assigned tasks stay in 'my activities' view

I have a user (Heather) who has tasks created from a workflow.
Heather's job changed and so she needed to assign these tasks to
someone else. She successfully assigned them to another user, and 90%
of the time these disappeared from her 'my activities' view.  However,
she still has about 10 tasks that will not disappear from her view.
When I use advanced find, searching by her as owner, they do not show
as they are now owned by the person she assigned them to.   How do I
make these disappear from her 'my activities' view?

~thanks,

Paul

0
paul
10/17/2006 5:54:49 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I've been seeing this same problem as well, for Phone Calls rather then
Tasks, but similarly created via Workflow.  Not sure yet if it is a bug, or
something that can be worked around.

Kind Regards, Paul.

"paul.gebben@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have a user (Heather) who has tasks created from a workflow.
> Heather's job changed and so she needed to assign these tasks to
> someone else. She successfully assigned them to another user, and 90%
> of the time these disappeared from her 'my activities' view.  However,
> she still has about 10 tasks that will not disappear from her view.
> When I use advanced find, searching by her as owner, they do not show
> as they are now owned by the person she assigned them to.   How do I
> make these disappear from her 'my activities' view?
>
> ~thanks,
>
> Paul

I'm glad we're not the only ones with this problem. Our problem is in
two parts and may or may not be related. I'll use heather as an
example: If she reassigns it to Bob and hits ok, it gets assigned back
to Heather. We have found that by assigning it to someone else or
assigning it to Heather (even though her name is still there) and then
assigning it to Bob it will work. Multiple users have this problem with
random accounts or activities. Even as an admin it wont work without
doing as i said above.

Now back to the "My activities". If you do an advanced find and view
the search criteria for the "My activities" view you will notice it
searches for more than just the current owner and open activities.
"Bulk Operation" seems to be creating the problem because if you remove
it then it works as it should. I ended up creating a new view and
setting it as the default. We never really tested it but if those
activities are showing up in Heather's list, are they not going to show
up in the correct owners?? If that's the case then it is very likely
you are going to miss scheduled activities.

0
rvrebel