Assigning records in Offline Mode

Hello,

Is "Assigning records " available in offline ?
if yes, how to download entity "User" ?
the entity is not in "Look for" list (in loacl data screen) even
though flag "offline availability" is marked?

Thanks,

Maya.

0
Maya
10/17/2007 9:34:42 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Maya,

just check this
http://msmvps.com/blogs/sbs/archive/2007/01/25/understanding-what-can-go-offline-with-the-crm-laptop-client.aspx

sorry for that. ;-)

Best regards

"Maya" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is "Assigning records " available in offline ?
> if yes, how to download entity "User" ?
> the entity is not in "Look for" list (in loacl data screen) even
> though flag "offline availability" is marked?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maya.

Record Locking question
Hi all, On my forms I have a checkbox with code to lock record and do certain things on the form via code by using Tag on fields and such. I also have a check box on one form that I use to enabel or disable a field. Is there a way to use more than one tag on a single field such as Txt or Cbo? If So, How? I have tried several things but seams to be out of my knowledge. Thanks Dave Any object has only one Tag property. If you really need the Tag to store multiple items, you can store a delimited list, such as: ShowThis=True; DisableThis = False; RememberSomething = 999 You can then us...

Assign from a list of names randomly
I would like to randomly assign people to different teams, from a list of names. For example: I have a list of 30 people and I want to assign them to six teams of five, randomly. I am running excel 2003. > I am running excel 2003. Have you tried the newsgroup devoted to Excel? This on is for VBA programming in Microsoft Acccess... http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.programming&cat=en_us_19e6ab45-8feb-4ce1-9a70-1d87d8dfb131&lang=en&cr=us -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I have...

Records got deleted
We have this big file accessed by more than many people in our group. It orignally had 65,000 records. We just realised that this file has 25,000 records. We recovered last 3 backup up files and all had 25,000 records. The file has a subtotal formula showing the count of records. It is still showing up as 65,000 until we change any value in the range. This tells us that the formula was not updated when the records got deleted. We are trying to investigate how the records got deleted so that we can make sure it does not occur again. Any thoughts? Thanks, Kevin Don't panic... First...

How do you edit records in mail merge?
Help states to go to Mail Merge Wizard, then there will be an Edit Records button. Can not find it anywhere. Only edit recipients. Help! You can only edit the records in your data base. You can create a new publication in step 5 of the wizard, you then can edit the records. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A222F48A-A8B2-4BF8-97F3-E60BE1CA020C@microsoft.com... > Help s...

Go Offline Specifications
Hi there! I am trying to find a document referring to different scenarios of working offline and their specifications (bytes transfered, estimated time of synchronization, connection types etc). Can you help me? Propose a Microsoft or external source for this? Thanks in advance. Elena I have not seen any document discussing this. Most offline docs talk about what is needed to do it rather than drill into details. Microsoft always recommends you do your initial Go Offline in outlook while connected to the comapny network. We have found that as long as your remote location has a fast conn...

Querying only x number of records
How do I write a query to only pull back the most recent x number of records? For example, sometimes I wish to pull back the most current 4 records, the most current 22 records, and all the records. I know who to do this in a program using a loop with a counter and a NextRecord. Anyway to do this in a query without writing code and using a single query with a [GetNumberOfRecords] parameter??? Mike, Don't know of any way to do do this with a variable number of records, without writing a little code. But the code would be extremely simple. Lets assume you have a textbox (txt...

Outlook 2003 cached mode
Is anyone having problems deleting rules? I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 in cached mode. I wanted to remove a rule that displayed an alert an deleted rule, but it still processes the deleted rule. Does anyone know where the rule file is on the server or the workstation so I can wipe it out. Thanks. Rules are hidden messages in your Inbox. Have you tried disabling cached mode to see if you could see/delete the rule and then switch back to cached mode? "Dennis" <daustad@amsco1.com> wrote in message news:5ca001c400b7$2aea4d70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is any...

How to get date entered recording first time condition is true?
Would like a date entered in a column the first time a condition is met calculated on several other columns in the same row. How could this be implemented? You could modify the circular reference formula at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html to substitute your conditional statement for A1="". Or you could use something like the event macro shown there, but using the Calculation event instead, for instance: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Dim rCheck As Range Dim rCell As Range On Error Resume Next Set rCheck = Range("A...

Count Sequential Records (by date)
I work for a small homeless shelter. I have a table called "Services" that contains records with a ServiceID, GuestID, ServiceDate, and ServiceType. Such as: ServiceID (key) GuestID ServicesDate ServicesType 1875 4572 02/01/08 Men's Dorm 1877 9762 02/02/08 Men's Dorm 1892 9762 02/03/08 Men's Dorm We also have a table called "Guest" with each guest's name and other information. For various reasons, we keep an ongoing count of how many nights in a row a gu...

command button to open form needs to assign values
I have an Animal Record form that shows the record for an individual animal. I created a command button that opens the Animal Journal form. I need to preset the values in the Animal Journal form so that the [Animal Journal].[Animal ID] field is automatically set to the Animal ID from the Animal Record form, and I would also like to display the Animal Record Name on the Animal Journal form. I played around with the OpenArgs property of my DoCmd.Open, but this does not seem to work. Here's the code: Private Sub Add_AJ_Entry_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Add_AJ_Entry_Click Dim stDo...

problems synchronizing for offline viewing
Anyone know what the problem is? Tried synchronizing on another laptop and it went through (2002 outlook), but on the 2000 outlook sp1, doesn't go. used to work. 11:50:15 Synchronizing Hierarchy 11:50:16 Synchronizing Favorites 11:50:16 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' 12:00:02 Error synchronizing folder 12:00:02 [80040102-501-0-550] 12:00:02 The client operation failed. 12:00:02 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 12:00:02 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 12:00:02 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?...

problems going offline SFO
Hi, I installed SFO on a Win2K client and CRM on Win2K server. The SQL server is on a sepparate machine and is configured as localsystem (so is my CRM server). The web application and online SFO client work without any errors. When i try to take the SFO offline, it tries to sync with the CRM server. It TRIES but never succeeds. he just quits the sync at some point. the messaging during the sync is very fast but i can make up that he tries to create a subscription, he succeeds, he tries to make a snapshot and then it shows the message that he can not find the snapshot path. I already tri...

Removing Look for: Account option in the Look Up Records window
Hello again, I have another question: when I click the lookup button of the "Customer" field on, e.g. new "Invoice" form, a Look Up Records pops up. The re are two options for selecting a customer there in a drop-down: "Account" and "Contact". I would like to remove "Account" so that the customer could only be selected from "Contacts": I was unable to find the way to do it. Thank you in advance, Hrvoje I think you could remove it by using javascript and removing the account type code of the typecodes property of the lookup ...

Command button to replace current record's field
I have a continuous form with a command button in detailed band. On click event, I want to replace 'checkin' field of current record with =now(). Click the command button the 2nd time, replace same field with blank. (toggle). Thanks. To assign the current time to the checkin field, use this code: Me.checkin = Now() (or use the SetValue action in a macro if you prefer.) It would be easier to use another button to blank the field. Code: Me.checkin = Null Otherwise you'll have to keep track of when the button was clicked first (module level variable in the f...

Move Mailbox and "Cached Mode"
I am attempting to move some mailboxes to another Exchange server. SOme of my clients are runnign in Outlook 2003 "Cached mode". It appears that their profiels are not gettgin updated after the move. Is there some way to force the update to their profiles? Can I simply disable cached mode via GPO temporarily? Am I simply not waiting long enough before loggin them in? Thanks, Bob On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:27:03 -0800, "Bob Williamson" <BobWilliamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am attempting to move some mailboxes to another Exchange server. SOme of ...

The offline address book does not download all fields, especially any custom
The offline address book does not download all fields, especially any custom fields that might have been setup. How can we define what fields are downloaded to the offline address book? Regards Jacques | The offline address book does not download all fields, especially any custom | fields that might have been setup. How can we define what fields are | downloaded to the offline address book? | | Regards | Jacques | Hi Jacques, The attributes within the OAB file are fixed and cannot be customised or changed. You can move data from your custom fields into non-used defined fields and al...

Running Reports while Working offline / CRM laptop client for Outl
Our sales people are always traveling. Therefore they use CRM Laptop Client for Outlook and they are connected offline most of the time. The problem is that when they try to run reports, a message appears: "Reports are available online only"! This is a real problem, because a lot of the time they need to print reports (Such as quotations) while they are abroad (Connected offline). Please advise if there is a workaround for this problem! Since reports are generated by SQL Reporting Services, users need access to the SQL Reporting Services website and the database that contains...

Sum field shows sum of all records, not just related records
My apologies if this answer is already out there ... I looked, but couldn't find what I needed: I have a form which is based on a query of tblCamperInformation and tblCurrentRegistration. I have three tabs, one for the tblCamperInformation, on for tblCurrentRegistration and a third which has a subform for tblPayments. tblPayments is comprised of payment information for each camper. I have primary keys in each table, CamperID, RegistrationID and PaymentID. What I would like is to have the balance of camp due to show on my tab of tblCurrentRegistration, however, when I create a field to...

Use Macro To Change Which Macro Assigned To Command Button
I'm trying to create a macro that will change the macro associated with multiple Command Buttons on my spreadsheet. I've been able to use the macro recorder to change the macros associated with "regular" buttons on the sheet; however, the recorder does not track the changing of the macro associated with Command Buttons. A quick example of what I need to accomplish: CommandButton23 is currently assigned to the macro "TOTYr_Day1" via: Private Sub CommandButton23_Click() TOTYr_Day1 End Sub I need to change that to be assigned to the macro TOTYr_Day1_NE...

Where is on/off status of overtype mode displayed on Word screen?
In Word 2003, I could look at the bottom of the screen to see whether I was in Overtype Mode or not. In Word 2007, I see nothing displayed on screen to know whether Overtype is on or off. Am I just not seeing it? Right-click the status bar and, from the context menu, click to select the options that you want displayed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "snjbaren" <snjbaren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC482183-ED9B-4E8D-8156-0FFFBD3D0DDD@microsoft.com... > In Word 2003, I could look at the bottom of the screen to see whether I ...

Smartlist Duplicate Records
Hello, I am having a recurring problem with duplicate records returning on some of my SmartLists. I have tried building the SmartLists using just tables within Builder and have also tried creating SQL views instead to see if I could eliminate this problem but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions for this problem? I appreciate the help. Julia Hunt Florida Keys Aqueduct Authority Julia: Most likely your table joins aren't configured properly. Can you provide an example of one of your queries that is returning the duplicates? The tables, fields, and joins you...

Assigning unique identifier to unique authors
Hi, I have a table that lists authors by 2 fieds (last name and first name) among other information, like journal title, etc. What I need to do is assign a unique identifier to each unique author. There are many duplicate author names because they have authored more than one article listed in my table. I need to find unique names and then assign some sort of unique (auto) number. Thanks, in advance. I'm new to Access and queries!! Bluesky Hi Jerry, Thanks so much for your reply! one quick, very naive question: for number 7, I've made a query that joins the two table, by...

I am being told to "Please run setup in maintenance mode" ???
I don't understand how to get to 'maintenance mode'. Please help cjaaron "cjaaron" <cjaaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D98FA5-085B-4394-8310-07A78AF9A27B@microsoft.com... > I don't understand how to get to 'maintenance mode'. Please help > > cjaaron Is this when you are using Microsoft Access (the database program)? If so what are you doing when you get the message and what version of Access are you using and what operating system? If not then Microsoft's Help system has landed you in the wrong n...

CRM Error when assigning an account to another user
Hi everyone, I get an error message when I try to assign an account to another user. Both users have the appropriate rights. I get Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Query String: /SFA/accts/edit.aspxid={E8DA58C5-5D...

ODBC & efficient record selection
Hi, Please forgive the cross-posting. I wasn't sure which was correct. Please answer the questions at the end. My app processes an Access database using MFC's ODBC interface. In the database, there are 3 tables: "Months", "Days", and "Tasks". The only 2 columns for "Months" are the autonumber Primary Key "Month Number" and "Date". The only 3 columns for "Days" are the autonumber Primary Key "Day Number", "Date", and "Month Number". Finally, one of the columns of "Tasks" is &...