I managed to create an autonumber in Microsoft CRM. I did this by
making a field "Number"(in the database "New_Number") and I published
it on the form.
Then I went To the SQL server and I changed the field in the table to
Identity Yes, Identity seed 1, Identity Increment 1.
I locked the field on the form.
It worked!
I think that this is not supported by Microsoft. But has anybody got
any idea which troubles i could get with this configuration?

San

________________________________
Do you know all add-ons for Microsoft CRM? Visit http://www.pimpmycrm.com

0
Administrator
3/20/2007 4:41:34 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The biggest danger with unsupported customizations like these is that your
CRM system may have issues if you apply future hotfixes or upgrade to a new
version of CRM. You may not experience any problems, but if you venture into
this territory you need to make sure you continue to have good backups of
your CRM databases and carefully document what you have done so you can undo
it if need be - and of course be aware that you are on your own if this
customization breaks something down the road.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Administrator from Pimpmycrm.com" wrote:

> I managed to create an autonumber in Microsoft CRM. I did this by
> making a field "Number"(in the database "New_Number") and I published
> it on the form.
> Then I went To the SQL server and I changed the field in the table to
> Identity Yes, Identity seed 1, Identity Increment 1.
> I locked the field on the form.
> It worked!
> I think that this is not supported by Microsoft. But has anybody got
> any idea which troubles i could get with this configuration?
>
> San
>
> ________________________________
> Do you know all add-ons for Microsoft CRM? Visit http://www.pimpmycrm.com

Hi,

A supported and easy way of having a custom auto-numbering functionality is
by writing a Callout. Please refer to the SDK help for the sample.

HTH,
Niths

"Administrator from Pimpmycrm.com" wrote:

> I managed to create an autonumber in Microsoft CRM. I did this by
> making a field "Number"(in the database "New_Number") and I published
> it on the form.
> Then I went To the SQL server and I changed the field in the table to
> Identity Yes, Identity seed 1, Identity Increment 1.
> I locked the field on the form.
> It worked!
> I think that this is not supported by Microsoft. But has anybody got
> any idea which troubles i could get with this configuration?
>
> San
>
> ________________________________
> Do you know all add-ons for Microsoft CRM? Visit http://www.pimpmycrm.com

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

Problem with Database Wizard

Autonumber and autodate
Is there a way to automatically have the date be updated and the next number in the record be updated when a value is entered into the chart. see the following: ,,,,,,,,,,,,Value,,,,,,,,,,,,Date Monday-Saturday Only,,,,,,,Record ,,,,,,,,,,,,432,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mon-12/02/02,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,15 ,,,,,,,,,,,,657,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tues-12/03/02,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,16 ,,,,,,,,,,,,372,,,,,,,,,,,,Autodate,,,,,,,,Autonumber and so on..... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http...

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Autonumbering
Is there any way to change the auto numbering for Cases & Contracts once you've been playing with CRM? I made the mistake of entering a test record b4 changing the start numbers and now they are greyed out! Have you tried removing the test cases? I'm not sure if that will "ungrey" the starting number - but its worth a shot =) "Ruthie" <Ruthie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C6810B1-6C5A-4DB8-8FB1-33ED3E11A2D2@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the auto numbering for Cases & Contracts once > you've been pl...

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98