auto reply email entering queue

How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a
message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a workflow
but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues.

Any idea ?
--
Christophe
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

As far as i remember this is not possible because the Exchange-Account
which is used for the queue has to be "disabled". Maybe you can
configure Exchange as it would auto-forward incoming mails for your
queue to another Exchange-User and try to get auto-reply work this
way.

Another option -which is highly unsupported- is to create a trigger on
Activity-Table and use SQL-Mail. -I do not recommend this, because
this is not supported.

cla <cla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<FA6C1815-6CDE-442E-A4A0-2F7AC73C0B92@microsoft.com>...
> How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a
> message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a workflow
> but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues.
>
> Any idea ?
0
danielschmied75
10/31/2004 4:59:57 PM
Thanks Daniel for your feedback.

It’s still incredible that ms-crm is not able to reply an email entering in
a queue even not with a workflow.

Rgds
Christophe

"daniel schmied" wrote:

> As far as i remember this is not possible because the Exchange-Account
> which is used for the queue has to be "disabled". Maybe you can
> configure Exchange as it would auto-forward incoming mails for your
> queue to another Exchange-User and try to get auto-reply work this
> way.
>
> Another option -which is highly unsupported- is to create a trigger on
> Activity-Table and use SQL-Mail. -I do not recommend this, because
> this is not supported.
>

> cla <cla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<FA6C1815-6CDE-442E-A4A0-2F7AC73C0B92@microsoft.com>...
> > How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a
> > message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a workflow
> > but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues.
> >
> > Any idea ?

Christophe,

The next release of CRM, CRM 2005, i suppossed to have the ability to trigger
workflow off of Activities.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"daniel schmied" wrote:

> As far as i remember this is not possible because the Exchange-Account
> which is used for the queue has to be "disabled". Maybe you can
> configure Exchange as it would auto-forward incoming mails for your
> queue to another Exchange-User and try to get auto-reply work this
> way.
>
> Another option -which is highly unsupported- is to create a trigger on
> Activity-Table and use SQL-Mail. -I do not recommend this, because
> this is not supported.
>

> cla <cla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<FA6C1815-6CDE-442E-A4A0-2F7AC73C0B92@microsoft.com>...
> > How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a
> > message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a workflow
> > but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues.
> >
> > Any idea ?

0
Matt
11/1/2004 5:01:38 AM
This feature is available form c360's EmailToCase add-on see www.c360.com

"cla" <cla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a
> message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a
workflow
> but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues.
>
> Any idea ?
> --
> Christophe

0
Peter
11/1/2004 1:47:43 PM
If you need this kind of functionality righ now you may wish to review the
c360 products.
They have a great utility that converts an email to a 'Case' and auto
responds to the client with the Case number etc.
Guy.
"cla" <cla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a
> message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a
> workflow
> but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues.
>
> Any idea ?
> --
> Christophe

0
Guy

HTTP status code: [409]:Cannot sync pocket pc Outlook
We have around 30 users with Pocket PCs who synchronise their emails using Active Sync version 5 with the Exchange 2003 server. It was setup by a consultant a few months ago, and worked fine when it just stopped working. Now whenever a Pocket PC user tries to synchronise, it almost immediately completes with no error message, but no new messages have been transferred over (or for that matter new calendar appointments \ contacts etc). There is no error on the Pocket PC, but I have seen one or two errors on the Exchange Server's event viewer. These are (event ID 3005): Unexpected Exchang...

Blank Emails #2
Hi I have previously wrote asking for help but did not get any useful help. Thank you any way. I am not alone; I found two more people got the same problem too. What happens is the content of email disappears but To, From, Cc, Subject and attachments are fine. It happens to any type of email (HTML, Plain ..). This problem occurs randomly. When a user sends an email it is blanked. I believe Exchange, not by Outlook, blanks the content; I believe this because emails I had in my Inbox for some time (and read) also suddenly lose their content. When users start sending blank emails, ...

Random emails crash Outlook
Random emails crash Outlook. I have checked if they have had any virus or worm content stripped in Exchange but they do not appear in the TrendMicro log. Right-clicking the email allows for it to be sent to deleted items. If I connect remotely to the user's mailbox I can open the message without problem. I then forward it to the user and they can open the forwarded message. 1 user recently reported that a previously problem email was suddenly viewable so I thought this might suggest that the problem is on the Exchange server but cannot find any errors in the logs. The messages of...

How to Avoid "Reply All" Mistakes in Outlook E-mail
We always have some goomba in the office reply to everyone when they reply to a universal e-mail. Is there anyway I can create a rule or warning box to stop my e-mail challenged colleagues avoid making an @$# out of themselves? It never helps your career when you send a reply to everyone in the office, especially when your comment is shows your ignorance. This problem happens when someone sends a universal announcement to everyone on the e-mail list, and the recipient hits "reply all", sending an e-mail back to everyone on the list, not just the person who originally sent it. May...

Exchange and POP email in same profile
Gurus, Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine. The dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts. Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks! Yes its poss...

Question for multiple email recipients
If there is a mail from external client sending to multiple CRM users, whenone of the users track the email to CRM (e.g. regarding to a case or any other record), is there any signal to letting other recipients know the mail is being tracked? Any suggestion? If one CRM user tracks the email in CRM from Outlook, then after a few minutes it should appear as tracked in all other user's Outlook mailboxes as well. There's a process that looks for recently created CRM activities and 'tags' them to appear tracked in CRM. The icon for the email in the Outlook explorer view sh...

monitor queue
Is there a way to have the exchange server send a message to the administrator when the outbound queue gets to a certain limit? Or is there a 3rd party utility that will do that? TIA ...

How do I delete a mail queue?
I set up a mail queue using my own email (as a test) address now cant find how to delete it. problem I pointed it back at myself, and now I get all emails twice - DOH!! Any help is appreciated. I simply cant find where to edit existign queues. SBS 2003 with CRM 3.0 To delete a CRM Queue, got to Settings > Business Unit Settings > Queues. Select the queue and click the delete button on the grid toolbar. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. <techital@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145940109.144306.228770@u72...

Emails disappeared yesterday
Yesterday, I had a problem with my computer freezing. I restarted it, pulled up Windows Mail and all of the sudden the emails from the last month were gone. The left sidebar was changed also. I had folders set for emails from from certain companies which also disappeared. Does anyone have any idea how to get this back? Did you try rebooting a couple of times? Also, try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen &q...

FIX: Untracking emails incorrectly tracked for Outlook 2003 and 2007
Hi all, As you know, it is tough to un-link or un-track emails (Outlook records in general) if you track them by mistake or link them to the wrong CRM record. The link below shows how to do it when using Outlook 2007. (I assume it is the same for CRM 3.0 and 4.0 but I cannot test the former since we just upgraded to 4.0.) http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2007/05/remove_crm_link.html The problem was doing it with Outlook 2003. I think I figured a way. You have to follow the steps in the link above but the problem was showing the CRM user fields in the email record to set them to 0. If you ope...

Flag drops from Email Mail Merge
I am trying to flag an email with a due date/time. Then I perform a mail merge to email and the flag drops, any suggestions? ...

Infopath 2003, MOSS 2007, email form contents
I need to use our SharePoint site to send user support requests via email. So I created a from in InfoPath 2003 with the necessary fields, added a button to submit it to email as an action, and published it to a document library. And it almost does what I want except: 1) I'd like to put the user info (from the text boxes on the form) into the body of the email instead of as an attachment 2) The user has to actually go into the document library and click the New button. I'd rather maybe create a view that just has a button that does the New functionality? Then I can show j...

Auto Populate text box based on combo box
Hello, I have a combobox named "Bulk" and a text box named "Routing", I would like the Routing box to auto populate after the user selects an option from "Bulk". The Bulk combo box is bound to a table named "Products and bulks". The Routing selection would be coming from the same table. Could someone please explain this to me? I have tried different codes like: Private Sub cboPersonID_AfterUpdate() Me.txtPersonName.Value = Me.cboPersonID.Column(1) End Sub Everytime I put this in the Combo Box's afterupdate property, an error message com...

Migrating Outlook 2007 Account Settings and Email Folders
I used to use a different computer, with Outlook 2007 installed on it. I had to remove the hard drive from that computer and now have it in my new computer, also with Outlook 2007 installed on it. I have full access to the entire hard drive and all its contents from the old computer and want to do one simple thing: copy all the necessary files over from the old hard drive to the new one so that Outlook 2007 will have the correct accounts set up and folders in place. I just haven't been able to find a clear solution to this. I've already tried just moving the Outlook folder from Local ...

shift+enter?
is there a way to "return" inside a cell like you would on any wor program when you hit "enter"? up until now i've had to either put i in a new cell or hit space alot -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27816 Use ALT+Enter. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "medicenpringles&...

Reply to old message in OWA generates a false NDR message
Hi; We have one user who use OWA to access his mailbox. When he tries to reply to a message for external users, the remote server generates an NDR but the message is delivered!! Is there any reason behind this behavior?? This is the NDR message: "Your message To:user1,user2,user3......did not reach the following recipient(s):" ...

How to search for all emails that contains a specific keyword?
Using EXCH 2003. I'm trying to find all email messages in all mailbox's that contains a certain keyword. When found, I would like to export the emails into a pst so that they can be viewed. I've tried using exmerge but it will only let me search by subject or attachment. Is there anything in Exchange 2003 that will let me do this or do I need some kind of 3rd party message filtering software? Thanks. Unfortunately, Exchange does not ship a tool or utility that will allow you to do this. --Chris ============================================================================ ==== ...

Trying to send email with windows mail or outlook, won't configure
Can someone please help me configure this thing!!! I can send a regular email through Windows mail with no problem. I cannot configure Outlook, even though I am using the same info as I used in windows mail. And, most importantly.... I cannot send a Publisher email in either one!!! What in the worl am I doing wrong? They won't go directly to windows mail, even though I have it as my default mail. They continue to go into Outlook even though I have it NOT as my default. They won't send from Outlook, And when I import them into Windows mail, they won't send. Arrrggghhhh! I am...

Configuring SBS2008 to allow mobile phones to use email / POP3
Hi, I have a customer that wants their field staff to use their Nokia phones to access their mailboxes on Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007. What is required to set this up ? - Exchange 2007 / POP3 configuration ??? - Firewall configuration ??? Thanks in advance. Regards Michael What OS does Nokia use? Windows Mobile, Iphones and Palm Pre all use Exchange Active Sync (or some easy permutaion) which is easy enough. No pop required. No firewall changes either. On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:24:01 -0700, Michael <michael.green@solventgreen.com.nospam> wrote: &...

Outlook 2002 Duplicate Pop emails/accounts
Two Pop email accounts in Outlook 2002. Each time a message comes in, there are two copies. I know someone suggested a work-around previously, but I had to reinstall my email accounts in Outlook and I'm back to the same problem as before. Help! Thanks, Robert ...

Enable Auto Correct
I have a user that is unable to enable the Auto Correct feature. She is using OL2007 and Word2003 any ideas? Penny Miller <pennym@CO.CHELAN.WA.US> wrote: > I have a user that is unable to enable the Auto Correct feature. She > is using OL2007 and Word2003 any ideas? What happens when she tries? -- Brian Tillman You need to have matched versions of office to have some features, and some of the autocorrect options should work (replace as you type) - others will not. It appears a font is missing as some of the replace as you type symbols ( like :)) fail to replace. When ...

Simple question regarding fonts, email and html........
Hello, I've got a pretty simple question regarding fonts, emails and html. If I were to compose an email message in Outlook XP using Wordmail, html as the format and special fonts (font that are likley only installed on my system), then send this message to some one else, will the receipient be able to see those special fonts I used? Thanks, Jeff Based on your description of the font only on your system, then the answer is no. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jeff M. Ingram" <jingram@hotmail...

OWA
When my OWA clients go to reply to an email....the new reply window opens but can not type a reply..instead there is a box with a red "X" like there is a picture missing. Basic login works just fine....seems this problem is only with the Premium client Any ideas? THanks Steve [Exchange 2003/Win 2000] Check the Windows XP installation if the is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit\ a triedit.dll and if they registred. After you do this i think your problem is solved. br Michael Formann "Steve-O" wrote: > When my OWA clients go to reply ...

50,000 msgs stuck in queue. HELP! (Exchange 2003)
Help I got over 50,000 files in my smtp virtual server queue. I have been trying to use microsoft's method of removing the files but it is not working. (using the Find Messages tool System Manager, deleteing 1000 at a time) I think there are just too many messages and my server locks up everytime I start the SMTP virtual server. (the inetsrvr.exe memory goes up too high Is there a manual way to remove all of these quickly? Can I delete the messages manually from the queue directory from the command line? If so should i stop smtp then delete them (ps I might be open relay or maybe virus w...

i keep receiving same emails that I have already received.
Are you using POP3 or SMTP ?? Do you collect email directly from your ISP or through an Exchange server?? "bix" <bix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09D66B46-F12E-4F09-8421-6DAA9C5860EA@microsoft.com... > ...