Auto Numbering 09-13-05

I would like to create an auto number field to be used as a customer number.
I would have thought this would be a common requirement.
Is this possible.
thanks in advance
Todd
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

this is a common issue and the way to achieve it is to use post callout code
which finds the last number used and then calls back into the crm
application layer to update the record.

here is some example code for crm 1.2

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmpostcalloutsv1d2.asp

"Tango" <Tango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to create an auto number field to be used as a customer
>number.
> I would have thought this would be a common requirement.
> Is this possible.
> thanks in advance
> Todd

0
John
9/13/2005 8:29:09 PM
thanks heaps john

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> this is a common issue and the way to achieve it is to use post callout code
> which finds the last number used and then calls back into the crm
> application layer to update the record.
>
> here is some example code for crm 1.2
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmpostcalloutsv1d2.asp
>

> "Tango" <Tango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to create an auto number field to be used as a customer
> >number.
> > I would have thought this would be a common requirement.
> > Is this possible.
> > thanks in advance
> > Todd

John,

this is a little confusing for a novice like me.

is there any other assistance you could suggest ??? :)

"Tango" wrote:

> thanks heaps john
>
> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>
> > this is a common issue and the way to achieve it is to use post callout code
> > which finds the last number used and then calls back into the crm
> > application layer to update the record.
> >
> > here is some example code for crm 1.2
> >
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmpostcalloutsv1d2.asp
> >

> > "Tango" <Tango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I would like to create an auto number field to be used as a customer
> > >number.
> > > I would have thought this would be a common requirement.
> > > Is this possible.
> > > thanks in advance
> > > Todd

Tango,
Are you a developer?  If yes, then you might also like to try the Post
to a URL action in a workflow rule.  If you choose that method, you can
write a web service with Visual Studio.  The web service would take the
ObjectId and look up the last number and then increment it and assign
it using the CRM sdk.

If you have trouble on this point email me directly and I'll send you
some sample code.

Eric.Notheisen@Culminis.com

0
Eric
9/14/2005 12:19:20 PM
see following posting for auto number.

http://blogs.msdn.com/mikemill/archive/2005/09/19/471414.aspx
All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read
--
http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

"Eric" wrote:

> Tango,
> Are you a developer?  If yes, then you might also like to try the Post
> to a URL action in a workflow rule.  If you choose that method, you can
> write a web service with Visual Studio.  The web service would take the
> ObjectId and look up the last number and then increment it and assign
> it using the CRM sdk.
>
> If you have trouble on this point email me directly and I'll send you
> some sample code.
>
> Eric.Notheisen@Culminis.com

Auto filter question
Hi, Can you help me with a certain formula using auto filter? A B C D E 1 apple 1 2007 2 apple 3 2008 3 kiwi 5 2007 4 5 =SUBTOTAL(9;B1;B3) Apples result of both filterable 6 Kiwi result of both auto filter If I use auto filter apple on Kolom A, B5 gives: 4 If I use auto filter apple on kolom A and auto filter 2007 on kolom C, B5 gives: 1 What is the formula if I want to have these results put into a separate cell, e.g. E5 and E6? I know the formula to add up results without the use of the auto filter, but it doesn't work when e.g. I want only the result ...

Auto Start
This is a mix between excel and access. I want to run a macro automatically when I start Excel from access. I am uning the RUNAPP cmd from a macro in access. I don't want the macro to run automatically any other time. Can I put a macro name in the cmd line in access where I put the cmd to start excel. Tks Gerry ...

Random Number Generation Question...
I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this question... I am trying to build a probability model using the Random Number function. I have built out a three column table that displays random numbers in each. While I do want random numbers assigned to each, they all need to add up to 1 in terms of probability. Does anyone know how to use the Random Number function while also overlaying another rule that dicates probability for all three values across the columns. Any advice would help... Thanks, Keith If your random #'s are in A2 to C2 for example, in another 3 column tabl...

Add a line/row number in front of query results
How can a add a line number in front of the returned query results? Example: If a query returns 3 records: Dog Cat Mouse I would like to query to return the results with line numbers: 1 Dog 2 Cat 3 Mouse The query would add line/row numbers for the returned results. Thank you in advance, I have asked this question in the past but having a hard time in trying to explain this simple concept or maybe its not so simple. Michael Kintner RowNum Sample SELECT (SELECT COUNT(*)+1 FROM PERMISSIONS P1 WHERE P1.ID < P.ID) AS ROWNUM, P.* FROM PERMISSIONS P HTH Pieter "Michael Kint...

Money 05 #2
While cleaning up the files on my computer I moved all the important stuff to a thumbdrive thinking I was save. After attempting to restore all files from the thumbdrive I found the only file not to act right was my money file. The program keeps wanting to "convert the file from an older version" then it say it can find it or open it because its read only.Needless to say its been a bad weekend so far! help I had this same problem, but instead of your situation, I was taking my money file from an old computer to a new one. Support couldn't figure it out, so after brainst...

Run-Time Error 13 Type Mismatch
This function causes a Run-Time Error 13, Type Mismatch Error on this line: set rstclone=frm.recordsetclone What have i done incorrectly to cause this error? Thanks, Ray. Public Function DisableEnable(frm As Form) Dim rstClone As Recordset Set rstClone = frm.RecordsetClone If frm.NewRecord Then frm!cmdFirst.Enabled = True frm!cmdNext.Enabled = False frm!cmdPrevious.Enabled = True frm!cmdLast.Enabled = True frm!cmdNew.Enabled = False Exit Function End If frm!cmdNew.Enabled = True If rstClone.RecordCount = 0 Th...

Auto Backup of Database
Hi, I'm running Office 2003 in Win XP SP2. Recently all my Access files automatic creates a backup copy of itself each time I open and close them. The files comes in filename_backup form. After I delete the backup copy, it'll come back again. This does not happen on my other computer, thus I'm not sure if its some settings on MS Access or XP inself. Appreciate if anyone can assist. Thank you. Hi Izaaco, Do you have the Compact on Close option set (Tools | Options... | General tab)? This is about the only possible setting that one could select that might be contributing ...

formula auto-progression thru rows
=I2/H2...any way to make this go I3/H3,I4/H4 thru I450/H450 with out maually touching every cell? have spent hours finding no reference to this type of action. i know its got to be basic. thx If the cells are contiguous in a column, try this: Select the cell with the base formula Edit>Copy Select all the cells below that one that need the formula Press [Enter] Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "ayeFayze" wrote: > =I2/H2...any way to make this go I3/H3,I4/H4 thru I450/H450 with out maually > touching every cell? have spent hours finding no reference to th...

12 digit number rounding down why?
12 digit number entered with cell formatted as just a number is rounding to end in zero all the time. Help please. cell is not locked Can you give an example or two? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Lyd" <Lyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:330466D7-D861-4705-A84C-D393AE9B059F@microsoft.com... > 12 digit number entered with cell formatted as just a number is rounding > to > end in zero all the time. Help please. cell is not locked You sure it is only 12 digits? Excel will add ...

outlook 2007 01-13-10
I have 3 email accounts that three computers can read and send emails, but when a reply comes back it goes only to the master and not to the other 2 computers that thet are sending from...(it doesnt populate that they have new mail in their inboxes on the other two computers) only on the master. Ryan wrote: > I have 3 email accounts that three computers can read and send emails, but > when a reply comes back it goes only to the master and not to the other 2 > computers that thet are sending from...(it doesnt populate that they have new > mail in their inboxes on the ...

Auto dial when opening Outlook
Hi. I am using Office 2003, Student / Teacher edition, running on Windows XP Home platform with AMD XP2400+ etc. I thought that when I set up my Office suite I had made Outlook automatically dial my ISP and check for mail as soon as I launched it (Outlook). However, it doesn't do that now and I can't find a way of switching that on. is there a way for the application to do this or will I have to resign myself to having to click the send/Receive button? Thanks in advance Chris --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Vers...

Table Lookup 12-20-09
I need help with a lookp I need to do. This lookup needs to lookup a table that may contain the same data more than once and then add the values together. E.g. The table might look like this: Table Game Hours PK01 Holdem 8 PK02 Omaha 3 PK03 Draw 11 PK04 Holdem 2 So the formula I need would have to lookup the value which might be holdem and return the value 10 (8 + 2). Is there anyway t do this? Assuming Holden is in Col B and hours in Col C Try =SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100="Holdem"),(C1:C100)) Change 100 to your last data row number. ...

is there an auto complete function for words or phrases in 2007
I was 'upgraded' to 2007 from 2003 and am not happy about it. I have lost all my auto complete words and phrases; some of them paragraphs. Can anyone help me find out if this function is a possibility in word 2007? Many thanks. K AutoComplete doesn't work in Word 2007 (except for dates), but you can still insert AutoText entries by typing the first few letters and pressing F3. Or you can convert them to AutoCorrect entries. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Karen" <Karen@d...

Custom Number format question
Hi all, I have been thinking about this for a while now without coming up with a sollution. Hopefully someone here will be able to help me. I have a big holiday and absence spreadsheet that I put in all my departments leave and sickness into. I put 1 in a cell for a whole day and 0.5 for half. The problem I have is, to be able to display the 0.5 I have to go in and add a decimal place for that cell manually. If I add a decimal place for all cells 1 becomes 1.0 which I don't want. My question is, is there a way to display a decimal place only when a number has a positive number af...

numbers in data sheet of stacked bar chart
I'm trying to label segments in a stacked bar chart, example: 1-10, 11-20, etc. I'm not able to enter the number with the dash. In most cases it automatically changes to Jan-10. Any tips on how I can fix this? Thanks! Format the cell as text and see if that helps. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Genevieve" <Genevieve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

text to numbers
Suppose i have numbers in a column with datatype as text. But when i change it to number it does not change until i press F2 in that cell. Any help Copy ANY blank cell. Select your *bad* cells. Hit Edit-Paste special, Add. ________________________ **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat www.VBAExpress.com/forum ************************ "student" <agarwalp@eeism.com> wrote in message news:usRlvPVcEHA.2504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Suppose i have numbers in a column with datatype as text. But when i change > it to number it does not change until i press F2 in that cell...

Office 2003 02-13-10
i was trying to download office 2003 pro from my technet subscription, but it has it as unavailable, why is this and will it be available in the future In article <8CF1DFFF-6C95-4124-9CDA-5D4D5EF8AB01@microsoft.com>, Raptor12 wrote: > i was trying to download office 2003 pro from my technet subscription, but it > has it as unavailable, why is this and will it be available in the future That would be a question for TechNet's support folks. ...

how can I convert date to number ?
how can I convert date to number ? On Mar 3, 12:07=A0am, "faruk" <farukke...@hotmail.com> wrote: > how can I convert date to number ? If you mean a "serial number", simply format the cell as Number, with zero or more decimal places depending on whether or not it is just a date. Format as General Or post back with more details. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:07:42 +0200, "faruk" <farukkeles@hotmail.com> wrote: >how can I convert date to number ? > > ...

display leading zeros in telephone number
When I paste a list of telephone numbers, any leading zeros are not displayed. (eg. 0944.. shows as 944...) How can I display them corectly? Thanks Andy "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08a701c3da94$2dd89710$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I paste a list of telephone numbers, any leading > zeros are not displayed. (eg. 0944.. shows as 944...) How > can I display them corectly? > > Thanks > Andy Format the cells as text before pasting the data. >-----Original Message----- >"Andy" <anonymous@discussions....

Integer to number, too many decimals
Hi, In a data table I have records numbered from 801 to 809. I also use these numbers as row number then 8.01 to 8.09. To do so I just devide the record number by 100 and put it in a variable of type decimal (also tried double and single). At one point I compare this value with a number to do an evaluation: itemnr = CDec(rw("itemnr")) / 100 "If itemnr = 8.03 Or itemnr = 8.04 Or itemnr = 8.06 Or itemnr = 8.07 Then" Well it should look like that, but it actually showing: " If itemnr = 8.0299999999999994 Or itemnr = 8.0399999999999991 Or itemnr = 8...

deleting a user from crm 07-12-05
Hello, The problem I am having is this I have made a new user x in the CRM and added a license with that user. After that I have disabled the user from the web based interface without first moving the license Bk... User x is disappeared from web based interface but is showing on deployment manager under user manager with the license. Can anybody tell me how can I delete the user from there as well... what is the method of deletion a user with the license completely from ANWAR ADIL CCNA , MCP Hello Anwar, Users can only be deactivated. Deletion of users in Microsoft CR...

A good debugger tool, auto trace all apis.
A good debugger tool, auto trace all apis Support the tracing to COM interface. Auto analysis the target program, auto display and trace the export functions of DLL. Auto monitor all API and COM Interface Try it now http://www.autodebug.com/ ...

Organizing WebSite with Large number of User controls(ASCX)
Hi All, We have a web site with large number(more than 1000) of web controls (ASCX). They are basically acting as the pages and calling from one container page. These web conrols are inherited from a common class declared in app_code folder. It also uses some other functionality provided through classes in app_code folder. We would like to reorganize these user controls to a sperate assembly so that the initial compilation time can be reduced. Please provide some pointers for doing the same. What all the precautions I need to take for doing it. Thanks, partysingh <gma...

Quantity Shipped field on Enter/Match Auto-Invoice Screen
It would be good to see the actually quantity that has been received in the Quantity Shipped field on the Select Purchase Order Items when viewing this window through the Enter/Match Invoices screen (Transactions > Purchasing > Enter/Match Invoices). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

Internally assigned List or Tablename of Auto-Filter?
My Cell B4 is returning my Current Auto-Filter Criteria; In C4 I have: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$12:$B$190=B$4)*(SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET($A$12:$A$190,ROW($A$12:$A$ 190)-MIN(ROW($A$12:$A$190)),,1)))) If I add a new record to say Row 191 the above **IS NOT** Picking up the data in my cell C4, obviously. How can I make the above formula Dynamic (auto-expand to pick up all additions)? TIA, Hi easiest way: make the range large enough :-) =SUMPRODUCT(($B$12:$B$1900=B$4)*(SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET($A$12:$A$1900,ROW($A $12:$A$ 1900)-MIN(ROW($A$12:$A$1900)),,1)))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JMay&...