Benefits of Using MS-Exchange with MS-CRM

- What are the major benefits of using MS-Exchange with MS-CRM.
- To make MS-Exchange speak to my MS-CRM, what all softwares do I need to install ?
- For leads which are part of MS-CRM, will incoming emails automatically get associated with them ?
- Incoming eMails which don't have any leads associated to them, what happens ?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The greatest benefit, I think, is that by integrating the
two with the Exchange email Router, you can (optionally)
have CRM-related emails automatically converted to
activities in the CRM system and that the
emails/activities can be associated with existing Sales
Opportunities, Cases, Customers, etc.  THis way you can
easily recount what communication has transpired
regarding a given order, issue, etc.

For the integration to be completed, you need to install
the MSCRM Exchange Email Router on the same server as
Exchange.

Yes, incoming emails can be automatically associated with
leads assuming that the incoming email is a reply to a
message sent out from CRM and already associated to a
lead.

If it is not part of an ongoing thread, you can establish
a relationship to an Account, Contact, Opportunity or
another record type by using the Regarding field.

Rafael Gomez
TurnkeyCRM
www.turnkeycrm.com

0
Rafael

Exchange 2000, forwarding-only addresses, and licensing
I have a domain example.com in an Exchange 2000/AD environment. For some users in example.com I want to forward their mail to an SMTP mail server. These users will NOT have any mail stored on the Exchange 2000 server. My question: How can I forward their mail without paying for a license for them? Also, with Exchange 5.5 I could setup a custom recipient without creating a mailbox. Can I do that with Exchange 2000? I suppose I can just create a Contact address in AD? I am just looking for the best way to do this. An alternative I suppose is to create a mailbox, setup a forwarding address, and...

1 Exchange 2003 Multiple SMTP Domains
I have 1 2003 AD with 1 Exchange 2003 server. We currently receive mail at servername XYZ for email addrsses ABC.com We are about to buy another company and would like to receive mail for this new email address @NEW.com at this same server. I understand that we have to create the MX and A record for them at our ISP. Do something with the receptent policy, and the new email address for this users. All users will be logging into the same AD Domain. What happens when they send a email. Wouldn't the header record from the email they send say that it came from Server XYZ or ABC.c...

Installing & Using CRM without Exchange Server
My company is looking into using CRM without Microsoft Exchange for the time being. Can CRM work with POP/Smtp mail hosted by our ISP? Can you still send mail out thru CRM? Can you still promote emails into CRM? What functions do you loose when you don't have Exchange. Is anyone using CRM without Exchange and have an Positive experience. Any Feedback is good. Thanks! CRM will only send and receive email through the CRM Exchange connector which as its name suggests only works on Exchange 2000 "atl" <atloak357@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ug7l2bafDHA.2320@T...

How do I allow users in a trusted domain (not in our forrest) access to our exchange 2003 server?
Hello all. We are 2 companies sharing the same office space (and the same ip network). We (Company 1) have an Exchange 2003 server just set up (the old 5.5 is still being used though), although it is not rolled out yet. Company 2 have Internet mail for their employees, that is, their mail is NOT handled on our server, but on an ISP's server. The thing is, as we share offices, we also share resources and phones, and so the users have mailboxes on our 5.5 server solely for the purpose of having Calendar functions available to both them and us (free-busy information and so on). Our domains a...

Prep before upgrade to Exchange 03
I want to do a flat back up my existing exchange server before I go through with the upgrade tomorrow. I know to turn the Exchange services off however I would like to do the back up with minimum services running. Besides my Back up services what other services must be left on to keep the server running during the flat back up of Exchange? Hello, Thank you for your posting here! I suggest you use the NTBackup tool to back up the Exchange server, which is a built-in feature in Windows server. You don't need to stop any Exchange services when you perform the backup process. If you are...

Scheduling via MS Outlook/Exchange from POS
I'm hoping to find a way to use a custom button to call up a new appointment in Outlook. I want to create resources in Exchange that represent my delivery trucks and then schedule the delivery trucks from POS. Anyone? Thanks, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. Hi Tom If you add a reference to the Microsoft Outlook library in your project you should be able to write some code to this. Setting this to be triggered by a custom button would be exactly the same procedure as what you are doing using the Al...

See this pack from the MS Corporation
--krhaduvuidqgil Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xwnxddtqeepvjcls"; type="multipart/alternative" --xwnxddtqeepvjcls Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xzwkdbtdforpjl" --xzwkdbtdforpjl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. In...

Exchange user logins
in exchange system manager under your server name the the logons shows who last logged onto that mailbox. I was wondering is there a way to tell what that user logged into to..i.e calander, inbox etc. We have some users that to make sure other users can only view certain item. I also would like to know for future reference. Also is there a way in outlook to not to show what what is on another users calaendar other then they are assigned to something else. What I mean is my ceo whats other to see what times he is tied up but not to show what appointments he has. when you move the mouse o...

Exchange 2003 + third party MDaemon server supporting same domain
Hi guys, I came to ask for an advice. I have one domain.com on my exchange 2003 server with 60 users. Then I have third party e-mail server with 500 users on it. My task is make Exchange 2003 & Mdaemon (thrd prty server) support 1 domain.com. User databases are separate of cause. I do not want to use aliases or anything of that sort to redirect traffic from one server to another because the amount of users is big and make aliases for them would be very time consuming. In this setup exchange & third party are both hosted in my corporate network. How would I properly configure Exch...

How do I setup Windows Desktop Search to find Emails on 2003 Exchange server?
Hello, I use Outlook 2003 Exchange Server. I can't get Windows Desktop Search to find emails. I've downloaded an add-in to index .msg files, but I still don't find messages in my inbox. What do I need to do? Seems like it shouldn't be this hard! Maybe its just me. Thank you, Craig S are you using cached mode with exchange? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-requ...

Format for Flashcards for MS Word & PPS 2003
Can anyone help me in sending me a Flashcard template so as to learn Chinese Characters, Pinyin, English. Compatible with MS Word 2003 & Power Point 2003. Any Tips or Ticks or general Knowledge in this area to improve learning through Flash Cards is more than Welcome. ...

Exchange standby
I have a full AD environment I was wondering rather then a cluster (which is not neccessary) can I just install a copy of Exchange 2000 on another box and not load the mailbox store and in the event that my Exchange box expirences hardware failure I can just rebuild from backups? Now will have a standby exchange will this give me issues on mail handling i.e. will the two install fight for whos handing mail? Does this even make sense? Parts of it sound like the logical thing to do, but it won't work. Some have a standby server that uses same hardware as production server. In case of...

using Views on forms
Hello there I'm using access 2003 ADP I have form which is bound to view on sql server so i can make update the data on the tables in sql server The view has where condition, and if i change data which is not part of criteria i'm getting an error: The Data was added to the dtabase but the data won't be displayed in the form because it doesn't satisfy the criteria in the..... Can detect this error and when it happen refresh the criteria so it will fit to new data? ...

Using multiple cells as search pattern.
Hi, I'm using excel for an analysis of a communications protocol, and I would like to search for a pattern where two (or more) adjacent cells match some pattern. Say I want to look for the pattern 10|11 (i.e. 10 in cell1, 11 in the next cell in the column) - can that be done ? Regards Bo Rasmussen Bo, If your packets/blocks/whatever have been put into rows, and you're looking down two columns for this pattern, use Data - Advanced Filter. Or if you're using VLOOKUP, looking with multiple-field criteria can't be done directly. BUt you can "build" criteria by con...

Outlook Contacts and CRM 3.0
I have contacts in outlook that have been designated to be tracked tracked in CRM 3.0. The contact got deleted from CRM and is still in outlook. When I push the "View in CRM" button, I get the record does not exist or I do not have sufficient priviledges. I do have all priviledges, and I know the item does not exist in CRM. So how do I get the "View in CRM" button to go away and become a "Track in CRM" button. The contact will show as 'Track in CRM' the next time the Outlook Synchronization occurs. If you don't have this setup to run automa...

Update an database using ASP .Net
I'm developing an app using ASP .Net 3.5 for the frontend and and Access database for the backend. Using the Query Builder I've developed a command query that updates fields in a table of the database. I'd like for users to enter data in a text box on a web page, click the update button have the command query run. Any suggestion on how this can be done? -- Tony Add a dataset to your asp project In the dataset add tables with table adapters now in your form add a command button in your command button do something like this ( written in notepad ) ...

from exchange machine i cant telnet to 25
all machine on customer lan are connecting to exchange server to post mail. when logged into the exchange server i launch cmd prompt and "telnet 192.168.0.10 25" and cant connect to smtp service (i.e from machine that host SMTP so network routing not involved) - netstat -na shows me port 25 is listening - simple mail transfer protocol is running as a service - sending mail via outlook on this server works and also show me a log on my exchange server that it coming from this servers public ip - default smtp virtual server, outbound security set at ANON. - default smtp virtua...

crm 3.0 / install / application error reporting installation failed
I am currently re-installing crm 3.0 on a second development server , still windows 2003 but the small business edition this time. I get stuck during the initial setup phase when the installer tries to install components : the application error reporting installer reports a failure: Component: Microsoft application error reporting Status: missing Message: Minimum version required is 11.0.5510 I also tried installing the msi file directly from the command line, the one located in cd1\dw\watson.msi -> same result, nothing appears except the event entry below: event informatio...

sharing records to teams using workflow
hello, v 4.0: I want to share a record with a team depending on a value entered into one of that records attributes. Can I do this via Workflow. If not, any suggestions how this could be done. thanks. -- regards, Mark Yes, but you would need to write a custom activity that would take the team and record as input (or could use the record the workflow is executing on to make it more generic). The custom activity would have to do the actual sharing. Michael "Mark Gullick" wrote: > hello, > > v 4.0: I want to share a record with a team depending on a value entered...

Using different format depending on screen
greetings I have an access db that I use at home on a PC with a large screen and on the road using a laptop. In each of my many forms, the Form_Open event has a line like... DoCmd.MoveSize 150, 6000, 6750, 4770 that works well for the screen in question. I use one set of numbers on my PC and another set on the laptop. I'd like the program to somehow recognize which computer I'm using so that I can use If...Else If... to set the correct values for each machine. I'm really not sure how to do this. Any clues would be appreciated. -- Thanks Sophie "Sophie" <...

CRM 4.0 BUG
Hi, CRM 4.0 open's a window "Blank" in each record or opening spot and asks me if I want to open or save the file? Has anybody knowledge of this bug? Thanks Bernard We had this issue. After talking with MS support, we were told this....... From MS.... "we are seeing this issue after IE update 953838 has been installed on a machine. We are still looking into this, but we have a workaround of adding content to the blank.aspx page. Please follow the steps and update the case with the results." As a temporary workaround, please edit the blank.aspx file so it contai...

CRM Over Windows 2003 64 Bits Itanium
Hi! I install CRM 1.2 on windows server 2003 64 bit itanium, the first problem was :net framework 1.1, but I Install :net framework 2.0 64 bits and is Ok but when i type the URL http://crm a text box requires autentication i type the correct user and password but later an Erro 404 Page not found appears What is the problem, Note IIS is already configured There has yet to be any official support for 64-bit platforms. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:08:02 -0700, "Juan Hernandez&qu...

Cannot add new user to exchange 5.5
have 2 exchange 5.5 servers on two different sites in the same organization that had service pac applied. on exchange server 1 the service pac 4 was applied and everything worked fine. week later exchange server 2 had service pac 4 applied which resulted in not being able to add mailboxes on either. the error that comes up - "An error occured while processing an e-mail address..... ID no:c1030b35" The service pacs have been reapplied on both and has not change anything There are actually multiple causes to this problem, so I am posting a few different articles t...

Users from child business unit is having trouble accessing the crm
hi Users from child business unit are having trouble accessing the sales module for web application. The error is : Error has occured. please contact system administrator. However the same user when placed on the parent BU doesnot have any trouble. Please note that a custom security role was created for the users at the parent BU and by default this security role is created for the child BUs. Now this security role i assigned to the user. and they are having the trouble accessing the application sales module and customer service module. please help. thanks Have you tried giving the...

using range names in validation
Would like to do validation and use a list that is referenced by a named range. Any way to do this? My main objective is to have validation expand and contract based on the changing list, so if there is another, better way of doing this, that's fine, too. "boris", Go here http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic then here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Rgds, Andy Hi Aladin. > =Sheet1!$A$2:INDEX(MATCH(REPT("z",255),Sheet1!$A:$A)) I tried this and got "too few arguments". I wouldn't know where to start deciphering it,...