg Downloads or My Downloads And when the d...

Way to Specify Graphic Size before inserting in Publisher?
In Microsoft Word, when I want to insert a picture, I first insert a text box, about the size and place I want the picture to be in the document, then with the cursor in that text box, do the insert picture command. The picture ends up sized within the presized box, of course to its own aspect ratio. I format the text box without a border, no line. (Strange that it has to be a "text box", as there is no text in the box, but I don't know of any similar pre-sizable frame for pictures. If there is one, please let me know.) (Or any other suggestions for specifying at least the approx...

Unable to send mail when VPN established with my office
When I am connected to my office via a VPN connection and I try to send a message from Windows Live Mail through my personal mail account, I get a "Relaying not allowed" error message. I know that the problem is being caused by my mail client (WLM) trying to send my message out via our Exchange Server at my office which will not relay messages to another SMTP server. I experienced this problem with Outlook Express and then later with Windows Mail but I was able to resolve it by going to Tools | Accounts and then in the Properties of my personal mail account, selecting t...

Tag Heuer 2000 Exclusive Mens Watch CN1111.BA0337, Best Wristwatch World
Tag Heuer 2000 Exclusive Mens Watch CN1111.BA0337, Best Wristwatch World Click Here To Website : http://www.watchebay.net/Tag-Heuer-2000-Exclusive-Mens-Watch-CN1111.BA0337.html Wristwatch World: http://www.watchebay.net/ Tag Heuer 2000 Exclusive Mens Watch CN1111.BA0337 Information : Brand : TAG Heuer Watches ( http://www.watchebay.net/TAG-Heuer-Watches.html ) Gender : Mens Code : Tag-Heuer-CN1111.BA0337 Also Called : CN1111.BA0337, CN1111-BA0337, CN1111/BA0337, CN1111BA0337, CN1111 Case Material : Stainless Steel Case Thickness : 40mm Dial Co...