Auto generating unique number - 176740

Hi

We would like to customize CRM so that when an opportunity is created, a
unique number is generated and this unique number appears throughout the
sales process.

This number has to be auto generated by CRM so that a user does not have to
enter it manually. The number should follow automatically from the previous
number.

Can this be achieved by creating a workflow rule using a call assembly?
Grateful for any assistance.

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Help required in Custom Number format
Hi friends, I have a number 1525149. When i apply "comma" style it gives 1,525,149. Where as i need 15,25,149 (indian style). Tried to modify in Format>Cells>Custom number format but not made it. Can you give a solution. Thanks in advance. Madhu Hi Madhu, Here is a format that you can use [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00�;[>=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,#�#0.00 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Madhu" <madhu@paceinfo.com> wrote in message news:%23rfv3uAaFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi friends, > > I have a number 1525149. When i appl...

edit number in cell without it changing to text
I recently upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2000. In a worksheet I was previously able to hit F2 to edit a number, hit the + or - to add or subtract from the original number. The revised total would show when I hit enter. Now the number changes to text and shows as 1+1 instead of 2. There needs to be an equal sign preceeding the 1+1. After hitting F2, hit the home key to put the curson on the left of the existing number value in the cell then enter "=1+" so you end up with "=1+1" (e.g.). - Will "rklremote" wrote: > I recently upgraded from Office 9...

Excel-can't turn off multiple cell selection or add text/numbers
When I open a spread sheet and left click my mouse in a cell, I can't enter any data. If I move the mouse, it highlights the cells the cursor touches and I can't turn that off. Hitting the Esc key does nothing. I'm locked out of all the toolbar functions. The only way I can terminated the program is by going to task manager and 'end task'. The EXT indicator isn't on, but even if it was, I should be able to get out of it by hitting F8. If I try to X out of Excel by going off the page and selecting anything, the cells just keep getting highlighted. Yes, I'...

How do I prevent Excel from putting 16 digit numbers into scienti.
I've got a column of about 650 credit card numbers ( I work at a credit union) and I want Excel to stop storing the numbers in the column as numbers in scientific notation. The data originally came from a flat text file which I then converted to Excel. I'm referring to this particular column from within another piece of software which creates barcodes. When the barcoding software looks at this particular column, it wants to display the column data on the barcoding label as numbers in scientific notation such as 4.357869800980E+15. First, the number was never a decimal but Ex...

How to auto save Excel spreadsheets
Is it possible to auto save my work in Excel; if so how? Thank you Cheri That would depend upon which version of Excel you are running. There is no Autosave.xla add-in with XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions. Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it. This is not the same as Autosave which made true incremental saves at intervals. Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes normally without incident. BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine. I have also tried ...

Seperating text/Numbers
Fantastic , thanks, that has done the tric -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27112 ...

page numbers
How can i get the total of page to do for example Page 1 of 47 GP 10 In Report Writer? No can do. :-( -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Consulta" <Consulta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB19055F-2468-48E0-8975-9D7A0723F57D@microsoft.com... > How can i get the total of page to do for example > Page 1 of 47 > GP 10 VB i can do ? "Victoria [MVP]" wrote: > In Report Writer? No can do. :-( > > -- > Victo...

Email to a number of people but only have receiver's name in to box
Is it possible? Can an email be sent to a number of people but only the person receiving/opening it's name appear in the to field? Would this have something to do with mail merge? >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible? Can an email be sent to a number of people >but only the person receiving/opening it's name appear in >the to field? >. > I'm using Outlook 98. >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible? Can an email be sent to a number of people >but only the person receiving/opening it's name appear in >the to field? >. > ...

Pick several numbers from a list to get as near as possible to required total
I have a list of several hundred policies each with a different value. Occasionally I have a request to 'sell off' policies to a certain value. At the moment I manually select policies from the list till I get 'close enough' to the total. Is there a way of automating this and getting the closest result possible? To put numbers to my problem above, suppose I have the following 9 policies 1 $11,234.67 2 $604.50 3 $7,632.00 4 $5,638.76 5 $16,345.98 6 $23,678.43 7 $15,678.44 8 $1,007.17 9 $53,713.97 I get a request to sell of $54,500 worth, at a gl...

Automatically generate email message with timed send
I have a list of contacts that I want to send reminder emails to at scheduled times as per event times drawing from a spreadsheet. The following are fields in my spreadsheet. Name Email Subject Comment Schedule date/time How would I use the fields as source for my mail merge and the schedule date/time to "delay" sending the email? I haven't written a macro for a few years now and can't seem to remember anything. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Steven ...

Export number without decimals
hI, When I export my data from a query in csv format, one of the fields which has 13 digit numbers diplays decimal places when infact the data in the database does not have any decimals. How can I force this field in my query to format with zero decimals so it exports correctly. Eg. currently doing 1310010010011.00 want to show 1310010010011 Bruce Bruce It might be a bit of a kludge, but you could convert the number to text (CStr()) in a query before exporting the query. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/...

how do i print numbers using speach recognition in excel
In excel using speach recognition dictation how do I input actual numbers and not words? According to Excel's Help (under the heading, "Things you can do and say with speech recognition") -- "To dictate all numbers as digits, say "force num," pause briefly, and then say "5." Speach Recognition & numbers wrote: > In excel using speach recognition dictation how do I input actual numbers and > not words? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Email auto-forwarding doesn't work
Hi, My company have two domain: abc.com and xyz.com. There are no direct connection between these two domains. That means email must go thru' internet. Recently, we want to auto-forward email@abc.com to email@xyz.com. But here come the problem. It's fine for sender outside xyz.com but any email from xyz.com cannot be forwarded back to xyz.com. The sender will receive a NDR. Is it possible to solve it? Many Thanks Raymond Chan On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:59:08 -0800, "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My company have two domain: abc...

bank transfer error numbers display from workbook to csv
Dear all, I have a an excel file 99-2003 workbook that includes bank code and salary details, it is required from me to save it as csv but when i do so all the account numbers are corrupted example 201018537554 but when i open in csv it shows 2.21037E+11 Please help the bank is rejecting my applicatio due to the unredable numbers and plus how can i get a number that contains 0000031456789 and keep the zeros once it is in a number format it will only work when i use the special format num portugese "numero de seguranca social" Please help You should convert your numbe...

Search cells with many numbers a few numbers?
In Excel, I'd like to search cells which have many numbers in each, they are separated by spaces. I'd like to look in the cells for a few numbers. The logic statements do not seem to work. How do I do this? ...

Can you auto copy the calendar rather than auto archive?
Is it possible to auto copy the calendar rather than auto archive so that items are copied not moved to a new file? If you change the view on the Calendar to say Categories (from View > Current View) then do a Ctrl+A to select all and drag with your right mouse button (or use the commands on the Edit menu) to copy the items to a new location "mr rogers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02ee01c3dbbe$7c236730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to auto copy the calendar rather than auto > archive so that items are copied not moved to a new ...

Auto Fit Column
I can select a column and have it auto fit. However when I go to the next cell in the column and it has more characters I have to again go to auto fit. Is there a way that the column can be set to automatically auto fit when the characters are greater? Thanks Burt Hi Burt, Select the entire column then use AutoFit. AutoFit will not work well with merged cells. If you have merged cells look at my xlindex.htm page for Jim Rech who has a macro to help with that. If you have wrap turned on and you want the column a little wider, first expand it a bit to what you think looks good then ...

Suppress First Page Numbering
Hi folks - Is there anyway to suppress page numbering on the first page of an Excel sheet? Thanks. Michael Michael, unfortunately there is no way. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Michael" wrote: > Hi folks - Is there anyway to suppress page numbering on the first page of > an Excel sheet? Thanks. > > Michael > > > . > EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you already have page numbers set up in your Workbook. Take the following actions to suppress page numbering from the first page:- 1. Insert / Text group / Header & Footer /...

auto-saving emails as files on the network
Does outlook have the capability to save incoming/outgoing emails to a standard file structure on a server. eg. I have a directory for clients and the next level down is client a, client b etc. If I receive a mail from client a, when I open it, I would like it to auto save to d:\client\clienta\correspondence. Any ideas? ...

Credit Card Number
The Credit card number of receivables transactions do not show up in the following places. 1. Smart list - after you insert the credit cared number column in the favourites 2. Reports of check book(I have configured my credit cards as check books). Please give me a solution for the above. Would also like to know of any other report which shows the credit card numbers of receivables transactions. Thanks ...

Posting Error for receiving serial number item
When I post shipment/invoice transaction, I get following message: **ERROR: Posting to table POP30310. Restore from a backup if possible. When I check the receiving transaction by inquiry window, the item, which is tracked by serical number, disappear from the transaction. Items tracked by lot or none are still in the receivng transaction. Does anyone know what cause the problem? I use GP 10.0 SP3. Thank you, Taka Taka, Coincidentally, the same issue was raised in Dynamics GP partner forums today. This is a known issue that is bein researched by Microsoft. This happens for Serial Number...

Negative inventory adjustments for serial-numbered items
We're trying to enter negative inventory adjustments for some serial-numbered items but the system is not allowing it. We're getting a message that the adjustment quantity is greater than the quantity available. These serial numbers are in inventory and we need to get them out. These serial numbers are not assigned to any SOP or assembly transactions. The item numbers are on open SOP Orders but they do not have any serial numbers assigned to them yet. We have far too many orders to go through and remove these items from the orders. How do we get these serial numbers out of ...

Auto generated backups
A few times now my database has closed itself due to error and create a backup. Each time I saved the backups I've added a number eg 1, 2, 3, 4 so it would allow me to save. Now I have 6 backup files from over the last few weeks. Do I need to keep them all? Or just the most recent one? How can I get the back up file just to refresh itself rather than having to create a new one each time. (as this takes up a lot of space). Any suggestions or explanations would be a great thanks! Rache Rachel This could be a Microsoft Access Lock File, check the File extension: .LDB When s...

Numbering Records
I have a request to be able to sequentially number records in a query. I have looked in the forum and found similar questions, but I guess I am not making the connection. I have a table named, Cycle_Time, that I am running a query off of and the fields include Facility, Ord Num, Ord Line Num, Cycle Time. I am after a result to group it by facility. I am have an example below. Facility Ord Num Ord Line Num Cycle Time Result I want HK 1234 001 10 1 HK 4567 003 9 2 HK 7899 ...

recurring journal entries have number incremented each time
Our client was wondering if it was possible to have the journal entry number increment each time a new transcation is entered? I have checked in the knowledge base and found that "the same journal entry number is used each time the recurring batch is posted. An internal sequence number (Recurring TRX Sequence field) is kept which is incremented by one each time the transaction is posted. You can use Report Writer to add the Sequence Number field to some reports, such as the Trial Balance Report." I mentioned this to the client and they would like to submit a request to...