BCM to CRM Migration Error

I am getting an unexpected error, trying to migrate Business Contact Manger
to CRM 3.0. Here is the log. Can anyone help?

8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome
screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen.
8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM
Arteco_Vision_Systems_MSCRM
8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack
is installed: Success
8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success
8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Checking existence of EntityIdMap table in CDF
database: Success
8/24/2007 9:56:14 AM------>Getting Microsoft CRM business unit: Success
8/24/2007 9:56:14 AM------>Checking administrative privileges.  Success.
8/24/2007 9:56:15 AM------>Checking Microsoft CRM user rights.
8/24/2007 9:56:16 AM------>Checking prerequisites: Success
8/24/2007 9:56:16 AM------>Transitioning to next screen. From:
PreconditionCheck screen. To: BCMSourceSelection screen.
8/24/2007 9:56:37 AM------>Verifying Outlook with Business Contact Manager
source: Success
8/24/2007 9:56:37 AM------>Transitioning to next screen. From:
BCMSourceSelection screen. To: UserMapping screen.
8/24/2007 9:56:37 AM------>Loading users from Microsoft CRM
8/24/2007 9:56:49 AM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: UserMapping
screen. To: TerritoryMapping screen.
8/24/2007 9:56:49 AM------>Loading territories from Microsoft CRM
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>Transitioning to next screen. From:
TerritoryMapping screen. To: ConfigurationSummary screen.
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>Selected mapping for users and territories
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>The following territories will be mapped to
Microsoft CRM territories:
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>* North to North
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>* Southwest to Southwest
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>* Northeast to East Coast
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>* Southeast to East Coast
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>* Northwest to Northwest
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>* South to South
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>* West to West
8/24/2007 9:56:53 AM------>* East to East Coast
8/24/2007 9:57:01 AM------>Transitioning to next screen. From:
ConfigurationSummary screen. To: ConfigureCRM screen.
8/24/2007 9:57:01 AM------>Initializing CDF database...
8/24/2007 9:57:09 AM------>Resolving Outlook with Business Contact Manager
configuration IDs to Microsoft CRM
8/24/2007 9:57:09 AM------>Reading transactional data...
8/24/2007 9:57:20 AM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: Account
8/24/2007 10:00:49 AM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: Contact
8/24/2007 10:00:49 AM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: Opportunity
8/24/2007 10:00:49 AM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: ActivityTask
8/24/2007 10:00:49 AM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: OpportunityProduct
8/24/2007 10:00:49 AM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: BusinessNote
8/24/2007 10:00:49 AM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: Document
8/24/2007 10:00:49 AM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: ActivityPhone
8/24/2007 10:00:49 AM------>System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid
length parameter passed to the SUBSTRING function.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillLoadDataRowChunk(SchemaMapping
mapping, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromReader(Object data, String
srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords,
DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String
srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.BCMMigration.Components.BCMReader.ExecuteQuery(Request
objectRequest)
8/24/2007 10:00:49 AM------>Application Terminated: Unable to read data from
Outlook with Business Contact Manager.

0
Marshall (17)
8/31/2007 4:54:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

send/receive error message
I kept getting a pop up box about email tasks not completed even when Outlook wasn't open. I clicked on something to make it go away (don't remember what it was exactly - I was in the middle of a project and this notice was very distracting). Now when the Inbox in open and I click on Send/Receive, I get an error message box that reads "The Operation Failed". I'm still getting mail, but only when it is scheduled to be scanned for incoming items. How can I restore the ability to check for incoming mail at will? What is the exact error message and what version of...

Data Migration manager setup fails.
I'm trying to instaal DMM on an XP machine. Everything goes fine until the installation is stopped. The message in my logfiles is: EVENT-Id:17188 MSCRMPERFCOUNTER. Sorry the rest is in Dutcht: Kan beschrijving voor gebeurtenis-ID (17188) in bron (MSCRMPerfCounters) niet vinden. De lokale computer beschikt wellicht niet over de benodigde registergegevens of DLL-berichtbestanden om berichten van een externe computer te kunnen weergeven. U kunt mogelijk de schakeloptie /AUXSOURCE= gebruiken om deze beschrijving op te halen, zie Help en ondersteuning voor details. De volgende gegevens z...

How do I correct the (0X800CCCF4) error in Outlook 2003
I use Outlook 2003 as my email program. When trying to download messages from my Hotmail Plus account I recieve the following error message continiously -"Task Hotmail: folder: Inbox:Downloading all items.'reported error (0X800CCCF4): An unknown error has occured.'" ...

CRM Live Connector for GP
Is it possible to use the CRM connector to GP with CRM Live? The Outlook client works fine but what about GP? If so, is it 2 way and what are the connections ...

Option group & paramater error
I have a form that I wish to use an option group to filter a field on the sub-form. I have input the following code: Private Sub fraStatus_AfterUpdate() If Me.fraStatus.Value = 2 Then Me.Filter = "Status = Closed" Me.FilterOn = True ElseIf Me.fraStatus.Value = 1 Then Me.Filter = "Status = Open" Me.FilterOn = True Else Me.FilterOn = False End If End Sub I have also placed the following code in the subform: Private Sub Form_ApplyFilter(Cancel As Integer, ApplyType As Integer) If ApplyType = acShowAllRecords Then Me.fraStatus.Value = 3 'Show all...

problem installing the windows vista security error code 80070020
it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to do help plz You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat > to > do help plz dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to > do help plz Is the keyboard not functioning properly ? Please see: How to ask a question h...

mso.dll error and crash in Outlook 2002
Using Outlook 2002, i get repeated crashes of the program with the following error report ModName: mso.dll...can anyone please help with a solution. Regards AAS ...

Error C2143
I'm getting three errors when I try to build a simple class of default data values. I can't find anything wrong. It seems to be happening whenever I have edited some resource in the form wizard. Like deleting a button or an icon. HELLPPPP!!! // DefaultData.h: interface for the DefaultData class. // ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #if !defined(AFX_DEFAULTDATA_H__7BBB05E0_2E61_11D9_811C_000C41E9C262__INCLUDED_) #define AFX_DEFAULTDATA_H__7BBB05E0_2E61_11D9_811C_000C41E9C262__INCLUDED_ #if _MSC_VER > 1000 #pragma once #endif class DefaultD...

CRM on a DC ?
Is it accurate that MS does NOT support CRM on a domain controller other than SBS ? Thanks Jon Epstein MCSE/MSCA InfoVision, Inc. Charlotte, NC, USA That is correct. It will work, but you can hit some support issues. With v1.2 there were also some isolated instances where it didn't work right in an established domain when installed on the DC. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "InfoVision" <infovision1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135094163.922375.9580@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... Is it accurate that MS does NOT support CRM on a domain controller other than...

Creating additional panes of data in CRM 1.2
When we select a Contact, I want to be able to bring up both the History and Activities associated with the contact. I'd like to create a 'window pane' on the right side and the bottom that displays this information - the question is can I do this without having to create a completely new ASP form? Thanks! David David, what you want is not currently possible with the out-of-the-box CRM. You have two options, build it yourself using the SDK, or purchase the functionality from an ISV that has already built it (www.salentica.com , www.c360.com). Dave <anonymous@discuss...

Outlook has caused an error in OUTLLIB.DLL
I cannot reply to emails in OutLook 2000 without the following pop up 'Outlook has caused an error in OUTLLIB.DLL' then Outlook 2000 shuts down, I have tried erasing the software then reloading and I have reloaded win ME and still the same problem, I have come across others with same problem and they ended up trashing their PC because their does not seem to be answer for this problem anywhere on the net. I have erased all my contacts Erased all emails and info Reloaded software Reloaded win operating software Contacted techs who have no clue for it Any ideas anyone? Try renam...

Getting 'Purchase Order Failure' error #2
I am getting the following error when trying to transfer a final-approved purchase request into a PO in Microsoft Business Portal Requisition Management System: Purchase Order Failure One or more business logic errors have occured. Please correct the errors to continue. Message The enum Microsoft.Dynamics.Payables.FreeOnBoard does not contain the value 0. Parameter name: FreeOnBoard Actual value was 0. ************************************** The message "The enum Microsoft..." appears 3 times in the dialogue. I am trying to transfer 4 line items. Has anyone ever gotten these...

Solved!! .Net Framework 3.5 Error in WinXP
Solved!! .Net Framework 3.5 Error in WinXP the solution is just install this hotfix (its actually a hotfix for .msi installer - but it solves the problem anyhow !!!) ---> WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe <--- Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable which can be found here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer i was experiencing the same trouble trying to update my Windows Xp Pro SP3 (this works for SP2 also as far as i know) which gave me all kinds of errors and didnt allow to ...

Outlook error message 03-10-10
Outlook 2007 error messages sending and receiving mail: (0x8007000E): Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. Nothing else is open or running. I have restarted, but still cannot send or receive messages in Outlook. Please help! Do a google search on: "0x8007000E" (quotes excluded) - no shortage of results identifying possible causes and solutions that worked for different people. Not a "one size fits all" answer to the problem. One of many starting points: http://office-outlook.com/outlook-forum/index.php/m...

Date errors upgrading
I just transfered data from an older version of Microsoft money to the new version that came loaded on my new computer. All my entries for the years 2000-2003 transfered as 1900, 1901, 1902, and 1903. Therefore all deposits, checks, etc. show way out of sequence. Is there any "quick" fix methods to change these dates. I really don't want to waste DAYS literally changing every date for those 4 years of entries. Thanks Cindy What are the old/new versions involved? This seems very odd and has never been reported before--it seems likely that this would have been if it wer...

Error message in subform
This is part of a previous post which I'd like to start a new thread as I fixed half of the problem in the first. I have a form that has a subform, subform1. The subform1 is based on a qry which is based on two tables tblbusiness and tblindividual. On subform1 is a tabcontrol and on one of the tabs is another subform based on a table called tblidcards. I have linked the tabcontrol subform in datasheet format to the subform1 on the primary key, called ID, of the table tblindividual. However when I try to input anything into the subform on the tabcontrol I get an error message The Li...

BCM 2010
Hi, I have serious problem with my BCM 2010 database. I have a BCM 2010 database instaled on one domain user profile (local database without any share). I change a domail and.... forgot to do backup... (I know, I know - idiot) I have 2 database files recovered from old user profile i I don't know what to do with them to mount this datadabe in new profile. I put them into new profile in the same place but I can't see them from BCM database menu or SQL. Anybody know how to mount this database in new user profile? Jack Why wouldn't you ask this in the BCM g...

When to migrate to SQL server
How many records are too many for Access DB and would make it advisible to move to SQL? On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:08:01 -0800, Pastor Del <PastorDel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How many records are too many for Access DB and would make it advisible to >move to SQL? There's no hard and fast rule. Access has no specific record number limit; the entire size of a database cannot exceed 2GByte, so if you're pushing that, it's time to move. It's more often going to be issues of security, network architecture, hot backups, etc. that drive the decision. ...

Logon issues with CRM services
Greetings everyone! Currently all of the CRM services are running under the domain admin account. About once a day, CRM will not open, and I'll have to go into the MMC, re-enter the domain admin's password to give the accout logon rights for the service, and restart the service for CRM to be accessible again. This is a serious pain since it happens about once a day. Does anyone know why this occurs and how I can fix it? Michael Losapio Support/Developer TwinEngines, Inc. ...

Error Outlook 2000 #2
Expensive gentlemen,=20 I come for this way to request support mainly technician=20 due to a set of errors that have come to occur, with=20 programs of the Office, nominated the Microsoft Outlook=20 2000 and Microsoft Word 2000. Error in the Microsoft Outlook 2000:=20 The Error for the Microsoft Outlook 2000: 1.=BA - Always=20 that I open Outlook 2000, the message appears immediately=20 the following message: Error Outlook.exe has generated and=20 will beand will be closed by Windows. You will need you=20 restart the program. Error An log is being created.=20 Computer:=20 LapTop Marca:Comp...

Incompatible Error upgrading to 2005
I have MS Money 2002 (not sure what region it is - anyway to find out??) - it says MS 2002 Deluxe V10.0. I have just bought MS 2005 Intl (which i presume is International) purchased in New Zealand. I am getting the incompatible error which i guess is version/region related. Is there any tool to convert the versions?? Or do i have to very painfully, export every account (re-activate closed accounts to export these ones), and then reload into the new version? When i import them in, do they keep all the account details per account, eg name, number, interest rates etc?? is there a way ...

CRM in outlook dissappear
CRM 1.2 outlook2003 One of my users got the problem today. No CRM tool bar in outlook. The CRM structure in the Folder List is still there. but no web page shows when clicked. He can still http://crmsvr to see CRM web pages in IE. How to solve the problem? Tranks in advance. We have this happen constantly... still haven't figured out why - -maybe palm??? improper shutdown?? oh well... the fix: From Outlook main manu, go to Help, About MS Outlook, Disabled items. If the addin shows up, enable it. Then, from Outlook main menu, go to Tools, Options, Other tab, Advanced Option...

RRAS error 127 on SBS 2003 R2
RRAS won't start - SBS 2003 R2 fully patched. Very little information available via Google on this problem. Already looked at KB 840686 and did what it asked and the problem still exists. Here's the exact text of the event log msg: The currently configured authentication provider failed to load and initialize successfully. The specified procedure could not be found. followed by this: The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 127 (0x7F). The Hardware is Dell. Single Broadcom NIC. External FW/Router connects to the internet. N...

CRM 4.0 System Views
Hello, I'm trying to find the system views such as "active contacts" or "No Orders - Last 6 Months" in the database from CRM. It must be either views or filters... but they must be somewhere in the database. I have no clue where it is and can't find it. Could anyone please give me a little hint? Greets Falko Check the Table "savedquery" ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

VB6 Error Handing while updating MS database table
I am trying to update data base emp.mdb. I have a form which has 3 text boxs, txt_name, txt_age, txt_address and command button cmd_updatetogrid. I have MSHFlexigrid. When i press cmd_updatetogrid it updates the grid. So that i can keep on adding the records in the grid. Now i have one command button cmd_save. when i click on this button it adds all the records in the database emp.mdb. Now my problem is If i have two records in the grid. If the the record size of the grid (2nd row) is more than as defined in the database. then the error is fired. But the first row is updated. ...