Benifits of tracking number on email subject line

According to the Techknowledge article
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/techknowledge.aspx
turning off the tracking number results in the loss of
the Microsoft CRM system's ability to automatically track
incoming e-mail.

Can someone please explain which trcking functionality
are we loosing here ? What are the other benifits of
having the tracking number ?

Thanks.

0
Arch
6/11/2004 4:13:53 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sorry, I didn't give the right link.

http://mbs.microsoft.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?
id=34747&target=PS

Document ID: 34747

0
Arch

adding disclaimer to outbound email
We are using outlook 2003/exchange2003/w2003 server and need to add a disclaimer to all outbound emails. we tried the suggestion in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;317327 to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Trez Blencowe http://www.exclaimer.com/US/Home.htm -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "trez@trezonline.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:055701c4abf6$e7038a90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > We are using outlook 2003/exchange2003/w2003 server a...

LoadImages fails after X number of loads on same images
A little background can be found in the link below on what i'm doing. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=loadimage+fails&dg=microsoft.public.vc.mfc&cat=en_US_f0847235-3112-4b9a-8717-b82f7898eeea&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us My problem is that after say 20 trys(It's triggered by a button press), Loadimage has a valid path for a image but it fails to load it. It also varies. Sometime it will fail every time after that and sometimes it will work on the next iteration. Here i...

Assigning Muliple Email addresses to the same user
Hi I am still new to exchange and would appreciate any help. We currently have a single domain set up and a single exchange 2003 server. Our client has many public faces and some users have 2-3 email addresses each from a different domain. Example: Johns@company1.com.au Johns@Company2.com.au Currently these mail domains are hosted externally and We would like to incorporate them in our exchange invornment. Is it possible to assign a user multiple address from different domains. If how should I go about it. Thanks you for your consideration. Tom Hosting Multiple domains look at ...

cannot send email 06-28-10
just installed windows live and get following error message when trying to send an email: The connection to the server has failed. Subject '1985 Class C Motor Home - $4500 (Loveland)', Account: 'gmail.com', Server: 'gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Windows Live Mail Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.des...

Opening up a Word doc; Retrieving Outlook Email Messages
I want to open up a microsoft word document, however when I choose "file" "open" it only opens up a grey word doc without the text showing up in the doc, even though I have plenty of disc space, and tried "system restore", also tried a "full-system scan" and no viruses were found. A message dialogue box use to pop up when I tried to open the doc which said: "Check the file permissions for the document drive" - how do I do that? It also said: "Make sure there is sufficient free memory" How? and lastly it said: "Open the ...

highlighting the Largest Number
I have a column of numbers that are summed from other cells. I want t flag or highlight somehow the largest number in that column, how can do that? Thank rowed ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message382462.htm Select all numbers, do format>conditional formatting cell value is equal to =MAX($A$2:$D$50) click format button and select patterns replace A2:D50 with your range -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "r...

file download problem from paf file in email, plus missing system.ini
hi, if alan edwards is out there anyplace please contact me for help. this is jennifer. shortly after you helped me last, my computer crashed completely. in leaving my email address posted under the discussion board, i got swen from letting my daughter use the computer while away. i had to carry it to the man who made the system(i am disabled), and he had to reload it all, and lost most everything, including your address. i am trying to either re-download a paf file which is a big geneology file, or open the copy on here under my documents. somehow, it still shows under my documents, but...

Email report that is filtered to one record
I have a database that has three different forms. To navigate from one form to the other and keep the same record, I have an [Event Procedure] set up. Additionally, to print the report for the one recored, I have another [Event Procedure] that filters the report to the record that is displayed. The procedure is as follows: Private Sub printallpages_Click() If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else str...

random number #3
using betadist and normdist only referencesa value from the distribution how do you create a random variable that comes from these distributions instead of rand which is uniform "agw8@kent.ac.uk" wrote: > using betadist and normdist only referencesa value from the distribution > how do you create a random variable that comes from these distributions > instead of rand which is uniform You need to have installed the Analysis Tool Pack, Tools, Add-Ins Click the Analysis Tool Pack CheckBox. The choose, Tools, Data Analysis, And select the Generate Randon Numbers. To crea...

How can I count the number of cells in a range, having a constant.
How can I use COUNTIF using cell value and format as criteria? COUNTIF looks only at the values in the cells; the format is not relevant. If you are counting the occurrences of the number 65, for example, it doesn't matter what the font is, or whether it's bold or italic, or what the color of the font or cell is. On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:40:01 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I use COUNTIF using cell value and format as criteria? You'll need a helper column to "break-out" the return of the CELL() function. Then count wha...

Page numbering
I have a workbook that has three tabs. I update the workbook throughout the month, adding the previous day's data, analysis, and comments to what is already there. I print the entire workbook each day and distribute hard copies throughout the organization. I need to have all of the pages distributed daily sequentially numbered. The first day, each tab will generate one page, so the page numbers will be 1, 2, and 3. But each tab grows dynamically throughout the month so that in the middle of the month, tab one may generate the first five pages, the second tab may generate the ne...

How can I figure square footage for 2 or 3 numbers in a row?
I need to figure square footage of 2 dimensions, height, width, , leaving out a thrid number in the same cell, then multiply by a separate number. Any way to do that? Post a sample of your dimensions. You might be able to do that with LEFT(), MID() and RIGHT()...? A looong shot guess would be something like this: =LEFT(F1,1)*MID(F1,3,1)*H1 Where your 3 numbers in F1 are 2x5x10, and H1 has the number 8, which you want to multiply by. Returns 80. Falls apart with two-digit dimensions or a combo of one and two! HTH Regards, Howard "Sandi" <Sandi@disc...

2003 PF email enable
Hi I have a SBS2003 with exchange running in Native mode and exchange SP2, if i create a public folder in outlook 2003 and then go to the server in esm and right click the new public folder i do not get the task option to "email enable". Has this been turned off by a previous manager or is it turned off by SP2 any asistance would be great When you right-click, are you looking under All Tasks first? The mail-enable option is under that option. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Paul" <Paul@discussi...

where can i get the Template Wizard with Data Tracking add in for.
i previously used exel 97 where i had a Template Wizard with Data Tracking add in that i used for keeping track of invoices. i am now using exel 2003 and i cannot find the add in nor can i figure out how to set up the data tracking for my new invoice template. can anyone tell me where i can find the add in or if there is a different feature of exel 2003 that will allow me to do the same thing? This link should help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873209 -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Grou...

happy face symbol in emails
How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, rather than doing it this way? :-) Try typing :) -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "newfinserv" wrote: > How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, > rather than doing it this way? :-) newfinserv wrote: > How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, > rather than doing it ...

week numbers
Hi, In MS CRM you have week numbers which aren't equal to the ones we use in the Netherlands. CRM says that 1 januari is week 1, but that isn't correct for us. For us is the first week of the year where we have 4 days in januari. How could I change this? Microsoft Outlook does it correct. thanks in advance, Hi, We had the same problem and found the following solution! Make a backup of the [CRM-Directory]\_controls\datetime\date.js in and then open it and replace the getWeekNumber function with the following code: function getWeekNumber( oDate ) { var oSiebterJanuar = new...

Where do I find lost email messages in Outlook?
I use Outlook 2003 for email. Suddenly today all of my "Sent" messages in folders have disappeared. Can anyone help by advising me how I can retrieve them please? Are you using a view that hides read messages? Are you using AutoArchive? Do you have more than 1 pst? Switch to the folder list view (Ctrl+6) to check for more sent folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EM...

blocking email #3
is there any way to block a specific email address from sending to me? Hi rebecca, you cant block, but you could delete it by creating rules. -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "rebecca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5fef01c474ce$64431760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > is there any way to block a specific email address from > sending to me? > rebecca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there any way to...

Arrows and Lines from the Drawing Toolbar disappear after use
I'm using arrows from the Drawing toolbar. I draw an arrow on the spreadsheet and it shows up perfectly. When I move away from the arrow to do something elsewhere in the spreadsheet the arrow disappears, i.e. the color won't hold, but the arrow line is still there when you click on it. I need it to show up all the time. Any help will be appreciated. ...

Cannot forward an email from a newsgroup in Outlook Express...
I use Outlook express as my news viewer. We use Outlook in our company as our default mail client - so Outlook is configured as my default mail app.. I want to forward an email from one of the news groups to a co-worker but when I click on forward in Outlook Express, the following error is displayed... "You don't have a simple MAPI compatible mailer installed. Micorosoft Outlook Express News cannot mail this message without a compatible mailer." Why can't it use Outlook (general) to do this? What do I need to do in order to be able to forward? I can "reply to gro...

Storing emails on Hard drive makes folder list VERY SLOW
Whe I save e.g. 50 emails in a folder opening that folder becomes very very slow Steven <dezinemail@pi.be> wrote: > Whe I save e.g. 50 emails in a folder opening that folder > becomes very very slow Why would you store individual messages in a Windows folder? -- Brian Tillman ...

Certain subject lines are rejected. How can I fix this?

Email to Queue not working correctly?!
Here are the steps we have taken to make email - to - queue work, yet is has not: 1) created a new user in AD which will be the public email for our users, namely: AALSupport@CRM.local 2) Ensured an email box was created for this new acct. 3) Created a 3rd Acct which will be the forwarded to acct: CRMMBX@CRM.local 4) Configured properties to include the mailbox rights for SELF were a) Read b) Full Mailbox Access c) Associated Ext. Acct. 5) Added the two new users to the CRM. 6) Ran the Rule Deployment Wizard and typed in "CRMMBX@CRM.local" in the box. ...

How to prevent word wrap on a cell before line is filled
I have tried to find a solution to this, but have been unable to correct it. Using Excel 2003, I have my rows set up for word wrap. When I enter text into a cell (formatted as General), the row width will update automatically if the cell wraps. This is how I want it. The problem is that the row wraps before I have reached the end of the cell being edited. I can understand that there may be some sort of margin in place somewhere (although I cannot find any settings for this), but there are still at least 3/4 characters that can still be entered into the cell before I would consider it f...

Email bounce between 2003 and Exchange
I am running on IIS6 on a Windows 2003 Web Edition Server. We also have an Exchange Server 2000 running on W2K Server. I thought I was using CDOSYS, but now I am thinking I am not. We have a site using asp that does not seem to have the problem I am now experiencing. They are using CDOSYS. On my site, which is asp.net we are doing something like: Imports System.Web.Mail Dim Message As New MailMessage() message.To = SendTo message.From = SentFrom message.Subject = subject message.Body = strInput if attachment <> "" then message.Attachments.Add(New Mail...