ASP.NET AJAX in custom ASPX page in ISV folder

Is it possible to include ASP.NET AJAX code in a custom ASPX page that I
deploy in the ISV folder? ... that is, without creating a sepparate web
application.

I've tried to put a ScriptManager control on one of my pages and I cannot
make it load in CRM. I know that in order for AJAX to work in ASP.NET I have
to include some settings in web.config file. I do not want to alter the CRM
web.config ... so I've created my own web.config file (with all the required
settings for AJAX) and place it in the ISV folder. But it seems that CRM
ignores my file.

Thanks
0
Ciprian (7)
6/29/2009 1:40:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Jun 29, 6:40=A0pm, Ciprian <Cipr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to include ASP.NET AJAX code in a custom ASPX page that I
> deploy in the ISV folder? ... that is, without creating a sepparate web
> application.
>
> I've tried to put a ScriptManager control on one of my pages and I cannot
> make it load in CRM. I know that in order for AJAX to work in ASP.NET I h=
ave
> to include some settings in web.config file. I do not want to alter the C=
RM
> web.config ... so I've created my own web.config file (with all the requi=
red
> settings for AJAX) and place it in the ISV folder. But it seems that CRM
> ignores my file.
>
> Thanks

create a virtual directory for your application in isv folder

regards
Rakesh Agarwal
Dynamicsexchange Team
Hi Ciprian,

the web.config of Microsoft CRM rules as long as you have put your
application in the ISV.

--
Regards,

Karim Mohamed
http://karimmohamed.spaces.live.com

"Ciprian" wrote:

> Is it possible to include ASP.NET AJAX code in a custom ASPX page that I
> deploy in the ISV folder? ... that is, without creating a sepparate web
> application.
>
> I've tried to put a ScriptManager control on one of my pages and I cannot
> make it load in CRM. I know that in order for AJAX to work in ASP.NET I have
> to include some settings in web.config file. I do not want to alter the CRM
> web.config ... so I've created my own web.config file (with all the required
> settings for AJAX) and place it in the ISV folder. But it seems that CRM
> ignores my file.
>
> Thanks

Customize Outlook Today #16
"Customize Outlook Today" button does nothing when I click on it. Worked before. Only difference is we applied SP1 and SP3 and security updates. If this is Outlook 2000, the following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** I...

CRM .NET Compatibility Question
So far you guys have been a tremendous assistance. I just need one clarification if anyone knows. Is the CRM incompatible with .Net Framework 1.1 or just Windows 2003 implimentation of .Net Framework 1.1. I have built a Windows 2000 server and am ready to intall CRM but am not sure if I should use the .Net Framework version 1.1 which is on the windows update site or do I need to dig around for version 1.0 Thank you much River Cox USArchive and Imaging Services. version 1.0 it is Has anyone tried with .net 1.0 sp1 We are currently using sp2 (which I believe CRM recommends anyways). &qu...

Securing Public Folders
Hello. I am using Exchange 2003. I am trying to secure the root of the public folder to keep users from creating folders there. I have sub-folders where they can do that, but I can't seem to restrict permissions at the root level. Any help would be appreciated. In news:FC06B16E-4365-4FB8-98EB-258FCAE567A2@microsoft.com, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello. I am using Exchange 2003. I am trying to secure the root of > the public folder to keep users from creating folders there. I have > sub-folders where they can do that, but I can't seem to rest...

Public folder replication #8
Hello friends: As our exchange 5.5 pub.edb file was taking up almost all the hard drive space, we asked our main office to stop replicating their public folders to our server, even after they stopped replicating the size of the pub.edb hasn't gone down. Is there an utlity that will delete the whitespace in the database file? please advise. Thanks. Hello, an offline defrag might help... See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192185 for more information on how to accomplish this. Greetings, Henning Krause ========================== Visit my website: http://www.inf...

Possible Public Folder Corruption
I still have ek23 and ek55 coexisting right now. I used pfmigrate to replicate the ek55 PF to ek23 and all went well. Nearly all of my user mailboxes are still located on the ek55 server with only 5 on the ek23 server. The issue: The Veritas Backups for ek55 have been going much slower than normal. When the job is canceled, Veritas states in the error log "Database or Database element is corrupt". This occurs on the Exchange Public Folders. My question: What is the best course of action to resolve this problem? Should I assume that any corruption is also replicated t...

Believe there is an error with the Net Worth report programming
I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem or is aware of any discussion but I just noticed there is a major discrepancy between the investment account value as shown in Portfolio and the value for the same investment account as of the exact same date as shown in the Net Worth report. I would expect that the Net Worth report would pick up the account values from the Portfolio manager but this doesn't appear to be the case. What leads me to believe it's a programming bug is that the amount changes over time. In other words, I compared the values for this accou...

Counting the number of times a word appears 'anywhere' on a page
I'm trying to clean up a rather large file. The first field of each row is the name of the row, and if this name does not appear anywhere else in the file, or in any of three other files, the row can be eliminated. If it appears 5 times or more, it should be marked as such. So I'm looking for a way to search for the contents of the first row in the entire page and three other pages (minus the field containing the name I'm searching for in the first place) and return the number of hits. I'm sure there is an easy way to do this, but I haven't managed to figure it out yet an...

Page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page
Hello. What do I do with my page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page. -(Page) at (SectionPages)- Right now it says 1 to 1 beacause of the section breaks. I would like it to be 1 to 5 ex. My problem is that I have a title which is framed in 2 section breaks. Im doing this because I write in columns and i dont want the title to be in columns-format. The problem is so, that it counts the title of an independent section and confuse the page number. How do I get it to count for a single section? Please Help Instead of using section breaks around the title, I would pro...

Access Mailbox Folders
I need to be able to view an ex-employee's exchange mailbox, and would like to open thier folders along with mine in outlook. I know to go to services and add the user in the "Open these additional Mailboxes" field. However, it says "Unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened." I am sure this is a mailbox rights issue. When I go to the Exchange Advanced tab for the user, and click the mailbox rights button, several accounts are checked to DENY "full mailbox access." I am unable to uncheck it because it is inheriti...

Migrating Customer from SBF to GP
As far as the process of 'migrating' a customer from SBF to GP, is all you need to do is install GP, create a company database, and then restore that database from a backup of the SBF company (the table structures within the db’s “look” identical). Dear Veridicus, I am not sure! I would prefer to use integration manager instead, easy and safe. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Software Development Manager +962 - 79 - 999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com "Veridicus" wrote: > As far...

page number in each section
Hi there I have several section and the footer shows page # of #. In each section, I want it to start at 1 of number of pages in the section. I figured out how to change the first number so it is correct-- but I can not figure out how to change the total number of pages in the document to the total number of pages in the section. How do you change it so is show the total number of pages in the section? -- Thank-you! Ruth Use the SectionPages field instead of NumPages. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mv...

vb.net 2008 display and print directory/subdirectories
I am looking for suggestions on how to implement a view of directories/subdirectories and then output the results to a printer. similar to a table of contents. I have been looking at the system.io.directories, and it makes sense how to get just the directories of a given path, but I am stuck on how to determine if the directory has sub-directories and then loop through them accordingly. Probably something recursive, but if you have ideas that would be great. Seams like I am reinventing the wheel here, but the desired goal of an output to a printer just isn't available. ...

excel invalid page fault in Excel.exe
I get an invalid page fault when I try to open Excel from programs. I can open it from the start, run menu in safe mode. Any help? Thanks, Russ ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Try the suggestions at www.cpearson.com/excel/startuperrors.htm , especially the section regarding customized toolbar files (xlb files). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP -...

How do I copy a customized Print format over to a new worksheet?
any assistance would be appreciated? Lots of print settings can be "Copied" over by grouping each sheet -- select the one with the correct page layout first. Then go into File|page setup and hit ok. Then ungroup your worksheets. If the worksheets are in different workbooks, copy the "master" to the other workbook, then do the work, and delete that copied worksheet. Jon Beard wrote: > > any assistance would be appreciated? -- Dave Peterson ...

Outlook New Email "To..." Addresses From Contact Folder
The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last" is always displayed no matter what I do. Suggestions? I suggest posting your Outlook version so we can answer. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roy Bethel" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:brno9s$7vh$1@newslocal.mitre.org... > The displayed name This is supposed to be controlled by "Display as:" under > "Email" in Contact. I can't get it to work. "First Last"...

Delete with out delete folder
Is there any way to delete an email item and have it permanently deleted without having it first go to the deleted items folder. I am aware that I can have the deleted items folder cleared on exit but do not want to do that. Thanks, Will Will@k2e.com Hard delete the item (hold down the Shift key when deleting the item). -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:uRFs5I$7DHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

Linking VS6.0 DLL to .Net 2003
Please help me with this.. I have a DLL created in Visual C++ 6.0 ( VS 6.0 ). I am trying to use this DLL in a new wrapper application written using Visual Studio .net 2003 (C++ - MFC). My DLL has many methods which uses CString as arguements and return values. At first, I got a Link error as error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl CTestCommon::SetName(class ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC_DLL<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > >)" (__imp_?SetName@CTestCommon@@SAXV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC_DLL@DV?...

Public Folder messages stuck in Messages Pending Submission queue
We recently added a replica of our PF to a new server and phased out the old server (it is still up, but with no PFs). We now periodically see our Messages Pending Submission queues (on a variety of servers in the forest) backing up with public folder messages with a subject of Hierarchy. Any ideas what might be happening? - jc ...

Default view for Public Folder
Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 Have a Public Folder for Contacts. Would like the default view for all users of this Public Folder to be 'Detailed Address Cards'. Is it possible to set this globally, or does each user have to select his/her view? Thanks. In news:BCC518DF-8D45-46CD-86A1-4E8B1920BEDD@microsoft.com, Kelly Reed <Kelly Reed@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 > > Have a Public Folder for Contacts. Would like the default view for > all users of this Public Folder to be 'Detailed Address Cards'. > > Is it ...

validate dynamic XML against dynamic XSD using VB.NET
Greetings All If this is the wrong place to post this question, please give me a push in the right direction. Thanks. I know there has to be a simpler way to do this, but this is as simple a way as I could come up with. Yes, it's obvious I don't know what I'm doing. I'm creating an XSD string and an XML string at runtime (ie: NOT read from file). I want to validate the XML against the XSD. (All the examples in MSDN and on google seem to read the XML and XSD from file.) It appears that the XSD is not getting properly loaded or parsed because after I add the XmlSchema obj...

capture data form which then links through to page to download fil
Hi. Can someone help please. I'm using frontpage 2003. My boss wants me to create a form to capture data from visitors. That bit is fairly straightforward. What he then wants to do is once visitors fill in the form and click submit he wants them to go through to another page where they can download pdf files of their choice. This is the bit which is causing me problems. How can I configure the form so once visitors fill it in and hit submit they are taken through to this new section, at the same time capturing the information they have put in the form. Any help would be much ...

Customize More Addresses Form
Is there a way to customize the "More Addresses" form inside the Account window? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Brandon ha escrito: > Is there a way to customize the "More Addresses" form inside the Account > window? > > -- > Brandon > Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" > http://www.presentationsdirect.com >From inside de Account form window? probably not. You should go to settings, personalization, and go to "More Addresses"...

"This page has an unspecified potential security risk...." ??
Coincident with installing SP3 (and IE8) I've started getting This dialog whenever I double-click on a desktop icon pointing to my WSH box's "Public" share from my XP machine: http://tinyurl.com/yhhu2xf It does not happen with other shares. What's different about this share is that I set it tb the location of "MyDocuments". Is there a way to suppress the dialog? -- PeteCresswell Pete, Suggest you post this issue to a Windows Home Server forum: Windows Home Server http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowshomeserver ...

border format causing the doc to be hundreds of pages long
I have a spreadsheet that is about 6 pages long. Evidently, someone has applied a border to some cells , that seem to go on and on forever. Therefore, the worksheet looks to be hundreds and hundreds of pages... all the extra pages have a bold line down one of the columes. I have tried to select all the range and get rid of the bold , but the spreadsheet goes on forever.. I never get to the end, so the page length keeps getting longer. I know there must be an easy solution... Anyone?? Thanks g It's a good habit to specifically set the print range: Select the range you want print...

Select a Customer from ListBox???? in different Forms
Hi I have a form Name "FrmDrVoucher" and a SubForm "FrmDrVoucherBodySubForm" In this form. I have "AccountNo" Txtbox Control in SUbForm. After this control I have a small button by pressing it a new form appears with a list box having all my customers Id's and names.... I wanted that by double clicking on a customer name in list box, It fill up the AccountNo in my SubForm with selected CustomerId from Listbox. For This I used the Following Code in ListBox Dbl Click Event (in newly PopUp Form) Private Sub List0_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) [F...