attaching documents

what is the best way to attach letters to contacts or customers. The letters
will be created in word using maail-merge, but there does not seem any easy
way to attach the letter to the client.
--
Ken Linton
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Ken,

a possible way is to use WordMailMerge Add-On which gives you the possibility

to create with a button in MS Word a MS CRM letter activity and attaches the
actual document as note to this activity.
Additionally the WordMailMerge Add-ON gives you the ability to use custom
fields
and custom entitis for merging letters with MS CRM Data.

If you are interested you could download a Trial-Version at www.mscrm-addons.com.

Regards,

Christian Ternek
___________________________________
www.mscrm-addons.com
Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
    GroupCalendar         for MSCRM
    Related Documents   for MSCRM
    WordMailMerge        for MSCRM

> what is the best way to attach letters to contacts or customers. The
> letters will be created in word using maail-merge, but there does not
> seem any easy way to attach the letter to the client.

0
Christian

Supersized documents
I do a 6 page newsletter that incorporates maybe 15 or so images (some clip art.... some snagged from the web). Copyright issues aside (this is a SMALL NEWSLETTER for local members of a craft club -- no money making involved), I am frustrated in that my document seems to grow to enormous sizes. Generally -- I take last month's document... do a save as... then delete nearly all of the content. This preserves the need for recreating several repeat features/headlines. Pictures are usually either jpg or gifs. I then rebuild next month's newsletter. I print it to PDF for easy di...

Large Attachments
Outlook Constanly trys to resend an email with an attachment that is too big to email server. As in the email is 12m and outgoing limit is 10m then outlook tries to send and fails then tries again and again. Is there any way to fix this?? By being nice to your sys admin and getting the outgoing limit raised temporarily to allow this to go through. "Jeromy Cullen" <jcullen@csiweb.com> wrote in message news:000f01c352bf$6b7e0d00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook Constanly trys to resend an email with an > attachment that is too big to email server. As in the > email ...

Document Date vs. Batch Date
Can someone explain to me the difference between document date and batch date. The way I understand it, the document date refers to the date the item will hit the subledger and the batch date (if batch date is the posting option) refers to the date the transaction will hit the general ledger. Is this correct? Does this mean that if I have all my periods open for a year and I enter a cash receipt transaction with a document date of 05/01/04 in a batch with a batch date of 06/01/04 that my subledger will not balance to my general ledger for that month? Elizabeth, You've got it ...

winmail.dat attachments for CRM-tracked emails
Hello, our users are experiencing an issue with CRM-tracked emails from Outlook when the email is sent to Lotus Notes recipients: Email created in Outlook 2003 on Windows XPSP2 with CRM 3.0 desktop or laptop client installed (CRM server running Windows Server 2003SP1, SQL Server 2005SP1) Email has an attachment (usually a PDF file) Email is tracked in CRM using 'Track in CRM' button on new message in Outlook Outlook is using a POP3 mailbox, not Exchange Server Recipient is not using Outlook, usually Lotus Notes Attachment is called winmail.dat and the sender's attachment is gon...

Need help with printing Excel document
I want to print it out exactly as it looks on the screen. With all the cells and rows visable. Highlight all the cells you wish to see printed out. Then do File > PrintArea > SetPrintArea...........then do File > PrintPreview.......what you see is what will print out, assuming you have the correct print drivers and margins set etc......... If it still don't work, post back with more details. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jody mullis via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:507040B8C48C0@OfficeKB.com... > I want to print it out exactly a...

unwanted blank pages in document
Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. Do I have any way of accessing them? Is it set up as a booklet? -- Don Vancouver, USA "PhysWhiz" <PhysWhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58DB94F-8C81-48C8-B7B9-E55EC0BEF593@microsoft.com... > Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank > pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. > Do I have any way of accessin...

Copying dates between Excel documents
I have noticed that when I copy a date eg/ 23/02/04 (UK format) from on Excel document to another the date becomes 22/02/00. Has anyone comes across this, its really infuriating as I have t redate everything again Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com XL has two date systems, the Windows default 1900 date system, in which the 0-base date is 31 December 1899, and the MacXL default 1904 date system, in which the 0-base date is 1 January 1904. The systems differ by 4 years and a day. To resolve your issue, make sure that both workbooks have the same date system selected...

Documents & Settings vs. Users folders
OS: Vista Business; upgraded from Win XP Pro SP3. Joined to a WinSer 2003 domain. I just noticed that I have (near) identical files and folders in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and the C:\Users folder. Is this because it was an upgrade? Is there a way to eliminate one of them to free up some HD space? -- Mike Webb Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc. a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization Wood River, NE In article <8B0B66B9-1E62-479D-BC74-BF79A50895E6@microsoft.com>, Mike_in_Nebraska@newsgroup.nospam says... > > OS: ...

Saving e-mail including attachments problem
Saving Outlook e-mail including attachments has alwawys worked until recently. Can still save an e-mail but the attachemnts disappear. Please help! ...

Cannot preview of open any email with an attachment
I am unable to open or preview any email in Outlook 2003 that has an attachment. This includes old emails I have previously opened. The program locks up and I must to the Task Manager, End Task procedure to close the program. I have run "detect and repair" with no difference in performance. I have created a new .pst and imported my old .pst with no change. Any help would be most appreciated. ...

Unable to open PDF file attachments
Summary: - OS: WINDOWS VISTA - EMAIL SERVICE: WINDOWS MAIL - ADOBE READER 9.3.2 - PROBLEM: UNABLE TO OPEN ANY PDF FILE ATTACHMENTS - ATTEMPTS: UNINSTALLED/REINSTALLED ADOBE READER MULTIPLE TIMES : CHECKED FORUMS : pdf. EXTENSION FILES DEFAULT PROGRAM ADOBE READER NEED HELP URGENTLY EMILY Take a look at this.... http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-file-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "...

Attachments #118
Hello, I am reciving a lot of email with attachments. I would like save the files enclosed automatically in a directory, if the file extensions are .pdf,... Could do it? Thanks for all, SilviaLl. Look here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm Housekeeping and Message Management Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com "Silviall" <slladoARROBAg...

Entourage won't forward attachments
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a user that is no longer able to forward attachments. When she clicks Forward on a message that has attachments the message is preserved but the attachments are lost. I know she could use &quot;Forward as Attachment&quot; but then the person on the receiving end of the message has to open the original message to get to the attachment. These are just normal files in the attachments, jpeg's, pdf's ect. Also, the machine is running fully updated 13.0.4 entourage EWS conne...

Downloading of Attachments from a POP3 Server
Is there a way to configure Outlook 2007 to download headers and bodies of emails with attachments but not download the attachments? When needing to use a dial-up connection, having this ability will allow reading emails but not tie up the connection for hours downloading the attachments. Thanks! -- System Administrator Sprotte + Watson Architecture and Planning Vista, CA System Administrator wrote: > Is there a way to configure Outlook 2007 to download headers and > bodies of emails with attachments but not download the attachments? > When needing to use a dial-up c...

Outlook07-message with mp3 attachment won't send/stalls in outbox
)I can recieve mp3 attachments, multiple pictures, files, etc. but when I try to send more than 3 pictures or one mp3 (9.43 to 13.0mb size), outlook stalls and doesn't allow me to send any emails with these attachments. I can send regular files with no problem but not these. It is frustrating, does anyone know how I can fix this in Outlook so it will work? Thanks -- jani jani wrote: > )I can recieve mp3 attachments, multiple pictures, files, etc. but when I try > to send more than 3 pictures or one mp3 (9.43 to 13.0mb size), outlook stalls > and doesn't all...

Slowness opening Outlook attachment
it would take about 2-3 min to open outlook attachment don't matter what the size is. >-----Original Message----- >it would take about 2-3 min to open outlook attachment >don't matter what the size is. >. >has anybody have fix for that? ...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

Document Map showing
On one of my reports that I open via web server I get the preview display fine but it shows a "Document Map" section at the left that shows the ID number I am using as a link parameter in a subreport. How can I get rid of this when running the report? Thanks. -- David ...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

Recent documents don't display
Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply does not show any. -- Dana Go to Office Button- Go to Excel Options-Advanced, then go down to “Display” In the first line “Show this number of Recent Documents” check the number & modify as you like. -- MFS22 "danappofc" wrote: > Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply > does not show any. > -- > Dana Documents that you opened by double-clicking their icon will not show in the list. Only those that you opened from within Ex...

Promted for opening of attachment form Outlook
I have tasks linked to notes in One Note, whenever I click the attachment to open the notebook, I get a "Opening Mail Attachment" you should only open attachments from trustworthy.......... and the " always ask before opening" box is checked and grayed out so I cant change it. Although not the biggest problem in the world, it is an annoyance. Any thoughts on how to eliminate this? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have tasks linked to notes in One Note, whenever I click the attachment to > open the notebook, I get a "Opening Mail...

print attachement
Hello, I would like Outlook to check for a specific attachement in incoming email (for example all attached word documents in format "ras*.doc") and to print the attached document automatically. Is is possible using rules ? do I need a script ? any idea how to do it ? Thank you ...

attachments #45
I cannot open Word or excell attachments from my email. I can open jpeg attachments. Any ideas? I am on outlook 2000 Buddy "buddy@busylad.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:051d01c3d63d$bf42c8c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot open Word or excell attachments from my email. I > can open jpeg attachments. Any ideas? I am on outlook 2000 > Buddy You do have Word and Excel installed, don't you? ...

Removing attachment from reply
I want to reply to a message with an attachment without sending the attachment back, simply and easily "crownnut" <crownnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8F6825E-69E1-410E-846F-4D8139AAB456@microsoft.com... > I want to reply to a message with an attachment without sending the > attachment back, simply and easily Reply shouldn't keep the attachment by default. Replies do not include the attachment. Forwards include attachments. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "crownnut" <crownnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...