Assign new contacts to the same owner as the account 's owner

I would like to know if it is possible to use a workflow
to assign a the contact of an Account to the same owner as
the owner of the account.
I explain. I have to salespersons working on the same
accounts but all the accounts are owned by only one of the
two salespersons.
If the first salesperson create a contact, he will be the
owner of the contact but I would like to make a workflow
to assign this contact to the other owner who is the owner
of the Account this contact belongs to.
Is it possible or is there another way to do that ???
Thanks in advance
Didier
0
Didier
10/20/2004 3:03:37 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Multiple Products On Account
I would like to display on the account form what products they have installed which in our case could be multiples. I want to use a lookup feild to do this so they can be directly related to the product itself. This does not appear to be a supported part of CRM 3.0 so is there an unsupported way to do this? >From memory, there is a supported way to achieve this. Create an entity Provide it with a 1 - many link to account Provide it with another 1 - many link to products Add fields for all your other information. I am pretty sure this will give you the functionality you require. I just ...

MS Money 2004 : phantom transactions on list of accounts
Been using Money for several years. Just yesterday, I started noticing a worrying problem. All my accounts totals on the "list of accounts" summary screen are wrong. If I go into the individual accounts they are right, but there are any number of accounts that have the total wrong in summary. "Favourite Accounts" are the same way. I think what is happening is that Money has applied all the future items from the "Bills and deposits" list as duplicate phantom transactions to these totals. When I go to the list of accounts and click on the (+) to expand an acco...

Contacts tracked in CRM are not correctly displaying the CRM icon
Has anyone else had an issue where a tracked CRM contact does not correctly display the CRM icon, but has the regular outlook icon. This is appearing to us when we manually enter in a company name in a tracked CRM contact. The icon gets updated to an outlook icon, however if we double click the contact we can see that it is still tracked in CRM (i.e. it states view in CRM and allows us to click the icon and jump into the CRM contact record). The only way we can correctly get the CRM icon to display is to turn off contact synchronization in personal options and then go offline and then onlin...

How to re-enable import of accounts
How do you re-enable the option to import accounts and folders from Outlook Express into Outlook again ? Normally it happens the first time you start up Outlook, it will then say that it has detected several accounts/folders from Outlook Express and ask if you want to import it into Outlook. I would like to use Outlook again instead of Outlook Express, so that I can take advantage of the archiving function within Outlook, as Outlook Express doesn't have that function. Regards, Jan Larsen email: Jan@larsen.mail.dk I would just open OE and use Export to move the data to Outlook...if bot...

Can Outlook be setup like Express with Messenger contacts appearance?
I just installed the Windows Messenger into our Windows 2000 network. Does anyone know if it is possible to make Outlook 2000 and Windows Messenger more interactive? Here is what I am looking for. 1). Inside of Outlook, contact list appears (similar to Outlook Express) 2). Contact list shows all users of exchange in Groups (Created once at Server) 3). Limit users from changing settings Please Advise. ...

Recall last account number used on a window
Request for enhancement to be able to recall the last account number used in a different window ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4979342a-e96f-4965-93f7-c99b...

How do I use my old shaw email account on my new computer?
I had a "@shaw.ca" email account on my old computer, but it crashed. I now have a new computer and have installed microsoft office outlook 2003 on it, but i don't know how to use my email account on my new computer. I still remember the password and everything and i am sure that it still exists because i checked on it earlier today with the "manage my email" part of the shaw website. Please help me. If i am taught, i can then teach others! Learn from your ISP - they normally will post a FAQ about connecting to their mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Transfers between accounts ...
I am just trying to monitor my cash flow, i download all statments from all accounts from all banks and get the info into money without a hitch. I can find where i have taken money from one account and placed it in another. How to i tell Money that this is just a transfer, and not a combination of expense and income? I find that my overall income and exenses are way off because of this. In microsoft.public.money, BGuthrie wrote: >I am just trying to monitor my cash flow, i download all >statments from all accounts from all banks and get the >info into money without a hitch. ...

Contacts disappeared! Panic
I am using the old Outlook"97 with Windows xp. You can imagine how much stuff I have accumulated over the years. Tues. I had a calendar with appointments included for the rest of 2003. Today my calendar has no appointments listed. Tues. I had contacts with all their addresses, phone and fax numbers. Today Contacts have nothing listed. Nobody is listed. What happened? What can I do? The first thing to try is to check the view settings on each of those folders and make sure you haven't inadvertently switched to a filtered view that is hiding the items. Go to View | Current View f...

Creating a new Incoming Phone Call
If Microsoft Crm is set to regard Phone Calls as 'Incoming' by default; the Sender of the Phone Call still defaults to the behaviour as if the Phone Call as 'outgoing'. i.e. the System User creating the Phone Call is always set as the Sender, and the Regarding Object is always set as the Recipient. If the Default has been set to Incoming, I would suggest that the System User creating the Phone Call is set as the Recipient and the Regarding Object set as the Sender. -- Kind Regards, Paul. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respond...

create a new tab
I have 4 payroll sheets and I need to have each one as a tab on my screen. I simply have one and not the others. How do I create a tab for each of the 4 documents that I need? Hi Mindy, Click on Insert of the main menu, then choose worksheet option! Regards, Stefi „Mindy” ezt írta: > I have 4 payroll sheets and I need to have each one as a tab on my screen. I > simply have one and not the others. How do I create a tab for each of the 4 > documents that I need? ...

global mailbox owner exchange 2000?
Hi Im pretty new to exchange 2000 (so 5.5 terms might sneak in) and so fare it sucks administrating it. I got a group of people in a department X that should be allowed to handle ALL other mailboxes in organization. They should be able to do exact the same as the mailbox owner (read , send(as), do meetings, delete etc). How do I do it ? If i go into AD and choose advance tab I can see that user got "Read permissions" and "Full mailbox access". But if I goto into Exchange System Manager and choose security tab for ex the whole organization I can NOT see "Read permiss...

Investment accounts #2
I was setting up some investment accounts and I realized that I wasn't doing it per money's suggestions specifically setting up one account for each paper statement that you receive. Because I had entered investments from two different statements, I decided to delete the account and start from scratch. So, I deleted the account that I had named Roth IRA. It is no longer in my account list. I then tried to set up an account for my Janus Roth IRA, but money will not allow me to enter one of the funds because it had been part of the deleted account, Roth IRA. It will not al...

Credit Card Receipt Distribution Accounts
In GP 9.0 - how do we go about setting up the receipts distribution accounts for payment method of Credit Card? Thanks! Bryan I think you're looking for the credit card setup window. Tools > Setup > Company > Credit Card, in the "Accepted from Customers" section. -- BrianB "Banner" wrote: > In GP 9.0 - how do we go about setting up the receipts distribution accounts > for payment method of Credit Card? > > Thanks! > > Bryan Excellent - thanks! "BrianB" wrote: > I think you're looking for the credit card setup w...

Personal Contacts in Outlook being added to Accounts ... should no
CRM Outlook Client for CRM 4.0 is associating a users personal contacts, not company related, to Accounts in CRM and Tracking them. The user is not manually doing the Track in CRM. I am assuming that a synchornization setting in the CRM options for their Outlook is causing this, but not sure which one. You could go to CRM-Modify Local Data Groups menu in Outlook. Here you can view and edit the Contacts that are synchronized between the CRM system and Outlook. You could specify your own conditions based on which the synchronization should happen. If you do not want automatic synchroni...

Change Account Structure
I am setting up a development environment to emulate our production environment (sounds backwards, but a 3rd party vendor used to maintain the system for us and we're doing it in-house now). After installing Dynamics on our dev server, and setting up a couple of companies, we wanted to use the SQL production backup for the company data. However, the account structure used in setting up the system was 12 chars, 4-4-4, and the company data has a different format. I updated the data in the Dynamics database in the SY003001 and SY00302 table, but now cannot log into the system. Is t...

Related activities view on account
Hi. On the account entity, I can view all related activities, but the filter is set to "Activities The Next 30 days". Can I change the default filter to "All". Thanks Jacob Mondrup Hej, Check the article here : http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS11 Mvh Aamir ...

owner drawn CListCtrl creates blank rows on reszing
I created an owner draw CListCtrl object (inside of another resizable control). CListCtrl::Create ( LVS_REPORT | LVS_SINGLESEL | LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER, rect, pParentWnd, nID ) ); this->SetExtendedStyle ( LVS_EX_GRIDLINES ); Ive overload the DrawItem and MeasureItem methods as well. Ive overloaded the WM_SIZE handler to fit all the columns on the control too. When all the rows are displayed,...

New Mailboxs
I created some mailbox with a default SMTP address, I had to change the SMTP address, I wait some time in order to ADC replication was done, in this moment the new smtp address is updated , but these users can't receive mail from internet. Message error : The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.The MTS-ID of the original message is:c=us;a= ;p=org01;l=USLGBMAIL000608221546RCR9CRYF MSEXCH:IMS:ORG01:LongBeach:USLGBMAIL00 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipie...

Change password on Exchange account
I'm trying to change my Exchange server password from within Outlook 2003, but cannot find that function anywhere in the user interface. Am I not observant enough, or is it not possible? dOinK I also cannot find this. Don't know where it went but our users rely on it. Anyone have any idea? "dOinK" <tvanvik@on_DELETE_line.no> wrote in message news:3pprc.1205$EC1.820@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com... > I'm trying to change my Exchange server password from within Outlook 2003, > but cannot find that function anywhere in the user interface. Am I not > obser...

UNHANDLE SCRIPT EXCEPTION IN AA ACCOUNT LINK
I installed GP8, AA with HotFix 7. the version for GP is 8.00g34 and AA is 8.00g11 when: Cards > Financial > Analytical Accounting > Accounts and select an accounts, I received error: unhandled script exception object has no reference exception_script_class_bad_param. pls advice. URGENT !!! Hi Try install service pack 3 for GP 8.0 - this was released last week James[MVP] "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC8B3857-D841-44B5-8D93-43D56836B80A@microsoft.com... >I installed GP8, AA with HotFix 7. > the version for GP is 8.00g...

Total record count of contacts ???????????
HI, I want to get the total record count of contacts according to status code or according to my customised field how can i do it ? Regards, use the advanced find function then export the result to excel "Richard I.P" <iamiamiam_77@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:68b0f2fd.0402100947.15813576@posting.google.com... > HI, > > I want to get the total record count of contacts according to status > code or according to my customised field how can i do it ? > > Regards, ...

sync Contacts on Exchange with Address Book in Entourage (not iCal)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to sync Contacts on the Exchange server with the Address Book in Entourage under &quot;On My Computer&quot;? <br> Note: I am not referring to the Address Book in iCal, which can be synced via Sync Service. ...

MS CRM 1.2 Register New incident from External source with SDK
Hi I am creating a small application which stores the new incidents by using the SDK. I have added the .dll references of the assemblies Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types, Microsoft.Crm.Platform.proxy and System.Web.Services. When I execute the code are no error messages, but does not register the new incident. This is the code Thanks, Gilbert Robinson the code ======= Imports Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy Imports System.web.services Imports Microsoft.CRM.Flags Imports Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Types Public Class WebForm1 Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Private Sub Page_...

Link a Product to a Contact
Hi, For each product I sell I'd like to manage more info about it than just the plain-jane "Vendor" field on the Product\Description tab. I'd rather create a real Contact record, then replace the plain-jane "Vendor" field with one that holds a link to the actual Contact (relationship or picklist?). Ideally this would be 1-1. When I look through all the form customization and relationship creation screens, it is not apparent how I would do this. I never see anything that would let me directly connect two system entities. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. B...