Authentification Error when Laptop is NOT connected to the Network

Hi

A customer of us has the MS CRM 3.0 Laptopclient.

Since some day's he has a authentification error when he starts outlook with
the laptopclient. The error raises only if the user is NOT connected to the
network. If the User is connected to the Network there is no problem.

First I thought that it could be a passwordchange - but there was no
change....

Some ideas how we could resolve the problem?

Thank's
Michel

0
Michel
11/12/2007 2:36:31 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can you check error log, if password is not problem, you have to repair the
client.

Also check update rollup2 on server.

--
Regards,

MS CRM Certified Professional

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Michel" wrote:

> Hi
>
> A customer of us has the MS CRM 3.0 Laptopclient.
>
> Since some day's he has a authentification error when he starts outlook with
> the laptopclient. The error raises only if the user is NOT connected to the
> network. If the User is connected to the Network there is no problem.
>
> First I thought that it could be a passwordchange - but there was no
> change....
>
> Some ideas how we could resolve the problem?
>
> Thank's
> Michel

Error Entry Point Not Found.
When I start Outlook with default to show outlook today, I get the following error message: "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. If I switch it back to starting in inbox I do not get this message. I only get it when it tries to access outlook today. Can anyone help? Thanks I'm getting the same exact thing. If you find a cure, could you repost. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >When I start Outlook with default to show outlook today, >I get the following error message: "The procedure entry >poi...

Read Only error when completing activities in SFO
When I close an activity in SFO and mark it as complete I receive a warning dialog that states that the record in CRM is read only and it will not be updated. How can I get the record to update properly in CRM when I mark it as complete in SFO? ...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

Excel/Word startup: 'Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec' ??
Office 2003 factory-installed by Dell. Opening a new file with Excel (or Word) yields a Visual Basic error message: 'Compile error in hidden network: AutoExec' and then the PC hourglass runs. I used the Office 2003 Installation CD provided with the new laptop to repair Office. It ran quite a while. I then updated Office from the MS website to ensure I had the latest. This did not solve the problem and Dell disavows my existence. I'm wondering if it might be an operating system interaction? I am loath to re-install the XP operating system. Any thoughts? Take a look here: ht...

Error message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am unable to open Outlook - get the error message above EACH time I try to launch it. I am running Windows XP, have Norton installed, checked the firewall allows Outlook. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook and downloaded and installed the service pack update. I followed some suggestions on this discussion site as suggested by Nikkin in the response to: "John Frustrated" <fortlaud@mail.com> Sent: 5/1/2004 8:36:21 AM. but nothing works. Can anyone help? What suggestions have you tried? I don't recall the message you are referring to. Rename outcmd.dat an...

winsock error message
I have recently installed a mail server (ArGoSoft) on my computer. When I send an email on the mail server, Outlook indicates that it has been sent, but the log on the server indicates that there is a "Winsock error when communicating with exchanger." Everything else checks out. I don't think it is a DNS problem, but I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks! Richard ...

Employee Master Table error after V10 SP3
i have updated V10 to SP3, from SP1, and all seems to be fine except if I try to access the employee master table. Either from cards>payroll>Employee, or payroll transaction entry. Anytime I need to do a lookup on an employee id. Here is the message: A Get Change operation on table UPR_MSTR failed accessing SQL Data If I go to the more information or details button: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'EMPLSUFF' [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'Dex_Row_TS' -- Doug It looks like an upgrade script failed...

Why cannot copy autorun.inf across network drive
I've copied a CD software into my harddisk. Then I copy to another PC. But I find that it's not possible to copy the autorun.inf over. "Access is denied" I wonder why ? Thanks "dingdongdingding" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:54c040ef-d6e7-4e82-9727-5260929a8e35@q39g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I've copied a CD software into my harddisk. Then I copy to another > PC. But I find that it's not possible to copy the autorun.inf over. > "Access is denied" I wonder why ? One solution (among many): ...

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800ccc0dThis would not be a major pr
Dell inspirion 1545 Windows Vista HB MSG: The host 'http://get.live.com could not be found' Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11001 I have uninstalled/Installed Windows Live Mail and get the same error. Email cannot be accessed via the Windows Live interface, only via hotmail. This would not be a major problem except that I cannot send photos. -- Thanks for the help. JohnnyT http://get.live.com is not used for email Is this problem occurring with a Hotmail account ? If using the pop3/smtp protocol for sending/receiving with a Hotmail account...

Great Plains Pervasive db error PM_TRANSACTION_OPEN
Hi: My company has a pretty old version of Great Plains running pervasive SQL 2000. Recently, while somone was performing a payables batch job, windows reported that the program was not responding and gave them the ability to end the task. They did. Now there is this batch process that says "Posting" and has been for the second day now. The error message they received was: "Unhandled database exception: A save operation on table 'PM_Transaction_OPEN' has created a duplicate key." We don't have support for this and cannot afford to upgrade. My question i...

When opening Excel get File Not Found error
When I open Excel for the first time, I get an error that says "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar and then it says "File Not Found" I am not sure what is causing this. Any ideas? Thanks! Try opening excel in save mode excel.exe /s if you don't get the prompt, then it is probably related to a bad addin you have selected in tools=>addins or a workbook in your xlstart subdirectory. (try moving any files found there). You can then start adding things back until you find the file causing the problem. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Andy" <anonymou...

Save and Close Error in accounts and contacts
Hi - Just upgraded to CRM 4 and am noticing an error when accessing via the web: When I his either save and close or save and new in an account or a contact I get an error popup - "Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error Please tell Microsoft about this problem..... The XML report that is sent to MS is as follows: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Syntax error</Message> <Line>106</Line> <URL>/ORG NAME/sfa/conts/...

Hotmail on my office laptop
If I add my hotmail account to my Outlook 2007 on my office laptop, will my personal messages be available to anyone on my network, or will they just be downloaded to my laptop? I love Outlook 2007, I just don't want the world to see my personal e-mails. longbeachlaw <longbeachlaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I add my hotmail account to my Outlook 2007 on my office laptop, > will my personal messages be available to anyone on my network, or > will they just be downloaded to my laptop? I love Outlook 2007, I > just don't want the world to see my person...

Error after mailbox move E2K
Hi! Yesterday I moved a mailbox from one E2K server to the other one. Event log at server 1 told me that it was finished sucessfully. It disappeared from the Exchange System Manager view at server 1.Server 2 shows a red cross in front of the mailbox. In the context menu I am offered to reconnect the mailbox. But after choosing this I'm told that it is already connected to a user, that replication is not finished. But this ongoing for too many hours. Server 1 shows event 1205 in the event log (mailbox of this user cannot be created due to error 0x50x). I also cannot move the mailbox back o...

Exract Data And Error Msg
ERROR MSG: Microsoft Excel cannot determine which row in your list or selection contains column labels which are required for this operation I can’t figure out why: The names of my Columns are as follows: ITEM QTY DAYS TOTAL I formatted them as Text. How do I make Excel know they are column labels and furthermore… I am composing an invoice for my rental business. I have set up a sheet with all the items that I rent. The cost of each item is determined by the number of items time the number of days rented. I would like to extract, to a separate location,(sheet 2) only the items that we...

connecting
i need how i conected my computer in the mail?... You just set it up in Tools - Accounts. Yahoo must be a "Plus" account - see: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-06.html "Raymond01040" <raymond01040@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#iE16fsnKHA.3164@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > i need how i conected my computer in the mail?... ...

Error accessing database
Hi all, I'm trying to log into a newly added database, but get the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Prodecure or function smCleanUpFilesBeforeLigin has too many arguments specified. Then, clicking OK, you get another one: The stored procedure smCleanUpFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: 8144, Great Plains: 0. What has happened there, and how can I resolve it please? This happens even when logging in as 'sa' to the database. Thanks all, John ...

CRMAddin error after Rollup 2
Hi All We have Rollup 2 installed both on client and on server. We are running v3c client on Office 2007. Yesterdat and last week I received 2 addin errors. CRM refused to start when I entered Outlook the first time. When I restarted Outlook everything worked fine. The event log gave me this error. Event ID 5987 Synchronization between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft CRM could not be initialized or started. Changes in CRM or Outlook may not be propagated. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80070003. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=685. Any help with this...

just testing connectivity
alt.test "Test1" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:%23EVqQ9T2EHA.1860@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > ...

installation fatal error
I'm try to install Microsoft Crm server 1.0 and the installation results in the follow: Installation ended prematurely because of an error (80004005) Failed to install Microsoft CRM Server.". "Failed to Install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server Setup.". "Unspecified error". "(80004005)". I'm running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Promoted to a DC for my child domain extranet, SQL Server 2003 with SP3 running same Domain, SQL Authentication Windows Only CRM never seems to create the database but create a OBDC connection using Administrator ...

Problem connecting to outlook 2007
Hi, my boss can't access his outlook 2007 when he comes in to the office with his laptop. He can only connect if he has his wireless or the vpn on. He gets this error message ox80042108 when he tries to open outlook without wireless or vpn. Thank you for any help or suggestions offered. What type of mail account is it set up as? "k" <k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA28F0E9-5505-4A12-8833-D2411219A6C8@microsoft.com... > Hi, my boss can't access his outlook 2007 when he comes in to the office with > his laptop. He can only co...

ADO Field is Nothing error
Running ANY integration on version 10 (have SP 4 installed in Dynamics AND integration manager) yields this error for EVERY user except me (I am an administrator on our domain). There are no symbols or weird charcters. These worked fine a couple months ago, but now no one can run any. These are not even sql optimized eConnect one. They are basic standard integrations. Are you using a shared Integration Manager database or does each user have their own. If the latter, then users may not be seeing the file you are seeing in the location you are seeing it. Best regards, --...

GP Error....
All, Has anyone seen this error before. I did some research and could not find anything: "The stored procedur PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass Through SQL Returned the following results: DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP;." Jamal try to recreate the stored procedure and see if this resolves the error "Jamal" <jma@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:ubhstc%236HHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > All, > Has anyone seen this error before. I did some research and could not find > anything: > "The stored procedur PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass ...

relay error/recipient policy
I am trying to add another domain to have mail delivered to our Exchange server. Currently we have xxx.company.ca and yyy.company1.com. We are looking to add another sub domain of company.ca so for example zzz.company.ca. I have added this in the recipient list but did not right click and apply this. Our recipient list and our email accounts are setup in a way that I am not sure if Applying this policy will cause the entire organization problems. Users currently have email addresses @company.ca as their primary but also xxx.company.ca as a secondary. The recipient policy only has x...

Outlook 2003 can not connect to Exchange 2003 server through VPN
Hi, We have a Exchange 2003 server running on windows 2000 server. Everything is working fine (Outlook client, OWA) for LAN. The server has two NIC, one connect to LAN, another one connect to firewall with different subnet. I can ping both NIC after I established VPN connection from outside internet, also can open OWA using both NIC ip address. I updated "hosts" file on remote computer for the exchange server name and ip address translation. But, When I setup exchange server in outlook 2003 on the remote computer, type in the exchange server name and user name(User account is al...