I have racked my pea-sized brain for endless days for a way to associate
multiple existing contacts (or accounts) to an account.

My client has accounts that have many contacts (or accounts) involved at
different stages of acquiring a new account.

The logical method would be to add a custom attribute with lookup
functionality into the existing CRM contact or account objects but this is
not possible with CRM 1.x.

The resulting UI would allow an end user to associate different contacts (or
accounts) to an account. Example:

   Account: ABC

    - AccountPhysician: (existing account or contact)

    - AccountReferralAgent: (existing account or contact)

    - AccountInsuranceCompany: (existing account or contact)

    - etc.

This type of multiple contacts (or accounts) association is possible in the
Opportunities>Other Contacts UI through the use of the ContactOpportunities
table (which consists of ContactBase.ContactID and
OpportunityBase.OpportunityID).

Can I mimic the functionality of the Opportunities>Other Contacts UI for
Accounts (i.e.: Accounts>Other Contacts)?

Can I supportably, or otherwise, create another table (i.e.:
ContactPhysicians) consisting of ContactBase.ContactID and
AccountBase.PhysicianID to hold this data similar to the
ContactOpportunities table in CRM or do I have to step outside of the CRM
database?

I briefly read that there are third party products that may give me this
functionality of many to many relationships. Is this where I need to focus
my energy?

0
Vinh
3/5/2005 7:13:51 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

C360 has a add-on that does just what you are looking for. I recommend it.
http://www.c360.com/RelationshipChart.aspx

Sean Fullerton

"Vinh" <MSDNSubscriber32822@community.nospam> wrote in message
>I have racked my pea-sized brain for endless days for a way to associate
>multiple existing contacts (or accounts) to an account.
>
> My client has accounts that have many contacts (or accounts) involved at
> different stages of acquiring a new account.
>
> The logical method would be to add a custom attribute with lookup
> functionality into the existing CRM contact or account objects but this is
> not possible with CRM 1.x.
>
> The resulting UI would allow an end user to associate different contacts
> (or accounts) to an account. Example:
>
>   Account: ABC
>
>    - AccountPhysician: (existing account or contact)
>
>    - AccountReferralAgent: (existing account or contact)
>
>    - AccountInsuranceCompany: (existing account or contact)
>
>    - etc.
>

> This type of multiple contacts (or accounts) association is possible in
> the Opportunities>Other Contacts UI through the use of the
> ContactOpportunities table (which consists of ContactBase.ContactID and
> OpportunityBase.OpportunityID).
>
> Can I mimic the functionality of the Opportunities>Other Contacts UI for
> Accounts (i.e.: Accounts>Other Contacts)?
>
> Can I supportably, or otherwise, create another table (i.e.:
> ContactPhysicians) consisting of ContactBase.ContactID and
> AccountBase.PhysicianID to hold this data similar to the
> ContactOpportunities table in CRM or do I have to step outside of the CRM
> database?
>
> I briefly read that there are third party products that may give me this
> functionality of many to many relationships. Is this where I need to focus
> my energy?

0
Sean
3/6/2005 11:13:30 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I just check it out briefly but it appears to be a bull's-eye.
I need to confirm functionality for customization of forms, views, and
reports based on the many-to-many relationships.

 - Grateful Vinh

0
Vinh

Banking Services Update Problem #2
I have successfully completed all of the steps as provided for in the update instructions. Initially updates were received as usual. However, now all of the accounts that were disabled and set-up again are failing to update. Message received is "Update unsuccessful" and call summary message is "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." Also after updating, the accounts that were updated never displayed a password text box. I went through the disable and set-up process again and still no password text box on the upd...

POS 2009 and domain accounts
How can I use POS 2009 with existing domain user accounts? I've seen some posts indicating you have to create local user accounts on servers and workstations. Surely POS 2009 can work with domain accounts instead of local accounts? ...

NDRs forwarding to external contact

More Columns #2

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

CRM address book in Outlook

Attaching Contacts to new email

blank cell instead of x
I need a formula to have a blank cell instead of a "x" eg: result should be: aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ao 2 6 3 6 2 5 17 20 15 205 18 6 3 6 2x 5 3 1 5 7 19 12 133 1 5 7x the formula i used is: =IF(AF2>=42,AA2&""&"x",IF(AF2="","",AA2)) on row 3 there are blank cells (null string contains formulas ) when I apply the formu...

Linking files 2 ways

contact list #13

Goal Seek #2

Contacts in Exchange #2

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Viewing group calendars in CRM

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2