Automate sync deactivating

We've got about 40,000 contacts in our CRM 3.0 implementation with about 30
owners.  We would like to disable the syncing of contacts and the removal of
the CRM-sourced contacts in Outlook in an automated fashion.  Is there a way
to do this?  We could go around to all of the workstations, but would prefer
a script or something to handle it.  I tried playing around with the
SyncContact registry setting in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key,
but it didn't seem to have an effect.

Also, to prevent these from happening in the future, can the installs be set
to default with these sync's turned off?

Any guidance in this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dale.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Automating Email (CC:)
hi, my question is, i have a macro that automates an email to be sent out of excel from a data dump. i've used "email" to get the email address and automatically go into the To: line does anyone know how i can get another row of cells to go into the CC: line? cause nothing i've tried has worked. thanks in advance. -q here's some of my code: r = 2 Do Until (Cells(r, 1) = "") email = Cells(r, 8) ' Get Email address Subj = Cells(r, 9) ' Get Award Name as Subject ... ... ... 'Format URL to work with Mail program by repla...

How to automate custom footer on all tabs
When I receive files from others, they typically do not have a footer w/ basic information like date and file name. I want this on all my files and further want to customize the font size and usually want the path name of where I store file in the custom footer. When I receive a mutli tab files, I am having to manually 'setup- custom footer- add info- change font...' to each tab. I want to apply the settings to all tabs- or even better- just automate the whole process- to not even have to go into setup, custom footer dialog. Just apply some saved custom footer I have to all tabs...

Automating a Chart w/ a row of criteria as Y axis
Hi, I hope someone can help. I can automate a chart given 1 x- and y- axis. However when I try to apply the same offset principle to a chart w/ an x-axis consisting of more than 1 criteria, it won't work. For example, my table looks like the following: Week # January FebruaryMarch April week 48 10000 20000 30000 40000 week 49 10000 20000 30000 40000 week 50 10000 20000 30000 40000 week 51 10000 20000 30000 40000 week 52 10000 20000 30000 40000 week 53 10000 20000 30000 40000 week 54 10000 20000 30000 40000 My chart is 3-dimensional, week # is the z axis, months the x axis, and the sal...

V3 Offline Sync
Hi Doing some testing on a CRM V3 and noticed that when you take the Outlook Client offline and look at the details of the dialogue box, I see sometimes hundreds of 'System Records' being updated. This is without any changes client or server side and with only a couple of records in the database. Does anyone know what these 'System records' are? Thanks Cozy System records reflect a bucket of objects that are needed internally for the app to work. Things like security and the UI layouts are all part of these tables. Is this the first time you went offline with this cli...

Excel automation to access a workbook
I want to utililze Excel Automation to obtain properties from an Excel workbook. Given path of the Excel workbook, how can I get the properties of a workbook without making the Excel application or the workbook visible. Then obviously close the Excel workbook and the Excel Object after I get the properties Any help with this would be appreciated Here is some code I am using. I need help getting it to work. When I run it, I get an error message "Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)' Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed" I am in a form in Acc...

VC++.Net and Excel Automation Sample Needed
Is there a location where I can download an example of how to use Excel 2002 and VC++.Net Automation to create an application. I found an example with Excel 2000 but the object libraries to import seem to be causing problems even when I change to the ones that I think should work. Any help would be appreciated. Michael Fox ...

sync problems #3
I am having two problems synch 1. With MSN Money, will not sync data saying information is needed, but I can log on to site with no poblem and when I go to send a bill have no problem. 2. Sync with MSN Web keeps saying updates are temporarily unavaialbe (been a couple of months since I was able to do so). I own Microsoft Money 2006 (upgraded serveral times from earlier versions. Any suggestions? I have the same problem as do others on this site. I bet you installed the beta of IE 7 as I did. even though I uninstalled it the syncing does not work. John "BillB" <BillB...

Automate Update Query Parameters using Macros
Hi I am currently trying to automate a number of databases so that they can be run 'at the push of a button'. The first of these databases contains my master tables which are raw downloads from and antiquated mainframe system. The data comes down in text file format which is then imported into Access Tables. I then run a number of update queries against the tables to convert dates and codes etc into meaningful data. Previously I have run these update queries manually but now intend to use a number of macros to be able to run them at the push of a button. I am mainly using the OpenQu...

Mac Address Book Sync with Entourage Addres Book

is it possible to automate the process replcation from site to sit
Hello, Environment: Application Server : MOSS 2007 + SP2 Database Server: SQL Server 2005 + SP2 Problem Description: We have two team sites in a same application server Is it possible to copy all the documents, tasks, team discussions and calendar entries from one site to another site? Also is it possible to automate the process if we upload one document in one site and it should be automatically replicate to the another site? Can anyone have any idea on this? Regards, Thillai Try looking into the moss site aggregator used it a long time ago...but it soun...

Day and Date
I create a schedule each month. There is a column heading for each day of the month formatted like this. It is a General format: Sunday 10-1 Monday 10-2 Tuesday 10-3 ... and so on. Each month, I manually retype the day and date of each column to correspond with the current month. Is there a way to automate this so I don't have manually change 30 column headings each month? Select A1:B1 and click Format | Cells | Number (tab) | Custom and enter this in the box: DDDD mm-d You can then enter your starting date into A1 (eg as 10-1-2006, or whatever your usual style is) an...

Error 0x8004010f with outlook2002 Sync to Exchange2k
Hey all, When Exchange2k eMail is synchronized for offline use in Outlook2002 for WinXPPro, we receive a 0x8004010f error. We've removed the Outlook Synchro, rebooted laptop and re- enabled Synchro for Outlook, nevertheless, the problem still exists. I've reviewed the Microsoft knowledge base article - 289969. I'm unsure if this is the correct solution for this problem. Please advise. Thanks for any help! Elmo... Hi Elmo, maybe this could help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289969 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@D...

Sync Outlook 2003 with Windows Live
So Outlook 2003 doesn't export/save the calendar in Ical format. Are there any valid work arounds? Does Windows Live calendar support syncing with 2003? If so can Windows Live calendar export as ICAL or does it have an Ical link capability? I just need an Ical link to be able to import into my web calendar component. I would also be open to some Outlook plugin or other software that will convert Outlook 2003 as Ical. I tried Topalt's Import/Export program but it just isn't working for us. The outlook connector syncs with live accounts and works with outlook 20...

Exchange server refresh and sync time
Is there any way to adjust the refresh time on the Exchange server? Lets say I recieve an email at 4pm and read it so it is marked read. If i go home and check my email on a different computer, say 7pm, the message will filter into my inbox as unread. Is there any way to speed up the time that exchange updates users? Any help is greatly appreciated ...

automate the macro to reponse to prompts
I created the following Macro to convert a workbook to a new version workbook. In the course of execution, I have to response to 3 prompts. 1) Do you want to save the changes you make to 'WorkbookA.xls' ? -- No 2) There is a large amount of Information on the Clipboard. Do you want to be able to paste the information into another program later ? -- No 3) A file named 'c:\test\WorkbookA' already exists in the location. Do you want to replace it ? -- Yes How do I automate the macro to these prompts ? Sub WorkbookVersionConversion() Workbooks.Open Filena...

my calendar will not sync with my blackberry--all other apps do
All the other applications of outlook sync, but the calendar does not. Are you using BES or the Desktop Manager to sync? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010 http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34 "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft....

Google to sync to Outlook 07...
hi forum members... I made my 'Personal Folders' (what ever that is...) a Google account. an email messaged 'Microsoft Office Outlook Test Message' was received in the 'inbox' of my Google account via the net. in Outlook 07. I've got no emails in my 'inbox', but on the net I have emails in Google. I have tried 'Tools' menu > Send/Receive > Send/Receive All. although am not quite sure what this does. all help would be most greatly appreciated. best regards. Paul. "pm_sam" <pmsam@discussions.microsoft.c...

how do i sync my 2003 calender with my hotmail calender
Hi All Hopefully someone can help me sort this out. I'm not a tech head so please keep it easy for me. Thanks "p.eddington" <p.eddington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CA43D15-BC65-4BAD-BC03-675E75B17E78@microsoft.com... > Hopefully someone can help me sort this out. > I'm not a tech head so please keep it easy for me. If you're using the Outlook Connector to access Hotmail, open the default calendar and copy the items in it to the Hotmail calendar. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Reminder sync error
"cannot dismiss or postpone the reminder because the coresponding item in the folder you synchronized does not match this item. To resolve the conflict, open the item. Do you want to open the item now?" These errors came after I had a problem logging on to my Windows 2000 box. I didnt see much in the MS Knowledge Base about this. Any ideas? Thanks Mike, I would make sure you had the latest patches and also run the reminder fix. See below. Click Start, and then click Run. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Outlook.exe." /Cleanreminders More info - th...

POS
One of our wonderful employees decided to delete all the sync errors and now we dont know what items are not synced so we can fix them. Since some of the items didnt sync because of errors, all the transactions wont go through, at least according to the documentation provided by Microsoft. Is there a table in the db somewhere, or a column that we can reset so we can get the sync errors back? I assume this data has to be hel somewhere in the db. I have been working with SQl for 10+ years so I have no problems digging around, I jsut need to know where to look. There is a syncerror table,...

Outlook Sync hotmail windows live email folder, but not emails
I have two accounts, one hotmail email and one live email, through Outlook connector, I successfully sync the hotmail account with Outlook, however, when I used the Connector to add the live account, Outlook 2007 only downloaded the folders, WITHOUT the emails in it... Any help or suggestions is much appreciated. Thank you. "mduque" <mduque@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EB6B7FF-428A-435E-9150-6D4E600CADC8@microsoft.com... >I have two accounts, one hotmail email and one live email, through Outlook > connector, I successfully sync the hotmail acc...

Marketing Automation slow ?
Hail, brothers! We have just started to use the Marketing module of CRM system for distribution of Campaign Activities on Marketing Lists. For each member of selected marketing list a single activity is created by this procedure. It appears that the performance of the distribution is rather slow (for us). The process of creating of activities for marketing list containing 4000 members lasts 60 minutes. If somebody deals with this, please, let me know whether the observed speed of the distribution 1-2 activity per second is normal xor we should do performance optimizations. Our Crm s...

SupplierList Table doesn't get filled up autom. when adding an ite
When adding an item, the item is not getting added automatically in the SQL SupplierList table although it used to at first. Is there any functionnality in RMS as to enabling or disabling this feature? After adding a product, if I go in the item properties under the supplier tab, I see it's empty although I selected a supplier when adding the item. ...

Source of difficulty of automated testing?
http://www.stickyminds.com/sitewide.asp?ObjectId=6408&Function=edetail&ObjectType=COL I want to be sure that I understand this problem better. Here is what I need to know: Is it possible to design and build custom GUI controls such that even the operating system has no way to determine the state of this control? > I want to be sure that I understand this problem better. Here is what I need to > know: Is it possible to design and build custom GUI controls such that even the > operating system has no way to determine the state of this control? Sure. If you write you o...

What's the best way to automate Email Sorting
I have a user here (our Executive Director) who receives literally thousands of emails, currently 11,000 in her inbox that she doesn't have time to organize. I know this sounds crazy. I have set up personal folders for her, but that doesn't work well either as she travels alot and her connections are usually too slow to even access the personal folders. Currently she organizes by particular subjects, not subject lines and/or by names. Is there a better way, i.e. by month recieved or something along those lines that would keep her in box more manageable? Also, archiving does...